One

Why Do I Love You, Again?

How I met him

 

Heesun's Point of View

I woke up from the vibration and noise made by my cellphone. Almost, I threw it onto the wall of my bedroom because of annoyance of waking me up. It was a call from my so called best friend.

Calling: Crazy Woman

"Hee, where in the world are you?!" I immediately shut close my ear because of the blasting voice of the caller, "I've been waiting for you for the past 15 minutes. Don't tell me you've just woken up!"

"Shut the heck up!" I groaned, turning to my left to see the alarm clock that just sat there looking innocent.

It's broken, again.

I sighed, standing up from my bed while still holding my phone not bothering to listen to my best friend, Miyoung's nagging, "It's almost noon and Soojung and I are really hungry right now!"

"Fine, fine. Let's meet up at a coffee shop downtown."

 

~~~~

 

When I got to the nearest coffee shop that Miyoung told me, I found them there and took a seat in front of them, "What's so important and you called me out?"

Soojung, another friend of mine, looked up on me from her cup of coffee, "Other than that, why are you always late, Hee? Clock problems, again?"

"If it's about that, shouldn't you buy another clock?" I just shrugged at Miyoung’s suggestion but my expression fell when I saw her face light up. I don't like where this is going.

"How about we go to the mall?" she proposed that Soojung cheered on and made me sigh. I really don't have anything thing to do, since it's a Saturday, so I agreed on coming with them.

Call me crazy, or whatever, but I hate Saturdays. It's the most annoying part of the week where the three of us, mostly just the two of them, are going on a man-hunt.

Yes, man-hunt. We, basically them, go on different places every week to find some handsome or cute guys and flirt with them. While I, just sit on one corner and watch their stupidity on loose.

I don't get it. Miyoung and Soojung are really pretty and all but why try hard to get men? When they're good looking and can easily make the guys fall for their charms?

Now that I think about it, how did I make friends with them, again?

The 241th time that the question was, once again, unanswered.

"Hey, can I ask you two a question?" I asked them, who were craning their necks up and down and just nodded, "Why try hard getting some guys when you already have a boyfriend?"

Both of them gasped. "Oh, wait," Miyoung chanted, "Leave that question to Jung," that made Soojung startled. I gave her a questioning look. She gulped, "I know this is called cheating but if  I left Miyoung unnie alone she might make herself look like an idiotic stalker."

I bit my lip, not wanting to laugh at Soojung's answer. Which was true though, it would make Miyoung a patient that escaped from a Mental Hospital, and we're here watching her with concern.

"Hey, that's mean. But whatever we can cancel this today and go on and shop."

I sighed in relief while Soojung s her arms around mine.

We started to walk by the stores, side-by-side. The two were starting to bicker about something that I don't understand while I set my eyes on something.

"You guys," I said to get their attention, "I'm still thinking about buying a new clock, so can we?"

They looked at each other and passed knowing smiles, I was left hanging, I can't read their expressions.

"Alright, you can buy your clock," Miyoung said and smiled at me. I nodded at her and started walking towards the appliance store nearby. "Oh, and Heesun!" I heard Soojung's voice calling my name so I turned back. "We'll be waiting!" I nodded, again as they walked away.

I wonder where they're going.

 

~~~~

 

Narrator's Point of View

"Did you see what I saw?"

"Oh, yeah. I totally saw what you see."

"Really? What was it?"

Soojung paused for a while, "I don't know, what it is anyway?" Miyoung rolled her eyes and answered for her friend.

"A guy was staring at Heesun, didn't you see?!"

Soojung had agape and nodded when she remembered a guy, about her age, was staring at her oblivious friend while standing by a stall.

But instead of being happy and cheery like Miyoung, Soojung got worried, "I don't know about this, Youngie. He might be a creepy stalker."

And despite of being a little stupid, Soojung had a point. Sure, the guy was neat looking and much of a pretty boy but there are still many possibilities that he might have something from Heesun that he wants. Scary as it is, there are still many others.

"Plus," Miyoung stopped from her thinking and looked at Soojung, "Hee has trust issues, right? This might not come on handy."

That was another thing that Miyoung forgot about.

"You know, Jung. There is still a little intelligence in you, no?"

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

 

~~~~

 

Heesun's Point of View

There's too many to choose. I only need a little digital alarm clock that doesn't screw up when I need it. Is that hard to understand?

"Is there anything that I can help you with, ma'am?" I momentarily jumped a little when this guy spoke to me. It was one of those salesmen; I'm not sure on what you call them. I'm not fond of buying things in a mall.

"U-uhm," I stuttered, "I'm looking for a digital alarm clock." He smiled and nodded, "This way, please."

I quietly followed him along and tried my best to converse with the man without speaking. In short, all I did was nodding.

I'm not really sociable. And I have this really mean side of me. People tell me that I’m insensitive, or something. But I had friends, and other people that I can I'm a bit of a quiet person with a loud mind. I have a hobby of observing people from a distance. Although many people have caught me looking at them. It was honestly embarrassing. A guy that I was looking at even asked me if I had a crush on him, or something. People are really something nowadays.

"This is the last digital clock that we have, ma'am," the man said to me, driving me away from my thoughts and pointing at a red-colored clock. It was pretty. I checked the clock if there was some kind of damage on it, then I nodded, "I'll take it."

"Yes, ma'am," the man said and took the clock with him. As he went away, my phone vibrated. It was a message. No, make it two.

From: Crazy Woman
Heesun! What's taking you so long?
It's already noon and we need to eat!

From: Headless Fish
Hee, I'm starving. Could you please hurry up?

Talk about maintaining a good body figure. Looks like these girls don't know anything about it.

I sighed and turned around to head towards the counter, only to be bumped onto someone. I opened my eyes and was greeted by a broad chest.

Wait, broad? This is a man, isn't it? Wait, how is it broad when his torso is so freaking small? Slowly, I looked up to see a guy looking down on me.

"S-sorry," I mumbled, immediately looking back down, not directly looking at his face. "No, I'm sorry. I'm watching where I'm going," I heard him say so I nodded. "Heesunie?"

Once again, feeling curious why he knows me, looked up to him and then it hit me.

"Oh, Jimin it's you!" I said, expressionlessly. Jimin is Soojung's boyfriend. That's all there is to know, lol.

Jimin laughed at my typical outburst, "It's kind of rare seeing you here. Let me guess, Miyoung forced you to go here, didn't she?"

This dude is my one and only guy friend. The reason behind that is that the four of us, along with Soojung and Miyoung, have been in the same middle school together. He and Soojung just started dating a month ago which was really surprising and I'm not sure how every thing happened.

"Yes," I answered. He shook his head, probably thinking how troublesome Miyoung was to me, "C'mon, let's go after them."

 

~~~~

 

"Hey~" Soojung greeted Jimin, by the time we got in the restaurant that they reserved, and pulled him to sit beside her.

"You bought the thing you wanted, Hee?" I nodded to reply Miyoung’s question and started to eat.

It was a bit awkward. Not the fact that the couple here is having their own world, it's because I'm here sitting alone. We're in one dining table but my opposite side is really crowded, it's where the three are sitting. In front of me was Miyoung. And there was particularly no one beside me.

But then Jimin suddenly spoke, "You're finally here."

"Sorry, I had to go to the bathroom, and this lady, on the way, asked me if I wanted to be an idol, or something." Jimin chuckled at the other guy's response, "What did you say?"

"Well, I told her that I'm more interested of becoming a magician. Then she gave me this weird look and walked away. I mean, what's wrong of wanting to be a magician?" Jimin continued to laugh.

“Jimin, who's that? Never seen him in school before," Miyoung said, chuckling. "He's Jungkook, a friend of mine. He goes to the school beside ours. He looks young but he's the same year as us," Jimin explained.

So when you say us, with the exemption of me and Soojung, this Jungkook guy is a senior in high school.

Everyone was happily chatting while I was silently checking over my phone, when Soojung had to gasp, "Youngie! Isn't he the one that we caught staring?"

Miyoung looked weirdly at Soojung, then turned to Jungkook like a germ inspector. It was her turn to gasp, "You're right...” Both of them looked at me, along with Jimin.

I raised up my eyebrow, then turned to my left to see Jungkook sitting beside me. I'm not exactly sure but I saw his face turning red.

".. It's you."

My confusion was still there because I literally have no idea on what's happening.

"What?"

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Five characters in one, how great is that?
:D
...
my gosh, lol.

I promise that the next chapter will be more interesting..
I think, lol. But really!
Comments are very appreciated.
Hope you guys have a wonderful day :)

 

 

 

Updated:
May 8, 2015