Forty-eight

Why Do I Love You, Again?

Astraphobia

 

Beware of this chapter. Just be. Because fluff.
You have been warned.

Taehyung's Point of View

I am inside of my sister's bedroom.

Yeah, nothing really wrong here except the fact that I am rummaging through her things. There was something interesting on her desk that's why I came here. Yeah, I saw it all the way from the door. There was a sticky note on her desk and it really caught my attention. So this is the thing that bothers her!

Can cute boys stop being:
Gay?
Younger than me?
5+ years older than me?
418978653421 miles away?
Taken?
Famous?
Fictional?
Dead?
Fictional and dead?

(a/n: probably every girl's problem especially me)

Heesun really needs to put her priorities straight and doesn't she have a boyfriend that is not that problematic? Although he's really whiny and stubborn. And hard to deal with. Okay, I take it back. There was this other thing that surprised me, and I don’t want to touch it.

This thing:

What is wrong with my sister? Anyways, oh, look, her phone is here. I wonder what's inside. And oh!

... .. ....

I just unlocked her phone and Jungkook's face practically scared me. No, he didn't look ugly at all. It just surprised me that he was the background picture, not the other things that I expect Heesun would be using. Though how sweet, it really disgusts me. I moved on to the contacts and wondered what kind of name she put me into this time.

Snob Monkey...

What about Jimin? Lol, she called him Charlie Chaplin. About that costume Zimin wore before, it really suit him. I want him to stay that way; it makes him look even uglier. I am so mean. The next names were really as funny as the other contacts until one thing caught my eye and I couldn't get the name of who it belonged to so I decided to call that number.

"Hello, Hee?" the voice seemed really recognizable but I couldn't grasp who it was. Until I heard a slap, "Maknae, what the heck are you talking about? Heesun's right there!" that was Jimin. He was with Jimin and Jimin is only with that one person. Apparently the one that was named 'Inamorato' in this phone was Jungkook. And doesn't Inamorato stand for a person's male lover? Wow, I never knew that Heesun knows this much.

I said through the phone since Jungkook's been asking me who I was, "Your girlfriend is gross, Kookie," and hung up. I placed the phone back on the desk.

"What are you doing here, oppa?" I almost jump up of where I was standing when I heard the sudden question. Heesun was standing by the door, looking at me weirdly. I awkwardly coughed, "What a coincidence! I was about to ask myself that. Isn't that great, Hee?" She raised a brow, "Coming from you, it's not. You may leave."

I huffed and walked out, whispering things, "What a brat. Asking me to leave, just like that. Can't even love her own brother. Calling him a snob and a monkey at the same time." She gasped, "You did snoop into my phone!" I immediately ran downstairs before Heesun could even catch up with me with those short legs of hers. Why did I even run, anyway? Oh, well. Me and my wrong mind.

"So you guys are really having a sleepover here?" I asked and sat on the sofa next to Jimin and I felt Jungkook sending daggers to me through his eyes. "Why? Do you have a problem about it?" Miyoung sassed me. I quickly shook my head and gave her a smile. She's always like this so how would I not be surprised? But it became worse ever since that talk we had in the garden. I know that she was about to say something that time but I'm too afraid to ask what it is.

She might snarl at me. I'm too young to die.

"Where's Jungkookie's girlfriend?" Jimin asked me as he hung his shoulder over Jungkook's neck. "She's upstairs," I said, "But I don't think that she'll come down for now. She's going to do her homework." That I am sure because that's her daily routine whenever she comes home from school.

(a/n: Beware about the days, I'm that problematic so don't judge!)

"But it's Friday!" Soojung whined and pushed Hoseok out of her way, "Can't she take a break?" I shook my head, "No can do. You know how diligent my sister is." Miyoung just had to say, "Something that you don't have." What did I ever do to you? was the words that was about to come out of my mouth when I heard mom shouting,

"I baked cookies!"

So everyone went towards her and grabbed one since mom's cooking is really the best and we are really lucky indeed. Except for Jungkook, he was still sitting on the couch, looking like he was the most troublesome person in the whole world. I sat beside him, "What's wrong, Kook?" He shook his head. I pushed my cookie towards his mouth but he moved away, "No, hyung!"

I snickered, "Are you thinking about Heesun?" He nodded, "I miss her, hyung." You sure do, your face tells me everything. "I did get what I deserve." You sure do, you were such a jerk back then. "But I can't take it anymore! I want to talk to her!"

"Then why don't you?"

"She'll just ignore me.."

This kid is hopeless. I sighed in defeat and just gave him a pat on the shoulder. And listened to what Namjoon hyung announced, "Alright, while you guys are eating, let me just tell you that the girls are going to sleep in the guest room while the boys will sleep here." I heard groanings at the moment while I just had this victory smile plastered on my face. "No, Tae, you will not sleep in your room," I pouted at what Namjoon added.

"Taehyungie," I heard mom said so I looked at her, "Where's Heesunie?" I answered, "In her room, why?" She frowned, "She's missing all the fun here. I'll go in her room for a bit, okay?" I just nodded and watched her go up the stairs.

 

~~~~

               

Heesun's Point of View

Seemed like they're having tons of fun down there. I wasn't interested but it wasn't like I didn't want to be interested. You get my point? I want to be part of that, too but I have homework to finish. I am currently reading this novel that I have because my homework was a book report, when I heard a knock on the door, "Who is it?"

The door opened and revealed my one and only mother, "Hi!" I smiled and closed my book, "What's up, mom?" She went and sat beside me on the bed, "Here. You might be starving," and gave me a bag full of cookies. How nice. "Thank you," I leaned over to her and kissed her cheek.

"Your boyfriend is downstairs."

I stopped myself from taking a piece of cookie inside of my mouth then looked at my mother and chuckled sarcastically, "It's alright. I wouldn't care anyway." That was a lie. "I doubt that." Of course, you do. "You love him, don't you?" I looked at her in the eyes and sighed, looking back on my lap,

".. I hate how you’re always right."

Mom scooted closer to me and gave me a hug, "I bet, Jungkook feels the same." He does. "Plus, he wasn't talking that much at all when I last saw him. He seemed, gloomy?" She let go of me, "You better go downstairs and talk about this with him." I sighed, "No promises."

 

~~~~

 

Narrator's Point of View

Living room.

"Jungkook, do you know something about Myungsoo-ssi?" Haeun asked which was out of the blue, to her cousin that was quite shocked himself. Jungkook then felt several pairs of eyes piercing through his soul. He gulped, "Ah, I.. I asked him if he could play as.. Heesun's boyfriend."

There was this 5-second pause with the people having this blank expression on their faces and then over reacting with shrieking voices, asking what the heck was wrong with him.

"It was needed!" Jungkook started, trying to pipe them down, "Hang San has spies in Song Wan now and they're checking up on Heesun! That's why I used Myungsoo hyung so they could get the wrong idea."

Everyone had another 5-second pause but they didn't over react anymore. Although there was this particular idiot who stood up on his own, about to react but he quickly sat back down, "Oh, we won't? Okay." Hoseok felt embarrassed with himself and his existence. No one even dared to laugh because the atmosphere was very serious but Taehyung was giggling the out of him.

Jungkook felt like he was being played, "This feels like a comedy show. Guys, tell me something. Anything!" he begged, "Yoongi hyung!" and looked at the said person, "Say cuss words, or something that you usually would say at a time like this." Yoongi shrugged and lazily said, "You're cute, maknae." The younger was frustrated, "Wae?!"

"Why aren't you here?"

All of them looked to the direction to where the voice came from and saw that Heesun was walking down the stairs with both hands full, she was holding her phone and the other one was holding a book, "So Got7's more important than me, your own best friend?" They assumed that she was talking to Bambam on the phone. "So what if I have a boyfriend?--" They all turned to Jungkook who was hurt. "--That's different from having a best friend!"

Heesun sighed, "Whatever," she hung up and placed her phone back in her pocket. Yawning, she said to herself, "I'm tired. I should've stayed in my room," then stopped in her tracks when she saw her unnies and oppas sitting by the living room. They seemed like some military students in North Korea because they all are sitting straightly with straight looks on their faces. No one was budging.

She was amused and confused at the same time, "What the is this ?" She assumed that they will react if she'll cuss but they didn't, no one dared to lay a finger at her and smack her head for saying unacceptable language.

She crossed her arms over her chest and huffed, "I'll just go back to my room," turning around by her heel (she was barefoot), looking at the wall clock, "It's already past 10 guys, you better go to sleep." No turning backs, Heesun made her way back to her bedroom, leaving the people in the living room on their own.

"Why did we do that?" Namjoon asked himself once they went back to their original positions. Jimin shrugged while Miyoung answered, "Probably because you're all idiots?" Taehyung gawked at her, "But you did it, too, Miyoung-ah." He was right and she didn't have anything else to say about it. "Well, guys, let's not forget that Jungkook needs to get back with Heesun!" Hoseok announced that made them go back to staring at Jungkook.

He struggled, "Alright, alright, alright!"

 

~~~~

 

Midnight.

(a/n: Too fast? Well, /puts on sunglasses, deal with it)

The rain is back and stronger than ever. The lights were out and the people are already asleep in the Kims' Residence. Everyone obeyed Namjoon's announcement earlier. The boys were asleep in the living room in their sleeping bags while the girls are all warm and cozy in the guest room.

They had a bit of fun and games before they even knocked themselves out to sleep. And Heesun was just inside her room, completely annoyed on how noisy they were because she couldn't even concentrate on her report. She was already in the middle part of the book but she half understands what she all read. She was hopeless at the time being.

Back to the living room where the boys were all sounding asleep. Well, except for one particular boy. It was already midnight and Jungkook couldn't even sleep. Every time that he hears rumbling sounds from outside, he would covers his ears with his pillows and shut his eyes closed. He might hate to admit it but he was afraid. The reason that he couldn't even sleep.

So, even though it was against his will, he tried to stand up from his sleeping bag and got out of the living room, not forgetting to bring his pillow with him. He tried to find a warm and safe shelter to sleep into. Then rumbling sounds. He whimpered in fear and covered his ears. When it was gone, he quickly continued his destination.

Until he stumbled upon a door that had a sign, written on it was a name that made his heart flutter randomly and made him stop thinking about the storm. Then rumbling sounds. He whimpered, yet again, in fear.

In the other side of the door was a busy Heesun. She heard noises from outside, "Who's there?" She wasn't asleep yet since she was too busy, trying to finish whatever the story she was reading. Sleep was not in her vocabulary at the time being.

Then the door opened, revealing a very scared Jungkook. Her heart melted at the sight of the poor boy, "Jungkook, what's wrong?" The boy closed the door shut and slowly took small steps as made his way to Heesun's bed, "S-storm," but then he heard crashing sounds of the thunder. He fell down on his knees, making Heesun shot up from her bed and go beside him, "Are you alright?"

The boy shook his head immediately, ".. I have astraphobia." The girl was then speechless, "You're afraid of thunders," and the boy added, "And lightning!" Thunder crashes. "Ah!" he wrapped his arms around her. Heesun was having these second thoughts about Jungkook making a move on her, or something but it quickly went away when she felt him shivering, "Go to the bed."

Heesun stood up and helped the limping Jungkook as they went to bed. When he finally got to sit, he immediately went inside of the covers, hearing the loud crashes of the thunder. The girl sighed since she didn't know what to do anymore and went back to her place in her bed to continue reading. She was honestly lucky that her bed was queen-sized but if it was not, she'd be doomed, big time.

Jungkook had calmed down when the thunder didn't come anymore and had the courage to ask his girlfriend, "Why are you reading at a time like this?" She answered simply, "It's a book report." He shook his head, "No, I didn't mean that! Why are you reading when there's rain?"

"I like reading while there's rain, it feels relaxing."

"Well, for me it's not!"

Heesun tried to contain her laughter by biting her lip. They were conversing each other which was a good sign although it was not a good thing for her. "Doesn't it disturb you? Since it's noisy and disturbance will take your focus away--"

"If you'll shut up then there won't be anymore disturbance." Thunder crashes. If you're wondering what would be the reason why the boy would be whimpering in fear while burrying his face on to the pillows like that, if it's either the storm, or Heesun. It's actually both. He was afraid of both. If you got it right, then congratulations. He was even thinking of leaving the room before his girlfriend turns into a lion, or something scary.

But Heesun wasn't that cold-hearted, she felt guilt when she snapped like that. She huffed and looked at her completely scared less boyfriend, "Who was the girl earlier?" and the question was typically out of nowhere. Jungkook looked up at her, "She's a schoolmate. Why are you asking? Are you jealous?" And the answer that he got was the answer that he already expected, "No," although after a few-second pause, he was stunned at the next response that made his life and existence a little more meaningful,

"I was furious."

And she told Myungsoo that she wasn't jealous. What a liar. Jungkook pretended that he didn't hear anything and contained the joy inside of him, he reached out for her hand and held it, "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings even if it was a tiny bit." Heesun gawked at him, "Don't play dumb. You heard it, didn't you?" And the boy would still lie, "Heard what?" looking innocent as possible.

She sighed, "Whatever. Just go to sleep." The boy happily obliged and slept with his hand still holding on to her's. The girl felt uneasy and happy at the same time. Surprisingly, she already ended the whole book but she couldn't understand a single sentence that she was reading. Her mind was messed up. And so she flipped back to the recent pages to read that particular part, again, with a sigh.

Minutes passed and their position was still like that while the rain was still pouring hard. Heesun looked at the time, it was already 1 AM. She thought if she will go to sleep, or not since she wasn't finished reading yet. Although she still has tomorrow so she kept the book on the little desk beside her bed. Then she heard a set of whimpering sounds beside her as the hold on her hand was getting tighter.

"Ah!" She practically jumped her up on the bed as she was startled at Jungkook's sudden shout. "I had a nightmare," he stated while staring hard on the pillow beside him. "What is it?" she asked, curious. He turned around to lie on his back, not letting go of the girl's hand, "It was about you, Heesun." She frowned, "Go on."

"You jumped off a cliff."

Her frown got worse. How was that a nightmare? Or so she thought herself. It was just an ordinary dream, there was nothing terrifying about it. "Why are you so afraid?" she asked, half-jokingly like she couldn't even believe him. He looked at her with a sincere stare, "I was afraid of losing you."

Jungkook ples.

It was getting repulsive as the time goes by.

 

~~~~

 

Morning.

Sun shining, birds chirping, the sky was really brighter than usual like not a thunderstorm happened last night. And there was not a soul that had astraphobia. Yeah, everything was fine.

In the Kim's Residence, everyone woke up and are now eating breakfast. All ten of them, including the Kims' mother. Not like there wasn't enough room since the house was like a mansion. A little too much to fit in four people indeed.

None of them even minded about waking up the two particular people that were still sleeping. They do know that they aren't there and they also know that they're together. They had a clue since the boys saw one of them go upstairs without even the other one's brother's consent. Jin was having worries at the moment while his two other brothers and mother will convince him that his sister's boyfriend wouldn't do such a thing.

Such a thing that could be the cause of his death.

So, how about we go to the other side of the rainbow and check on what they are doing, shall we?

Inside of Heesun's bedroom, the owner of the room was asleep while the visitor was awake, fully awake, and is absolutely shocked that he saw his girlfriend, asleep beside him with one of his arms laid on her waist, hugging her. While she, she was asleep, looking like an innocent child. He stared at the features of her face, from her closed eyes, the tip of her nose, until his eyes landed on her lightly opened lips. Closer, his face leaned on to her. He leaned closer and closer and closer until he felt her breathe.

Ugh.

"No," he struggled-- stopped and leaned back, again. Luckily, Jungkook was thinking straight and was thought the ways of respecting a woman when he was little by his father. His father was a wise man. He thought that it will be wrong about taking advantage of a sleeping person, especially if it had a split-personality. Jungkook was taught well. His parents must be proud.

Then he felt something snaking around his waist, he froze. Because he knew that one particular thing that s around him. It was Heesun's arm. Is she half-awake, or is this just a habit? Those were the questions. He was frozen. There was such devastatedness written all over his face as it was turning red bit by bit.

Heesun fluttered her eyes open and then stared at Jungkook's eyes for a while. She closed them, again, "I'm dreaming." He was frozen, "Uhm, no, you're not."

" it then," she said, "I don't care anymore," and nuzzled her face against the boy's chest, hugging him tightly. He was frozen. He was trying to say something but he just couldn't because his teeth was chattering and he'll end up stutter. He was in his awkward state and he didn't eat anything sweet. There was no doubt that he was feeling like this. He actually hated it.

Then the door swung open, revealing, "What the hell are you two doing?" an unimpressed Taehyung and a terrified Jimin. Jungkook just looked at them while Heesun pretended that she didn't hear anything and continued sleeping.

In all seriousness, their sleepover ended well.

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Are you satisfied?

 

 

 

Updated:
June 15, 2015