[YoungJoo] No Melody

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Never thought that our high school moments will end up in 2 weeks later," Namjoo mumbled when Youngjae gave her a ride on his bike while they were going to school together, as always he did.

"No worries since I will always being near you because we chose the same university!" Youngjae shouted in happiness, while his eyes kept on focusing on the road.

"Yes, because we will always being best friend and together forever!" Namjoo shouted happily too.

"Yeah, you are my best friend, Namjoo-ya. I love you so much," Youngjae said, and he was glad because she couldn't see his face.

"I love you too, Youngjae-ya!" Namjoo said as she tightened her arms around Youngjae's waists.

"Namjoo-ya,"

"Hmm?" Namjoo titled her head so she could see his face from the back.

"I hope you will have a good and serious man to be your boyfriend when we are graduating from high school later," Youngjae suddenly said.

Namjoo chuckled, "I hope so Youngjae-ya. I always wish that I will get a right one. I know, I'd seemed to be a player since I had a lot of boyfriends during this highschool years. But, you know, I never got the match one. So is it wrong If I'm still searching for the right one?"

"Nah, you never wrong. But I hope you will not going too far when you were dating those boys," Youngjae rolled his eyes.

"You don't need to worry, Jae. I'm not a cheap girl who can touch so easily by them. And how about you? You spend your high school years without any girlfriends yet. Didn't you feel lonely or something? You should stop from learning too serious. You need a girlfriend to brighten up your days, dude!"

"Nope. I don't need a girlfriend yet. If I have a girlfriend, you will be lonely Joo. Trust me," he .

"Oh c'mon Jae, you are an eighteen years old teenage boy, and you never fallen in love?! You're so weird, dude!" Namjoo hit his back lightly.

"At least, I still having you by my side, Joo," Youngjae shook his head, and made Namjoo sighed.

 


It has been 3 years since Youngjae fell in love with her. Kim Namjoo - his bestfriend. Youngjae had treated her as a guardian angel. He was always being by her side whenever and wherever she needs him.

Youngjae had ever protected her, when once in a time, one of her former boyfriend wanted to hit her, because he didn't want to break up with her.

Youngjae had ever help her to make her 'another' former boyfriend got jealous, by acted like he was her new boyfriend.

Youngjae was also always being her informant, If she had a new crush.

He always did what she had asked him. And he always had been near her whenever she was down or sad. Unfortunately, she never seemed to care about his feelings. Namjoo thought, that Youngjae protected her just as his little sister.


***


"She met a man," Youngjae started when he was at his best friend's house. It has been 2 weeks after the final examinations.

"Again?" his friend, Jaebum asked while furrowed his eyebrow.

"The new neighbor of her. He was good looking, as usual, who loves to laugh. And she was asked me, whether she could fit him or not, because that man is 6 years older than her."

Jaebum shook his head. "I think being with you almost all the times would make her realize. But, I thought he never realizes your feelings toward her, right?" he uttered.

He nodded slightly.

"Can you please just try to move on, dude? You're worth for someone who is better than - I'm sorry - that player. How about the junior, Shin MinAh. I heard that she was being your fan girl since earlier. Why don't you try to date her? You should try to move on. Open your heart for someone new and better. It's almost 3 years you had confined yourself with Kim Namjoo!" Jaebum blabbered.

"It's not as easy as you said, hyung,"

"If you cannot forget her, why don't you try to confessing your love to her, Jae? You never tried, don't you? Oh c'mon, don't be such a coward! Aren't you tired with these craps?" Jaebum asked him.

And that question has been repeating inside his mind for the whole night.


***

 

Today is the graduation ceremony. All of the students of the school were bringing their parents and families. They smiled, because they were proud of their children finally graduated. Namjoo was waving at her parents who walked out from her school earlier, because they had another business appointment that they had to attended soon. She didn't noticing that Youngjae was staring at her from a distance.

"Eomma, I had something to do before going home. Just wait for me on the car, I'll be back soon," Youngjae patted his mother's arm before he went to chasing after Namjoo, who already walked away from her previous pace.


Youngjae was trailing behind her, without her noticed. His mind was busy with his own thoughts. Yes, on their last day of the high school time, he finally decided to confess his love to her. His long-term best friend. He finally dared himself to do it, because of Jaebum had said yesterday, he didn't need to be a coward anymore. Who knows that Namjoo had a same feeling like he did? He will never know If he at least didn't try.

Youngjae found out that Namjoo was walking herself toward the cheerleader room. She surely wanted to visit that place for the last time, since she was one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter