Fifty-nine

Why Do I Love You, Again?

New Neighbor and Mr. Bird

 

Heesun's Point of View

"Hee."

I looked up from the book that I was reading to see Kim Namjoon's freaking face too close to mine with a freaking smile on it. How terrifying. "What?" I spat. He frowned as he leaned backwards while wiping his face with his hands, "I thought of giving this book to you but it seems like you're too busy spitting on to someone's face."

I giggled without any sound coming out of my mouth, "I'm sorry. You just scared me with your face and--" and noticed that I only made it worse, "I won't say anything anymore." He stared at me with a straight face, "Yeah, nevermind giving this to you," started to walk out of my room.

"Hey, wait!" I said, still laughing a bit, "I'm sorry, oppa! What is that anyway?" He walked back towards my bed and sat beside me, showing me the book that he had. And gosh, was big. That sounded wrong. "It's a fantasy story where everyone dies in the end." I gawked at him while he had this wide smile on his face.

I hit him, "What the actual , dude?" He hit me the back of my head then, "I'm kidding. Only one dies, actually." I faced my palm, "Really?" What's this guy's IQ, again? 148, right? Yeah, I got to remind myself that everytime.

"Okay. I found this book in the attic one time and just finished reading it. It's really good. It's funny, amazing and everything. It's like a children's book but it's not. So I want you to read it too because you're a child." To be honest, that was the most motivational opinion I have ever heard. Not (.) Gonna lie.

"Really?" I said, somehow uninterested while playing with my phone. I noticed that Namjoon wasn't saying anything so I looked at him. He kept a straight face and stood up, "You don't deserve this book. A great book comes with great responsibility." I held his arm, stopping him from walking away, "Multiple sorries! I'll read it, I'll read it!"

He gave me the book and reached his hands out to pinch both of my cheeks. "Aw!" I shrieked and pulled away from him. He ruffled my hair before leaving my room, "Read every part of it." 

I opened the book that he kept babbling about. Honestly, it was the nth time that he told me about this book because everytime he sees me, he keeps on yapping about how pretty the story this has, "Does anyone fall in love in the end?" What a very interesting question, indeed.

It has a lot of pictures in here, it was all pretty. I'm tempted to read it. Just when I was about to read the first paragraph, someone came in my room. I looked up to see my mother, "Heesun, honey, could my lovely daughter do a favor for me?" My eyebrows furrowed, "What?"

"Bring these cookies to our new neighbor."

 

~~~~

 

Outside.

Really.

I just woke up. Doesn't mom even realize that I'm too tired and lazy to even do anything? I thought she loved me. Lol, I'm acting like Bambam.

So some news for you guys; basically, the conversation with Taehyung and Miyoung ended well. I told Taehyung that I was sorry but I didn't promise that I'm not going to do the same thing in the future. He accepted it. He accepted the fact that his little sister was a little piece of . 

It was too good to be true, though. When Haeun said that their feelings were mutual, I almost felt happiness radiating inside of my body. I ship it so hard.

Now for that new neighbor that mom speaks of, it's really far away from our house. Good thing that it was obvious to tell which house it was, the delivery truck. How magnificent. I took a deep breath because for some reason, I was getting nervous, before clicking the doorbell. I got too shocked to see the person who opened the door,

"Oh, hi."

"Hello."

Jagi, what are you doing here?

 

~~~~

 

Narrator's Point of View

Park.

"So tell me, why am I here?"

Yoongi exchange glances at the two people whom were sitting on each of the seats beside him. To his left, there was Miyoung awkwardly looking at a distance and to his right was Taehyung who was looking like he wasn't giving any , innocently eating his pasta.

As you can see, Yoongi doesn't have any idea why he was with these two. All he knew was Taehyung went by his music shop and pulled him out, not forgetting to switch the sign from open to closed and then they were here. Yoongi was confused to see Miyoung sitting alone in the park so he chose to sit beside her.

He was assuming that the two were together before he even came. So, to be precise, the real question here was what in the world was the problem now?

Taehyung burped and turned to his hyung, "Hyungnim, I want to ask you, do I deserve to be ignored?" The older blinked, shocked because of the sudden question that came from the younger. What was going on between these two? They aren't dating yet, right? Yes, a 'yet' was needed. And so he nudged on Miyoung, "Miyoung-ah, look at me."

The girl obliged with a tired look on her face and a hum. Yoongi started, "Who do you like?" Miyoung looked offended and scoffed, "Where did that come from?" The questioned boy then kept a straight face, "Who do you like?" Even though it was obvious, he still wanted to hear it from her. "No one!" Miyoung then looked at some other place where there's neither Yoongi nor Taehyung.

"Who do you like?" Yoongi was persistent that made the girl ruffle her hair in irritation, "How many times are you going to ask?!" The other looked at her in the eye, "As many times as it takes for you to say Taehyungie's name," which made the other boy cough and choke on his pasta. He chugged down his glass of water and whined, "Hyung!"

The older looked at him with a bored look and shrugged, "What? There's nothing wrong with what I said, right?" Miyoung, on the other hand, stood up from her seat and walked off towards God-knows-where without even telling a single word to either of the boys.

"Miyoung-ah!" was all Yoongi had to say.

 

~~~~

 

Jeons' Residence.

"Oh, who are you?" Jungkook's mother asked to the certain girl that was standing by their doorway. "She's my girlfriend," Jungkook answered for the girl, not even breaking eye contact with her. And all of a sudden, the girl, Heesun, blinked and semi-blushed because of the boy's answer although not forgetting to bow to show respect for his mother.

How sweet tho.

His mother beamed, with tons of delightedness radiating inside of her body, "How nice! What's your name, dear?" Heesun felt uneasy. Not because she doesn't like being treated like that (more like who wouldn't) but the fact that she couldn't believe that her boyfriend's mother accepted her just like that, "Kim Heesun, ma'am."

Jungkook's mother gave her a grin, "Heesunie, come inside," and pulled Heesun inside of their house, not even minding her own son who was too perplexed at his mother's actions. I mean, he was expecting her to be snobbish and what not, knowing that her son had another girlfriend.

He was utterly confused, of course.

"How sweet of you to visit right after we arrived here," his mother continued, not removing the smile on her face. And Heesun remained nervous, "Well, my mom asked me to give these to our new neighbor," and held out the bag of cookies to give it to her, "But I didn't expect it to be Jungkook and his family," trailing her eyes towards the boy beside her.

"Which reminds me, your mother came by earlier so I guess that she did this on purpose and this bag of cookies, isn't it?" the woman opened the bag and revealed, yeah, "I knew it." Heesun sighed because things are becoming too irrational and so she thought, what a scheming mother that I have.

"I'll be in the kitchen for a while," the boy's mother stated and turned her back to the couple, "While the two of you can have a little bit of fun. Okay, Kookie?" She looked over her shoulder and gave her son a wink. She then left the two alone. "You have a fun mother," Heesun giggled while Jungkook scoffed at her, "Oh, please. She's annoying me," making her frown at him, "Where's your father by the way?"

He shrugged, "He's at work." While Heesun wanted him to light up a bit, "Well, I think he's a bit less annoying than your mother?" but that bit seemed to not light him up, "You don't know my parents, Hee. Their the perfect pair for annoyance." With that being said, the woman from kitchen heard it of course, "Jeon Jungkook, one more word, you're not eating dinner," making the girl from the living room giggle and the boy frown.

"Oh, c'mon. I mean, I was supposed to surprise you, not you surprising me."

"Well, I was surprised."

"That's not what I meant!"

The girl scratched her head in annoyance, "Okay. Enough. You don't want me to leave yet, do you?" The boy then shook his head with a sad face. "Then what do you want to do?" Jungkook lightened up and pulled her towards the stairs, "I'll show you my room!" Little did they know that Jungkook's mother was only hiding inside the kitchen, listening to their conversation and is happy to hear how her son was this happy to be with Heesun.

Yeap.

 

~~~~

 

Park.

"What's the point of following me, even?"

"Good question but wait.. let me breath."

Yoongi placed his hands on his knees as he was catching his breath for catching up with Miyoung who was running away from them. And Taehyung was just behind him, currently eating a cone of ice cream in his hand, walking towards them like there's no care in the world. The older man turned to him and shouted, "How are you so calm when you're the reason for this?!"

Taehyung just shrugged, continuing to on his ice cream. It might not be obvious but he ws mad at Miyoung because she has been ignoring him ever since for no reason at all. What was the problem, again? Or so she wanted to ask the girl.

The eldest out of the three of them walked closely towards the girl and held both of her shoulders to look into her guilty eyes, "Miyoung-ah, I know that you know that I'm not the type of person who likes to be in the middle of some other people's mess," he sighed, "Heck, I didn't even asked to be here in the first place.

Look, Heesun told me that you confessed to him already," and said in a whisper which made the girl's eyed become larger. Large as a saucepan. "To be specific, she told it to everyone. It's actually a good decision for her to say it. You know why? Because we don't really understand what's happening between the two of you.

You're being secretive meanwhile Taehyung, he changes the subject whenever we ask him. It pisses me off, you see." Miyoung then looked down to her toes and mumbled a little, "I'm sorry." Yoongi sighed, "You're telling that to the wrong person." Her eyebrows furrowed and whined in a whisper, "I don't want to!" He whined back, "Well, it's not like you two will have to ignore each other until one of you blows up! Tell him you're sorry and my job here is done."

Miyoung glared at the snickering Yoongi as she was slowly walking towards the munching boy that was alone for a moment, watching how the birds are flying up in the sky, "Taehyung-ah." The said boy looked at her and then smile, letting his eyes turn into crescents before looking back at the birds. She took a deep breath, "I'm sorry?" and shook her head, "Oh, wait, I sound insincere."

Remind yourselves that Yoongi is just behind them, with his arms crossed, looking like a proud father.

"Look, Tae, I'm sorry if I ignored you, again. Honestly, I don't even know why I did that. I just felt uncomfortable with you for some reason that made me ignore you. I'm really sorry if I made you upset. Let's be friends again, okay?" She tilted her head to slightly see the boy's face that was verging into tears.

Wait, what the f--?

Confused, Miyoung turned to where Taehyung was looking at and so did Yoongi. Turned out that Taehyung was looking at a bird that got shot by a gun that came out of nowhere. Miyoung looked at the sobbing boy then and got shocked when he abruptly hugged her, "Mr. Bird's dead, Miyoung-ah!" and continued to cry.

The girl would only be confused and bothered at the same time while patting the boy's back to comfort him. Yoongi then sighed at the teenagers in front of him and slowly walked away, saying under his breath, "The ship has sailed."

 

~~~~

 

Outside Jeons' Residence.

"Do I have to walk you home?"

"No, you're not done tidying up, right?"

Jungkook then nodded with a smile on his face while Heesun showed a slight one. Just when he was about to close the door, he asked the girl, "Do I have kiss you goodbye, or something?" which made her surprised, "Uhm, a hug would be good." And with no hesitation, she wrapped her arms around the boy's waist. She ended up laughing and let go immediately.

Nothing's funnier than seeing the shocked look on her boyfriend's face as he was frozen in his spot, looking at her like she was out of her mind. "How are you stiff?!" she asked him and slapped his cheeks with both of her hands. "Aw!" he shrieked in a very not pleasant way, "Leave already!" and jokingly shoo-ed her away. Heesun pouted before turning away with a glare for him.

"Be careful on your way!"

"I won't!"

So Heesun has to hike herself back to her house which was good for her because she needed some exercise although she was too lazy to even do some. And so for it not to be long, she finally got to her house and opened the door. She was greeted by a Myungsoo who was silently sitting on the sofa. She walked towards him, "Myungsoo? What are you doing here?"

Myungsoo was half-startled when he heard her voice behind him and stood up, "I.. I needed to tell you something." The girl tilted her head to the side, gesturing that she was asking what it is. The boy took a deep breath and said the words that the girl was not expecting to hear,

"Kim Heesun, I think I like you."

Oh, damn.

 

 

 


Author's Note:

I love cut scenes.
Cut scenes are my life.
Also cliffhangers although I should be the one who makes them.
I don't want cliffhangers on the things that I read..
Things.
Lol.

 

 

 

Updated:
June 29, 2015