Happy Bithday If You Please...

5 White Girls and 5 Asian Boys (A SHINee SuJu story)

Paige's Point of View:

(February 10)

Not today, not again! I've had to deal with this day for now sixteen years. I used to enjoy it, but now I hate it. There's no point in it, it's just a reminder about how much life . Its a day to avoid and hate.

"Happy birthday!" The girls screamed as they threw open my bedroom door.

Someone kill me.

I sat in the living room with Vance in my lap as Melissa started making French toast. Why do they make a big deal about it? It's just one day reminding me I'm getting old. Katie walked over and handed me a plate, putting Vances on the coffee table. He struggled to cut his piece with his fork and resorted to using his hands.

"Yummy, noona!" He said as Melissa walked in.

"Thank you, Vancey."

We all ate in the living room before Oona took Vance to get ready.

"Wae?!" I yelled at Katie, Melissa, and Jessie as soon as Vance was out of the room.

"What?" Jessie was confused.

"Why the hell are you celebrating my birthday?! You know I hate it!"

Katie looked hurt by my yelling. I was the most mad at her for this. I always told her how much I hate my birthday. It's just another year towards wrinkles and wheel chairs. Before they could reply I pushed passed them and slammed my bedroom door.

I walked out a minute later in baggy jeans and my favorite sweatshirt and a pony tail. Katie was slowly walking to her room, obviously very hurt by my words.

"Katie, I'm sorry I yelled at you..." I walked over and hugged her.

"I-I know but... I'm sorry I'm acting like this."

I looked her dead in the eyes.

"Katie, get happy or I will slap a smile on your face. I know you're still dealing with Taemin and the break up, but you know I can always castrate him for you. I did work on my grandpa Tom's farm."

She smiled slightly.

"I don't want to totally destroy his life, only partially."

We laughed and she walked back to her room.


Siwon's Point of View:

The sun shown lightly through the window as I woke up. Today was starting well, a good sign. Today only comes once a year, well... I kind of have it twice. But still, it's a good sign. Because today is my birthday.

I walked into the kitchen as Ryeowook started cooking breakfast.

"Hi, hyung! How did you sleep?"

"Pretty well." I poured a cup of coffee. "How did you sleep?"

He shrugged. "Okay, I guess."

The others came out and wished me a happy birthday before we sat down to eat. After breakfast I got dressed and pulled out my cell phone. I wonder if Paige is awake...

The phone rang a few times before she answered.

"Yobesaiyo?"

"Hey, Paige."

"Oh, hi Siwon." I could hear her smiling through the phone.

"Happy birthday."

"..."

"Paige?"

"Sorry, I'm just having a hard morning."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just... a little chaotic."

"Oh... Well, I was wondering if you wanted to get something to eat after the concert tonight."

The Valentines Day concert, this should be fun. No sarcasm, I really hope it is. It's a few day early, but it's better to have it early.

"Sure, that sounds like fun."

"I'll see you soon."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye."

I hung up.


Paige's Point of View:

As we walked into the SME building, Vance jumped a few paces ahead of us and turned around.

"Noona, shangir choknida!" His adorable not good at all attempt at Korean was cute. The girls have probably been trying to teach him for weeks. BTW, he was trying to say happy birthday.

"Come here." I took his hand and lead him up to the elevator. The girls and us went up to the dance room where SNSD unnies were waiting for us.

"Jessica!" I hugged her.

"Happy birth-" I covered before she could say anything.

"Please don't say it."

"Happy birthday!" Tiffany finished for her.

"Yah!" I threw my sweatshirt at her as she laughed.

All of us sat in a circle. We were talking about a plan to stop the guys from botching our Valentines day concert. We had heard them talking about it and they were planning to throw water balloons full of pink paint at us and the fans. It was cute, but we want a regular concert.

"What if we just replace them with regular water balloons and throw the pink at them when they try an attack?" Yoona said.

"Or we could just get rid of their balloons." Jessie suggested.

Jessica shooshed everyone.

"We're going to turn it around on them. We're going to..."


Siwon's Point of View: 

Paige stood backstage watching SHINee perform Replay. Her hair was curled and she was wearing a short yellow dress, grey tights, and glittery aqua platform heels. She was a little bit taller than me now, but I tried not to pay any attention to it. I walked over and held her shaking hand.

"You're going to do great." I assured her.

"I've never sung solo before..." She was ready to run away and hide.

"Even so, you're going to be great. I'll stay here, once it's over we can go back stage and hang out."

Her head moved slowly to nod. SHINee ran off stage and Key wished her good luck. The lights turned a greyish blue that made the stage look gloomier and sad. At a slow pace Paige walked out and held her mic as the music played.

"God is dead
When someone fills your heart instead
Your soul's on fire all your needs
How can they call it blasphemy

Love is nature
So you're praying for salvation
For the hearts to understand

That is you
My new religion is you
They say this love is blasphemy
It is blasphemy-It is blasphemy
But my new religion is you"

Her nerves slowly settled as she sang. The lyrics shocked me, who was she singing about? This isn't the kind of song you just sing on a whim.

"Faith is crime
When all you love is one the line
Your script's bleeding
Incomplete and blamed for immorality

Love is nature
So you're braking with tradition
In this godforsaken land

That is you
My new religion is you
They say this love is blasphemy
It is blasphemy-It is blasphemy
But my new religion is you
That is you

Blasphemy-god is dead-blasphemy
That is you
My new religion is you
They say this love is blasphemy
It is blasphemy-It is blasphemy
But my new religion is you
That is you"

Her voice began to shake as she breathed in. I could see the tears threatening to come through as she hurried off stage. I took her in my arms as she breathed for a moment.

"I'm going to go check on Vance..." She hurried away.

As I watched Paige running away Kyuhyun and Leeteuk walked over with a few buckets of pink water balloons.

"Ready?" Kyuhyun asked.


Paige's Point of View:

I packed up Vances toys as Siwon walked into the dressing room.

"Hi." I said, smiling.

"Are you ready?" He asked as I got my jacket.

All I did was nod as I picked up Vance and his bag. We walked out to car and I left Vance and his bag with Melissa. All she did was smile as we walked out. Cars and people passed us by, lights and noise surrounded us. I felt at home. The city, big and beautiful, never sleeping. This is where I belong. Not that little no body town I came from.

Siwon smiled at me.It was that warm smile that I always felt even if I wasn't looking at him. He always has a way of making me feel happy. I don't know how, but he always knows what's going through my head. He's my best oppa here.

"Paige, over here." He pulled me to a food stall.

After eating dukkibokki and taking pictures with fans we started back for the dorms. Siwon stopped me outside of the elevator and pulled something out of his jacket.

"I know how much you've wanted this, so I thought it would be a good gift."

He handed me an envelope.

"Open it before you go to bed."

"Arasso." I hugged him. "Happy birthday, oppa."

"Happy birthday."

He kissed my cheek and sent me into the elevator. Once I got into the dorm I looked at the envelope. It was un marked, what could it be? Before I could open it I noticed something int he kitchen. A small flame sat atop a chocolate cupcake with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles. A small smile formed on my lips as I approached it. I blew out the candles and put it in the fridge.

Slowly and sleepily, I walked to my bedroom and laid on my bed, not bothering to get into some pajamas. I looked at the envelope in my hands and sighed. What could it be that he got me?