CHAPTER 40

My First & Last Love Season 2 (KYUNGJOO)

After having dinner, Namjoo ask Kyungsoo to drive to Han River. When they arrive, Kyungsoo place his jacket on Namjoo shoulder. Namjoo smile and thanked him. Kyungsoo just smile back.

Then they sit at one of the bench, which was place far away from anyone. Is most likely just both of them were there.

Silent.

Then Namjoo said “Kyungsoo shi. I have something to tell you. You said that you love me and will wait for me forever. Whatever I’m gonna say is something that I never told anyone before. Only my close friends, my uncle, aunty and cousins know about this. After I tell you about this, is up to if you want to leave me here alone and start to hate me. I will understand.”

“What is it? Why are you saying like that? Why would I hate and leave you here alone? I told you that I will love and wait for you forever.”

“Don’t be too confident Kyungsoo shi. I know what ever I’m gonna say will change your mind. You will hate me.”

“Okay then. What is it that you want to tell me?”

Namjoo look at her shoes and look at the river again. She takes a deep breath and let it go. Then she starts to say, “This evening at the cremation where we went earlier is where my omma, appa and oppa are. They die 3 years ago. They were on their way to my basketball game.” Namjoo stop and start tears out. Thinking about what happen to her family.

Then she continues, “When I was 15 years old, omma and appa had a big fight and they got divorce. Then mom find someone else and got married with him. Appa stayed single because he loves omma so much and no one can take omma place in his heart. After a year of marriage with that guy, omma ex husband start to hit her for money. I didn’t know that omma was living with monster before because I live with my appa and oppa. One day I plan to surprise my omma so I went to her house. When I was exactly infront of her house, I heard mom shouting because of pain saying to stop hurting her. I wanted to knock but I was scared. When that monster went out from the house, I went inside omma house and saw her bleeding on the floor.” Namjoo start to cry. Kyungsoo didn’t know what to do. He takes out his handkerchief and gives it to Namjoo. Namjoo take it and wipe her tears. Then she thanked Kyungsoo.

Namjoo continue “When I saw her on the floor, not moving, I call the ambulance. At the hospital, I call appa to tell him what happen. When Appa was at the hospital and saw omma condition, he was so angry and report police about it. When omma conscious, omma apologize to appa. Appa said that it was okay and ask omma to get back with him. Omma didn’t want in first place but appa was a very determined person and one day omma said yes. Since then we live as a happy family.

One day, when they were on their way to my basketball game, they involve in a hit and run accident. I know after the game was over. Bomi and Eunji tell me after the game because they didn't want that to effect my games. Omma and appa died at the scene. Oppa was able to bought to hospital but doctor said that his life was 30/70. When I walk inside the ward, I saw oppa was unconscious. The only I can hear is his heartbeat from the monitor. When he wakes up, he said that he won’t be long and he have to with omma and appa and tell me to take care of myself. I did not believe whatever he said and tell him that he need to fight. I taught oppa was recovering. However, after one month, oppa left me alone with no one beside me. I lost everything. My omma, appa and oppa. I didn’t know what to do and I was like a lost girl.” Namjoo continue to cry.

“Then why did you close your heart. Was it because you step father act toward your mom?” Kyungsoo ask in curious.

Namjoo said “Yes one of the reasons was because of my stepfather. However, what make me close my heart totally is when one day, my stepfather come to my home. I still remember how he looks that time. He was looking at me with evil smile. He told me to follow him but I didn’t want to. I wanted to close the door but he was stronger. Then he said that he was the one who plan the accident because he was mad at mom and dad. I was shock. I could not do anything. Moreover, one mistake that I did was letting go of the door. Then she starts to pull me toward his car. I didn’t want to but he forces me. He took me to one of the karaoke bar and sold me there. I didn’t know what to do. I even beg my stepfather to not leave me there alone. Nevertheless, my step dad didn’t care about it. I wanted to call Eunji and Bomi but I couldn’t remember their number. That night, the owner dress me with a very y outfit and drag me to one of the room and told me to treat the ert old men. I didn’t wanted to but she force me. I was scared since that men was trying to touch me. The next day, dad came back and tells me to follow him. I didn’t want to but then I saw Tao, the guy that you hit at the reunion behind him. I was happy and I taught that he was going to take me out from there since he was my boyfriend that time. He did. He even bought me to my own house. The second mistake I did that time is to tell him to come inside. I really taught that he was a good guy so I believe him. I even gave my heart to him since I love him so much. But I didn’t know that I was a bet that he made with his friends. He tries to me.” Namjoo stop. She could not continue. Thinking and imagine it again make her scared.

Kyungsoo was shock to hear about that Namjoo almost got . Then Kyungsoo ask firmly, “Did that stupid guy Namjoo shi?”

Namjoo shook her head and said “Nope, he didn’t. He almost me. My shirt was half ripped because of him. I was almost . I was able to run away from him but not out from my house because he was faster and he pulls me to the couch. Before he was able to me, Eunji, Bomi, Beakhyun oppa and Lay oppa was able to be there in my house since Eunji and Bomi know my house password. They were the one who save me from getting . Beakhyun oppa and Lay oppa hit him hard. Eunji and Bomi did not leave my side since that. I was stress. I was so damn stress and I felt dirty with myself. I taught that there is no point for me to leave any more so I plan to kill myself. I walk up to my old house rooftop and try to jump who I taught no one was there since is it was 2 in the morning. There were one of my neighbor was on top of the rooftop drinking with her friends pull me. Eunji and Bomi came just a few minutes later because she heard someone shouting from the rooftop. I did several time to kill myself but there will always someone help me or save me from killing myself. That’s why I say to Yu Jin that day that I even try to kill myself. One day, Eunji and Bomi were so mad at me and told me that I need to start a new life. I need to finish my collage and start new life. Eunji even told me what happen to her when she was still kid. That what make me fight and start my new life. But I promise myself that I won’t ever open my heart to any guy. Bomi wanted to help me to date again and go out with any guy that I don’t know, but I didn’t want to and even scold Bomi for that. Then one day you came. You are so different. Everyone said that but I still didn’t want to believe it. Because I know that if you know my secret, you’ll hate me.”

Kyungsoo cut Namjoo off and said “Who said that I will hate you. Namjoo I love you because of you. I dare myself to give you my heart without even know who you are because you have your own charm that made me love you. And now you don’t only have my heart but my respect. If I was a girl and I was in your place, I would end up at one of the mental hospital. Namjoo I love you because you were different from other girls. If you think that knowing about your past and knowing about you almost got will make me hate you and leave you here all alone, you are wrong. Now you make me want to stay beside you more and protect you.”

Namjoo look at Kyungsoo in shock and awe and said, “Why are you so kind? Why are you different from other guys out there? If I tell other about this, he would hate me and even humiliate me. Just like how Tao did. Why Kyungsoo shi?”

“Like I told you before, because I love you Kim Namjoo shi.”

Namjoo didn’t say anything. She just looks at river. Then Kyungsoo told her that is getting late and they need to go back home. When they were walking toward the car, Namjoo ask Kyungsoo “Kyungsoo shi, can I ask you something?”

Kyungsoo just raise his eyebrows as saying what to Namjoo.

“What do you mean by I’m not like other girls that you know?”

“Well other girls that I know will look at me and checking me out all the time and will fall in love with me in just a flip.”

“Really?”

“Yes. I’m not lying. I am telling the truth. Well I was one of the hot and famous guy in school years and collage. Girls will fall in love with me just like that especially if I help them.”

“Oh God really? And you’re proud with that.”

“Of course I am.”

“God!” Namjoo laugh and start to walk faster living Kyungsoo alone.

Kyungsoo ran toward Namjoo, call her name, and tell her to wait for him.