Chapter 40

Are you drunk?

 

Hurray, chapter 40 is here!
 
You moved aside, and gave him a weird look.
 
“Wae?” You asked, he blinked.
 
“Because you’re a girl.. Right?” You wanted to punch him, but instead just got up. Why was he so cocky? You wanted to walk away, but realized you wouldn’t find the SHINee members if you did. Instead you just sat down a few feet away.
 
“Yah! Why do you dislike me so much?” You shrugged, not wanting to tell him the truth.
 
“Did I hurt you?” You nearly jumped, how did he move so silently. He smiled and sat down, pulling you closer. You felt uncomfortable, even though he seemed nice, you didn’t know when his mood would change again.
 
“So what if you did? If you don’t remember it’s like it didn’t happen.” You said, staring at the street. Somewhere not to far church bells announced it was now five P.M. You brushed him arm away.
 
“I’m meeting some friends now. I’ll see you later.” You said. He observed you closely.
 
“Who? Since when does Taemin allow you to hang out with people?” You couldn’t help but laugh at this. He was alike oppa, as was Junsu. ‘What’s with these guys?’
 
“SHINee, and oppa was fine with them last night.” You said. Jaejoong flinched and took a step back.
 
“Last night? Anyway, I’m sure he won’t tolerate you alone with five guys..”
 
“He tolerated me with the five of you! And I don’t know why!” You snapped. ‘Oh dear.. I shouldn’t have said that.. He can’t find out..’ Jaejoong smirked, and brushed your hair from your face.
 
“Really? Don’t you like us?” He asked, leaning closer. You stepped back.
 
“I’m fine with the you..” He chuckled, and ruffled your hair.
 
“I suppose your friends are here.” He said, pointing behind you. You turned around and saw little Taemin waving at you enthusiastically from inside the building.
 
“I will make you like me.” You glared at Jaejoong, and ran towards little Taemin. He dashed through the glass doors and hugged you.
 
“Noona! You’re here! Today took so long!” He whined childishly. You giggled and said hello to the other members. Jonghyun hugged you too, but Key, Onew and Minho stayed at a more respectable distance.
 
“Ah, right, Key this was yours.” You handed Key the jacket. He smiled as he took it.
 
“Thank you. Oh look it’s our driver!” You blinked. ‘Driver?’ Jonghyun caught your confused look and explained that none of them had a driver’s license yet. You smiled and let them help you into the car.
 
“Our dorm is really big noona! You’ll like it!” Little Taemin exclaimed happily. You were sitting next to him and Onew. Onew sighed and gave you an apoligetic look. You smiled, indicating it was okay. Little Taemin secretly moved a little closer.
 
“Noona, how is your arm? It doesn’t look good..” He whispered, giving you a sad look. You glanced at your exposed arm that luckily no one else had seen. You put your other arm over it, it stung a bit.
 
“It’s fine.” You whispered back, which made him smile.
 
“Yah, what are you whispering about?” Onew said sternly, probably trying to teach little Taemin some manners. Too late. You smiled softly.
 
“It’s nothing..” You said, trying to hide your arm even more. Onew gave you a suspicious look.
 
“Noona is cold, but she doesn’t want to admit it.” Little Taemin whined, and pouted at Onew. He fell for it. You observed little Taemin from the corner of your eye. He really was a brilliant actor. As suspected of little oppa, you almost giggled at that thought.
 
“Why didn’t you just say so?” Onew asked, and the others in front of you caught on the conversation.
 
“Didn’t say what? Are you okay Hyun Ae?” Jonghyun asked, trying to turn around in his seat. You smiled and nodded.
 
“Just a bit cold.” You heard Key’s soft laugh.
 
“If you’re cold, you shouldn’t have given this back. I have a coat you know?” He handed the jacket back, “you can borrow something else at our dorm if you insist on returning it.” He joked, and everyone laughed. You listened to little Taemin for the rest of the ride, as he talked about the many things he liked. Every now and then Minho would hit his head (he sat in front of him and posessed a wrapped newspaper) for being too loud.
 
“Yah, hyung don’t hurt me!” Little Taemin whined when Minho hit him for the 14th time that ride, you bit your cheek so you wouldn’t smile. He looked really cute when pouting, just like a kid.
 
“Don’t complain, we’re here,” Minho answered, “now open the door Jonghyun I’m feeling carsick.” 
 
“Yes, your highness.” Jonghyun joked and got out of the car, Key followed him, and after that Minho could get out. When you got out you saw he did look a bit pale.
 
“Will you be okay? Do you need anything?” You asked, a little worried. He slowly shook his head.
 
“I’ll be fine if I can just get some air.” You stepped back, giving him more space to breathe. He smiled and you followed the others to their dorm. Minho slowly trailed behind you.
 
“Can you drive noona?” Little Taemin asked, getting a little closer, “I didn’t tell my hyungs about your arm.. I thought you wouldn’t want them to worry.” You smiled and quietly thanked him.
 
“Whispering again?” Onew said, “Minho, do you still have that paper?” You smiled and stepped between Onew and little Taemin(he had been walking between you and Onew).
 
“Just let us have our little secret?” You pleaded, and he chuckled.
 
“Aren’t you too old for aegyeo?” You laughed.
 
“I’m from 1990 actually.. So it’s not that bad.” You said, Changmin was two years older than you were, but by barely a month. 
 
“I’m older than you!” Onew said, clearly surprised, “when is your birthday actually?” You smiled and told him to guess it. He made a face at you.
 
“How can I guess? There’s 365 days in a year?” He complained loudly. Key and Jonghyun heard this and turned around.
 
“Guess what?” Jonghyun asked, more asking you than Onew.
 
“My birthday.. Want a hint?” You said a little playfully. He nodded and Onew made another face.
 
“Why does he get a hint?” You chuckled at his grouchyness.
 
“I was born in the winter.” You said, and Onew sighed. It still left him 80 days to guess from. Little Taemin guessed some random days, but eventually Key guessed the right one.
 
“March 14th.” You nodded, and he smiled.
 
“I win!” Jonghyun pouted.
 
“Does this earn me a price?” Key asked, you giggled and softly nudged him.
 
“Maybe, if you ask nice enough.” You teased, but then stopped to see if Minho was catching up with you. He looked less pale and smiled when he saw you had stopped. You waited for him to catch up.
 
“What’s going on here?” He asked, and you explained they had been guessing your birth date.
 
“Taemin didn’t know that? Don’t you know Han Taemin’s birthday by heart?” He asked, and little Taemin blushed form embarrasment.
 
“I do.. You’re smart hyung.”
 
“No, you’re silly.” You patted little Taemin’s head softly.
 
“Well I think it’s nice you don’t see me as the female double of oppa.” You said and he jumped happily and hugged you.
 
“Yah, don’t encourage it!” Onew said jokingly, but you shook your head.
 
“How is it that I won and he gets a reward?” Key pouted and little Taemin let you go.
 
“Right, I didn’t think of that.. Noona, what kind of price should he recieve?” You thought for a while but couldn’t think of anything.
 
“Just ask for a favour when you need one arraso?” You suggested. Key nodded at that, showing he agreed with you. You all entered their dorm, which was nice and surprisingly neat for a boy’s dorm. You supposed it was because they hadn’t been there for long. But you knew oppa could make a mess out of his room in a day. Mostly because he had finished cleaning and was searching for something, causing him to move things around until the room was messy again. After a tour through the dorm, you went to the kitchen to help Key with preparing a meal of some sort.
 
“So, do you like cooking?” He asked while grabbing a pan out of one of the drawers. After looking at it closely he put it back in and took out a larger pan. You nodded softly and tried to think of something to say. He beat you to it.
 
“So, then what should we make?” He said, resting his chin on his hands. You had no idea, so you suggested picking a random recepy from a random cooking book. You ended up making something western style, but it tasted fine. After the meal you played some games, mainly dancing or singing games, with them, until it got dark outside.
 
“Noona, are you staying here tonight?” Little Taemin asked. Once again you were surprised by his innocence, but he was too forgetful.
 
“Oppa wouldn’t want that.” You said, “maybe I should call him to pick me up.. Wouldn’t it be fun if he came over?” Little Taemin first nodded, but then pointed at your arm which was still safely in Key’s jacket.
 
“Won’t that be an issue?” He mouthed. He was right, if you returned this to Key like you planned to, Taemin would see it. He just would, there was no doubt about that. You smiled when you got an idea. You got out your phone and dialed.
 
“Yoboseyo Ae, is there something I can do for you?” You smiled at his voice.
 
“Changmin, can you pick me up from SHINee’s dorm? I had to return Key’s jacket, but I can’t show Taemin my arm..” You whispered. You could hear soft laughter on the other side of the phone.
 
“Dangyunhaji, I’ll be there in a few, just give me the adress.” You told him and he hung up.
 
“Are you going home already?” Jonghyun pouted, making you feel a little guilty.
 
“Mianhae, but oppa would miss me too much.” You said. Honestly, you missed Taemin too. He was the most important person in your life, you knew that. He had always been there for you, and you had been there for him. Even though he was strong and could take care of himself, he liked to be taken care of if it was you. You said ‘goodbye’ to everyone, and exchanged phone numbers with Onew so you could contact him if little Taemin was refusing to do that when around you. Then the doorbell rung and you knew it was time to leave. When you got outside, you didn’t see Changmin, but Jaejoong instead. 
 
“Hey, Changmin couldn’t make it.” He said, and took off his jacket, “you must be cold.” You put on the jacket, even though you didn’t really want to.
 
“Kamsahamnida.” You said, making him smile. Your phone buzzed slightly in your pocket. After you got in the car, you secretly opened it.
 
“Sorry about this. He wouldn’t let me :(. Can I still come to the amusement park with you?” You sighed and put it away without replying. You couldn’t be mad with him.
 
“So did you have fun today?” Jaejoong asked. You could hear he was trying to make a conversation, but it was an odd topic choice, seeing as he had been against you going to the SHINee dorm.
 
“I did.. How was your day?” You asked to be polite. You could see him smile, his smile was nice. 
 
“It was horrible.. We had to practice dancing for our new MV. It’s not that bad but after two hours of routine work you get tired and bored.” He said. For the first time you felt like you could relate to him.
 
“I know how you feel.. I mean..-” He stopped in front of a traffic light and glanced at you.
 
“Yes?” You could feel his suspicion. ‘You could fool him for two months, you can fool him for one more night!’ You told yourself, even though it felt wrong. Really wrong.
 
“In high school we had a final project which requiered me to preform with some others. I got the dance moves in half an hour, but the rest of the group didn’t.” You lied. He looked a bit disappointed, but you figured he believed it. The light turned green and he sped up once again.
 
“I can’t blame the rest.. I usually stay in the middle, but the others all have to switch places. So I guess it’s fair if it takes them a little longer..” He said after a while.
 
“But it’s tiring for you isn’t it?” You asked almost subconciously. He nodded.
 
“I’m glad you’re speaking with me again..” You blushed, you had accidentally forgotten about that.
 
“It’s fine.. It would be awkward if I didn’t since we’re neighbours, I suppose.” You said. The car stopped, you could see oppa’s house through the window.
 
“So.. I heard you were going to the amusement park Sunday?” He asked before you could get out.
 
“Together with oppa, Changmin and Junsu.” You admitted. It seemed like he wanted to say something, but he didn’t say it.
 
“Well, you can give me that back later on.. Just don’t tell Taemin it’s mine. He’ll kill me.” You nodded and got out. Behind you, you heard the motor start and you knew he was reparking the car. You just got your keys out to open the door when it swung open and you were pulled into Taemin’s tight embrace.
 
“You had me really worried there dongsaeng..” He whispered.
 
Author's note: This is how I imagine Han Taemin (Ae's twin) looks *points*, so you all have an image. I know it's Jun Ki, but I think Taemin would look like this ^^ So bear with me.