Chapter 36

Are you drunk?

 

Your eyes were focused, that stupid computer couldn’t beat you! You quickly accelerated your car and passed the finish line. You smiled contendly, that should teach that computer! You looked at the clock, it was half past seven already. You sighed and leaned back on the couch. It was a bit boring being alone here. You knew you missed Taemin and DBSK just hanging around. Even Jaejoong, though you couldn’t admit it. Then the doorbell rang, disrupting your thoughts. You quickly got up and opened the door.
 
“Noona ahnyeong!” Little Taemin cheered before hugging you. You once again wondered if he’d really been raised by the rest of SHINee. It started sounding more plausable. You took little Taemin inside and closed the door.
 
“Ahnyeong Taemin-ah.” You smiled, “I hope you didn’t find it too hard to reach here?” He seemed to think very shortly, but then smiled brightly.
 
“Not at all! I was just followed by Key-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung. They’re so nosy.. So I had to lose them somewhere!” He said without any sign of regret. You laughed softly.
 
“It would have been okay if they came too.” You said, “but.. Oppa didn’t agree to it did he?” Little Taemin shook his head and you walked into the living room.
 
“Games!” He squeeled happily. You chuckled and let him play with the game for a while, while you went to the kitchen to get him some tea and some cookies, it seemed like a good choice to you. When you came back he pouted at you.
 
“Noona, why did you leave me alone?” He asked, jokingly, you held out the plate with tea and cookies for him, and on his face grew a large smile.
 
“You are forgiven!” He said, and you put it on the low table in front of the couch. Then you sat down on the edge of the couch, with your legs crossed, facing him. He seemed happy about something.
 
“Noona, you’re still wearing Key-hyung’s jacket! Do you like it so much?” You looked at the jacket and smiled. It was warm, a bit like Key himself. You felt happy when you remembered what he’d said to you.
 
“He said I could return it later..” You told him, “how was the filming?” He moved a little closer to you, his eyes were sparkling happily.
 
“We had a lot of fun! I was really happy we could do it like that! Thank you noona!” You smiled softly.
 
“It was mostly your doings.. So, what do you want to do now?” You asked, and he smiled.
 
“Hug me!” He was so cute, you couldn’t reject it. You hugged him softly and he rubbed his left cheek against yours. ‘Aigyoo..’ You sat like this for a while, and you started to wonder what else you could do. Finally he sat up.
 
“Noona, let’s watch a movie, my hands are tired..” You smiled, and pointed him the closet with movies. You let him pick the movie, you knew your oppa only had a few kind of movies, and as long as it wasn’t a horror movie, you would be fine. He picked ‘A tale of two sisters’. You smiled even though it was to scary for you, it was one of oppa’s favourite movies. They had more in common than they knew. When you started it, he sipped his tea.
 
“Noona, do you know this movie?” He asked, and you nodded.
 
“Ne, this is oppa’s favourite.” He smiled as you sat down next to him.
 
“That’s cool! I like it too.. Are you going to drink tea too?” You smiled, this boy was really kind. You nodded, and told him you’d go to the kitchen to make some more tea. When you came back in the living room the light was turned off, and the screen was bright, showing the start of the movie.
 
“Do you like it noona? I thought it would be more like a cinema like this.” Little Taemin said from the couch, you orientated your way there and put the tea on the table.
 
“It’s very considerate of you Taemin-ah.” You said, and he took your hand.
 
“Come sit down noona!” You smiled, though he couldn’t really see it, and sat down next to him. Somewhere you hoped that Changmin would call you before it got really scary. He didn’t. Soon you were crawled up in a ball next to little Taemin who appeared to be unaffected by the film. You almost jumped after a scary moment and hid your face in his shoulder. He turned to face you and smiled.
 
“Noona, if you’re scared, you can hold onto me. I’ll protect you!” 
 
“Komawo (thank you).” You whispered, and put your head against his shoulder. He put his arm around you and winked at you jokingly.
 
“It’s only a movie silly.” He said, “we can watch something else if you want?” You shook your head.
 
“No.. That’s okay.” He smiled and went back to watching the movie. Luckily, a little while later your phone rang. You excused yourself and ran to the kitchen.
 
“Yoboseyo?” You said, your voice was shaking.
 
“Hyun Ae? Gwenchana?” Changmin asked on the other side of the phone. There was loud music and you heard people screaming. 
 
“I’m not too bad.. I was just watching a scary movie..” You said, for some reason it sounded like a bad plan to tell him little Taemin was here.
 
“Noona, are you okay?” You nearly jumped, he’d followed you to the kitchen, and was looking at you with his head slightly tilted, “you look pale noona.”
 
“Who is that?” Changmin said teasingly on the other side of the phone.
 
“It’s Taemin, and I’m fine..” You said, hoping that Jaejoong wouldn’t find out. But Changmin would be smart enough not to tell him, right?
 
“Ah, he’s with you.. Oh well, I suppose I won’t have to worry then. But, take care, the kid’s only three years younger than you.” You felt like hitting him, but since he was on the phone you just answered him cheerfully.
 
“Yup, but don’t worry about me. Just enjoy yourselves..” You heard some sounds on the other side of the phone, and then a chilly voice spoke to you.
 
“So you’re with that boy again?” You looked at little Taemin, he had heard it, since the movie was silent for a while. He softly walked closer, while smiling innocently.
 
“Well, oppa’s fine with that..  And..-” Little Taemin grabbed your phone and motioned for you to be quiet, you gulped. This was a bad idea..
 
“Ahnyeong stranger, please don’t call noona again arasso?” He said cheerfully and ended the call. He smiled and gave you the phone back. You stared at him breathlessly. He sure had some guts.
 
“Noona, do want to play a game with me instead of the film? I thought it was scaring you.” You smiled gratefully and agreed with him. You went back to the living room and played a karaoke game that featured oppa’s songs. He had too much self esteem. You had a lot of fun until the doorbell rung. You froze, somewhere you were sure you were in deep trouble.
 
“I’m going to get that..” You said, and little Taemin paused the game. He followed you, which you really didn’t want. This would only  cause you more trouble, but he said since he’d caused the trouble he wouldn’t let you suffer on your own. You took a deep breath and opened the door.
 
“Ahnyeong.” You smiled relieved that it was Changmin, and hugged him.
 
“Ahnyeong, when I heard Jaejoong talk I knew it was time to visit. I don’t know what he’s planning, but you should be careful.” He directed the last bit towards little Taemin, “but you have some guts to talk like that to Jaejoong. Nobody ever does it.” He let you go and playfully punched little Taemin’s shoulder.
 
“Sounds like a spoilt brat to me.” He said, and you chuckled. You thought about Jaejoong. Really spoilt, that seemed a little like him. But he wasn’t all bad, right? You went back to the living room.
 
“Would you like some tea?” You asked Changmin, he shook his head.
 
“I’m fine, I’m just here to make sure Jaejoong doesn’t go crazy.” You felt a little scared at that, but it was idiot’s talk. You had a really uneasy feeling in your stomache, and watched little Taemin and Changmin compete in the game. Time seemed to crawl by, and with every moment you got more nervous. You went to heat up some food for Changmin and little Taemin, and after you’d given it to them, you went to your room. You spend some time looking at an old picture of you and Taemin. Time seemed to speed up.
 
“Noona, are you feeling ill?” You heard outside the door.
 
“Ne.. I’m just a little tired is all.” The door opened and a guilty looking little Taemin stepped through.
 
“Noona, is it because of that scary movie? Mianhae, I didn’t want you to feel bad.” You smiled and stopped yourself from ruffling his hair, not for the first time that evening.
 
“It’s fine.. I’m just a little scared of Jaejoong’s reaction.” You said thruthfully.
 
“Ah, the spoilt brat. Well don’t be. He needed a lesson noona, you’re not his possesion, and he shouldn’t act like you are.” You blinked at those words. Jaejoong hadn’t done that, right? He was just really trying to please oppa, you told yourself. ‘But then why does he make such a big deal of it when oppa’s okay with it?’ A nagging voice in your head said. You shook your head and little Taemin gave you a weird look.
 
“Noona, what are you doing?” He asked in a childish voice.
 
“Trying to get rid of nasty thoughts. Jaejoong is a pabo.” The boy smiled and sat down in front of you on the ground.
 
“Then think of something else. It works for me. Do you like Changmin-hyung?” You blinked.
 
“Changmin? We’re just friends.. It would be really weird, liking him I mean.” Little Taemin smiled.
 
“Noona, visit our dorm later okay? I should go home, Key-hyung is nagging me, I ignored it but he sent me twenty text messages.” He showed you his phone and you felt sorry for him. It seemed a little like the way oppa used to treat you in high school. Every class you didn’t have together he’d text you, and sometimes get out of class to see how you were doing.
 
“Can I send him a text message?” You asked, he nodded and tossed his phone at you. After you clumsily caught it you sent Key a message explaining where little Taemin had been, and what you had been doing, and that he shouldn’t be as concerned because you wouldn’t let anything bad happen to him. After sending it you tossed the phone back to little Taemin.
 
“He should leave you alone now.” You smiled, and he chuckled.
 
“Thank you noona, let’s go play some more now okay?” You nodded and walked back to the living room, where you started a dancing game. The same on you had used for practicing when you were pretending to be Taemin. Of course, you beat them both in the game, and this amused Changmin very much. Suddenly you heard the door open, you thought it was oppa so you called out to him.
 
“Ahnyeong oppa, I left some food in the kitchen.” Then he turned around the corner. It wasn’t oppa. It was Jaejoong, he looked angry, but he was also smirking. ‘I’m in so much trouble..’ You thought.