[Minhyuk x Eunji] More Than That

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“His name is Kim Jongin. And only took few days for him to recognize that I’d flirt on him then---“

“He finally gave up on your charm,” 

“Oh!” Eunji suddenly cupped with her palm. “How could you know?”

“Off course, I do,” Minhyuk shrugged. “Since you’d always repeated the same things if you were have a new one.”

“Yah, don’t say that I was like a player,” Eunji glared.

“And who teaches you to yell to your sunbae like that?” Minhyuk made a face.

“Anyway, back to the previous topic, shall we? Kim Jongin was different. I saw something different from him that could make me realize that he’s the right man for me!” Eunji beamed.

“Yeah, and when you and him break up, I’m sure you will say the different thoughts about him,” Minhyuk shrugged.

“Yah! Minhyuk oppa, you---“

“Now, it’s your turn, Ji. Palli!” Minhyuk cut her words, as he gave her the financial monthly reports that they should finish.

***

 

Minhyuk and Eunji were being close friends since they worked in the same division in one of the biggest electronic company in Seoul. Eunji was hyperactive and talkative girl, while Minhyuk was the opposite of hers. 

Eunji had a lot of experience in dating, since she had a habit for dated boys then she dumped them, but sometimes, some of them dumb her too. And she would sob harder in front of Minhyuk every time she had been dumb by her former boyfriends.

“Aren’t you tired being a coward like this?” one of Minhyuk friend, Lee Jonghyun suddenly asked.

Minhyuk could not answer while he only smiled bitterly. Both of them were sitting on Minhyuk’s living room.

“She must be blind or something,” Jonghyun scoffed.

Minhyuk turned his gaze to his friend. “Why?”

“She has you who always being near her. You’re a nice person, kind, caring, smart and heol… you’re good looking! But, why she still trying to find another boy, and after she’s hurt by them, she will back to you. Doesn’t she have a heart?”

“It’s okay. I can bear with it,” Minhyuk looked down while took a cup of tea from the table in front of him.

Jonghyun sighed, “If you really love her, say it to her. But if you feel afraid since it will ruin your friendship, at least you should move on,” he said. “Remember Hyuk, your feelings are precious.”

***

 

It was already a week for Eunji and her new boyfriend, Kim Jongin to date. But suddenly at that night, Eunji who was playing Playstation 4 at her house, startled as she found Minhyuk’s presence that already stood in front of her.

“Oh geez!” Eunji jumped from her seat. “Oppa, you almost made me get a heart attack! Since when were you already stood there?” Eunji rubbed her chest.

Minhyuk did not say any words, but he kept on put a grin on his face as he took his seat beside her.

“What’s with that face?” Eunji asked while threw a suspicious look to him. 

“Jung Soojung…” he mumbled without loosening the smile on his face.

“Jung… Soojung…? Who is she?” Eunji furrowed her eyebrow.

“I’ve met her an hour ago at the convenience shop near your house earlier. We talked and talked, and then…”

“Then…?” Eunji asked in curiosity.

“She asked for my phone number!” Minhyuk beamed. “I think I had a crush on her, Ji!” he said while Eunji that sat beside him suddenly felt a pang inside her heart.

It was his first time to tell her that he had a crush. Since they had known each other for almost 2 years, Minhyuk was never dating a girl. As his best friend, Eunji should be happy with it, but she was feeling the opposite right now. And she didn’t know why she suddenly felt a strange pain that surely injured her heart when she heard about it.

“O-oh… finally…” she sat back and pretended to be happy for him.

“She is amazing. I never met a girl like her,” Minyuk was referring to his new crush. “She’s pretty… She had a soft voice, and almost had a perfect figure as a woman.”

Every words that came out from his mouth, just felt like a slap in the face to Eunji. She really didn’t know why she had hurt by it. Did she was sure to feel that Minhyuk is only a best friend for her? 

“What’s wrong with you, Ji? Why were you suddenly making that face?” Minhyuk asked as he could see that Eunji suddenly frown.

“Oh, nothing,” she quickly moved her gaze away, so Minhyuk could not see her face.

“Don’t lie to me. I know that you were hiding something from me,” 

“C’mon oppa, just took the controller and play this game with me!” she clicked the resume button and started to play fighting game on the television screen.

“Eunji-ya, please tell me what happened? Did you have any problem with Kim Jongin?” Minhyuk did not obey her commands earlier, while he was still looked at her with a puzzled look.

“No, we’re more than alright,” Eunji said, still avoided for met his gaze.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter