Thirty-two

Why Do I Love You, Again?

Some Guy

 

Narrator's Point of View

"What really did happen?"

"I was just talking to Jungkook for a while then he somewhat came over and ordered us to stop flirting like he was the president of South Korea!"

Taehyung sighed, like this had happened before, and turned to Jackson who was just standing there looking like he did nothing wrong, "Hyung," he called, "Hee said that you owe her an apology." Jackson glanced at me, "Sorry, Heesun-ssi!" and then walked away. I scoffed, "What is that guy's problem? And why is an old guy here in the first place?"

"He's not an old guy, Hee, he's only 3 years older than you," Taehyung said and held both of my shoulders, "Look, hyung just had a break up with his girlfriend not-so-long ago so if you see him looking all bitter and making the two of you shut up, then just deal with it. You won't even know how it feels like when you see a couple in front of you after a break up."

I sniffed and wiped an invisible tear away, "That was so touching," then wiped the sad expression to replace it with a bored one, "Why are you stating something like you had a very terrible past?" He looked at me like someone asked him if Kpop was Chinese, "Hee, I am older than you, it's expected that I'm more experienced."

"Yeah, more experienced of reading and watching love stories every freaking time."

"I heard that."

"You were supposed to."

 

~~~~

 

Next Day.

"You have a pretty voice," Mr. Kim nodded, not even minding to give me a single glance, "Yeah, that's right. You have a pretty voice." I sighed and peered over him to see what was so important and he couldn't even let go of his phone. The teacher was playing 'Dumb Ways to Die.' Oh, I know something more fun. It's about me dying because I am about to explode in anger.

"Kim Soohyun Seongsaengnim!"

"Wha-- What, what?" he said, throwing up his phone and catching, slipping, catching, slipping it with his hands, "Child, you scared me." I rolled my eyes, "Teach, we aren't going to leave early if you won't focus on your job." He sighed and fixed up his glasses, "Fine. Heesun, you really did have a nice voice, just like your brother, Taehyung. Too bad that you have to sing without showing yourself."

And with that said, I sighed in relief which made him confused, "Why? Do you have stage fright?" I shrugged, "Probably. It's embarrassing to perform in front of many people," and smiled sheepishly. "Actually, I've been thinking if I could pair you up with a guy, or maybe your brother? I don't know but I think a duet would be nice."

"Teach, don't even think about making things difficult for me."

"I was only suggesting."

I sighed after packing my things, "I'm going home now," and stood up from my seat. "Be careful on your way home, the sun's about to set and it will be dark. And darkness isn't a girl's best friend," Mr. Kim said and started to play with his phone, again. I rolled my eyes, "Obviously since my best friend is Thai. Bye, saeng!" and left him there in the classroom.

So we were inside there for me to practice my voice, who knew that Mr. Kim was also a Music teacher. And we were apparently close, he seemed like my father. And he looked like that alien, Do Minjoo, I can't seem to see why. He was handsome and all but I prefer him as my father since my father was already dead. Oh, I wish mom could come home before Christmas. Though, it's not like she never really comes home. I just missed her.

Because dealing with my brothers on my own is tough and it's not healthy for a 17-year-old girl to handle three idiots in one house. Good thing that Taehyung was living in his dorms. Bad thing that he sometimes go home without even telling me. I mean, us. I sometimes even feel like I'm older than Jin. And sometimes I feel like I'm the only person sane in us siblings.. What's the deal with our parents?

Thoughts aside, I realized that I was already out of the campus and now walking to the bus stop. And how lucky of me to just wait there for two seconds. I got inside the bus that came and swiped the card to the screen. I wasn't even in the middle part of the bus when it started to stop abruptly and I was practically flying towards the end of the bus until someone caught me. I looked up to see what is was and turned out to be a guy,

"Uhm, I think you just fell for me."

For a second there, everybody in the bus applauded for some reason. Trying to get my balance, I stood up, muttered a little thank you to the guy and walked past him. Luckily for me, I found a vacant seat but it's not so far from where the guy was. This was honestly, the most awkward encounter that I ever had in my whole life. I mean, really. Just where the hell did that come from?

"Dude, what the hell?"

"I don't know. She just bumped on to me and then that came up."

ing 'scuse me?

"So it's my fault?" I unknowingly said aloud, making the the guy from before and his friend look at me. I bit my lip awkwardly and looked out to the window; I was sitting beside it but unfortunately, I had another vacant seat beside me. So for some reason, some particular someone sat on it, "Miss, if you would mind, then I apologize." Oh, it's just him.

"It's alright, I would care less anyway." After that being said, the guy's friend suddenly slapped him on the shoulder, "Ooh! You got rejected yet again! You should probably just live alone, maknae." The guy sighed and stood up, "Shut up, hyung. Let's go, it's our stop," they left. I watched them with my eyes as they left the bus. Was I too mean? I don't know.. Well, it's not like we'll see each other, again anyway.

"Psst!"

I turned to where that sound came from, it was a guy that was looking at me, "Hey, if you're thinking that you were mean, then you are. It's mean to reject someone immediately, you know." I rolled my eyes and ignored the guy. Does he even know him? Like hell would I care. I then noticed something that was lying on the vacant seat beside me. It was a student's ID card and it seems like it belonged the guy from before. And it seemed familiar so I took out mine and placed it beside the other's.

Then it hit me, it was the same. The only difference was the name and picture.

SONG WAN HIGH STUDENT ID
Student's Name: Jung Chanwoo
Class No.: 2-3

Isn't this just great? I'm in the same year as him and the same school. Now I have a reason to see that guy, again.

 

~~~~

 

Kim's Residence.

"Do you know someone named Jung Chanwoo?"

"Yeah, he's my brother. Why?"

I spat out the coffee that I was drinking and stared at Soojung with wide eyes, "What's wrong, Hee?" 's sake, isn't the world too small for me to live in? This is just outrageous but wait a minute. "You had a ing brother? How come I didn't know?! I've knew you ever since middle school!" She pushed away my face that was leaning closer to her, "You weren't interested anyway."

"Does Miyoung unnie know?!"

"Yep."

"The ?! Am I the only one who doesn't know?!" I reacted but she avoided her gaze at my eyes, "C'mon, Hee. There's also Jungkook." I sighed and glared at her. Well, Jungkook's the last one that she knew and even if she said 'Bambam' then it's also the same. "What's the matter? Is there a problem with Chanwoo?" I shook my head rather slowly. Should I tell her? No, if I asked something that's related to him, then she'd get the wrong idea.

"You like him?"

", no!"

"Okay, okay. There's no need to over react. You're pointing it out like my brother's ugly, or something."

Yeah, right. Soojung is pretty so her brother is also good looking but I have zero interests in him. I have a freaking boyfriend for Christ's sake. That would be a sin, lol.

"Really? What is it?" I sighed at her stubbornness. Alright, I've decided not to tell her, "It's nothing just don't even talk about inviting me to your house." She blinked, "There is a problem. Heesun, I am your friend." Oh, really? How come I never noticed? lol. "Tell me the problem. I'll smash my brothers head if he did something wrong to you." Now that's just wrong. "I already told you it's nothing!"

Then her phone rang, she unlocked it and answered the sudden call that I wanted to thank. "Chanwoo?" Hell no. Just when she said the name, she had this scheming look on her face while looking at me. This unnie.. I have a freaking boyfriend if you hadn't know! "I'm in a friend's house. Why? Is there you want to talk about?

What? You met a snobbish girl?" My eyes widened while looking at somewhere else. "Well, it's not like that doesn't happen every single day. Just accept the fact that girls don't like you." I stared at Soojung as she chuckled, "Of course, noona loves you. It's a must since you're my brother," then she pulled her phone far from her ear. I heard someone shouting from the other line,

"What do you mean 'it's a must'?! If I wasn't your brother, then you won't like me anymore?! Seriously, noona?! Just tell me the truth, you hate me!"

Yeah, that's him, alright.

"Don't over react like that, pitiful, insignificant child!" Now that's just rude. "Tell me everything when I get home, alright? Bye!" She kept her phone to her pocket and looked at me, "Hee, I promise that I'll let you meet my little bro, okay? See 'ya!" She walked over to me and gave me a hug. I watched her walk out of my room and until neither a strand of her hair nor a shadow from her was seen.

I sighed in relief; my mission of not telling her was accomplished. I pulled out the thing from my pocket and muttered under my breath, "Stupid ID card. Now how am I going to meet with that guy, again?"

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Small World.
That's all I have to say.

 

 

 

Updated:
May 28, 2015