Fifty-one

Why Do I Love You, Again?

Second Thoughts

               

Narrator's Point of View

From: Child
Oppa, I won’t be coming home early.

Stupid kid, I won't be coming home either, or so Taehyung thought while reading the message that he got from his sister, Or maybe I will since she told me this. He shrugged and continued his walking.

He was currently walking home with Jungkook beside him. He asked the younger, “Are you really moving?” with some annoying sad look on his face. The younger gawked at him, “Yes, hyung. And it’s not really that far away. It’s like blocks away from your house.” And it seemed that the older lit up a bit, “Really? So you’re going to live in our village?” The younger nodded slowly, “Yeah.”

The older sighed in relief, making Jungkook look at him weirdly and wonder in his mind. Who was the person he is really dating? Is it the brother, or the sister? Though if he was to date Taehyung, it would be that much of a problem. That’s what he thought, you know.

They were talking about how Jungkook is going to move to another house with his family. And for some reason, he is going to be living just blocks away from the Kim’s House. If you read what he said earlier, again, then there won’t be any problem.  If you are curious, then Kook’s past home was like in the other dimension. Yes, it’s that further away and you did not just hallucinate.

This is how this story’s author rolls, it’s this inhuman. It actually make you wonder what comes into the mind of an average (weird) teenager, lol.

 

~~~~

 

Detention Room.

Heesun went inside, quietly. Seeing that there was nobody else in besides her, she walked towards the teacher's desk and opened the drawer. She sighed when she saw her journal just sitting there, being all pretty. She grabbed it and searched for the page that had the word 'boyfriend' written on it and quickly ripped the page out of the book. She placed the book back inside and sat on one of the desks in there.

More people went inside. And the people themselves made Heesun more and more nervous than she should be. Why? Because they looked like terrifyingly mean people, or rather, they are bullies that Heesun thought.

When she had eye contact with one of them, she received a glare. She was lucky that they chose to sit at the far back of the classroom that they were in while Heesun sat at the desk in front of the teacher's.

Mr. Lee walked inside; looking as happy as ever, like his wife isn't despising him at a time like this. He went in front and looked at his watch, "Alright, students, your curfew is going to be at 3 PM. Which means that you'll be stuck her by at least 30 minutes but don't worry, time can fly fast." He took a seat by the teacher's desk, making Heesun more nervous because he was now in front of her, "Just do something that will make you busy."

Heesun snooped into her bag and grabbed a book inside. She started reading but she couldn't even concentrate since she's focusing at whatever her principal is doing. She wasn't sure on how to act. I mean, yeah, he is nice and a handy man but we wouldn't be so sure if he were to be mad. It might be horrifying if that time comes. Plus, she never had a normal conversation with the guy before.

Then the door opened and revealed a straight-faced girl. Mr. Lee beamed, "Oh, Yunhae-ssi! What brings you here?" The said her sighed and said in a bored tone, "Teacher caught me with a phone." The older snickered in a dark way, "Such a great way to present to the students that you're worth being a role model." She, again, sighed and started walking towards to one corner of the room, "I'm not in the mood, Mr. Lee."

"Okay~"

Apparently, they're close.

Heesun still followed her gaze at the walking Yunhae as the girl was conversing with the other people at the far back of the room. She had some high-five with one of them and sat beside another one. It was honestly remarkable because Yunhae didn't really blend in with those bullies. She was pretty and looked like a model. Then Yunhae felt that she was being stared at so she had an eye contact with Heesun, she glared at her. Heesun was startled and adverted her eyes at somewhere else.

Apparently, they are close!

Lesson learned.

Don't get involved with her.

It will give you lemons.

Heesun wanted to get out of this room but she doesn’t want to. She didn't know why but she still doesn’t want to. She feels like she'll miss something if she were to leave. Plus, there's no way someone will let her go out.

"So, Kim Heesun-ssi?" Apparently, Mr. Lee peeked on her nametag.

Heesun was yet again startled when the man called her. She turned to him and showed a forced smile, "Yes?" He asked, "Why are you here? You don't seem like a person that will get into trouble, unlike those guys," and pointed at the bullies at the far back. So he thinks that way? Or so Heesun thought while thinking about a way to talk to him, "I, uhm, slept in the middle of class.." He nodded slowly, "Why? Do you do something before you go to sleep?" She nodded, too, unsure of the answer.

"You have a boyfriend, don't you?" She, again, nodded.

He sighed and rested his back on the backrest of the chair he was sitting on, "Ah, kids these days." Looking closely at this guy, he didn't seem to look old. For you to know he was only less than thirty years in age, he was only young. Young enough to own a school, tough logic. Question the author. "Well, can't help it. I've been there before and still am. It's hard having a relationship, no?”

The girl nodded in agreement, seemed to understand what he meant since her boyfriend is troublesome, indeed. "I thought that it would get better when we get married, but it only got worse," he looked a tad bit sad while staring at his fiddling fingers that were placed on the desk. Heesun studied that man's face. She noticed that he looked sincere for his feelings and seemed to be the type of man to not cheat in any way. How did they fight in the first place?

She wanted to ask that but she knows that she wasn't in the right place to know. Although her tongue wanders in wrong places, "How are you close with Yunhae sunbae, Mr. Lee?" The man looked up to her, his face appeared to lighten up a bit, now that he had someone to talk to, "We aren't that close. She was just a student that I usually talk to and she's my favorite." Heesun nodded slowly, trying to slowly sink in her mind what words she'll blabber up next.

"Although, I don't like the fact that she's mean," Mr. Lee added, "See her friends over there?" Heesun turned to the direction where he pointed and saw that the people at the backside of the room are all happy and laughing at things. So they are friends, or so she thought and adverted her gaze back to the man. "I usually don't like bullies when I was at your age," he snorted, "But it all went away when I saw Ms. Seo."

Heesun tilted her head to the side, gesturing that she was confused and wants to know why. He shrugged, "Well, she was a bully back then." The girl's eyes widened in surprise. She is currently asking back-and-forth in her mind if she should continue this conversation with him, or not because things are about to get serious. "While I was a normal high school boy that fell in love with her smile.

It seemed weird, no? A nice dude, like me, dating a bully. Many people disapproved our relationship."

"What did you do about it?"

"I just ignored them and kept my eyes on Eungki since she's more important."

Apparently, Ms. Seo's name is Eungki. And look how not bothered or embarrassed the man is when he's saying those things. He was probably used to it. It makes the girl wonder even more while she's there listening. She would just make the safest questions of all, "May I ask, how did you two ended up fighting?"

"She saw me with another girl, for starters, and got jealous about it," his eyes darkened, "It's really unbelievable that the girl that I was with was a student," while looking at a distance, "It turned out to be Yunhae-ssi." Heesun's eyes widened even more at the sudden answer. She couldn't really believe it. "We weren't doing anything wrong, you see. We were just talking to each other like normal. Then Eungki became jealous. I don't understand."

Tears were about to form inside of his eyes while the girl had her eyebrow raised up, "Probably feels weird to say these things to a student." He smiled and shook his head, "I say this to everyone. This might be the tenth time already." She let out a huff and an amused smile, "If it is, then don't you get tired of crying?" Apparently, she's getting the hang of this. "This is the first time of me crying. Maybe it's the quiet atmosphere, that's making me sad, and your seriousness."

Does this mean that no one takes you seriously? Heesun shook off the thought and just listened to whatever the man will have to say next.

"This is where the students get to be involved and the school switch," he sighed. While Heesun had another thing in mind, "One more question," she asked with all her might, tightly gripping on the paper that was inside of her hands, "Why is it forbidden to have a love interest in Hang San?" He quickly sat straightly, "A small interest isn't really banned.

If you dated a student from the other school, then it's wrong. That is what Eungki and I promised each other. Why, you ask? It's only because she doesn't want to see a couple between our schools because it's disgusting." Well, that was somehow offending. "She refuses to see some people happy with their significant other while she is depressed. It was against my will when I asked that since I like seeing two people together, in love. It brings tears to my eyes."

After hearing those words, the grip on the paper was getting tighter and Heesun just want to close her ears for a moment and think. Will she, or will she not? That is the question. Will she tell him that she is dating someone from the other school? She wasn't sure if it was a safe decision, or not. He did say that it was fine to him seeing those things ("things") but after agreeing with his wife, he might not anymore.

"What if you heard news about that? What would you do?"

"What would I do? Well, I'm not sure myself. I've never thought about a Hang San student and a Song Wan student together. It honestly might be weird but you'll be safe, right, Heesun-ssi? Since your boyfriend isn't studying there."

Freaking old man, how could you be so sure?

Or so Heesun thought while biting her lip so damn hard, looking like she badly needs a bathroom break. She looked up and stared at the man in the eye. She spoke, "Mr. Lee, listen to me carefully," which caught the man's full attention and leaned closer to the younger, "It's about my boyfriend." Little did he know that what comes next is the thing that he fears the most, "I'm dating a student in Hang San."

The man leaned back, with a regular smile plastered on his face, saying,

"You just broke the rules, Heesun-ssi."

 

 

 


Author's Note:

That is such a cliffhanger.
I must apologize.
But it would be better if I won't since I'll update anyway.
There's no need, all you have to do is wait.
Liek, be patient and stuffs.

 

 

 

Updated:
June 19, 2015