Chapter 84

Are you drunk?

 

 
“Noona are you comfortable?” You smiled softly and looked up at the boy in front of you. The others were sitting on the couch, trying to put less weight on their exhausted legs. You nodded.
 
“I’m just fine Taemin.. Shouldn’t you be sitting down too?” He shrugged.
 
“Does that mean you’ll preform?” You chuckled and shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh. You have to ask oppa about preformances. I don’t do them. I can’t risk it, not like this..” He nodded and his eyes lit up.
 
“I’m going to text him then!” You got up in a flash, a lot faster than you knew you could, and snatched the phone from his hands. He pouted but smirked and jumped on your seat.
 
“Please noona?” You sent him a glare and he pouted again.
 
“Why don’t you ever sing as yourself? Why do you always have to impersonate a guy?” Minho inquired.
 
“Can’t you reach high notes?” Jonghyun asked. You shook your head. You could reach high notes, you just didn’t want to sing in front of people. It was okay as long as you could pretend you were a guy. Guys can laugh at others with no problems whatsoever. It’s really mean when girls laugh at someone, and it’s pathetic when a girl gets laughed at.
 
“Please? Minho keeps boasting you have a great voice.. Can’t you sing for us?” You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh! It’s embarrassing!”
 
“We sing and dance all day. That’s not embarrassing!” Onew argued.
 
“It’s your job to do that. My job is keeping track of that.”
 
“It’s actually your job to help us. Help us relax and sing us a song?” That sounds like something Jonghyun could say. According to the glares that were sent across the room it really was him.
 
“Please? Noona, I promise I won’t text Taemin hyung.” Little Taemin held up his phone. Your eyes widened, how did he get that back?
 
“Are you planning to become a thief if this doesn’t work out for you?” You asked. That sneaky kid. He innocently shook his head.
 
“Noona.. If you don’t do it.. I’ll be upset. Key! You don’t want me upset right?!” You spun around and gave Key a pleading look.
 
“You were on my side, right?” Key blinked.
 
“I am on your side, you singing is for the benefit of yourself.” You sighed.
 
“That’s nice.. That’s not really the same as..-” You felt your phone buzz and answered it, “yoboseyo?”
 
“Yoboseyo Ae! Are you on a break?” You smirked at Taemin’s voice.
 
“Techniqually speaking yes. Wae?” You had a feeling he was up to something. You could hear it, he sounded like he was really happy about something, “you didn’t harm Jaejoong did you?” You quickly asked. Taemin groaned.
 
“No I didn’t! Not yet anyway.. So, you’re on a break! Can you come join me? I need your assistance.”
 
“More people do.. I’m hired for that.”
 
“You’re on a break, you said so yourself! Please? Oppa misses you..” You shivered, that sounded very unlike Taemin!
 
“Alright! I’ll be there.. Where are you even?” You asked. SHINee was sending you questioning looks but you ignored them for the sake of concentration. Taemin was up to something. But what?
 
“I’m.. I’ll send someone to come get you arasso? Saranghae dongsaeng.” ‘Send someone? This must be serious.’ You thought to yourself and placed a finger under your lip. Who was he going to send?
 
“Nado saranghae oppa.” You turned around and noticed Jonghyun had sneaked closer. You ended the phone call.
 
“Who was that?” You tilted your head.
 
“Who do you think it was?”
 
“Jaejoong?” You shook your head. He sighed in relief, “Taemin hyung?” You nodded.
 
“What does he want?” Minho asked.
 
“He requires my presence and is currently sending someone to pick me up seeing as I am on my break now and not your personal entertainer!” You said in an annoyed voice.
 
“Are you always being polite when you’re upset?” You bit your lip and pushed through the door.
 
“Chakkaeman! I didn’t mean it like that!” You ignored Key and continued walking until you met a group of girls on the way down. Noon Force. You hoped they hadn’t noticed who you really were.
 
“Why are you with our SHINee all day?” The girl called Keela asked. You felt a slight sting. Wasn’t she supposed to be liking Eunhyuk? What’s with ‘our SHINee’ all of the sudden?
 
“I work for them. The other assistant manager has a day off.” You said calmly. Far more calm than you felt, the girls looked really angry and threatening.
 
“How dare you speak of Hyun Jong oppa so casually!!” A second girl snapped. You froze in the spot. What could you do now? They all glared at you. You hoped that miraculously someone would drop by that could save you.
 
“You little gank.. You’re sneaking really really close to our precious oppa’s aren’t you?” One of them said, pointing her red nails at you as she stepped closer slowly. You gasped. What were they even talking about.
 
“Please.. I don’t understand what you mean.. It’s just my job to take care of their schedule.”
 
“Oh I’m sure you do that.. You miserable good for nothing..-”
 
“What are you calling my girlfriend?” Jaejoong! The girls looked even more mad with you than before. You rephrased your wish. It shouldn’t have been someone that would make them more mad! The girl in front of you stepped closer and hissed something at you which you couldn’t fully understand but were sure it was really offensive. Taemin had said these things about the Noon Force girls. Jaejoong came closer but the girls stepped inbetween you and him.
 
“You’re also claiming our beautiful Jaejoong oppa?” 
 
“Hey! Who gives you permission to call him that?” A clear voice shouted. You turned around and saw ten girls behind you. IU was standing in front of them with a proud smile on her face.
 
“If it isn’t Taemin’s bunny..” The girl spat. You growled at that.
 
“Don’t call her that! Aren’t you really the one who’s a scared little bunny? You cling to this many idols, are you even faithful to one of them? What about you Keela? Aren’t you supposed to be dating Eunhyuk?! You girls are really selfish.” You spat. It was the Taemin part in you that was forced out. The girl gasped.
 
“Why you little...-”
 
“We’d love to stay and chat, but we have important unfinished business to attend to. Jaejoong, Taemin said you should tag along too. Something about beating you to the punch.” Jaejoong frowned but freed himself the the surrounding girls and followed you. You were quickly hidden inbetween the other nine girls.
 
“Ahnyeong.. Thank you for saving me.” You said shyly to the girl next to you. She smiled.
 
“It was nothing. I’m Sunny.. We’re Girl’s Generation. IU asked us to help out her oppa’s twin. She says you’re a nice person and IU is a nice person herself so I believe her.” You blushed. Did IU really think that about you?
 
“IU is a nice person.. I’m happy that Taemin found her.. Did she tell you?” Sunny nodded and smiled at you.
 
“Ne.. Taemin has a special surprise he said. Ah we’re here! Let’s talk later once you get out arasso? Ask IU for my number.. Or ask Taemin for her number and then ask her for my number. Whatever works.” She smiled and you bowed to her.
 
“Kamsahamnida unnie..” She patted your head softly.
 
“Aigoo.. Be sure to call me!” You nodded and followed IU who gestured you to follow her into a room that looked very much like a backstage room. Jaejoong tagged along behind you and demanded to know what Sunny had said to you. You told him she had just been nice when IU suddenly motioned for you to be silent. There were recordings being done. You noticed a large camera on the stage next to the curtains near you and in front of it Yunho and Yui. Yui looked really nervous. She didn’t see you. Before you could ask what was going on, Yunho started to speak.
 
“Ahnyeonghaseyo! This is DBSK’s Yunho. I speak to every member of Cassiopeia with a confession and a request. The girl beside my is my girlfriend. I know that this is shocking news, but I decided I won’t hide it from you. My request is that you will treat her nicely with respect. If Yui gets hurt, I will get hurt too. You must understand, even if it’s hard to, please try. The feelings I have for this girl are sincere. Please bare with me. I was never this happy in my life. I hope you can all understand and support my happiness.” With that he ended speaking and a man with a microphone approached him and started asking questions. Yunho replied shortly to all of them and Yui never spoke.
 
“Did he just make his relationship public?” You asked. IU nodded.
 
“Ne. This show is called ‘Idol’s confession’. They’ll be done soon.” You noticed Taemin sitting not too far away from you. He smiled, he had been looking at you all along. You tugged Jaejoong’s sleeve and walked up to him with Jaejoong trailing behind you.
 
“Clever game.. Now I’ll have to wait a couple of months.” Jaejoong told him. Taemin shrugged.
 
“It’s mostly about me confessing before you can. I’ll beat you to it hyung. My confession will protect her from yours.” Confession? Was he going to announce that you were his twin sister across the world? Taemin smirked as he guessed your thoughts.
 
“Exactly. I’ve been putting it off for too long. This will bring you into the media’s attention, but it will also protect you when that idiot makes your.. You public.” You nodded. That was clever thinking. With Jaejoong’s current behaviour you weren’t sure how long he would last without somehow ending up in a situation with you in a public place. You worked at the same place. It was for safety measures. You didn’t really get why Jaejoong was glaring at Taemin.
 
“It’s because there can’t be too many confessions in a group at a time. It’s bad for the group’s popularity and makes the fans unstable. Most fans are nice, but there are some that will go mental. The same goes for you. If I announce you as my sister now, which is the best idea to do because it’ll make my fans protect you, Jaejoong will have to wait until you’re less of a ‘hot item’.” Taemin explained as if he knew all that was going on in your head. You felt nervous.
 
“What if your fans don’t like me?” You asked in a quiet voice.
 
“They’ll like you. They don’t have a choice.” Taemin said in a serious tone, “did you notice how Yunho kept emphasising how important she is to him? He does that so the fans will think about his happiness. With family members it’s less tricky than with girlfriends. A family member won’t occupy the idol. So I just have to convince them that you’re my most treasured family member and they’ll accept it. It’s for my happiness.” You nodded. It didn’t sound as reasonable as it should. You felt your knees shake.
 
“Hey best friend.. Don’t give up so easily!” You heard a voice behind you.
 
“Changmin!” You smiled at him but kept a distance to prevent anyone form getting ideas. After all, this was like a gossip show.
 
“Gokjonghajima Ae.” He said, “I believe in you. You’re strong. And if you believe in you, everyone else will too.” You nodded. That sounded a little weird, but if it worked it was fine.
 
“Okay.. I believe in me.” He chuckled.
 
“There you go! Hyung, you should be coming back with us. You don’t want to cause a scandal!” Jaejoong shrugged and put a hand on your shoulder.
 
“Contact me once this is over.. I want to go somewhere more private so I can hold you close.” Taemin shot him a glare.
 
“Stop flirting. Ae we have to get ready.” You nodded and waved at Jaejoong and Changmin before they left. IU gave you thumbs up before you headed towards the stage. You took a deep breath and walked up the stage with Taemin. In front of you were a lot of people.
 
“Ah, here’s our next guest. It’s the unbreakable Taemin. What confession do you have to make? And who’s that girl?” Taemin and you stood next to each other calmly and Taemin started speaking in a more controled and mature manner than you had ever heard from him.
 
“This girl is a very precious girl in my life. Someone who’s been with me since I was born and has supported me since that time. Together we’ve been through the worst and the best bits of our lives until I was chosen as a trainee a few years ago and to my dismay we weren’t able to see each other that often. This girl is my fraternal twin.” The audience started talking to onanother. This was really confusing news. Some of the girls in the crowd were giving you suspicious looks.
 
“I’d like very much to prove to you all that she really is my sister by preforming together with her.” The audience swooned over the idea of him preforming. You gasped at Taemin.
 
“What are you talking about?” You asked in a quiet voice.
 
“My other half. You and me preforming right now.” He said with a smirk. That sneaky guy.. The two of you were given small microphones which fit into your ears also and you took the starting position for the song you had sung before. You knew what was in the preformance. You and Taemin back to back, mirroring eachother before breaking into a synchronic dance. You closed your eyes and waited for the music to start. As soon as the first soft note was heard you raised your right hand, which was the nearest to the audience, in front of you and pretended to touch something. Behind you Taemin was doing the same. Your left hand’s fingers entwined with his and you started singing on cue. For the first time since the whole idol business had started you sang in your own voice. Your true girl voice. Taemin joined in and his deeper voice sounded harmonious along with yours. You both moved apart without looking at eachother before sudenly spinning around and starting dancing synchronically. It earned happy cheers from the crowd and you grew more confident. Your voice sounded stronger along with Taemin’s as you continued to sing and added feeling into the words. ‘My other half.. I’m waiting for you.’
 
“That was really amazing..” The host spoke when you two had finished, “is your sister a trainee Taemin?” Taemin shook his head.
 
“My dongsaeng keeps away from the business. It’s very smart of her.” The audience laughed at that.
 
“Really? I’ve been informed her name is Hyun Ae.. Hyun Ae, have you ever preformed before?” You blushed shyly.
 
“Not really.. Oppa’s the idol, I’m just his supporting twin.” You said, denying the fact that you had preformed. But that was while pretending to be Taemin. That hadn’t been Hyun Ae.
 
“Right, your other half! I found it a really spectacular show and I’m sure everyone agrees with me.” The audience cheered to show they definitely agreed. You looked down.
 
“I guess that’s all.” You said. Taemin took your hand and turned back to the audience.
 
“Everyone, and the fans at home watching. Please watch over my sister. She’s sweet and grown up but still I want to keep her safe. Please protect her on my behalf. I’ll be going on tour soon as you all know, so I need you all to watch over my sister, arasso?” The audience cheered louder. No one was giving you suspicious looks anymore. You both took a bow and you made your way off the stage. ‘I’m so glad that’s over with..’ As soon as you got off the stage someone pounced on you. You noticed it was Yui.
 
“You were so good! I can’t believe you haven’t preformed before! You’re going to get lots and lots of contract offers for sure!” You chuckled and brushed her off.
 
“Aniyoh that won’t happen..” You looked at the other people in the room who were looking at you.
 
“Ahnyeong Hyun Ae, you did really well.” You smiled when you recognized Seunghyun and Jiyong.
 
“Kamsahamnida.. Please call me Ae if you want. Oppa does it and everyone took over his habit..-”
 
“Hyunnie!!!!” You were suddenly interupted by a happy voice that sounded as if it was speeding in your direction.
 
“-.. Except for that guy.” Hyunseung pounced on you and you almost fell under the weight of both Yui and him so you brushed both off.
 
“Ahnyeong.” Taemin said coldly and the boy jumped back.
 
“Don’t hurt me! Hyunnie.. Are you really not going to be a preformer? I’m sure our manager has a contract for you..-” Taemin took a step in his direction and he coward behind Jiyong and Seunghyun.
 
“Don’t say things like that. My sister is going nowhere near any of the smelly labels..” Taemin said. You gasped, realising that your lunch break was over and also that SHINee might, just might have seen Taemin’s confession. ‘That would be really coincidental wouldn’t it? I mean.. They were on a break, there’s so many shows they could see..-’ But what if they knew Taemin was going to be on TV? Your phone buzzed. A text message. You opened it in horror.
 
From: Tae
 
‘Noona you were really great! Everyone likes your singing! Please come back to us soon so we can talk about it arasso? Jonghyun is really enthusiastic. He says he has a plan but I can’t tell you what it is yet!’ Just great, they had seen it.
 
Author's note: I'm going on hiatus in a few more days! The next update is probably the last one I will do before going on hiatus. I thank all of you for supporting me thus far and am proud to tell you that I have reached over 270 pages and am drawing close to the end. But it's not over just yet :P