Two

Why Do I Love You, Again?

The Other School

 

Heesun's Point of View

It was Monday and here I am walking to school with my friends.

"What're you guys going to do later?" Soojung suddenly asked, which made the both of us, Miyoung and I, look at her. I eyed her weirdly, "The day hasn't ended yet and you're asking us that?"

Soojung shrugged, "I don't know. I have a feeling that I would be bored the moment I get home. So I was thinking if we had another date today." There was something weird.

"Won't Jimin be free?" Miyoung suggested, which I nodded to, "He's your boyfriend and all."

"Oh, I thought you guys knew!"

Both me and Miyoung were startled at Soojung's sudden statement, "Jimin and I aren't really dating." And because of that, Miyoung and I looked at each other, then to Soojung, "What?"

"I mean, we're just playing it all as an act. Jimin told me about someone that he likes and he wants to get over her soon." Miyoung nodded, "Has he gotten over her yet?"

"That's what I would like to know."

And was it just me, or was Soojung been looking at me the whole time? It was creeping me out, "What?" She smiled at me nicely, "Oh, nothing." Then Miyoung changed the subject, "By the way, do you guys still remember Jungkook?"

Soojung was all sparkles, "That cute boy that has a crush on Hee?" My face scrunched up at the said of my name. "Yeah, that's the one! I do think that I've seen him somewhere.. but I can't put a finger on it," she added.

"Hey, what are you ladies talking about?" Jimin came in the picture. "We were just talking about Jungkook. Soojung said that she's seen him somewhere before, did she?" Miyoung answered.

Jimin tapped his chin while looking at me. Why are all these people giving their attention to me?! "I remember now!" Soojung happily said, "He's the guy who was always seated across Heesun's seat.”

I titled my head to the side in confusion.

 

~~~~

 

Now I get you.

Soojung was happily waving at the said boy earlier while I, who was in between them, was looking as awkward as ever. "Hee, don't be rude and wave at him. He's our senior." I scoffed, "Why would I care for someone who’s in different schools?"

"Heesun, you're such a rude child. No wonder you don't have a boyfriend," she started pinching my cheeks. "Why would I need someone who'll leave me behind anyway?"

Soojung paused and stared at me blankly for a while, "Are you on your period, or...” I sighed, "Just shut up for a while."

Classes started nicely. But not as nicely as you think because I was too distracted at the outside of the school's building. A particular guy, who was seated just beside me and was named Jungkook, was too distracting for my liking.

We were just one and a half or maybe two meters away from each other. I can totally see his smiling face from where I was, I was looking in front, and I can also hear him laughing from there. Don't they have a teacher, or something?

His aura was ridiculously irritating. I don't really know why but it makes me want to keep a distance from him.

"Hee," I heard Soojung called me, "It's already brake and are you alright? You look like someone who’s ready to kill someone."

"No, leave me be."

 

~~~~

 

Jungkook's Point of View

I sighed. Dazingly stared at the girl who stood up.

"Kookie? What's wrong, dude?" I heard someone calling me but I didn't bother look at him, it's probably Taehyung, "You've been looking at that girl these past few weeks now. Are you sure you're not trying to be a stalker?"

"Yes."

"And I thought you were dating someone but you're not. Are you really sure?"

"Yes."

"You like her, don't you?"

"Yes…

Wait, no!"

I turned to look at Taehyung, who was giving me this funny look like I've just admitted that I've farted in the middle of class. I sighed, "Alright, I do."

"Woohoo!" Taehyung clinged his arm on my shoulders, which made us look like we're buddies, whom we really are; I just don't want to admit it. He was too weird to hang out with. "Our baby Jungkookie has started to be a man!"

I pushed him away from me, "I was a man from the start, hyung!" I looked at outside the window, again to only see the girl, biting her bottom lip, preventing her from laughing.

I wonder what you look like when you smile. You probably look adorable.

"So who's this girl that we speak of? Have you heard her voice yet?" Taehyung said, bombarding me questions. "Her name is Heesun. And yes, I've heard it."

"How was it?"

"It was pretty and deep, it somehow didn't fit how cute she looked. I'm guessing that she can sing," I then started daydreaming of her singing me to sleep. I could feel my blood rush up to my face.

Taehyung laughed, "Just what did you think about? And you know what; I never knew you could be this cheesy, maknae. I should totally stop asking you questions now."

Yeah, you should.

He was about to turn around and finally leave but he faced me, again, "You said that her name was Heesun, right?" I nodded. "What's her last name?" I thought that he didn't want to ask questions anymore? Ah, whatever.

"As far as I remember, it's Kim." Hyung nodded with his mouth making a small o-shape, "It's my sister, alright." What? "I should probably tell Namjoon hyung on you. See ya!"

Namjoon... hyung?

Wait, what? They're siblings?!

 

~~~~

 

Heesun's Point of View

"Ah!"

JiminSoojung and Miyoung turned to look at me, "What?" I covered my mouth, "I bit my tongue." You see, instead of just my bottom lip being bitten, it was accidentally my tongue.

Miyoung chuckled, "Someone's probably talking about our little Heesun," and gave me a pat on the head as I pushed it away. "I may be short but I'm not a kid."

"I'm actually lucky that Heesun is short," Jimin stood up from his seat and hung his arm around me, "It actually compliments my height." I rolled my eyes at the thought of him saying something kind to me.

Soojung pushed him away from me, "Stop speaking nonsense, you two. Hee would be two times more adorable if she had a boyfriend that was taller than her!" Again, I rolled my eyes.

Just where is this conversation going?

"Oh, speaking of boyfriends," Soojung started, "Jimin, when are we going to break up?"

And that time, it made all of the students in my and Soojung's classroom halted at whatever they were doing at gave their attention to us.

Jimin blinked and gulped at the same time, "Why the sudden question? Haven't I told you to worry about it later?" Soojung, being the stubborn one she is, whined, "But my parents are starting off an arranged marriage for me!"

All of the students here, not only paused, gasped. "Hey, don't start a scene here," Miyoung cut in, "There's nothing to worry about here, people. So just turn around and think of this as a misunderstanding, a ‘right?" Everyone in the room nodded at the statement and followed Miyoung's instruction.

While I nodded at the couple (that was planning to break up) weirdly, "What the heck is going on here?" They looked at each other. Then Soojung shook her head while smiling and Jimin just stared at me. "You don't have to worry about it, Hee."

I was worried, "Do you guys hate each other now?" Soojung laughed, "What? We don't and after all, we never really liked each other from the start. Isn't that right, Zimin?" I looked at him. He broke his stare, looking at the other side of the room and nodded. Jimin looked rather, nervous?

Although being the insensitive girl I am, I really was getting worried.

 

~~~~

 

Narrator's Point of View

After the four friends' conversation in the sophomore's classroom, the two seniors, who were invading there, decided to leave since they won't see each other anymore in lunch break. Although, it ended up being Soojung and Jimin together since they had something to talk about. Meanwhile Miyoung, she left the two alone.

Soojung and Jimin were walking together side-by-side, but there was a bit of distance in between them. No, not a bit. A lot.

The girl started to talk, "You saw Hee's face, right? She looked really worried, didn't she?" Jimin kept silent for a while then spoke, "She did.. I thought you told them."

"I did. But I don't think they got the idea. Miyoung just quickly changed the subject."

"Guess that, she already knew what it is and she didn't want to let Heesun know."

The girl had her face in pure confusion, "What do you mean?" As the boy looked at her in the eye, "I think Miyoung already knows that I've got a crush on Heesun."

"Oh, I see...” The girl nodded in agreement which made the other look at her weirdly, "Wait, what?! You have a crush on H--" And he then quickly shut the moment she repeated his sentence.

"And for a second, I thought you, too, already knew." She got her eyes furrowed, "Well of course, you know that I'm slow with these kind of things."

The boy nodded but realized something. How could Soojung be slow with such things when, along with Miyoung, she kept on teasing Heesun that Jungkook had a crush on her which was honestly true? So again, how could she be slow?

But it was noticeable anyway. As he knew Jungkook, his friend was really not good at handling things like: liking someone secretly. He probably stood out.

Though, that's not the case here.

"Should I tell her?" Jimin finally asked. "You probably should since you can't take it in anymore, right?" Soojung suggested as they reached their classroom. "I don't know about this. I feel nervous already just at the thought of confessing."

Soojung gawked at her now ex-boyfriend, "Seriously, Jimin? I thought you were better than this. Do you even want to get over her soon?" He nodded. "Then all you have to do now is tell her all of the things you feel for her from the bottom of your heart." He, again, nodded. "Next thing you have to do is think about everything that was worth it in the days that you two met, if she decided to turn you down and keep a distance from you."

"I'm afraid of that part."

"You'll do fine! As long as you trust Hee," Soojung faced in front of Jimin while holding out her hand, "So, we're off now?" He stared at the hand before taking it, giving it a hand shake, "We're off."

You guys probably know what this 'off' means.

 

 

 


Author's Note:

This chapter is boring. Idk.

Second chapter, you should be delighted.
Lol.
But the next one will be more fun, I guess.
Lol.
Sumimasen.
Have a nice day everyone.
Why do I keep on promising that, lol.

 

 

 

Updated:
May 8, 2015