The Great Flight

5 White Girls and 5 Asian Boys (A SHINee SuJu story)

 The last two weeks of school were blurred. All any of us thought about was leaving for Seoul the night school got out. No end of school parties, just living our dreams. Our friends congratulated us and would ask if they could have an autographed copy of our first CD once it comes out. It was fun, but I was going to miss it all. We're going to be gone for a year... is it really worth it?

I zipped the cover of my final bag and sighed. Two suit cases holding my closet, one with bags, hats, scarfs, and accessories, one with make-up, another two with books. I packed most of my life up into six suit cases. Mom started loading them into the truck, Jessie rode up on her bike.

"Hey, Ms. B." Jess said as she walked over to me. "My dad is driving my bags over to Kaitlyns."

I nodded.

"In less than seven hours we will be flying out of the country."

"I'm having second thoughts." I muttered.

"Don't! This is our dream." Jessie held my shoulders as I pouted slightly. "We can be who we are in a place where the creativity is worshipped, and not hated by every critic in the the country."

I smiled coyly as mom got in the car. Jessie and I jumped into the back and buckled up.

"To Seoul!" We yelled out the windows.


2AM... Kaitlyn thought it funny, if it was twelve hours earlier then she would have played her 2PM CD. I tried to sleep in the car, but it was impossible. The bumpiness of the road keeps me up, and makes me sick. Oona it chomping on her tako salad, when is not hungry! The slurping is making me sicker. She offered me some earlier but I knew I wouldn't stomach it on the plane. Kim growls from her carrier next to me. She swats at Melissa's hand through the thin bars.

"Can you get her to behave!" Melissa shouts as she moves her eye shade.

"She's just scared, cats don't like car or plane rides!." I shout back.

"Can you guys keep it down?" Katie asks from the front seat.

The car is stuffed. Fitting us five girls, over twenty suit cases, a cat carrier, and not losing the tickets, it's hard even in their big car. Finally we make it to the airport. The bags are loaded onto trolley thingies and we head to our plane. People gawk at all of our bags, at least ten a piece. The bags are taken onto the tarmac with us, and are loaded into the SME private jet... Oh... My... God!

This jet was for SME employees and idols. And we got to rid in it. Once we entered it with our carry ons (one backpack each, plus my cat carrier) we stood there stunned. It was amazing. Melissa and Oona hurried to two comfy looking seats with an egg shaped table between them. The rest of us walked over to this large area where there were comfy couch like seats lining the walls.

  I stood in awe as Katilyn and Jessie found seats. They started talking and admiring the decor when a young Korean girl in a flight attendant uniform walked out from the back and greeted us.

"Annyeonghaseyo." She said. "Welcome, if you need anything press the button." She pointed to a small button under the TV screens.

"Gamsahabnida." I said. The woman walked out and I sat down. It was cozy, in a different way. I really liked it. After half an hour we all were about to fall asleep when the plane started to descend. But... We couldn't be in Seoul already. The flight attendant walked out.

"I hope you slept well, welcome to Seoul." She said.

I had been asleep the whole time? Wow. We all grabbed out carry ons, and my sleeping cat, and walked onto the tarmac. An SM Entertainment executive was waiting for us.

"Hello." He said in English, with a thick Korean accent. "Welcome to Korea. Your bags are being taken to your home for the next year. You will be driven to your new home and you may settle in. The first meeting for you is on Monday, please enjoy your stay." He smiled kindly at us.

The flight attendant ushered us into the air port. It was full of people running around as we made our way to the exit. The flight attendant said good bye and walked away. We were told to wait for a limo form SME. So we waited... It felt like we were waiting forever! After a while Oona started giggling. I looked over and she had a freaky looking butterfly on her finger.

"Paige, check it out!" She moved it closer to me I jumped back and ran into someone.

"Jeongmal mian haeyo!" I said as I turned around.

I looked up to the mans face and stood stunned. Standing several inches taller than me was the one and only Rain. He smiled  and nodded.

"Gwaenchanh-ayo." And he walked over to a cab and got in.

"I just..." I stood speachless.