[ChanMi] Shut Up and Dance

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi was standing in front of the door’s club. She wore a simple outfit – a crop top with jeans. It was raining and cold outside, but it doesn’t bother her to keep on going to the club at that night. Spending time for clubbing wasn’t her favorite, but since today was her best friend’s birthday party, she should attend it or Jung Eunji will scold her forever.

“Eunji-ya, happy birthday,” she said while giving a pretty huge present then hugging the birthday girl who wore a big grin on her face.

“What a big present, Bbom-ah!” her best friend squealing. “I bet the present wasn’t two-piece of swimsuit like you had bought me last year,” she whispered in Bomi’s ear this time, till made the latter chuckled.

“This time you’ll like it, Jung. Just use it when you and Junmyeon oppa spending a private night together, okay?” Bomi whispered while winking her eyes playfully.

“Omo, Bbom-ah! You’re a naughty girl!” Eunji cupped half of her face to hide her blushing cheeks, before slapping Bomi’s arm with her free hand.

“Enjoy your night, girl. I’ll be looking for a seat then,” Bomi waved her hand toward the birthday girl before she started to look around the place that Eunji had booked for the party.

 

Bomi seems a little bit lost since she found out that there are no people she knows. That was when she was accidentally capturing the one and only familiar figure was sitting alone near the corner of the room. Fortunately, the person was looking at her direction too. They shared the same gaze till Bomi immediately walked over the person.

“Hello sunbaenim,” Bomi greeted him. It was so strange because she never greet him before – although they studied in a same college. “Are you alone? Can I sit here?”

The person raised his eyebrows before he nodded his head.

“Thank you,” Bomi’s smile grew wider as she took a seat in front of him. “I’m so happy at least I meet someone that I knew here,” she bluntly said before their eyes met each other again.

“Yeah, never thought that Eunji and Junmyeon hyung invited too many strangers here,”

He finally spoke out, and it surprised Bomi since she found out that this sunbae had a deep and mature voice. It was so different if it compared to his face.

“Um… I’m Park Chanyeol anyway,” the edge of his lips curled up as he told her.

“Bomi, Yoon Bomi,” Bomi put her smile again, yet now added with blush on her cheeks. And she didn’t know why she acted like that. Bomi was really sure that she never put an attention toward this tall sunbae before. She only knew that he is a guitarist of one of the band in their university. She never talked to him yet only stole some glances when they were accidentally met up in the cafeteria.

“So… Are you waiting for person?” Chanyeol asked again as he was playing with the straw of his drink.

Bomi shook her head. “How about you, sunbae? Are you waiting for another person?”

Chanyeol looked up to see her, before shook his head.

“So, we’re totally lonely then,” Bomi said while chuckling.

Instead of smiling or laughing by her remarks, Chanyeol stunned. He was watching the way she laughs. It somehow attracted his attention. ‘This girl is beautiful. Why did I never notice her presence before?’ 

Silence created between them. Bomi caught Chanyeol was staring at her with unreadable expression. She tried to ignore his gaze by looking down at the table, but she didn’t know why her heart skipped a beat at that time.

“Well…” Bomi tried to broke the silence. “Don’t you want to dance, sunbae?”

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow, and it somehow made him shut his endearing gaze.

‘Yoon Bomi, are you stupid? Are you asking him for a dance already? Doesn’t he will think that you’re such a cheap?’

“I’m sorry, I can’t dance,” Chanyeol looked at her and his smile rose once again.

“Me neither,” Bomi said.

“So, why were you asking me for dancing if you can’t dance as well?” he frowned without loosening the smile on his face.

“Um, it’s just a part to breaking the awkwardness between us, sunbae,” Bomi bluntly said and it successfully made the giant let out a chuckle.

“I just thought that I’ll end up being alone and mute during this party. Then thanks to you, because you suddenly came and I had someone to talk to,”

“I feel the same too, sunbae,” Bomi nodded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter