Chapter 92

Are you drunk?

 

 
"Why were you kissing him?" You stopped and turned to face Jaejoong. He looked really angry and hurt.  
 
"I wasn't.. He kissed me and I told him to stop." Jaejoong's eyes narrowed.
 
"Really? Do you think I'd fall for that? You could have hit him or at least try to struggle! I don't even care anymore!" He growled and you looked down.
 
"Oppa it's really not like that." You whispered, your voice was getting shaky but you managed to stop the tears.
 
"I don't care what you have to say. If you want to cry then just cry.. I'm so stupid for believing you. I wish you and Eunhyuk had never broken up so I wouldn't have to be with you!" Your head hurt and you cringed in pain and sorrow.
 
"Stop it.." You looked up and noticed Eunhyuk behind you. He dropped a jacket over your shoulders and took a step closer to Jaejoong.
 
"What are you doing here?" Jaejoong sneered.
 
"What am I doing?" Eunhyuk's eyes narrowed and he took a threathening step closer, "what am I doing? What the hell do you think you're doing you idiot! How can you say something that idiotic! Ae isn't a person who would lie!"
 
"Did you even see it? This is none of your business anyway! Just leave loser." Jaejoong's voice was cold and he stared at Eunhyuk with a contempt look in his eyes. Eunhyuk growled and seemed ready to attack Jaejoong on the spot but somehow maintaned his calm.
 
"For your information, I saw Ae struggle and suffer.. Even if I'm a loser, you're the one who's not helping her suffering! That makes you even worse than a loser. I can not respect you as a hyung if you hurt her like this."
 
"Then why don't you take her back? Isn't that what you want?" You felt unable to breathe for a moment.
 
"Only a bastard like yourself could think of yourself before thinking of someone this important." Jaejoong snapped and lunged at Eunhyuk to hit him. Your body moved on it's own as you jumped inbetween them. The pain that you had been feeling was nothing compared to this. But even this pain was nothing compared to being hit by him. 'Mianhae Jaejoong.. I wish I never hurt you..' You thought before dropping on the ground. Before your knees touched the ground the world had already turned black.
 
 
 
"Ae.. Are you awake?" You blinked and opened your eyes. The room around you was white and next to the bed you noticed someone sitting. He was holding your hand. You smiled softly.
 
"I'm awake oppa.. Where am I? What's going on?" You asked, observing his face closely. You never wanted to lose the memory of this moment. He smiled sadly at you and let go of your hand. You pulled your hand back slowly.
 
"You're in the hospital.. Jaejoong is really sorry about what happened." You blinked.
 
"What exactly is he sorry about?" You asked while sitting up. Your head stung and he immediately pushed you down.
 
"What do you mean? Don't you remember?" You shook your head.
 
"Aniyoh.. Was it because he ruined our first date? It's okay because oppa forgave him.." You whispered softly. Eunhyuk gripped your hand and gave you a worried look.
 
"Our first date? Ae, what day do you think it is?" You closed your eyes and thought about it. Your head hurted but you were sure the last thing you remembered was a text message you recieved from Eunhyuk.
 
"Mollayo.. I guess, tenth of October?" He blinked.
 
"Aniyoh Ae.. It's already December.. the tenth of October.." He bit his lip, "that day..-" 'It's already December? How can that be?'
 
"I see you woke up Han-shi.. You gave us quite a scare. You haven't been resting properly and now this injury has caused you a heavy concussion. Tempory memory loss isn't unusual but of course it must be a little inconvenient for you and your boyfriend." You shook  your head and held Eunhyuk's hand a little closer.
 
"Gwenchana.. If it's really important it'll come back to me." You said. If anything happened, it would, right? It wasn't like anything big  could have changed in such short time.
 
"Doctor, what should I do?" Eunhyuk asked, he seemed a little uneasy. The doctor sighed.
 
"For now, it'll hurt her too much to expose her to her memories yet. They'll come back sooner or later. For now keep things as she remembers them. Don't try to confuse her too much." Eunhyuk nodded.
 
"I understand.." He glanced at you with sadness in his eyes.
 
"Oppa gwenchana?" You asked, "you look so tired.." He nodded.
 
"I'm good as long as you remember me." He tucked some strands of hair behind your ear. You smiled when his fingers touched your cheeks.
 
"Oppa, gomawo." He blinked.
 
"For what?"
 
"Sticking with me." He smiled.
 
"Ae.. How could I not stick to you when you're this sweet cute and adorable? Ae, have you remembered that I love your smile?" You nodded.
 
"I have. My smiles are specially for you oppa." He chuckled at that.
 
"Does that mean you're going to claim all my smiles too?" 
 
"Ani.. I couldn't do that to oppa's fans." 
 
"It's fine.. I'll give you all of my smiles and it still wouldn't be enough. You're worth all the smiles in the world."
 
"Oppa, I'm happy you're here." He softly squeezed your hand as he sat down next to you.
 
"I'm not happy to be here. I can't stand it to see you fragile and injured. But I'm happy to be with you. Really happy. Even worse than seeing you injured is being away from you. It's too painful for me." You smiled as your cheeks warmed up.
 
"Oppa, everything you say is so nice that it makes me blush.. It's embarrassing.." Eunhyuk leaned close to you and caressed your forehead.
 
"It's worth it if it makes you happy. I'd give anything for that to happen." Your chest warmed up and you felt the funny feeling that felt like butterflies swarming around. The door suddenly opened and you saw Taemin in the door. Eunhyuk quickly sat up straight.
 
"Ahnyeong oppa." You muttered. Eunhyuk let go of your hand and walked towards him. He spoke a few words with Taemin that you couldn't hear but seeing how Taemin reacted it probably wasn't anything good.
 
"Ahnyeong.. I'm really useless aren't I?" He walked closer and sat down next to you.
 
"What do you mean oppa? I missed you.." He kissed your forehead and took your hand.
 
"Mianhae.. I should have protected you better." You shook your heard softly.
 
"Oppa did well. Saranghe oppa." 
 
"You're so cute dongsaeng." He got up slowly, "I'll leave you with your boyfriend now. Tell him I hate him."
 
"Oppa!" You pouted. He stuck out his tongue and ran out.
 
"Mianhae oppa, he doesn't mean it." You said quickly. Eunhyuk sighed and sat down next to you as Taemin had, taking your hand in his.
 
"Gokjonghajima.. I only care about your feelings towards me."
 
"I like you oppa." He smiled softly.
 
"You're cute. Now go back to sleep. Oppa will come back to you later if you promise to rest well." You nodded and pulled the blanket up to your nose. He laughed softly and caressed your cheeks before leaving. You soon fell asleep with some kind of buzzing sound in your head.
 
The next time you woke up it was morning seeing that the sun was still rising. You wondered what time it was. ‘If it’s really December, it must be late in the morning right?’ You sat up straight and found your clothes neatly folded beside the bed. You looked around. No one. You slid out of the bed and quickly dressed. Laying in a bed wouldn’t help any further. ‘I wonder where I am.’ You walked to the door and opened it to search for a room number on the outside. N23. Well that was a great help. You sighed and walked back to your bed. As much as you wanted to explore this place you knew that it was a bad idea if no one knew where you were and that you could easily get lost. You sighed and sat on your bed. It was boring. After some time your stomach started making funny noises.
 
“I’m hungry..” You muttered. Was there anyone here? You tried and look for a button you had seen in films that you could use to call the nurse. There was no such button. Probably only for emergancies. You dropped on the bed and felt your head throb. ‘Right, concussion. Don’t do that again..’ You thought miserably and stared at the ceiling. Then you noticed your phone was lying next to your bed. You quickly grabbed it and opened it. It was eight in the morning. You scanned through the contacts. ‘When did I get so many new contacts? I don’t even know half of these people.. Ah, it’s Eunhyuk!’ You send a text message.
 
From: Ae
 
‘Ahnyeong! You’re probably busy with work or anything, but I’m really bored. How are you doing oppa?’ Hopefully he would reply. Your phone buzzed a few times. New text message.
 
From: Key
 
‘Ae I’m so sorry! I heard you’re in the hospital. What happened? Are you okay?’ You frowned and replied.
 
From: Ae
 
‘Did I miss something? I don’t know what happened either, the doctor says that my concussion caused memory loss.. And that my memories will come back by themselves and no one should stress me.. I think. It’s weird! I’m okay apart from that! Tell Tae I said hi okay?’ You smiled as you remembered the bouncy kid. He was a cute kid. No minute later you received another text.
 
From: Key
 
‘Really? I’m really worried.. Tae says hi too. What do you remember?’
 
From: Ae
 
‘Last thing I remember.. Tenth of October, can you imagine how weird it is that it’s suddenly December already?’ You didn’t get a reply after that. He was probably busy. You pouted and stared out of the window. ‘I’m bored again.’ The door cracked open and you saw Eunhyuk in the dooropening.
 
“Ahnyeong.. How are you today?” He asked. You smiled.
 
“I’m good! But I asked first.. Aren’t you busy today?” He shook his head.
 
“They can manage a day without me. You must be hungry. I brought you some fruit.” You smiled as you saw the basket in his hands. ‘Oppa’s so sweet..’ You got off the bed.
 
“Kamsahamnida oppa.. So, what happened exactly? Did I fall down or something?” Eunhyuk frowned and put the basket on your bed.
 
“Let’s go with ‘or something’ for now. It’s the best if you remember it yourself. If I tell you you’ll make a weird thought out of it. Now eat!” He held a piece of apple in front of you. You smiled and let him feed you. It felt nice and natural.
 
“Oppa, how are the others from Super Junior?” Eunhyuk smiled softly.
 
“They’re really jealous they can’t be here with you.. But other than that they’re good.” You nodded.
 
“I noticed a lot of new people in my phone. Did I really meet that many people?” Eunhyuk nodded and got a second piece of fruit which you ate happily.
 
“There’s been some things going on since back then. But I trust it’ll all come back to you soon.” You nodded and pouted.
 
“I wish it’d come back already! It doesn’t feel nice…” Eunhyuk smiled and leaned closer to you.
 
“I don’t.. It means you’ll leave here and I won’t get to see you that often..” You blushed and hid your face behind the blanket.
 
“Oppa..” He smiled and patted your head carefully.
 
“You should rest. Your friends plan to stop by this afternoon.” You tilted your head.
 
“Who are my friends? Ah! You must mean Changmin, right? He’s my best friend.. But who else.. Maybe more people in DBSK..” Eunhyuk gave you a sad smile.
 
“You’ll see it when they come here. I have to leave soon again.. It’s not fair.. Even though I want to spend all my time with you I have to go work.. I’ll come by this afternoon okay?” You nodded and smiled.
 
“Kamsahamnida oppa.. I’ll  see you this afternoon then!” As he walked out you felt empty. ‘Oppa said he’d be back.. So what is it that I’m missing here?’ You thought sadly.