Forty

Why Do I Love You, Again?

Mr. Rabbit

    

Narrator's Point of View

Heesun went back to her respective room when it was noontime. She wasn't really ultimately happy when she went to the three boys' room even though her boyfriend was there. It was because her brother was utterly ignoring her. It was something that never have happened before since she and Taehyung were really close to each other.

It was a mystery for Heesun to see him like that to her. It wasn't like him at all. Now all she would do now is silently sulk while sitting on her bed as Haeun was watching her, with her arms crossed in front of her chest and a sigh, with concern, "Is this about my cousin, again?"

The problematic girl would just shake her head sideways, "It's nothing important. It's Taehyung." Haeun had agape into a small letter 'o' while nodding in understanding, "Right, it's not really important." Heesun let out a small chuckle, "You're mean." 

These two are roommates as you can identify. It was only the two of them since they only wanted each other. Since in either one of these girls' point of view, she's her only girl friend in Hang San. So in short, loners. Though, if you guys were to know, Heesun was practically popular nowadays in Hang San because of her brother, which she didn't like, while Haeun's the opposite, she doesn't really stand out that much since she's more known for being a nerd.

Although it doesn't change the fact about Heesun thinking, while her other friends knowing, that Haeun was pretty much prettier than her.

Remember that one time Haeun went to school without her glasses. She got popular in an instant however it was a mystery for the other students who she was since they never really knew her from the start. So when they asked, Haeun would just refuse to answer and walk away from them. And from then on, she never wanted to remove her glasses ever again, in school. She doesn't even want to imagine what could happen when she went to Song Wan without it.

She might lose her mind for it.

Though that's not the case here.

"Hey, girls!" Bambam, who just went inside of their room carelessly, making Heesun glare at him, "Oppa, you shouldn't just go barge inside somebody's room without knocking. You might see them in the middle of changing, or something," which Haeun nodded to. But the boy's answer was beyond the both of them, "I wouldn't mind."

Heesun nonchalantly pointed her finger on the front door, "Get out." Bambam laughed, "I was kidding."

"Just what are you here for?" Haeun questioned. "Well," Bambam scratched the back of his head, "I just wanted to ask; what costume are you guys going to wear tonight?" asked, which made Heesun ask back, "What about tonight?" Haeun hit the back of her friend's head, "Idiot," making Heesun pout, "Sorry, Hee's not paying attention to announcements but she knows, although I'm not sure if she has anything to wear at all." Haeun stared at Heesun, who was staring at her back.

"As expected," Bambam sighed as he was looking at his best friend who looked at him back with a very innocent expression on her face, 

"Hee, you don't have a costume to wear, do you?"

"For what?"

"Party?"

"Oh, that.. well..., no.. hehe."

"It's not as funny as it seems, Hee," he said with a straight face, "It wouldn't be allowed if you were to be stuck inside your room the whole night. And it would not be allowed, too, if you went there with only casual clothes, that'd be weird.

I guess, I'll let you borrow one of mine."

 

~~~~

 

Venue.

Helplessly, Heesun was walking towards the place where the students are happily throwing a party in. It was 7 PM, nighttime, obviously, it would be dark outside and somehow dangerous. But at this moment, you wouldn't really realize who Heesun is at the moment.

Because apparently, she was wearing a rabbit mascot. Feeling ridiculous as she was, she was questioning in her mind if Bambam had gender issues, or not since he was the one who gave her the costume. Well, it was entirely her fault that she doesn't have anything to wear for the party, she just has to deal with it. 

But on the bright side, the girl is actually safe from crimes because not a person will identify if the one inside the mascot was a girl, or not. She felt blessed somehow.

Heesun sighed, trying her best to look at her surroundings. She could see lamps around and unfamiliar faces walking with their faces looking at her with an expression that shows how weird she was. Blame Bambam for this, or so she thought.

She opened the door, right in front of her, with a sigh, only to make the atmosphere in there a bit more hot. She wasn't feeling hot at all, actually, it was cold out so the outfit would make itself as a heater. She went inside the venue and shut the door behind her. She was feeling fine, until something happened.

"Hi!"

Something that was terribly wrong. Heesun furrowed her brows in an instant but her disappointed look didn't seem to be seen through the plastic glass-like eyes of the mascot's. The person only let out a little snort with a small giggle to finish. And somehow in someway, Heesun felt familiar with that little giggle of the person.

Though, the person had his head covered with a paperbag with two holes that are beside each other, to not cover his eyes. As clear as Heesun could see, he was wearing some kind of brown bathrobe on while handling a whip. A grim reaper with no face, then? The dude's costume was highly sophisticated.

And to her surprise, the dude took off the paperbag that was covering his head, making Heesun taken aback. It was her boyfriend. However, he looked different. His eyes were darker than it usually would, he was wearing make up perhaps? He didn't look scary at all, now that there was this huge grin on his face. He looked high.

"Are you alone?" he asked her, the girl would just nod her head as an answer. Jungkook's face made a frown, "You don't talk?" Heesun shook her head, making the boy more disappointed, "Oh, well. Can you come with me, then? I'm alone, too, myself since my hyung left me here." He pulled up the bathrobe that he was wearing, to pull out the phone from his pants' backpocket, that he was also wearing underneath.

Heesun had a little heart attack when that happened since she thought that she's going to be a sinner right before the night even ends.

Jungkook showed her his phone, "See, this is what he sent me after he left."

From: Kim Taehyung
Kookie!
I'll be back in 5 minutes but if I haven't come back yet,
Just read this message, again.

After reading the message, Heesun prevented herself to either laugh, or facepalm because that would be mean since Jungkook doesn't know who she was yet. "I did read it after 5 minutes but it was driving me crazy! Hyung does know that I don't have anyone to talk to except him!" he said which made Heesun confused. Why'd he say that when he has a lot of guys to talk to? There's also his cousin and his girlfriend.

Heesun tilted her head to the side, showing that she was confused. Jungkook only showed a sly smile and said, "Oh, nevermind. What's your name?" Heesun, once again, shook her head sideways, refusing to tell her identity, which made the boy all glum, again, "Well, is it okay to tell you my problems?

If you think that I'm a bother, then I'll just leave you and--"

"No!"

After that, Heesun tried to cover because of the sudden outburst that she made. Jungkook chuckled, "Okay, then!" he beamed, "I'll call you Mr. Rabbit from now on, if you don't mind." Heesun nodded. "Now, c'mon, Mr. Rabbit! Let's go inside!" He pulled her with him to go further inside the hallway of the venue, towards the actual door, which leads to the place of the party.

 

~~~~

 

Place. I don't know what to call it.

"Hyung, there you are!" Bambam whined when he caught sight of the Joker-dressed Taehyung who was in the middle of the crowded dance floor, doing nothing but standing there. He pulled his hyung out of the crowded place and asked, "What the hell were you doing there?" Taehyung gave him a sheepish smile, "Nothing."

Bambam sighed, "Where's Heesun? No, more importantly, where's Jungkook?" Taehyung tapped his chin in wonder, "As far as I would remember, I left Jungkook somewhere in here--" The younger shrieked, "You what?!" But Taehyung only continued, "And as for my little sister, she's going to be here any moment now. What is she going wear anyway?"

"My rabbit mascot."

"Your what?!" Now it was Taehyung's turn to shriek since it was unforgivable about the fact that Bambam had such a thing to begin with. Such a thing that Kunpimook has but Tae doesn't, it was unbearable. For him, at least. "Forget about that, hyung! Just why did you leave Kook alone?"

"For metaphorical purposes!" Taehyung shot back, making the younger taken aback. Who knew Taehyung knew such a word? "Plus, I bet that they met each other in the hallway, or something," he added.

"Kunpi!"

Both of them look at the sudden call, turns out that it was a girl. Taehyung took a good look who it was, she was wearing a white mask that was covering her nose and mouth as her hair was brushed off of her face and she was wearing make up with contact lenses on. He questioned, "What are you?" The girl raised her brow at him, "If you are asking who I am, then It's me, Haeun." Still, Taehyung wasn't contented.

Haeun sighed and pulled her mask down. Making the people around who sees her, get terrified of her costume, "I'm the slit-mouthed woman," especially the two boys that she was with. "Freaking take it back up, woman!" Bambam ordered her, looking like he's seen a monster.

"Anyway," she started, putting back the mask on, "I found the two, they're together and really, I'm not satisfied with what you gave her," she crossed her arms over her chest as she was showing off a frown. Bambam gave her a sheepish smile, "Well, it's not like I'll give her this vampire costume while I'll dress as a rabbit. That'd be humiliating. Plus, didn't Hee say that she doesn't want to be recognized while wearing a costume?"

"That is true," Haeun nodded in agreement, "Say, about the two, they're in the other side of this place if you're concerned." Tae and Kunpi nodded at the given information, as the older said, "Let them be. It's better if they had quality time with each other."

"About that, you think that Hee will tell that it's her?" -Kunpi

"Probably not. You do know how secretive the kid is." -Tae

"Let's just hope that they won't end up in an arguement, again," Haeun stated which they agreed to. Indeed.

"Hey, guys!"

All three of them looked at where the voice came from and it was Jungkook, happily walking towards them. As they were moving their heads towards the thing that the kid was pulling with him, they saw a short (emphasizing the word), chubby rabbit. They already knew who it was. It was Heesun. They sighed while giving a little smile and hello to the beaming boy.

"I found a friend!" the said boy chanted while holding up the cloth-covered hand that he was holding of his so-called friend. "That's good, Kookie!" Taehyung then said while eyeing his little sister with a forced smile. "Haeunie!" Jungkook then turned to -mouthed cousin, "I thought that Heeshun will come! Why isn't she here yet?!"

Heeshun, he says.

Haeun shrugged at the question, "Just wait a little longer, Kook-ah. Though I'm not sure if Heesun is going here, or not. Although," she eyed the masked friend, "I'm sure that she's around here somewhere, you just couldn't see her." Heesun shivered at the piercing stares from the three people right in front of here. She wasn't sure if she should continue this 'Mr. Rabbit' act, or not. Though, she made her decision.

On the other hand, her boyfriend was pouting, "But I wanted to see her," which made her heart ache. Heesun held up her hand and attempted to pull up her mask and show them, mostly to him, who she was but controlled it. She then gave Jungkook a pat on the shoulder. "C'mon, Mr. Rabbit, I'm going to tell you something!" And off they go.

"Good luck, Hee," was all Taehyung could ever whisper.

 

~~~~

 

Apparently, Jungkook was 60% loaded with sweets inside of his body. He was thinking too randomly and was acting like a child. This side of him now was more worse than he was from the chapters before, which Heesun hated. It was getting on her nerves once again. She was pondering if she was to leave him there alone, or not. But she didn't want to. Because at a rate like this, he seemed like a pathetic loner.

"Mr. Rabbit," Jungkook called over her, "Look, a sushi roll!" as he was pointing out the food in front of them. His face showed a faint smile, "It reminds me of my girlfriend." Now that he said it, Heesun always wondered why he called her that. Though she didn't want to speak because a small part inside of her didn't want him to know who she was. It was a mystery. "Funny how I get to name her as ridiculous as that." Heesun couldn't agree more. "Still,

I found her at the mall once, not knowing who she was back then, I decided to call her 'Sushi' since she was standing by a sushi stall when I saw her." Oh, so that's why, or so the girl would think. "And the girl that I'm dating, Mr. Rabbit," the boy looked around, trying to find if there were witnesses up ahead, "Is Kim Heesun. She's studying in Song Wan," and then did a shushing sound.

Heesun, only sat there, if she were to react, it wouldn't be obvious because of the mask, anyway. "We're having a forbidden relationship somewhat. It's this difficult since it's the school principals we're talking about. But that's not the only thing that I'm worrying about. It's about Heesun, there's a problem about her." Heesun studied the boy's face. He was silently staring at the glass cup that he was holding, resting it on the table, looking like he has a lot of problems to think about.

In an unrecognizable voice, Heesun asked aloud, "Why?" The boy sighed, "Well, it's not like I'm having trust issues with her," the girl bit her lip, "But I don't think that I should keep on being jealous all by myself." He chuckled, "She'd go pissed off with me, again.

And again, I'm not saying that I don't trust her anymore but she keeps on hanging out with that Chanwoo guy ever since yesterday. It's making me really jealous!" The boy pouted with his arms crossed over his chest in a childish manner, "Ah! Enough with this. I might cry." From behind the large mask, Heesun smiled a little. Although, she wasn't sure if she could keep up with this 'Mr. Rabbit' act. How she wonders how he'll react.

"Thank you for listening to me, Mr. Rabbit! I somehow felt light inside." Heesun nodded at the boy's gratitude. "So if you wouldn't mind." Until she felt arms wrapped around her thick costume, making her feel consious. It seems that the boy was giving her a hug, "I wonder what you look like, Mr. Rabbit. I'm not even sure if your a guy, or a girl."

Heesun felt hot all of a sudden, inside this air-conditioned place.

"Ah!" the boy said letting go of the girl, "I need to go for a moment, Mr. Rabbit! Stay there, okay?" He didn't wait for the girl's response and abruptly stood up to run towards God knows where. Heesun sighed in relief when she lost sight of the boy, turning to the right, only to be greeted a face that was pretty much close to her mask.

"Woah!" she jumped up from her seat as she was studying the face of that person, "Who the are you?!" she asked. The dude stood up straightly, not breaking the eye contact with Heesun, "I'm Charlie freaking Chaplin and am the one and only Park that you guys call short." Even though someone wouldn't see it, Heesun had agape, "Chimchim?"

"At least say it with an 'oppa', freaking twerp!"

Heesun was left speechless for a moment there, "You know who I am?" Jimin snickered, "Of course, I asked Kunpi what you're supposed to wear here and here I am. Though the reason why I'm here is," he sat beside her, "Why is Jungkook calling you 'Mr. Rabbit'?"

Before she could even answer, Heesun huffed before taking off the head of the mascot, revealing her face in front of Jimin who was practically laughing at the girl's exhausted state and was pinching her cheek, "Aren't you sweaty?" She swatted his hands away, "I don't know either. I just came to the point where I don't want to tell him who I am then let him tell me what his problems were."

"How'd it go?"

"Turns out, his problem was me."

Afterwards, a loud crashing sound of a glass was heard from somewhere that was near the both of them. They turned to the direction where the sound was heard and saw Jungkook, who was completely devastated and was staring at Heesun with wide-eyes. Heesun smiled at him sheepishly, "Hello, oppa," with an awkward laugh.

Oh, she'd be wrecked.

 

 

 


Author's Note:

I have nothing to say.

 

 

Updated:
June 5, 2015