Chapter 67

Are you drunk?

 

 
You smiled as you skipped over some boxes and turned around the corner. You stopped running abruptly when you saw Jaejoong around the corner, talking to a girl. It hurt you a little to see that he was holding her hand, softly it, but it hurt more to see that it was Lin. The girl that tried to cheat on him and broke his heart. You turned around and walked back. It didn’t matter you told yourself.
 
“Taemin! I’ll get you.. Wait, you have a different shirt.. You’re the other one.” You glared at Jiyong, you didn’t like being referred to as ‘the other one’.
 
“Yah! How can you say that! She’s really different from Taemin!” Changmin yelled from behind Jiyong. Jiyong glanced at you.
 
“A girl?” Your jaw dropped, but you quickly closed it. Changmin’s face made a funny mix of being absolutely flabbergasted and trying not to erupt in laughter.
 
“Taemin said he told you about his dongsaeng.” You said stiffly, not sure what to say, “I’m really a girl.” Jiyong observed you closely, then his jaw dropped and he hit his forehead.
 
“I’m so stupid.. Not only can’t I tell Taemin apart from his twin, I couldn’t even tell his twin was a girl.. So much for a good friend.” He muttered, clearly embarrassed. Changmin shrugged and swung an arm around your shoulders.
 
“Gokjonghajima, it takes a while. She was able to trick me too. But not anymore. I can recognize you anywhere Ae.” You chuckled.
 
“I know.. It’s kind of weird.. I think you’re the only one that can tell me apart.” You sighed, feeling somewhat sad about it. Jiyong grabbed your hand that wasn’t between you and Changmin and gave you a solemn look.
 
“I promise I’ll practice hard, so that one day I’ll be able to tell you apart too.” You blinked at the suddenserious look on his face, but then smiled.
 
“Kamsahamnida.. But for now I’m going back to being a guy, even if I’m not Taemin, I don’t want to be molested by fangirls for being near you.” You said while putting Changmin’s cap that he was wearing on your head.
 
“Couldn’t you bring your own?” He said in a pouty voice, “use this, you still look like Taemin.” He gave you a rubber band to tie your hair up with. You pulled your hair into a ponytail and pulled the cap over your face.
 
“You look really different now, but still alike him. He used to have short hair before..”
 
“Omg! Who’s that with Changmin and Jiyong?!” You shortly glanced at the girls squeeling at you. You put your hands in your pockets and sighed.
 
“Taemin doesn’t want to cut his hair short. He wants us to look this much alike.” You said calmly ignoring the girls who had somehow gotten passed security. They ran towards you and held out t-shirts and permanent markers.
 
“Oppa’s, please sign them!” They begged Changmin and Jiyong. They shrugged and signed. The smaller girl looked at you, she could see under your cap. Oh dear.
 
“Taemin-oppa? Ah he looks so hot!” She squeeled. You managed not to cough.
 
“Oppa, is it true that you and IU are dating? That sneaky little..-” You glared at the girl who was about to rant about IU. Even if Taemin and her weren’t dating, she was nice and didn’t deserve that!
 
“What if we are? Can’t I be with the one I like? Please don’t say such things without giving thought to them. I will have a press conference soon and then we’ll make an official statement. Before that I can’t give you any information because you might interpretate it in a bad way.” You said coldly. You then noticed Taemin around the corner. Worst timing ever.
 
“I didn’t mean to yell at you, I’ve had to say this kind of things all day. Mianhae.” You said, slightly bowing to the girls. They blushed. It felt awkward.
 
“Oppa, we’re sorry too! Would you please sign the shirt too?” You bit your tongue and wrote ‘Taemin’ in western letters. Taemin had told you at some point that it was his autograph. The girls squeeled happily and ran away when they saw another idol. You quickly pulled Taemin along with you and run for it.
 
“Did you just sign in my place?” Taemin asked, raising his eyebrows at you.
 
“Did you just play a prank on me?” Jiyong said in the same voice, but directed towards Taemin, “you didn’t even tell me your twin was a girl..” Taemin gulped. You giggled, you hadn’t seen him anywhere near nervous.
 
“Yeah.. About that.. I’m going to run now!”
 
“No you don’t!” Jiyong grabbed his collar and pulled him back, “why didn’t you tell me? I thought we were friends!” Taemin smirked.
 
“Be glad, you’re the only one I actually told I have a twin.. I can’t let any boy near her..” You shook your head. He was being overprotective again.
 
“It’s not that bad oppa! Stop being so overprotective!” You told him. He shrugged.
 
“I’m not being overprotective. Update me on today will you?” He said, conviniently walking between Jiyong and you. Changmin snickered at it as you recollected the day.
 
“You practised dancing and people ooh-ed and aah-ed. Then IU came by and noticed it wasn’t you. I pulled her along and asked her to keep it a secret, which she did. Since then people ask whether or not you two are dating and I said you’ll state it in an official press conference. And she likes you so hurry up and confess to her already.” You said. Taemin blushed, it was new for you and you smirked.
 
“How cute.. My baby brother is in love..”
 
“I’m the older one!” He said quickly, trying to deny your accusation by ignoring it. It backfired on him as Jiyong caught on and put his arm around his neck.
 
“Really? My buddy is in love with IU? Isn’t she a little too.. Nice for you?”
 
“Yah! Don’t say things about her you..- Just go home already.” Jiyong laughed.
 
“You really like her! Hurry up and confess before someone else takes her!” Jiyong said.
 
“Or before I force you into it.” You said, smiling calmly. Changmin put an arm around your shoulders.
 
“I see you’re catching up on the evil of the maknae? Let’s practice.. I think I see IU..” Taemin pushed Jiyong’s arm away and ran towards IU who had just turned around the corner and dragged her away.
 
“That went well.” Changmin said after a few seconds of silence. Jiyong and you nodded.
 
“Changmin! There you are! We have practice! Why weren’t you there?” You heard a too familiar voice shout. You punched Jiyong softly.
 
“Pretend I’m Taemin will you?” You said in a low tone, “if you’re practicing with him I’m leaving Changmin.” You managed to copy Taemin’s voice perfectly. Changmin nodded.
 
“Fine.. Tell Ae to call me.” He said in a teasing voice.
 
“My dongsaeng isn’t calling anyone!” You growled at him. He winked at you since Jaejoong couldn’t see it, then turned around and left with Jaejoong who didn’t bother to greet you.
 
“What was that about?” Jiyong asked after a short time of just standing there in silence. You coughed slightly and then walked towards one of the studio’s.
 
“It was.. I don’t really feel like explaining..” You said softly, trying to ignore the feeling inside your stomache. Jiyong was someone you only just met. You couldn’t bother him with it.
 
“You’re like Taemin.. He never talks about his problems either.. I understand if it’s awkward since you just met me, but you can tell me if you want. I have enough experience with people talking about me not to talk about you.” You shrugged and entered a studio. He followed behind you. You sat down against the wall and rested your hands on your knees.
 
“Do you like him? Jaejoong?” You blinked, glancing at Jiyong. How did he guess that?
 
“I’m not sure.. Jaejoong said he liked me. But he couldn’t tell me apart form Taemin. He said he was serious but I just saw him talking gently to his old girlfriend who tried to cheat on him. With me pretending to be Taemin. It was awkward..” You coughed as Jiyong laughed.
 
“Right.. That must be a real bother for you. All those girls thinking you’re him..” You shook your head.
 
“I can handle it.” You said.
 
“But?” You glanced at him and he smirked, “this is the point where there’s a but. There’s something you can’t handle. It’s not related to Jaejoong..” You shook your head.
 
“Not really.. Did you watch TV last night?” Jiyong shook his head.
 
“Nope.. I was busy and there was a soppy dating show on.” You laughed at his face as he described it. He looked as if he was trying not to choke on the word.
 
“Me neither.. Changmin kept me distracted all night. It was a good thing though.. That show, IU told me, contained Eunhyuk kissing one of the Noon Force members..-”
 
“You don’t have to get into details with me..” You smirked at his disgust.
 
“I know. Eunhyuk and his girlfriend had to break up so he could star on that show. Or rather, his girlfriend had to break up with him. And then had to watch him cuddle with his precious Keela during variety shows.” Jiyong’s eyes widened and he put a hand on your shoulder.
 
“That means.. You were the one..” You shook your head.
 
“That’s saying it wrong. I was never ‘the one’. Eunhyuk couldn’t recognize me either.. Even if he said he liked me, I’m still exctly the same as Taemin.” Jiyong bit his lip.
 
“I’m going to punch him.” You grabbed his wrist before he could get up.
 
“Hajima.” He sighed and sat back down.
 
“Mianhae.. I won’t make you uncomfortable again..” You nodded thankfully and you were both silent for a while before he spoke again. His voice was totally different and it was obvious he was trying to change the subject.
 
“So.. Taemin released a new album.. He’s going on tour again. We used to practice together! In the early days we even preformed together.. Now he ditched me to go solo.” He whined. You chuckled.
 
“He’s ditching me too you know?” You said, but not as unhappy as you’d been before. He gasped, it looked really weird so you guessed he was faking it.
 
“How evil of him! He should be punished!” You smiled softly.
 
“I guess..” Jiyong softly punched your shoulder.
 
“We’ll get back to him.. Would it be okay for me..” You couldn’t make out the last bit of his sentence.
 
“What did you say?” You asked, leaning closer. He poked your cheek.
 
“Nothing.. Maybe you should consider liking Changmin as he seems to tell you apart from Taemin effortlessly.” You blinked. That was absolutely ridiculous. Changmin didn’t like you, you were best friends. And you didn’t like him. Right? It hurt your head. You couldn’t think of him in that way.
 
“Yah! That’s too awkward! Changmin and I are friends.. I can’t think of him that way.” You said shortly. Jiyong chuckled.
 
“Alright.. Let’s take a picture together. Me and you. I used to do that with Taemin, but that was before he started disliking photo shoots with great intensity.” You laughed.
 
“I don’t like them either.. Stupid unnie’s with their make up..” He smirked.
 
“I won’t put make up on you, it’s a promise.” You smiled.
 
“No flash?”
 
“No flash!” You nodded and he pulled you along. You picked up the jacket you had borrowed from Taemin and you sneaked out of the building together to find a photo booth. Not too far away you found one. You didn’t really do any weird poses, but just stood next to eachother, arms swung around eachother’s shoulders. You casually made a peace sign with your free hand and smiled carelessly. You made a pouty face on one of the photo’s but the rest turned out normal. Jiyong folded the pictures until a neat line appeared. He then tore the series into two parts, neatly across the line. He gave you one part. It contained two photo’s, the normal ones.
 
“I’m keeping this.” He said laughing while holding up the photo on which you had apparently both made a pouty face and one normal photo. You smiled.
 
“Sure, I’m going to keep this safe somewhere so Taemin won’t try to kill you.” You said. He smirked.
 
“Is he really as bad as you all imply?” You nodded.
 
“In that case.. Let’s hang out while he’s gone. It’ll be payback.. I’m going to text him every day.” Jiyong said, an evil smile forming on his face. You laughed and nodded.
 
 
Author's note: I haven't recieved a really good result from my poll, but this was a slight Jiyong/Ae moment since he's taking the lead :P (he has 5 votes) Thank you everyone who voted!