[LuRong] Like a Rose

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yah, you kid! Don't run!!!" 

 

Luhan - 11 years old boy - had run away as fast as he could, as the owner of the rose garden tried to catch him. The owner must be pissed off since that kid like to stole the roses that they planted almost every day. Luhan then decided to hide in one of the house that was located near the garden. He came inside one of a small house, which was looked so quite. He hid behind the main door of the house porch, while he was still panting hardly. And suddenly, he startled and almost jumping from his place, when a soft voice approached his ears.

"Who are you?" 

 

Luhan quickly turned around to face the owner of the voice. It's a girl, a pretty girl whose age is approximately the same as him. 

"O-oh mianhae... Someone had catch over me... I don't know where was to hide, so... I'd accidentally come here to hide... Yes, to hide..." he said still panting hardly.

"That rose... It's so beautiful..." the girl suddenly moved her gaze to the rose that Luhan still hold in his right fist, the rose that he was stole earlier.

"Oh, did you like it? You can have it," Luhan handed the rose to her, and the girl grabbed it while showing off an amazement in her eyes.

"Thank you very much," she said as she kissed and enjoyed the scent of the rose. "I'm Park Chorong, the owner of this house. What is your name?" she asked while her free hand to him.

"O-oh, I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you, Chorong-ssi," Luhan quickly shook her hand, as he rubbed his back neck awkwardly.

"Please come inside, Luhan-ssi. You'll be my guest for today," Chorong smiled, and walked inside lead him.

Luhan nodded, and decided to follow her to came into her house. She suddenly stopped, when they were already arrived at her living room.

"Please take your seat, Luhan-ssi. I'll bring you some drink," Chorong asked him, and then she moved to her kitchen.

Luhan used the chance to look around the house; it wasn't big but is neat and clean. He could also saw a bouquet of roses, which was puttin on her dining table. Luhan walked close to the table. He stunned when he saw the beautiful roses, he surely fell in love with those flowers.

 

"Seems like you are a big fan of the roses, Luhan-ssi," Chorong giggled when she saw Luhan's face who was stunned in amazement.

"Aahh, Chorong-ssi... Yeah, I was a big fan of roses and I don't know why. It sounds weird since I was a boy, right?" Luhan chuckled, and looked down as he felt ashamed.

Unexpectedly, Chorong shook her head. "No, you're not weird. There's nothing wrong If a man love roses. My grandfather was so in love with it, and he became a gardener who was planting roses in his garden since he was young till now," Chorong smiled to showed off her proud.

"Wow, that's cool. I feel relieved since I'm not the only boy in this world who is falling in love with roses," Luhan grinned.

"Off course not," Chorong giggled as she saw Luhan's clumsy face.

"You know, I'd always kept this as a secret from my family and friends. I was just afraid that they will mock me," Luhan shrugged.

"I'm sure your friends will do it. But, I don't think so with your parents..."

"My mom ever mad at me when I was asking her to bought me a pot of roses. She said that a boy should be loves football, not roses," he frowned, and made Chorong chuckling harder. "So, now you're mocking at me too, Chorong-ssi," Luhan threw an irritated look toward her.

"Mi-mianhae, Luhan-ssi. I didn't mean to mock over you. I just found your story was amusing," Chorong patted the elder shoulder. "Drink your tea first. I'd already served it for you in the living room, kajja,"

Luhan nodded, and followed her once again from behind.

 

"Did your house are always seemed so quite like this every day?" Luhan asked when both of them already sat together in Chorong's living room.

"Yes, my father is an officer, and he always came home late at night. While, my grandfather and grandmother were very busy in their garden. They will come back home on 4 or 5 in the afternoon. So that's why I always feel so lonely..." Chorong pouted.

"We have a similarity, Chorong-ssi. My father is a businessman, and my mother is a career woman. And they are indeed so busy with their works; they're very rarely spending their time with me, except in the weekend. So, I was so lonely too," Luhan shrugged.

"Let’s be friends so you can visit my house every day, then we will not feel lonely anymore, agree?" Chorong her pinky finger to the elder. 

At first, Luhan took his time to think, but then he smiled and linked his pinky finger to hers. "Let’s be friend, Chorong-ssi."

 

***

 

Luhan and Chorong's friendship become closer from day to day. When Luhan came back from school, he always took his time to visit Chorong's house first before going back to his home. Chorong always invite him to took a lunch in her place. And without hesitation, Luhan agreed while they always spent their lunch time together. They would playing monopoly, chess or hide and seek, watching television together, or sometimes Luhan help Chorong to cleaning up her house or help her to watering the plants. Sometimes, when Luhan's mom baked some cake on Sunday, that boy will brought some of the cakes to Chorong in the next day. It was became Luhan's new habit to spend his afternoon at Chorong's home. And the girl always seemed happy when he was at her home.

They were already that close during these months. 

 

But, Luhan, who still desperately in love with roses, seemed never stop to stealing some roses from the garden near his neighborhood- since her mother never allowed him to planted some kind of roses in their home. But with his small and thin posture, he always managed himself to escape from the owner of the garden, who was already quite old, so they didn't have much strength to catch over him. 


***

 

One day, Luhan who was usually took his lunch at Chorong's home, suddenly feel startled as he accidentally met up with Chorong's grandparents. Her grandfather and grandmother who usually never stay at home at those hours, suddenly came back home earlier.

 

"Halmoni, Harabeoji, you've already come back," Chorong said in happiness, while she was walking to approaching them.

 

Luhan's eyes widened and his jaw dropped at the same time when he saw them, since he was so familiar with their presence. While Chorong's grandparents were also shocked when their gazes met his. 

"This brat! How dare you to come and took a lunch in our house?!" Chorong's grandfather suddenly shouted at him, and rushedly walked himself to Luhan's place.

"Harabeoji, what happened?" Chorong startled as she could saw anger from her grandfather's face.

"Sonnyeo, that kid, he was the thief who always stole our roses almost every day from our garden," her grandmother told her, and made Chorong suddenly mentally slapped herself.

 

Chorong's grandfather, without a doubt, hitting Luhan's leg with the broom that he had held since earlier and made Luhan yelled in pain. 

"Mianhae, harabeoji... I really didn't know that you are Chorong's grandfather," Luhan cried as he received another hard hit on his leg.

"Although I'm not Chorong's grandfather, you were not supposed to steal other's property like that. Did you know that it was a crime, kid?!" Chorong's grandfather, who looked so pissed off, suddenly hit his leg once again with the broom.

 

Chorong that saw it, suddenly felt pity toward her new friend. She rushed to ran to him and hold her grandfather's hand to preventing the elder for not hitting Luhan anymore.

"Harabeoji, please stop it. Luhan is my friend. He was the kid that I'd always told to you. He was a nice kid, and he never hurt me. So please forgive him," Chorong said almost begging.

"Chorong-ah, you're not supposed to defending that naughty kid. He deserves the punishment from your harabeoji," Chorong's grandmother suddenly appears from behind, and asked Chorong to releasing her grip. 

But Chorong shook her head, "Please release him, harabeoji. He was still kid, this punishment was more than enough. Please let him go," Chorong cried as she could feel her heart was hurting, when she saw Luhan's pains.

 

"You're lucky because my granddaughter protect you, kid. But from today on, you will not allow to coming back to this house anymore! Understand?" Chorong's grandfather shouted and glared at Luhan, who was still knelt down in pain. 

The threat was made Luhan nodded. He didn't dare to arguing with the eldest, except obeyed it.

"Good. And now, you can leave this house. Go away!!" once again, Cho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter