Chapter 93

Are you drunk?

 

 

Somewhere near the afternoon someone knocked on the door. You sat up straight. That wasn’t Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk didn’t knock that loud, nor that fast.

 

“Come in?” The door opened and a blonde boy that seemed vaguely familiar walked in.

 

“I would have come in even if you hadn’t said that.” He said and smiled cheerfully. His bright smile was almost blinding. He was holding a bag that looked rather heavy. He noticed the confusement on your face.

 

“I was told you had memory loss. Bites. Oh well, I’m here now.” He walked over to the bed and sat down next to you. You almost fell off on the other side. His sudden movement scared you. Who was he? Were you this close with someone?

 

“Who are you?” You asked softly. He sighed and softly punched your shoulder.

 

“Don’t be afraid of me. We’re good friends.” You gave him a doubtful look. Could that have happened? Would Taemin even have allowed that? The boy leaned closer and looked more serious now.

 

“Honestly. We are. Me and your oppa were best friends while we were in training. Do you know how we first met? No you don’t, you forgot.. Doesn’t matter you have me to tell you now.” He smiled and got a rather big book out of the bag he still had with him. It was a photo album. On it it said ‘Ae and Jiyong’ in arabic letters (that means this kind of letters). You blinked.

 

“You thought of that name.. So don’t blame me if you think it’s a bad name.” He opened it and on the first page were two pictures of you and that boy, Jiyong was him you guessed, in a photobooth, posing happily. Underneath it the words ‘First meeting’ were scribled.

 

“That wasn’t exactly our first meeting but that day was the day I first met Hyun Ae.. We actually met on a variety show where you were trying very hard not to be recognized by me. Which somehow succeeded. I did notice that you looked a lot like Taemin. So I wanted to introduce the two of you.” Even though you had no memory of any of this, the idea alone made you smile.

 

“Jeongmal? What happened then?” Jiyong smiled and then pouted.

 

“Taemin decided to play a prank on me. It was so cruel.. He dressed up as you dressing up as a boy for your work, you got that?” You nodded and waited for him to continue, “and you took his place at the company instead. When you two stood across each other Taemin revealed that he really was himself and you were yourself. And then you both ran away.. Taemin said something about twin tactics..” Your eyes widened.

 

“Twin tactic number two?” Jiyong blinked.

 

“You remember?” You shook your head.

 

“Aniyoh, but oppa and me used to use so called ‘twin tactics’ to play pranks on our parents and others to confuse them.. We really used that on you?” Jiyong smiled and nodded.

 

“Yup. But then something came up and Taemin ditched us to go with someone. And a few minutes later Changmin, he was there too, left because of training. So then we talked and since you were feeling a little sad I dragged you off to go take pictures with me. I also promised that I’d be able to tell you and Taemin apart. Which I can do now!” You smiled. That sounded like fun. He skipped to the next page. Under all pages were dates and you noticed you and him had taken a lot of pictures at the end of October and throughout November.

 

“I look really happy on these photo’s. How did you get me to let you take pictures anyway?” Jiyong smiled.

 

“I just did. We’re close friends, we do a lot of things together.” You nodded. It still sounded weird.

 

“Look, we’re in a rollercoaster! That time you said that Taemin rubbed off on me. But I really liked them before we got acquianted too.. Look, here we’re in a restaurant! You kept thinking people would recognize.. Me, but they didn’t! I asked someone to take a picture to prove it. And look! We were getting ice cream near the end November.” Your lips slowly thinned and formed a smile when you looked at all these pictures. He wasn’t lying. You really were friends. Even though you didn’t remember it, you could feel that Jiyong was a warm person because he had made you smile genuinely.

 

“I’m sad that you don’t remember it.. But I guess you will.. I mean, it’s the second day you’re awake.. There’s no way you could remember so fast.. But call me when you do remember so we can go celebrate..” He smiled, “you have my phone number so you’re not getting out of that one Ae.” You chuckled and smiled at him. More than friendly he also seemed very honest.

 

“Do I call you oppa?” You asked, wondering if you had applied that special nickname to someone other than Eunhyuk and Taemin.

 

“You do.” He smiled and softly nudged your shoulder. You nodded in response.

 

“Arasso.. Then I’ll call you that again o-oppa..” He softly pinchd your cheeks.

 

“Aigoo.. You’re definitely the cutest friend I have!”

 

“Jiyong you’re a horrible liar.” You looked up at that voice and noticed Changmin in the doorpost. He smirked, “she never called you oppa.” Jiyong pouted.

 

“But I wanted to hear it..” You couldn’t help but smile at that.

 

“Aish.. You’re taking advantage of the situation.. Just like that guy..” You blinked and looked from Changmin to Jiyong. You definitely trusted Changmin but you knew he liked to play pranks on you aswell. So what was he indicating?

 

“Ae don’t believe him! He’s just jealous you spend a lot of time with me lately!” Jiyong said as if he had heard your thoughts and pulled you into a tight hug. You head hurt but this feeling was familiar somehow.

 

“Jiyong let her go. Ae doesn’t like to be hugged by strangers.” Changmin said, stressing the word ‘strangers’. Jiyong smirked.

 

“We’re not strangers.. You’re just jealous.” Changmin shrugged and sat down on the other side of you.

 

“Still you like me better right Ae?”

 

“Now who’s taking advantage of this situation?! Ae don’t say anything until you remember arasso?” You chuckled and struggled out of his grip.

 

“Changmin, tell me honestly, what happened? Eunhyuk acts weird.” Changmin nodded.

 

“Of course.. He has some decency. A lot of things have happened. Just so you know it, Jaejoong is aware of you pretending to be Taemin. And there’s some girl claiming to be your best friend as well..” Before he could continue someone interrupted him.

 

“Yah! Who’s claiming?!” You smiled widely.

 

“Yui!” You smiled as she ran into the room and jumped on your bed. It was getting rather packed. You smiled and she handed you a bowl with peeled fruits in it.

 

“Don’t bring bribery items with you!” Changmin snapped at her. You smirked.

 

“It’s not bribery! It’s considerate, something you wouldn’t understand!”

 

“I understand Ae better than you could ever!”

 

“That’s so not true! I’ve known her for six years you know? Don’t brag because of some months!”

 

“Could you both stop shouting?” You asked. Both silenced immediately as they saw you rub your head. Jiyong pulled you closer in the hug you still hadn’t escaped from and covered your ears with his hands.

 

“You’re both horrible best friends. Just leave that to me. You can go now! Shoo! She need her rest.” Changmin and Yui both stuck out their tongues at him and ignored him.

 

“We can’t leave yet. We haven’t seen the patient yet. How are you princess?” You glanced up at the voice from the door. Yunho. Where did these people keep coming from?!

 

“Who else did you bring? Can you all just enter yet?” You asked, a little confused.

 

“The nurse won’t let us.” Junsu complained while appearing behind Yunho, “how’s your memory coming along?” You shook your head and Jiyong tightened his grip on it, even though his hands had slipped down from your ears.

 

“Don’t shake your head, it’s bad.” He lectured. You were about to nod when you realized that was a bad idea.

 

“Arasso. Nothing’s back yet. So tell me what happened.” Junsu smirked.

 

“I taught you how to play soccer. Oh and Yui and Yunho are dating. And you’ve been introduced as Taemin’s twin on live television. And Yui and Yunho are also known now. For the rest..-”

 

“Nothing of great importance.” Eunhyuk stood behind him and smiled at you, “how are you?” You smiled widely.

 

“I’m good.. How was your day oppa?” You saw everyone flinch when you used that word and wondered what was wrong.

 

“It was okay. I missed you. All three of you, give her some space to breathe would you?” Yui and Jiyong send him dirty glares but slipped off the bed but Changmin only crawled closer to you and put his arm around you.

 

“Changmin, what’s wrong?” You asked.

 

“Nothing.” Changmin said through his teeth while blankly staring at Eunhyuk, “just my best friend that I haven’t seen in a while.. You know we’ve been busy preparing a new album and thus a new tour.” You gasped.

 

“Really? What about Taemin’s tour?” You asked.

 

“He came back from his tour to see you. But it didn’t matter since it was almost over, don’t feel bad. He said he’d go back and do the last concert a week later.” You gasped.

 

“His fans will kill me!” You shrieked. You slowly saw smirks crawl upon everyone’s faces.

 

“That’s the good news. They don’t hate you. They love you.” You gave Changmin who had taken the privilege of telling you that a weird look.

 

“How is that possible?” You asked.

 

“You even received fanmail. They’re very concerned about you. Might have something to do with Taemin going on rampage on live television and rebelling against his manager.. Apparently it looked very cool.”

 

“I see.” You nodded, still wondering when all of this happened. It sounded so unlogical.

 

“Here’s one..” Yui handed you a pink envelope. You blinked but it was addressed to you. You opened it, it had already been opened it seemed, and the contents of the letter were hard to make out because it looked like someone had been crying while either reading or writing this. For what you could make out it was a girl who prayed you would be alright because she thought you were a nice person. You blinked at it and stared at the others.

 

“Why do they like me?” You asked in wonder. Changmin smirked.

 

“Well, you know those girls in drama’s that somehow get to be with handsome boys but are still likable and seem to suffer a lot?” You nodded, wondering where this was headed.

 

“You’re one of those girls. No one can hate you it seems. You got ‘em wrapped around your fingers girly.” Jiyong said jokingly. Eunhyuk groaned.

 

“Please refrain to nonslang words if you would..” He muttered.

 

“I don’ wanna!” Jiyong said, putting extra stress on his slang and stuck out his tongue.

 

“Jiyong oppa, don’t bully Eunhyuk please.” You said. Jiyong smiled softly.

 

“You got me wrapped around your fingers too..”

 

“Jiyong don’t flirt with her.” You glanced up at that voice. Your heart stopped for a moment before going back to its original pace. That voice, wasn’t it always cold? You felt your eyes water as you stared at the figure in the doorpost.