Chapter 80

Are you drunk?

 

 
You stared at your feet. This was embarrassing. Junsu smirked proudly.
 
“I’ve provenmy point. But she’s still mine for the rest of the afternoon, bye hyung!” He grabbed you hand and dragged you off. You quietly followed behind him, it felt too awkward to be around Jaejoong now.
 
“Junsu.. If you hurt her I’ll hunt you down and kill you.” Jaejoong said calmly. Junsu smiled.
 
“I know.. Come on Ae, I have a game that you’ll like! It’s called Star Racers and it’s just out so Taemin doesn’t even have it yet!” You smirked. A new game? More interesting, a new racing game!
 
“Show me!” You cheered. He pushed open a door to what you supposed was his room and found an unbelievable mess inside. But also a brand new video game system and a large tv screen placed in front of his bed at the same height. Junsu closed the door behind you.
 
“I have to do that, or it’ll get cold in here and the others will kill me. They don’t really like the sounds..” You smirked.
 
“Is that because you’ve been playing late at night?” He vaguely nodded. You sat down on the bed and took a controller. Usually you would have been more shy, but you really wanted to try the video game. Junsu jumped on the bed next to you and took a second controller.
 
“Game start.” The computer said. The game was really cool. Apart from a racing game, there was also a story line which included saving a planet. The graphics were very detailed and the scenery was very well done. It was a little dark but very realistic too.
 
“It’s cool.” You muttered.
 
“I know right?! Let’s copilot, you get to drive. I’ll throw bombs at the bypassing cars.. Get the red star! And another white one!” You obeyed as he switched cars and ended up in the back of your car. Te stars you gathered turned out to be materials you could use to make bombs, traps and any kind of racing tool you might need.
 
“This is so cool, look!” He tossed the bomb outside and it formed a wormhole. You smiled as you saw two other racers get in.
 
“That’s really cool!” You said happily and continued gathering stars. You played the game for some hours together and you saw what Junsu found as addicting about the game. It seemed as if little time passed by while you were playing because of the story line. It turned out there were also levels in which you didn’t race but just ran from problems while trying to collect items.
 
“I love this game, but I’m also hungry.. Let’s go eat arasso?” Junsu said. You nodded and put the controller down. The room suddenly seemed a lot darker.
 
“Ah, is it already this late?” You muttered. Junsu checked his watch.
 
“Yah. We were in here for four hours straight.. Let’s go out and play soccer after dinner!” You laughed uneasily. Didn’t he remember how well that went the last time you tried? You stretched you back and followed him outside.
 
“You two were in there for fours hours straight?” You looked at Yunho and felt slightly embarrassed, “I expected more from you Ae..” You coughed nervously.
 
“Does that really matter? At least she’s here now.” Changmin said, brushing past Yunho, “and he made her promise to do whatever he wanted this afternoon so blame him!” You smiled at him. Junsu blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his neck.
 
“If you say it like that, it’s my fault.. So what’s for dinner?” Yunho shrugged.
 
“Ask Jaejoong.. I’m not staying here for dinner.” You smiled.
 
“Got a date?” Much to your surprise, he didn’t even try to hide it but just nodded. Junsu coughed.
 
“It’s too sappy for me.. Soccer! Let’s play soccer!” You chuckled.
 
“You were hungry, remember?” You asked. He nodded and barged into the kitchen. Yunho looked at you.
 
“I heard about Junsu’s experiment.. So when are you going to tell him?” You blinked. How did he figure that out? Must be his appa power. You shrugged.
 
“I don’t know that.. When do you think is the best time?” Yunho smiled.
 
“Like I told Yui.. The best time is now. Ae, I leave my hyung in your hands and I trust you’ll take care of him since he can be really immature and a whiny brat.. But if you still love him through that, I know that I can entrust him to you. Should he ever hurt you, don’t hesitate to come to me and I’ll whack his head for you.” You smiled softly.
 
“You’re pretty good at making a scene too Yunho..” He nodded.
 
“That’s why I’m your appa. Now go talk to him.” You nodded and walked passed him into the living room. Jaejoong was sitting on the couch, reading a book which you thought was about cooking since it said ‘101 recipies for cold winter nights’ on it. He looked up when he heard you approach. Seeing his beautiful face made you feel really happy and really nervous at the same time.
 
“Is there anything you need?” He asked calmly. You nodded slightly.
 
“I have something to tell you..” You muttered. He got up and took your hand.
 
“Gwenchana? You’re not hurt are you?” You shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. It’s.. Jaejoong, I like you..” The words passed your lips in a whisper. He smiled softly.
 
“What did you say?” He asked calmly. You blushed.
 
“I said that I like you..” 
 
“Again?” You bit your tongue.
 
“Oppa, I said that I like you..” He pulled you into a tight hug.
 
“Mianhae.. I just had to see if I heard correctly..” He whispered in your ear, “and I wanted to hear you say it again.. You made me the happiest person on earth..” You blushed and hid your face in his jacket until he let up and put his hands on your shoulders.
 
“Ae, will you be my girlfriend?” You nodded, unable to speak a word. He smiled and you felt goosebumps on your back. You guessed you should thank Junsu.
 
“Now I have to find a way to convince Taemin.. I don’t know how I’ll do that, but it’s okay.. I have you.” He pulled you in another equally tight hug, “would you like to pick a recipy? I have to try something.. But you have to like it of course..” You nodded. He pulled you along, not bothering to let you leave his arms as he made his way back to the couch to pick up the recipy book.
 
“I like this, it has cinnamon in it.” Jaejoong said, pointing at the one he had been reading. It looked nice. You nodded.
 
“I would like to try that..” He smiled.
 
“I thought you might like it.. Kiss?” You blushed slightly when he softly pecked your lips, “you’re going to have to get used to that..” You nodded and thought of something.
 
“I don’t have to wear a shirt that says ‘go away I have a boyfriend’ right?” Jaejoong frowned slightly.
 
“It was originally going to say ‘Jaejoong’s my boyfriend so back off’ but that’s nice too..” You laughed softly and shook your head.
 
“Aniyoh.. Taemin would be upset..” Jaejoong shrugged.
 
“I don’t mind.. I can handle him. Yunho mentioned you were going to shop with Yui Sunday?” You nodded.
 
“I’m still working as a boy so I need more boy clothes that don’t look as if they could possibly belong to Taemin. I don’t want to be discovered.” He pouted slightly.
 
“Too bad.. I really wish you were able to dress cutely, but on the other hand I don’t want others to like you. Can I come along? Just because you have to be a guy doesn’t mean you can’t be cute.” You laughed. These kind of conversations were new to you, but they were nice. This somehow seemed more real than being with Eunhyuk. It wasn’t even comparable.
 
“What are you thinking about?” Jaejoong asked, ruffling your hair.
 
“This.. Is nicer than being with Eunhyuk.. That doesn’t even compare..” Jaejoong smiled and kissed your forehead.
 
“I agree with you. Time to kick Junsu out of the kitchen before he burns something.. You’d be surprised to see what a mess he can make in a few minutes.” He smirked and led you back to the kitchen that had turned into a mess in the few minutes since you’d last seen it.
 
“I’ll help you clean up..” You muttered, picking the leftovers of Junsu from the table. Jaejoong patted your head.
 
“Kamsahamnida.. I’m going to get a mob. I don’t know what that stain is and I don’t really want to know.” You nodded and threw the leftover food away. After cleaning up you washed your hands quickly. You didn’t know what Junsu had been eating, but just like Jaejoong you didn’t want to find out.
 
“I didn’t know we’d need this many pots.. Careful..” Jaejoong took your hand before it could touch one of the pots. You blushed slightly.
 
“Kamsahamnida..” You muttered.
 
“That smells nice.. What are you two making?” Changmin asked, leaning against the doorpost.
 
“It’s on the table.” Jaejoong muttered turning his attention back to cooking.
 
“So Ae, I heard Taemin wasn’t going to be home tonight.. Are you staying here?” You blinked and stopped cutting the cabbage.
 
“How do you even know that? And even if he’s not home, out house is across the street.. There really is no neccesity for me to say here.” You stated.
 
“What about me than?” Jaejoong asked, wrapping his arms around you. You shivered when you felt his warmth behind you.
 
“I.. There’s not enough room here anyway..” You muttered. Jaejoong rested his chin on your head.
 
“In that case I’ll just have to follow you..” You blushed and stared at the ground, “you’re really not getting rid of me so easily Ae..” Changmin coughed.
 
“Ahem.. I’m still here you know? So are you staying or do I need to barricade Taemin’s house? And hide your phone?” You coughed.
 
“Please don’t do that. Then will you just let me get my things this time?” You emphasised this time and Changmin laughed nervously.
 
“But who says you’re not going to lock us out? You would probably be capable of convincing Yunho to help you with that..” 
 
“I do.. I’ll go with her.” Jaejoong said calmly, “I still have to prove to you that I’m the best boyfriend in the world.” He whispered in your ear. You shivered slightly.
 
“That’s really okay.. And I don’t think I can convince Yunho since he will be on Yui’s side. And she’s probably looking forward to torturing me.. I should call her..” 
 
“Yah! Why are you calling her? You’re not calling me! Who’s your best friend here?!” Changmin complained loudly. This earned him a glare from both Jaejoong and you.
 
“Because you’re present. You already know that..” You fell silent.
 
“Say it..” Jaejoong said in a near teasing voice.
 
“That Jaejoong and I are.. Together..” You mumbled. Changmin nodded.
 
“I knew that.. I knew it before Yui did.. So I really am your best friend!! I’m happy now! Arasso, call your second best friend,” he emphasised that bit, “and tell her the good news.. It’s good to see that the tension between the two of you is finally gone..” He noted. You nodded and struggled out of Jaejoong’s grip to dial Yui’s number. You doubted for a second because she was with Yunho, but you were sure she wouldn’t forgive you if you waited a second longer.
 
“Yoboseyo?”
 
“Yobseyo Ae.. Gwenchana? Why are you calling?” She was definitely not happy that you had called during her date with Yunho. You swallowed.
 
“Yui.. Me and Jaejoong are.. Together.. Just thought I should tell..-”
 
“Jinja?! That’s amazing!! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!” You smiled softly. That was very much like Yui.
 
“It happened only,” you glanced at the clock, “fifteen minutes ago..”
 
“Then you should have called fifteen minutes ago! Yunho, did you hear?!” Yui’s excited voice made room for Yunho’s mature calm voice.
 
“Well done Ae.. Congratulations to both of you..”
 
“Hey you sound like you knew about this!” Yui shouted at him. She wasn’t really mad you guessed, but a little upset still.
 
“I have to go now, ahnyeong Ae. Say hi and congratulations to hyung for me.” With that the phone call ended. You put your phone away and noticed Jaejoong and Changmin staring at you.
 
“How can I help you?” You asked in an unsure voice, “Jaejoong, Yunho and Yui say congratulations..” Jaejoong smiled and brushed a few strands of hair out of your face.
 
“That’s helpful enough.. Let’s go get your things.” You nodded and after turning down the fire so the food wouldn’t burn you left it in the hands of Changmin and walked outside.
 
“Ae?” You turned to Jaejoong, “hold my hand?” You nodded softly and entwined your fingers with his.
 
“We only have to ge across the street.” You mumbled.
 
“I don’t care.. If I have a chance to show the world that you’re my girlfriend then I will take that chance. I didn’t get that T-shirt printed yet.. Would you like it purple?” You raised an eyebrow.
 
“Are you serious? I don’t honestly believe that people will believe a T-shirt.” He shrugged.
 
“I believe it. Maybe I should sign it. I don’t want another Eunhyuk to snatch you away from me.. Promise me you won’t like him anymore!” You laughed softly.
 
“I can’t promise that..  But I do like you more than him. A lot more.” You said. He smiled softly.
 
“I’m happy about that..” He pouted slightly when you let go of his hand to unlock the door but stopped it after you entered the house and followed behind you.
 
Author's note: Chapter 80 ^^ I'm a proud author :)