[Junhyung x Eunji] Today Was A Fairytale

A PINK and THE BOYS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunji-ya…!”

Eunji who was reading a book since she was coming earlier to the school at that morning, suddenly lifted her chin up as she could hear her best friend’s loud voice.

“I have important news…” Bomi arrived in front of Eunji’s desk while she was panting.

“I’m sure that this news was very important since it could make you run away to approach me like this, Bbom,” Eunji giggled.

“Did you know, Ji. A new transfer student from US is coming to our university today!” Bomi said with sparkle eyes.

“… And where was the special news from it?” Eunji frowned.

“The special news is… this guy was so hot and I heard that he was the vocalist of indie band that was quite popular through the youtube!” Bomi still said in amazement.

“Oh… really?” Eunji asked nonchalantly as she busied herself with her book.

“And you know what, Eunji? All of the girls in our school were gathering around the teacher’s room now for only looking at this new transfer student!” Bomi said as she suddenly grabbed Eunji’s arm.

“Y-yah, Bomi-ya. Where do we want to go? Please don’t say that you wanted to see the new transfer student too?” Eunji whimpered as she let her best friend dragged her out from the class room.

“Off  course, Ji! I really wanted to know how hot he is! Who knows that I can flirt on him later?” Bomi winked playfully and made Eunji wanted to puke to see her reaction.

 

Just a few steps away, the two girls will arrived at the teacher’s room. They could see that some of the female students were gathering around the place – like Bomi had said before. But, suddenly the girls were moving around as a presence of a strange guy came out from the room. The girls were starting to whisper and Eunji could see from their eyes that they adored the new transfer student.

“Eunji-ya, look at him. He is indeed so hot!” Bomi suddenly was stopping her pace about 5 meters away from the room, as she shook Eunji’s arm.

Eunji was suddenly moving her gaze from the female students to the new transfer student who was walking out from the teacher’s room. Her eyes suddenly widened and her jaws dropped at the same time when she was capturing the new student’s presence in her eyes. “J-Junhyung oppa…?”

“Did you know him?” Bomi asked in curiosity as she noticed Eunji’s awkwardness.

“Bomi-ya… I think we should go back to our class now, the lesson will start soon. Kajja!” Eunji by out of the blue turned around and walked toward her classroom as fast as she could.

***

 

“Eunji-ya, did you know the new transfer student?” Bomi who was sitting beside her at the class, quickly asked again.

“Ah… N-no… I didn’t know him…” Eunji stuttered as she was playing with her pen, trying to act cool.

“Eyyy, don’t try to lie to me. How could you don’t know him while you already knew his name?” Bomi nudged her.

“I… I just ever saw him on Youtube… Yeah, in Youtube,” she denied.

“Really? I thought you really know him,” Bomi patted her chin, confused.

“Yoon Bomi, Jung Eunji! You girls were not focusing my class since earlier, huh?! Get out of this class now!” Mr. Nam – who well known as a grumpy teacher in their school – suddenly yelled at them. “You two should to stand outside the classroom with one leg. You should do it till my class end!”

***

 

“I can’t believe I have to do this!” Eunji muttered in dissatisfaction and glared to her best friend who was standing with one leg with her outside the classroom. “This is your entire fault, Bbom!”

“I’m so sorry, Ji… I just feel curious with your relationship with the new transfer student. I thought that you really knew him,” Bomi grinned.

“This detention is !” Eunji stated as she took out her phone and put on the earphone on her ears. She was listening to some music to kill the boredoms.

 

15 minutes left, and Bomi suddenly shook Eunji’s arm.

“What again, Bbom?” Eunji asked nonchalantly as she put off her earphone.

“L-Look w-who was coming toward us…” she stuttered.

“Who is that?” Eunji lazily followed Bomi’s gaze, but her eyes widened in a second as she found who the person that she had noticed earlier was.

Eunji suddenly panicked as she turned her body around, tried to hide herself from the ‘person’.

“Jung Eunji?”

‘Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t! How could he was recognizing me?!’

Eunji had no option except turning her body around to face him.

“Ah… It’s really you?!” he beamed.

“O-oh h-hi… Junhyung o-oppa… Nice to meet you again….” Eunji smiled awkwardly.

“Yeah, long time we didn’t see each other. It was so nice to meet you again,” he smiled. “But… what are you doing here?” he raised an eyebrow.

“O-oh… No-nothing… I and my friend were just…”

“Are you doing a detention?” the guy suddenly said innocently, and Eunji really wanted to bury herself alive when he was noticing the embarrassing moment.

“N-No… It’s not a detention. We’re just… yeah, Mr. Nam asked us to wait for our class’s president presence. Is it right, Bbom?” Eunji quickly nudged Bomi’s elbow, and the girl could only nod her head clumsily. “How about you? What are you doing here?”

“Oh, Mrs. Kim asked me to send this form to the principal,” he showed a paper on his hand.

“Oh okay. So, you can just go now, Junhyung oppa…”

“Okay, see you again on recess ti---“

Before Junhyung could walk away, the door slammed open with as Mr. Nam came out with an angry face.

“Jung Eunji! You’re in detention! You’re not allowed to talk to other students!” Mr. Nam had scold. “Leg up!”

Eunji’s face suddenly flushed at that moment.

‘D*mn it! How could I face him after he had known that I was lying to him?!’ Eunji looked down in embarrassment.

“And you, a new transfer student!” Mr. Nam pointed at Junhyung.

“Yes?”

“Go now and don’t you dare to disturb those girls!” Mr. Nam was commanding and he entered the classroom again to continue the lesson.

Eunji who was still looking down, suddenly could feel that Junhyung was giggling. “So, the detention was waiting for the president class, isn’t it?”

Eunji didn’t dare to lift her chin up as she felt so ashamed toward him.

“Here,” Junhyung suddenly handed her some candies. “Eat this when you and your friend got bored, okay?”

“A-ah… t-thank you, oppa.”

“Good luck with the detention, girls,” Junhyung whispered before he walked out, leaving Eunji who was feeling dumbfounded.

Bomi suddenly cleared . “You should give me some explanations after the detention ended, Ji.”

***

 

It was Valentine’s Day. Eunji had prepared a chocolate that she had made by herself, and she was about to gave it to her crush. She was walking happily toward the music class that was just 6 meters away.

But, her pace suddenly stopped when she saw her crush was coming out from the room. Eunji was about to greet him, but she suddenly stepped back as she caught that he wasn’t alone.

“I’ll bring you home now, kajja,” Eunji’s heart suddenly torn into pieces when she could notice a smile had shown on his face, while he took the girl arm to signal her to walk next to him.

Eunji noticed that the lucky girl was none other than Goo Hara, the popular student on their high school. Hara leaned her head on Junhyung’s arm and they were giggling and walking away without noticing Eunji’s presence.

Even if the heartbroken girl willed her feet to move, there was no way she could stop looking at them. And that was when she could clearly see that their lips suddenly connected into a slight kiss.

***

 

“What’s wrong with you, Ji? You’ve been avoiding me during this week by all of the sudden,” Junhyung frowned when he found Eunji sitting on the park bench near their school, before he decided to join her.

“No, nothing,” Eunji’s eyes flicked to the trees. She tried to avoid his gaze.

“Tell me,” Junhyung said and he placed his hand on her face, positioning it so that she was looking right at him. “Don’t lie to me. Remember, I’m your best friend.”

She forced her eyes downwards, still avoiding eye contact.

“Eunji-ya… Is it because you have a crush on me?”

“Yah! Junhyung oppa, please don’t talk nonsense!” Eunji snorted. “We should go back to the class now. See you again.” Eunji was about to walk away but Junhyung suddenly grabbed her wrist.

“Wait, Ji,”

“What happened?”

“I wanted to tell you that I will move to US… tomorrow…”

That was what he had said. And after he moved to US that day, he never came back. He ever tried to call her by phone and send her some emails. But, Eunji decided to avoid him.

***

 

“So, it was an unrequited love, huh?” Bomi scoffed when Eunji had told her about her ‘past relationship’ with Yong Junhyung – the new transfer student. Eunji and Bomi were staying at the cafeteria during the recess time.

Eunji shrugged. “Yeah, I thought so…”

“How about you’re feeling toward him now? I mean, did you still love him?” Bomi asked in curiosity as she bitted her spoon.

Eunji frowned and took a deep breath before spoke out. “I... don’t know, B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter