Twenty

Why Do I Love You, Again?

Everyone has their Reasons

               

Narrator's Point of View

"Hi, Haeunie," Heesun greeted the said girl, rather awkwardly and waved then looked at the boy beside her, "Bambam, what are we waiting for? We'll be late for class," and went inside the room before him. He sighed, "That's what I said."

All three of them went to their respective seats at the same time when their teacher came. And as the time goes by, Heesun wasn't comfortable at all. She felt the other students’ stares at her like they were making a hole out of her head. She was confused, never in her life that she had this much attention.

Her best friend looked at her at the time being, asking her if she was alright because he felt that she was being uneasy. And the typical her, who doesn't want anyone to worry for her, said that there was nothing. Of course, Bambam didn't approve the given answer when she continued ignoring him.

 

~~~~

 

After some classes that have ended, it was lunch break. Bambam invited Heesun to come with him, once again, but she declined pulling Haeun with her to the cafeteria.

"Heesun-ssi, what's wrong?" asked Haeun who Heesun just smiled and shook her head at, "Nothing. I just needed some space, away from them." The other girl just nodded, feeling worried.

Well, just because she had a mission of poisoning the other girl doesn't mean that she won't have a feeling of guilt. Heesun was the first friend that she'd ever got ever since she stepped in her fate of being a highschooler. She was very happy at the time that she and her became friends. It felt like a dream come true.

Although, there was still a particular someone pulling her back.

Heesun made Haeun sit in front of her, for her to keep an eye if the other girl was finally up to something. Not buying any food yet, Heesun picked up her phone and sent a message to her brother.

To: Monkey who came from the stars
Oppa! I won't sit with you guys today, or maybe tomorrow, too, and next week.. Until the end of the month.
I just had some problem, sorry. I still love you though!

Heesun stood up, "What do you want to eat?" Haeun was surprised at the girl's sudden invite, "I-I'll just have what you're having." Hee smiled, "Okay," and left.

Haeun was left there, smiling all by herself. She never would've thought that having a friend would make her this happy. But there was still a voice in the back of her mind, provoking her. Would she do it? Will she attempt to kill her first friend? Will she do this in the name of her family? She stopped thinking when she felt presence from behind her,

"Haeunie, how's it going?"

"Y-Yunseo-ssi."

Great, just great. The girl who forced her to do such a thing just came in the picture, "Have you done it yet?" Hesitantly, Haeun shook her head, gulping by the end of it. "Then, why are you making me wait? You know the consequences when you won't do it, right?" Haeun nodded immediately.

Of course, she knows. That's why she was forced to do it. Because her father might get in jail.

 

~~~~

 

From: Jungkook oppa
What's this I heard from Tae hyung that you're not coming over?
I thought that you didn't want to get closer to Haeun anymore.

From: Short ab-ed man
Why aren't you coming over?
Do you hate me now?!
I haven't done anything to you yet!

Ignoring Jimin's message-- wait.

To: Short ab-ed man
What the heck do you mean by 'yet'?!

Now ignoring Jimin's other message, this was the first time that Jungkook sent a text to Heesun. The girl almost forgotten that she had the boy's number ever since the events that happened and passed. She felt her heart tingling over her chest at the sudden excitement as she was sending her reply.

It was actually something that she never felt before.

To: Jungkook oppa
Remember what I planned to do?
I'm too kind for this. I can tell her that I know so if she had problems I can help her.

What she said was true though. She had intentions of helping Haeun even if it kills her.. rather not though. Remembering the part that she was about to get poisoned, made shiver her in fear.

Heesun stopped when she saw a girl that was standing in front of their table, talking to Haeun that made the girl be in a troubled situation. She didn't walk any closer but just watched and saw how terrified Haeun was being next to the other girl.

Is this girl what they call 'Queenka'? Heesun asked herself as if someone would answer her question. But someone did! "The girl that's talking to your friend is Lee Yunseo." Heesun turned to the girl, who answered her. Eyeing her uniform, she guessed that she's in Hang San High which was obvious. "She's a queenka here if that's what you're thinking."

"Can you tell me something about her?" Heesun asked. The girl told her everything that she knew in her school. This girl was on Heesun's side since she didn't like how Yunseo was treating others. Instead of being a kind role model like Heesun expected, Yunseo was the complete opposite of that. She was mean, naughty, stubborn, spoilt and all of the adjectives that could be negative.

Heesun was disappointed; on the other hand, she was looking at Yunseo when the girl was telling the things about her personality. Yunseo was, honestly, a really pretty girl and looks like a super model.

"You look like someone that could give justice, or something, Heesun-ssi." Heesun chuckled at the girl's remark. "I hope that you could just transfer here for good," she frowned. Heesun showed her bright smile before saying, "Don't worry. I'll make sure I'll do something in this kind of school since I had four my sidekicks with me." The girl gave her a look, "And who would that be?" Heesun smiled, again,

"Those four smiling boys over there," she pointed at Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook and Bambam who were all waving at her to get her attention. The people who were sitting with the girl that Heesun was talking to looked at them with her then turned to Hee, again, shocked, "No way."

She giggled, "Yes way," and left them there. She noticed that Yunseo wasn't there anymore, only a Haeun who was staring at mid-air. She called over to her, making her jump from her seat. "I'm sorry if I scared you," Heesun giggled and passed the other her tray of food. They started eating. Silence was encircling around them.

Instead of Heesun being nervous being with Haeun, it was the other way around. The question 'should I do it?' has kept on ramming into her mind ever since she came. She was staring into Heesun's cup every time that the other girl looked away.

When she was pulling out the bottle, Heesun began to speak, "Haeunie, have you ever wondered why my personality changed ever since we went here in Hang San?" Now that you said it, or so Haeun thought, "Yes, is it alright if I asked why?" Heesun nodded and smiled, "It's because I reunited with my best friend who was long gone 10 years ago."

Haeun hung open, shocked, thinking how strong Heesun was to be separated to someone important to her in a very long time. She held up all her courage to ask, "Who?" Heesun answered, "Bambam." Haeun understood though since the two were very close to each other. "He left me without saying goodbye. But I still accepted his apology since I clearly understood his reason."

Haeun nodded and still kept quiet. Would Heesun forgive her if she did something wrong to her? It's not like she really wanted it but if she didn't her father might end in up in prison. She didn't want to have someone that she loves to be there, of course. Even so there was still a question that also kept her thinking,

What if she told her about it?

".. Heesun-ssi, I.." She started and bit her lip. "You?" Heesun asked, actually waiting for the other to finally tell her everything. "I--"

"WHAT?!"

Heesun's eye twitched because she already knew where that voice came from, it was Bambam. She turned to look at the boys from earlier. They were looking back at her, too. The three from Bangtan were giving her nervous looks while the one from Got7-- "Kim Heesun, how dare you not tell me everything?! I've been your best friend for the past 10 years!" Bambam was terribly causing a scene.

He left though, or so she thought before rolling her eyes and turning back to Haeun, "What is it that you wanted to say?" She asked calmly, not making her feel any nervousness. "Ah, I.." Haeun started, watching how Bambam was walking towards the two them, giving Haeun a frightening stare. If only looks could kill, she would've been dead long ago.

"C-can we settle this outside the school?" Haeun finally asked.

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Haeun's a good girl, everybody.
Don't think that kind of way.
Not all people that are doing something bad are really that bad.
Some are probably doing it as a favor to protect their loved ones.
I am teaching you about life here.
Not about my life, lol.
No, really. I just saw it in movies.
But it can also be my life, no one will ever know..

 

 

 

Updated:
May 19, 2015