Five

Why Do I Love You, Again?

Reason to Smile

 

Heesun's Point of View

"I know that you children have heard about the 'School Switch' that we are having this month," our homeroom teacher started to discuss, "Due to the reason that Hang San High's principal is related with our principal. They thought about making their students be friends with each other." Everyone in class groaned. Series of "That's so lame." "This will be so troublesome." "Are they hipsters?" were all over the place.

Though, I didn't like the idea of making this. This is the first time they've thought of it. And I don't see a reason why they make it. It only interferes our studies-- And now that I think about it.. It's actually not a bad idea.

"Say," somewhat interruption by one of our classmates, "I've heard that most of the students there are really good looking!" Everybody kept quiet, including my friend here, Soojung. "Seriously?!" Or so they all said.

I sighed when I saw the word victorious written all over my particular classmate's face. Feeling accomplished, on how she knew that she was the first one to know about the 'good news' she told to our classmates.

Well not being mean and such but the attractive students here are pretty endangered. That's why my classmates, or even my other schoolmates out there, look like they're hungry wolves getting ready to someone up.

Pretty terrifying, I know.

"And because all of you are getting worked up with the news, us teachers have decided to pick the students who will transfer," again, everyone whimpered, "So, I'm giving the lucky ones an advanced Congratulations!" I chuckled. What a funny teacher, making all his students pissed off like that.

I laid my head on Jung's shoulder, which gave her such a shock, "Eh? Is the wind blowing in the wrong direction and you're being all touchy right now?" I scoffed, "Shut up."

Mr. Seo, the teacher, came back again with his list, "We decided to pick the students, who are in the top 10 of the class in each classroom." Wow, how I wonder if I'm there.

I sat up straight, actually waiting for my name to be heard... "Our top 4 is Kim Heesun."

Aaaand there it is!

"How delightful," I suddenly whispered, which making Soojung look at me suspiciously. "Don't be like that. I'm happy that I'm one of the top students." Still smiling, she turned her head in front while nodding.

"For all the students that are transfering, there will be a meeting with the principal later. That's all," Mr. Seo stated and left the classroom after saying that it's already morning break. "What the heck?!" Soojung said, looking very devastated like she just witnessed how body wastes are made, "I'm not included, like what the hell?" I chuckled at her reaction.

"Ah, whatever. I'm buying food, what do you want to have?" She stood up from her seat. I gave her my money, "Anything, as long as you put strawberry yogurt." Soojung then left the classroom.

I stretched up my arms and closed my eyes. I'm going to another school. Tch. Freaking principals, being all friendly and . And freaking friendly people, they just had to exist. Why do I feel so left out?

Then I opened my eyes, seeing not one of a soul leaving behind this classroom. I was left alone. I blew up my bangs. This feels vexing.

"Heesun-ssi!" My eyebrows perked up in the call as I looked out of the window to see Jungkook smiling at me. When he saw me look, he waved. He was resting his arms on the window sill while the window was open. Still sitting, I turned my body to face him and opened my window, "Where's Taehyung oppa?"

Jungkook looked behind him and then faced me, "He's not here," once again, smiled. There's something wrong, "Is there something you're happy about, or are you just plain crazy?" He shook his head, "I'm just happy that I'm not going to transfer." Oh, great. I get to see him there. "It's not something to be happy about so wipe that smile off your face!"

He pouted. Well that's not something I see all day! "You're mean. Just admit that I look handsome while smiling," I raised a brow at him, "Who are you, again?"

"I'm Jeon Jungkook. The guy that makes your heart go doki-doki."

"What the hell? You're not like this the other time you went to our house. What happened?"

{note: doki-doki is a Japanese version of the beating of the heart. More like badump-badump}

"Nothing.. Are you going to transfer?" I nodded at his question. He smiled, yet again. I made a weird face, "Don't you get tired of smiling? I'm getting pissed, you see." He shrugged, "I guess I'm just happy to see you." Is that a pick up line? But wait, why does this seem so familiar?

 

YAY! FLASHBACK!

Narrator's Point of View

"Stop smiling! You're making me angry!" Says the 6-year-old Heesun to a particular boy who was smiling, no, specifically laughing at her, "Nope. You look really cute, Heesunie!" Heesun continued to whine at the boy but not changing the fact how her face went to all shades of pink to red.

The boy continued to giggle, seeing how frustrated Heesun was while trying fit into her little gown all by herself. He didn't try to help her since she said herself that she was a big girl and she can do things herself. That's what she said. "Heesunie, let me help you," the boy said still smiling.

"No!" She made a frowning face because of the struggle and adding how stubborn he was to her. But the real stubborn one here is her. "Kunpi-oppa will just tease Heesunie, again," she pouted. The boy shook his head with a small smile on his face, "No, I won't. Kunpi-oppa will promise."

Heesun still didn't trust him, "Why is oppa still smiling?" The 8-year-old boy answered simply, "It's because I'm happy to see you." Heesun gave him a bored look, "Oppa's saying stupid things, again."

END OF FLASHBACK

 

".. being irritating."

Jungkook titled his head because he couldn't clearly understand what Heesun was saying, "Pardon?"

"I said, 'Stop being irritating'."

His heart ached. Of course, who wouldn't be sad hearing from your crush to stop being irritating. Jungkook did nothing wrong to be honest, or so Heesun thought. But it doesn't change the fact that he was reminding her someone. And on the other hand, the boy really had no idea why he was smiling all of a sudden the moment they spoke to each other. He just came into the conclusion that he was happy about it. He was really expecting to be all awkward like Jin.

Though, remembering about their distance, he became more comfortable with her.

"I-I'm sorry," the boy stuttered, not even knowing what to do. Heesun hung her head low, now looking at the grass from the grounds in the gap between her school and Jungkook's, "I'm sorry, too. It's just that you remind me of Kunpi oppa," she then smiled bitterly.

"Who's that?" She thought for a moment if she should tell him, or not, "I'll tell you that if we're close enough," she then wiggled her eyebrows. The boy sighed, seeing her being energetic, again. Well, that's what he thought.

He was panicking for a second there, "Aren't we close enough? You even called me 'Mr. Frying Pan' earlier." She giggled, "Oh, yeah," while bitting the insides of her cheeks. Being the observant one he is, Jungkook noticed that, "Why are you biting back your smile?"

Heesun rested her chin with both of her palms, "I would probably look horrible while smiling." And Jungkook did the same but with one hand, "I bet you would look winsome when you smile." The girl furrowed her eyebrows, "What the hell, guy?" and chuckled.

The boy tried his best not to blush because of the sudden statement that he spoke. It was not intentional, or so he thought, he just blurted it out. Thinking randomly, he said, "I was stating a fact. You shouldn't just say that you're ugly; you're the opposite of that. But I'm not saying that Namjoon hyung is handsome."

Heesun suddenly laughed which made Jungkook's insides have a little party. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't be delighted seeing your beloved crush laughing because of you. But for some reason, Heesun halted, ".. Did I just laugh?" Slowly, Jungkook nodded. She snickered, "Well, that's a first."

"Yeah, I wasn't ready for it," he really means it, "Never would've thought you would laugh, though." Not biting her cheeks anymore, she smiled, "It's true. Namjoonie oppa isn't really that handsome."

(a/n: I am seriously hating on Namjoon in this one Idk why, lol)

And this goes on, making it officially the bestest day of Jungkook's life. If bestest was a word, which isn't. Be it the first time seeing Heesun smiling and he was the reason for it. Although he was scolded by the younger one earlier, for reminding her of someone irritating for her but it doesn't change the fact that she was happy because of him.

"By the way, could we exchange numbers?" Jungkook's heart stopped for a moment there, (no he's not going to die) "Why?" Heesun shrugged, "Since you and Taetae oppa are the only ones that I know there, I think I should have something to keep in touch with. Because you know, it's scary to be alone."

Was she shy? Or so he thought. "Sure.." He accepted the invitation, hiding the very fact on how happy he was in the moment. He was now holding her phone, it was smaller than his. And it was in the same color. Red. "You like the color Red?"

"No, it was the last color that I could find."

Aw. Sorry, Kookie. Better luck next time, lol.

They exchanged their phones, again. Heesun checked what name Jungkook saved himself in. She scoffed, "What's this? 'Knight-in-shining armor', you say?" He just shrugged, looking all innocent. Heesun shook her head while changing the name of Jungkook in her phone. He asked, "What did you change it into?"

"Jungkook oppa," she answered. He said a small okay then tried to process what she just said in his head. He somehow mentally exploded, "Wha-- why?" Heesun was dumbfounded, "What do you mean? You're older than me, aren't you? Don't even tell me that you're only 15 years old!"

Jungkook couldn't contain the happiness that was overflowing inside of him, "Oh. It's just that I was too used to some noonas around me. I never really heard someone call me oppa."

"Neither did a boy?"

"Now you're just kidding with me."

"Haha!"

"Ehem!" Both of them were surprised at the sudden voice, especially Jungkook, who was looking at the person behind Heesun. She looked back, confused, to see Soojung smiling at her creepily, holding up their trays of food, "Hey. Nice to see the two of you being all close and sharing phone numbers to each other and all but.." she went to Heesun's side and hung her arm around her shoulders,

 

Heesun’s Point of View

"Has this thing called love begin to float around the two of you yet?"

I gawked at her and removed her arm around me, "What? Of course, not." I looked to my front because I've heard someone calling Jungkook. He turned around, I saw the person and it was Taehyung. "Eh? Are you talking to Heesun?" He had this goofy smile on his face.

"Not anymore," Jungkook sighed and gave me a little smile, which I gave back. He closed the window but I can still see how Taehyung was jumping around the room like a kangaroo. It was my turn to sigh as I turned around in my seat, facing the white board. To my surprise, Soojung's face was too close. I pushed her, "God, unnie! off!"

She flicked my forehead, "Who gave you the permission to curse, young lady!? And who would've thought that you two would get so close in just two days!" She looked like a sasaeng fan to be honest. I ignored all of the things that she blabbered about.

Not until she ended it with one sentence that grabbed my full attention and made me as curious as a gossip girl.

"Poor Zimin though."

What?

 

 

 


Author's Note:

I have nothing to say, lol.

 

 

 

Updated:
May 9, 
2015