Thirty-five

Why Do I Love You, Again?

Kim Family

               

Heesun's Point of View

So apparently, Mr. Kim gave me a message to not speak too much, or rather, he told me not to speak at all. He noticed somehow that I always shout for some reason and told me to shut up for a while. It was hurtful. Although, it was for the sake of the presentation that I will do since he said that I will freaking sing a high note.

It feels terrifying. I will screech in the place.

So here I am, in front of the laptop that my brothers gave me, in a Saturday, with a mask that was covering my chin at this moment. I told my brothers about this so Jin oppa asked me to use the small white board, again. Such bummer. However, I refused to do so and there's nothing they can do about it.

Suddenly, some idiotic person pulled me into a chat. Turned out to be Soojung. They were in a group chat. Her, Miyoung and Haeun. They started chatting for quite some time now. I can't blame them for not inviting me even though I'm hurt. I was invisible in the chat earlier.

 

Miyoung: Why aren't we doing our hunt?

 

Please, Miyoung. Just. Please.

 

Soojung: Because I have family matters and I'm in some sort of honeymoon that I don't want.

Miyoung: Jung please. We all know that you like him, too.

Soojung: Shut up.

Haeun: I have important matters to do so I won't come.

Miyoung: Haeun, you're no fun. You're like Jimin, you have no jaems.

Miyoung: You won't know the meaning of being a woman if you'll just stay with your books all day.

Haeun: I don't need it.

Soojung: Haeunie looked really pretty in the wedding. It was my first time seeing her with no glasses. Why don't you do it more often?

Haeun: Can't. I'm more comfortable with glasses. Plus, once is enough and I already went without it in school.

Miyoung: Want me to break your glasses for you?

Haeun: Unnie, please.

Soojung: Why isn't Heesun typing anything?

Miyoung: Oh, she's here? Yah! Don't just sit there and stare at your monitor, freaking twerp!

Haeun: Hee, are you doing anything important? And why is Young unnie so mean to you?

Soojung: I think I know the reason why..

Soojung: Youngie, we already told you that we're sorry. Could you please forgive Heesun already?

Miyoung: You're forgiven but not the child. I'm really pissed off here.

Heesun: I told you that I'm sorry. So why don't you just accept the fact that you like my brother?

Miyoung: No! I will not fall in love with that half-witted douche bag!

Heesun:

Haeun: Oh, my.

Heesun:

Heesun: At birth, baby elephants weigh about 250 pounds.. making them the biggest babies on earth right after your sorry .

Soojung: It's scary in this place.

Heesun: The queen honey bee has with up to 40 males a day.. just like your mom.

Haeun: I couldn't agree more.

Haeun: And I meant to say that to Soojung.

Soojung: Hahaha! Haeun, you're killing me!

Heesun: The red panda spends most of its adult life alone.. just like you, fcking loser.

Soojung: That statement makes me want to agree with Hee. I can't seem to get the reason why.

Haeun: Unnie.. you're making me laugh..

Heesun: Turkey vultures puke vomit when they see an approaching predator.. or your gross face.

Soojung: Now that's just mean!

Heesun: An owl can hear a beetle scurry in the grass from 100 ft away and you being a little all the way from the other side of this computer.

Heesun: I'm out. Bye guys.

Soojung: Bye!

Kim Heesun is now offline.

Miyoung: I should tell her I'm sorry then?

Haeun: No, say it to Taehyung.

Miyoung: Shut up, Choi.

 

~~~~

 

"That wasn't very nice, Hee," Taehyung told me as he was giving me a disappointed look. "You just don't understand, oppa," I answered him and kept the laptop in my drawer. Apparently Tae saw our conversation but he didn't catch the part where Miyoung called him something that I don't want to repeat.

Only I can call my brother that! And he doesn't deserve to be called that anymore since he's beginning to change somehow. Somehow. Trust me on this.

"Why are you in my room anyway?" I asked him and lied on my bed, putting my mask inside my pocket. "Jin hyung said that we're going somewhere. You don't have any plans, do you?" I shook my head at his question. "We're going to the airport."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "Why?" It was really sudden for us to go there. We're not supposed to go to the airport unless.. I gasped and abruptly sat up from the bed, "Is..?" Taehyung smiled which made me sure of one thing, "Mom's coming home." I smiled and hugged him in glee.

Until some screech came up, "AH!"

Taehyung and I looked at each other and hurriedly went downstairs where the scream came from. We went to the living room to see a Jin that was gripping his hair with a shocked look on his face. "What's wrong, hyung?" Taehyung asked as Namjoon answered for Jin, "The door handle is missing."

My face scrunched up and looked to find what they were talking about. And then I noticed a door to a cabinet that didn't have a handle. Oh. "Where is my door handle?!" Jin continued shouting. I scratched my head in irritation, "How would we even know, oppa? I doesn't seem like the door did have a handle in the first place."

"Nonsense!"

"Why would you even worry about small things so easily?"

"Because the door handle is a part of my life without it I won't be able to move forward and--"

"Kim Seokjin!"

Just what the hell is this oppa talking about?

"It seems like you can't handle this situation," Taehyung tried to calm us down with a lousy joke which didn't give us any calm matters. It was absolutely annoying us. Jin and I gave Taehyung a glare. Namjoon went in front of him and pushed him by the shoulders, "Tae, get out." And Taehyung just had to answer, "How?"

"I will kill him," Jin stated that made me pull him back when he was starting to walk towards Tae. "Oppa, calm the down and Tae," I turned to the said dude, "Stop the puns."

"You do know how I adore you, Hee?"

"Kim Taehyung!"

"Me, too, Hee! Shout my name!" Namjoon suddenly went beside me with a very jolly expression. I hit his arm before saying, "Kim Nam ing Joon!"

 

~~~~

 

Car.

"Oh, my god!"

"What now!" I whined when Jin shouted, again and heard how Namjoon was laughing and enjoying all of this. "I think I left the stove on.." Jin panicked, "! I left the stove on.. What if it burns the house. I can't make tea without a house!" he whined at he was continuing to rub his head rather harshly.

So apparently, his tea is more important than our mother who is finally coming home, again.

And about that, "Don't worry about it, oppa. I turned it off for you and your beloved tea," I stated which made Jin light up for a moment there, "Really?!" I nodded. "Thank God! I love you, Hee! I'm going to give you a kiss later." I chuckled, "Yeah, there's no need for that."

Finally Jin stopped ranting and started to move the car. We were about to go to the airport to pick up our mother. Jin was driving, obviously and us three were in the backseat. Namjoon was in the middle. I moved closer to him and whispered, "What's happening to Jin?" And his answer was beyond me, "He's having his mid-life crisis."

I gawked at him, "Oppa isn't that old and you're only younger than him by two years." He chuckled and said that he was only kidding. This oppa better be, before I could even hit him on the head.

Minutes have passed and we're still inside the car. I glanced to my side, seeing that the my other two brothers are fast asleep. Taehyung was somehow leaning his head on to Namjoon's shoulder, Joonie oppa seemed like a father. I smiled at the sight and looked outside the window, again. "How long is this ride, oppa?" I asked Jin.

"We're almost there, Hee. Don't worry," he assured. I replied with a small hum before yawning. I was about to fall asleep when I felt a vibration on my . Seemed like I had a message.

From: Intruder in S.Korea
I have news for you.
Jungkook just invaded my dorm, asking where you were.
And I was like, 'how the hell should I know?'
I'm not your bodyguard or something.
Forgiven the fact that I was your first love.
;)

The smiley irked me but that didn't change the fact that my face was heating up.

To: Intruder in S.Korea
How'd you know that?

From: Intruder in S.Korea
Namjoon hyung told me and it looks like Kook saw this.
He was peeping behind me, reading all of my texts.
There. He hit me.

I chuckled at how Jungkook was acting to Bambam. And Bambam would just mercilessly give the news to his girlfriend.

To: Intruder in S.Korea
Tell him not to be violent to you.
You're still my best friend.
And also my first love and .

From: Intruder in S.Korea
I am not and thanks to you, he shut up.
Where are you going anyway?
I'm also curious.

To: Intruder in S.Korea
Bros and I are going to the airport.
Mom's coming home.

"We're here," Jin said and stopped the car, making the dudes here beside me wake up and stretch up their arms.

From: Intruder in S.Korea
Kook saw your last message.
And I don't know where he's going to.
Congrats, by the way. :)

 

~~~~

 

Still in the car.

"Hee! You've grown taller, that's a good start!" mom happily gave me a hug. I heard my brothers snickering behind me; I glared at them that made them shut up. "What do you mean 'good start', omma? I fell offended," I frowned.

She pinched my cheek a bit, "That's not what I meant, pabo. And don't mind that anymore. So!" she pulled me closer to her and clung her arm around my neck, "Which one of you guys got a boyfriend/girlfriend?"

My brothers looked at each other, giving knowing looks then afterwards all three of them, at the same time, looked at me, piercing their eyes at me like they were boring holes on my forehead. I gulped and looked at my mom, nervously. She was looking at me like she couldn't believe everything that she knows in her whole life.

"KIM HEESUN, YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?!"

I covered my ears at her sudden scream and I know my brothers did, too. Okay, before anything else and for you guys to know. Our seating arrangement is like this. Taehyung and I were in the backseat along with mom. Namjoon was now sitting in the passenger's seat. The seat that he was supposed to sit on in the first place but chose to sit beside us since he loves us too much. Ha! Okay back to the topic.

"How's your life in China, mom?" Namjoon suddenly asked. "Oh, it's fine, dear. I saw Luhanie there. Oh, and Kris, too!" mom beamed at him and turned her gaze back at me with an intimidating look, "Now back to you." I took a glance at Namjoon who was giving me a hopeless look and told me that he was sorry. It appears that oppa was trying to get me out of the uation. Now I somehow know and understand where Jin came from. It seemed to terrify me. No wonder dad used to be such a scaredy cat.

"Mom," I tried to hold my breath, "Please. I'm already old enough," and sighed. "I get the point that you are but two years is still too many for me!" Why am I getting this déjà vu feeling? "So tell me, who's the lucky guy?" mom smiled at me like an idiot.

Really, why?

Namjoon?

I sighed and was about to say something when mom held out her hand. "Wait! Don't tell me the name yet. I want to see and know him at the same time. I don't want any spoilers."

Spoilers..? I honestly don't want to talk to them anymore. I feel so out casted. Like, I'm the only sane person inside the freaking car.

"Why does Heesun look like she's carrying the whole world behind her back?" Namjoon chuckled as I just glared at him. I'm not in my period neither am having problems of some sort. I just feel tired. And then again, I forgot that I'm not allowed to speak. Well, none of them noticed anyway. Keke. I pulled out the mask that was just staying inside of my jumper short's pocket and placed it on my face.

"You have a cough, honey?" mom asked me, somehow worried. "She has sore throat and has been shouting for quite some time now. It's the only way to make her shut up," Taehyung answered for me, which earned him two slaps on the arm from me and mom. "Her teacher told her not to talk for a while since she's going to sing for their festival," Namjoon corrected. I gave him a thumb up, he smiled back.

Mom snapped, "Oh, that's the reason why I came back! Jinnie told me about it and I'm looking forward to see my little baby girl sing!" and gave me a hug. I giggled and was about to say something as I pulled down the mask and opened my mouth until my brothers said in unison, "Shut up!" I pouted and pulled the mask back up. Mom chuckled and gave me a pat on the head.

 

~~~~

 

Cemetery.

So mom asked if Jin could drive us here,

"Have you guys been visiting you father even?"

Mom gave us three a doubting look. We siblings then looked at each other, exchanging knowing glances then turned back to mother, nodding all the way. It's not like we're lying about not visiting dad. We do, although not everytime since almost all of us are busy in other things. I don't really need to visit him, all I need to do is pray for him at night and ask God to tell him that we love him.

Aren't I sweet? Lol.

"Good, I thought that you don't prioritize your father anymore," mom stated, making us taken aback. Doesn't mom even trust us? "Mom, don't be like that!" Jin said, "We still love dad, we just can't get the right time to go here, right, guys?" He then turned to us as we nodded. Well, just Namjoon and I while Taehyung end up whistling randomly like he didn't hear anything so I hit his arm. He laughed, "I'm kidding!" and nodded to mom as he was agreeing to Jin.

Mom gave us a gentle smile, "It's good that you guys get along really well," and sighed, "If your father were to be here, he'd be very happy to see you like this." 

What the hell, woman? Saying it like we were never this close ever since we were todlers. Although, I was grumpy back then because you know, past issues but I'm good now. I wonder why mom hadn't noticed that I'm chill, again. Did Namjoon say something to her? Yes, Namjoon because he is in charge of gossips in this household. Saying that he accidentally tells it to someone when he did it on purpose.

"Omma?!" The dude that we were talking about randomly shouted while walking closer to mom, "How would you say something like that? I bet that dad is happy in where he is now and is watching over us, you shouldn't say something like that in a very sad way." I nodded. Jin went closer to them and hung his arm around mom's shoulders, "Namjoon's right, for the first time though," lol, "We're still a happy family even though we're missing dad." I nodded with smiling eyes.

"Hee's been nodding lately, how about you Taehyungie?" mom asked him. Taehyung just stood beside me then smiled at mom with a thumb up, "What they said!"

"!" But Jin just have to ruin the moment, "Heesun, what time is it?!" he asked me since I was the only one that had a watch. I looked to my watch, "Half passed five." He immediately gasped, "I'm late for my tea time! We need to go home!" Dude, WTF? He rapidly ran towards the car and went inside as we were just watching him with concern, "What are you guys still doing there?! Let's go!"

And so we did, before mom could ask me, "What's wrong with Seokjinie?" Namjoon then answered for me, "I'm going to give you a summary. Mid-life crisis. Door handle. House on fire. Tea time." And mom could only say, "That was very informative."

 

~~~~

 

What Jin says and he finally calmed down.

"We're finally home," Jin said as he stopped the car and peeked outside to look at something, "And Hee, looks like we have company." I was utterly confused and for the confusion to settle down. I got outside the car and looked for where Jin pointed at.

Apparently, my boyfriend was sitting by the doorstep and is watching us walk closer to him.

"Jungkook-ah?" Oh, great. My mom also knows him, "What are you doing here?" It seems like they're close. Jungkook stood up and awkwardly smiled at mom. He made eye contact with me, not saying anything, which mom understood. Mom made a swift turn to me then back to Jungkook, then back to me, then back to Jungkook, again. She asked me, "Hee, don't tell me that you're dating Jungkookie."

Jungkook smiled and bowed in front of my mother, "Hello, Mrs. Kim. I am Jeon Jungkook, Heesun's boyfriend."

After that little introduction, everyone had an approximately 8-second pause and it was really silent. The only things that I could here were cricket noises. I was about to pull down my mask to finally say something until my mom interrupted, "Well, isn't this great?!" Mom held both of my hands, rather in a cheerful manner, "Hee, I greatly approve your relationship with Jungkookie! Your father would be so proud!"

I don't really know if I should be happy, or not.

Wow, isn't this great indeed?

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Aren't I great?
Because I almost forgot about putting their mother so yeah,
Freaking brain.

 

 

 

Updated:
May 29, 2015