Thirty-seven

Why Do I Love You, Again?

Mystery Singer

               

I'm sorry if I didn't update yesterday.
Lol, enjoy.

Heesun's Point of View

Music Room.

Tuesday. I was practicing my voice that hadn't been out for like a day. Sure, I spoke but it was short-termed and I somehow shouted, once, and screamed which is also once. My voice was somehow husky today when I woke up, alright! It was literally bugging me. It also bugged me when Namjoon asked me if I did it with someone last night.

He was unpredictably unbelievable. How would God let me have a brother like him?!

"Heesun-ah," Eunji, the unnie that is helping me practice with my voice, "Mr. Kim was right. You do have a pretty voice." I awkwardly coughed at the sudden compliment. Really. It was really sudden. "Though you don't have any much confidence in you but you have potential."

Why are you judging me to that extent? I feel like a contestant.

"Too bad that you'll only sing a song that doesn't have any strong notes," she sighed in a disappointed manner while I, why would I be disappointed anyway? I am honestly happy that I won't sing such songs, "What song am I going to sing?" She smiled at me, "It's a secret~" I whined. Why, yes. I, apparently, am now allowed to speak since my sore throat vanished like magic. Well, I just woke up and randomly screamed. There was nothing sore inside. I feel so delighted!

"I won't tell you until I get to pick your partner." With that said, I looked at her cautiously, "I have a partner." Unnie eagerly nodded, "Yeah. But I don't know who to pick yet and don't worry, I won't pick Jungkook," she then winked at me. I cringed. And yes, it appears that this unnie also knows my relationship with Jungkook and Jungkook himself, adding the 'my' there, right before his name.

Eunji unnie is in the same class as them, Tae and Kook, so it's not a surprise that she knows while she, on the other hand, knows me because, somehow, Tae keeps on blabbering about me towards his classmates. Why are my brothers like this? By the way, it was my duty to pick my voice teacher so I picked Eunji unnie. Don't even try to say that it was a small world.

I might cringe.

"Okay," unnie sighed, "That's all for today. I'll call you if I have updates, alright?" I nodded, bowed and went out of the room, only to be surprised at the sudden commotion outside..

Why are there a lot of people outside? Why is it that they are mostly men?

"Heesun-ah! Date me!" I beg your pardon?

"No! She wants me to be her boyfriend! I'm your type, right?" No, please, dude. Your wink seemed like you got hit right in the eye.

"Heesun-ssi! If I date your brother first, then would you mind me dating you next?!" Dude, you homo?

And many, many more comments were abruptly rubbed on my face. I panicked; it feels like these guys are about to me, or something. I quickly looked around if there was someone that was witnessing this current petrifying events then I saw Bambam that was clearly demented about the situation that he was seeing with his own eyes.

"GUYS!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs, just to make these guys, who art in front of thee, stop blabbering . I sighed loudly and gave a small smile, "What THE HELL is GODDAMNED WRONG?!" with the capitalized words said harshly. One of them gulped, "It's just that.. w-we heard you sing.. and it was pretty.. and," one dude was stuttering. Their excuse made me rise up an eyebrow and as I was about to shout something, again, I felt a hand covering my mouth.

"Okay, hyungs. I think you just hit Heesunie's -Mode button on."

I turned, to see that it was only Bambam. Great, your just right in time where Eunji unnie is about to come out, "Oh, dear. What happened, Heesun? I heard shouting." Bambam answered for me and told unnie what happened. "About that," unnie scratched her nape, "It was me singing, sorry to put your hopes down, guys." It didn't though since I can see shimmers in these dudes eyes.

They started to huddle around have a 5-second talk to each other. They turned to face us, again, one of them spoke, "We decided, Eunji-ssi." Eunji unnie gulped, she seemed nervous, "Y-yeah?" All of them bowed in front of her, "We are your fanboys from now on!" and said that in unison. Things were getting weird as the time goes by so Bambam pulled me away from them.

 

~~~~

 

Cafeteria.

From: Eunji unnie
Sorry, Heesun but I accidentally turned the mic on when you were singing.
So it's not a doubt that the whole school has heard you.
I'm really sorry; I'll make it back to you somehow.

This unnie is really persistent. I already told her that she's forgiven already. But I still don't accept the fact that I was given a name already. The freaking 'Enigma'. The word is so deep that I feel like it means that it's an illness or some .

"The Enigma girl was really good at singing," Taehyung started as he was staring at me, "It reminds me of how Hee was singing when she was younger." And Jungkook was too curious, "Doesn't she sing anymore, hyung?" Taehyung shook his head, "She sang once, it was seven years ago when she entered a contest." Bambam in, "How'd she go?"

"She won first place."

I noticed that all of them are gaping at me so I gave Taehyung a look, "Why are you gaping, too when you're the one who said it?" He chuckled and made a disgusting duck face. "And what?! Is it impossible for me to win a singing contest?" I took a spoonful in my mouth and my chewing intensifies because of anger.

But Jungkook.. why do I even like this guy, again? "Hyung, how come she's not singing anymore?" Taehyung was about to say something but Jungkook interrupted him, only to say something irritating, "Is it because her voice became annoying somehow?"

"Yah!" I shouted at him but he didn't seem bothered by it. He just smiled at me like he used to. It looked like he was normal so I just gone with the flow. "But really though!" Suddenly, Bambam came into the scene, "The anemic girl--" Which I corrected, "Enigma!" It was irritating. "Enigma girl really was good. I was just passing by the music room and heard it from there and then I saw Heesun coming outside of it." My eyes widened. "And then Eunji noona came out from it, too!

So I don't know which one to believe in. Though noona said that it was her who sang but it didn't sound like her at all." This was the part where I felt piercing gazes. I gulped, unnoticed, "There was another girl with us, you know. But I won't tell who she is," I confidently said that made Taehyung sulk. "Aw, and for a second, I thought that Hee finally found her talent." I scrunched up my face because he was too.. too.. I can't get the right words..

Though, I got a message.

From: Guy got Sass
It was you, wasn't it?

I almost jumped up from my seat that made Haeun, who was sitting beside me, asked if I was alright. I smiled and nodded a yes. I turned to my other side to see Bambam who was innocently eating his food. I saw his phone beside his hand. We had eye contact a second later, he squint his eyes at me.

To: Guy got Sass
How would you say that?

From: Guy got Sass
I can tell 'cause I am your best friend and I know everything about you, kid.
Now don't play dumb and tell me.
It was you, wasn't it?

I sighed. The dude's got a point and he is my best friend in the first place. How could I hide something from him? He's like a stalker of mine; the only difference is he isn't with me for a very long time. So in summary, he can read all of my movements. The guy's a lie ditector test on legs. He's like NBI's most trusted agent-- Okay, I'm exaggerating.

Well, there's no turning back now, no?

To: Guy got Sass
Nope :P

 

~~~~

 

On the way home.

"Enigma is really a great singer. I hope someone would just scout her and make her an idol already."

"Oh, yeah? I bet you're far worse compared to her."

"It's okay. At least that there's you who'd be the worst."

I am stuck with my boyfriend. I'm honestly not happy about it since all he'd do is tease me.

I put Taehyung for the blame since he let Jungkook in charge of going home with me, when I can clearly go home by myself. Remember chapters before? When I got to met Chanwoo? It wasn't really that great but I got home safely. Lucky me. So why don't this guy just leave me alone?!

"No," he suddenly said, sternly, "I am not leaving you alone. It is my duty as your boyfriend to keep you safe!" I rolled my eyes and just ignored him.

It was just seconds of waiting, the bus came. I stepped inside first, with him following me behind. I chose to sit at the far back part of the bus since it's peaceful there.. and I had to sit with him since it's the last one that was vacant. I sighed and just gone with the flow.

I leaned on the window and watched how the people were walking like tiny ants. It gave me happiness. Until I felt a poke on my shoulder, I turned to the person who was beside me, "Are you mad at me?" he was sulking. I gave him a bored look and gave back my attention to the outside world. "Hee," he whined in a whisper. I can really feel him jumping up and down by his . It wasn't fascinating.

And finally, he shut up. It was a matter of peaceful seconds until he poked my shoulder, again. The dude was getting on my nerves,

"Do you want me to hold your hand? It's cold."

Are you freaking making a move on me, dude? I didn't respond and continued to stare outside, though I was out of focus because I was only focusing on my stubborn boyfriend's words. Then afterwards, I felt something warm wrapping around my exposed hand. The other hand that was below my chin was also feeling warm. You know why? I was practically blushing.

I just let his hand place above mine since he wasn't doing anything suspicious. Seconds later, the next thing I know was his fingers were interlacing between the gaps of mine. My other hand now felt burning so I put in on my lap and just let my forehead lean down the glass window. My eyes were getting drowsy so every now and then I would close my eyes and open them, again. I felt a hand that was pulling me down.

"Ah!" I groaned a little when my head bumped on to something. "Sorry," Jungkook muttered. My head was still processing what happened. Apparently, he pulled me in to make me sleep on his shoulder. I sat straightly so suddenly, with my hand getting away from his hold but he held me tightly, "Hee, I'm sorry if I made you angry. If it's about the Enigma girl, then I sorry that I made you jealous."

I blinked. Blinked, again. And, again. Then giggled a little. Why? Because when I turned to my side to look at Jungkook, I saw him staring intensely at the floor and his face was really flushed. He looked to adorably frustrated. I controlled myself not to pinch his cheeks because that would be harassment, lol. I coughed, "I'm not jealous." Wide-eyed, he turned to me, "You're not?! Aw, heck naw! I fought for that girl for nothing?"

I raised a brow at him. He was only doing that to make me-- Really.. I sighed, "I will never get jealous. Never." He pulled my hand to make me lie my head on his shoulder, again, "Are you sure about that?" with his free hand holding on to my shoulder for me not to sit straight, again.. That sounded somehow wrong.

"I can guarantee that you'll be jealous because of me one day."

"One day, you'll be dead because of me.."

"That wouldn't happen since I've died every single time, waiting for you to tell me that you love me back."

".. Stop that."

"Plus, I told you that I'm sorry for rubbing it on your face that Enigma is a great singer. But it's also okay if you're not though."

I removed his hand that was on my shoulder and sat up straight, again, "Enough with that already--"

"I can bear with the horrible voice since it's you. It's okay for me to hear your singing voice every time. I would hear it every day if I need to. You can scream right through my ears if you have to. I will let you break my eardrums and make me deaf for how horrid your voice would be. That's how I love you, Hee."

I froze. I am not exactly sure I would respond so I just let my heart say what it desires,

"Yeah, I love you, too."

 

 

 


Author's Note:

I love you.

 

 

 

Updated:
June 1, 2015