[SuRong] Angel

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Park Chorong-ssi…”

She opened her eyes as she hearing her name was being called by a strange voice. Slowly, she could capturing a man between her ages, was smiling angelically to her.

“Where am I?” she said while tried to wake up and she could see that she wasn’t sleeping at her room. She could feel her neck was stiff, but it doesn’t bother her to keep staring at the guy that standing next to her bed. “Is this a heaven? And aren’t you an angel?” she bluntly asked till made the guy chuckled lightly.

“You are in the hospital, Chorong-ssi. And I am Doctor Kim,” he said without loosening the angelic smile on his face.

“So… I am death yet…” she rubbed her neck and stretches, her gaze spread through her surroundings. That Doctor wasn’t lying, she is still in the hospital.

Chorong once again hears Doctor Kim chuckle quietly as he pulled up a chair beside her bed. “You’re still alive. Fortunately your family wasn’t late to bringing you here,” he answered.

Chorong cracked a smile, she remembered how she ended up being there - after the accident she tried to kill herself. “You must think that I am a stupid girl, don’t you?” she fixed her messy hair, and that was when she caught the bandage around her left wrist. But strangely, she didn’t feel the pain on it anymore.

He shook his head. “You’re not. I’m sure you have a reason and I’m sure the reason wasn’t because you have a fight over a plate of chicken feet with your little brother,” he jokes, and it made Chorong curved a weak smile on her face.

“How could you know that I love chicken feet, Doc?”

Doctor Kim grinned and pats her shoulder lightly. “I could smell from your clothes. I thought you eat that food before your family brought you here.”

Chorong chuckled. “I don’t clearly remember it.”

“I’m just checking you up since I’ve noticed your family hasn’t come to visit you today. And I think your condition is going better and you can go home soon,” He was about to getting up from his seat, but Chorong suddenly held his wrist. It made the guy startled and staring at her with question look.

Chorong realized that she suddenly made a skinship with a strange person though he’s her doctor, so she quickly releasing her grips from his. “I am sorry, Doc. But… Can you… stay with me for a while?” those words slipped from unconsciously. It made Suho taken aback as his gaze fixed on her eyes. He could clearly see the pain inside it.

“Okay…” Doctor Kim walked closer to her bed. “Let me take you somewhere better than this room,” with his signature smile, he offered his hand to her. And without a doubt, Chorong grabbed it and let him lead their way.

***

 

Chorong took a deep breath and closing her eyes as Doctor Kim brought her to a garden that was located on the roof of the hospital. She could smell the flowers scent and it fell so magical inside her lungs. The doctor was right, this place was way too better than her white hospital room.

Chorong slowly opened her eyes as she could hear some beautiful hum come across her ears. She could see that there was no one there except her and the doctor. And the person that hummed beautifully was none other than the Doctor Kim.

Chorong stunned in amazement as she could see that his face was really like a falling angel. She let her gaze on him as she didn’t realize the latter already stop himself from humming some random melodies and he caught her was staring at him. “My name is Suho,” he suddenly said and made Chorong snapped out.

“Su… ho (read: guardian)?” Chorong said while her finger pointing on him.

He nodded. “Just call me with that name instead with Doctor Kim. It sounds better.”

“Okay, Suho-ssi,” another smile cracked on her face. But Suho still could see the heartache inside her eyes.

“So… Do you mind to tell me now? What happened to you and how’d you get ended up here?” he asked as he took a seat in the corner of the rooftop with her.

Chorong lifted her chin, staring at the blue skies and she let the wind played with her hair while the sun warmed her skin.

“My father… He forced me to always being the top of the school. His ambition is making me attending an elite University in England. He would always get mad and torture me every time he found out that I can’t get the best grade…” Chorong heaved a deep sigh before she continued. “That’s the reason why I suddenly have a thought… My father will stop it if I ended up my life…” Tears formed in Chorong’s eyes. “I wanted the pain and the pressure to go away… So I did the stupidest thing I could have done. I slit my wrist and now I ended up stuck here.”

“Chorong-ssi…”

“I wanted my father know that I suffered in depression. What else did he expect from me?”

Suho had no clue how to comfort her. So he just let his hand patted her shoulder, while Chorong wiped the tears away from her eyes. He really wished that he could tell her that he will always stay by her side from now till forever. He really wanted to tell her that she having him by her side. But he couldn’t imagine what the girl will think if she finds out the truth about whom he really is.

They spent the next hours talking what Chorong had been done for the past week. She told him about her seatmate, Yoon Bomi. She told him how she wish that she could be like Bomi, always happy though she didn’t get the best grade at school. She also told him that she secretly had a crush with her sunbae, Kim Junmyeon, on her school.

“Why don’t you confess it to him?” Suho asked while staring at her, deeply.

“I don’t have the courage. He’s popular among the students. Many pretty girls trying to approach him, and I don’t think that I’m comparable with those girls,” Chorong shrugged.

“You’re pretty too, Chorong-ssi,” Suho bluntly said and it successfully inviting Chorong’s gaze to him. “Trust me. Just confess your love to him once.”

“But, what if I ended up being rejected?”

“At least you try,” a smile formed on Suho’s face. “I’m probably no one who should go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter