Formal Parties... SAVE ME!

5 White Girls and 5 Asian Boys (A SHINee SuJu story)

The room was full of idols and business people. I looked around nervously, what if I'm rejected because I'm American? Or they think that I'm the worst singer/dancer ever? Key sensed my nervousness and help his arm out like a gentlemen. I smiled and took his arm, took a deep breath, and entered the party.

I saw the other girls mingling with some other artist, just as star struck as I. Key guided me over to a couple of people.

"Jessica, this is one of the new girls, Paige. Paige, this is Jessica from SNSD." He introduced us.

"Hello, Paige" We shook hands. "I heard you are a very quickly learner, your Korean has been progressing quickly." A knot tied in my stomach. I'm getting better, but I'm not the best...

"Yes, but it's only because I have a great teacher." The knot loosened when I remembered Key was here. "Oh, Jessica, I loved your performance in Legally Blonde." Jessica seemed shocked that I made reference to her starring role as Elle Woods.

"Thank you, I thought people had forgotten about it." She smiled brightly.

"Legally Blonde is one of my favorites, and I had to watch your performance after I heard you got the part." Wow, this was so easy.


An hour later Jessie, Melissa, and I sat at a table watching everyone mingle, and a few couples dance. Jessie sighed and I looked over at her.

"How ya doing?" I asked.

"Okay... I just don't really like parties. Specially formal ones." She made reference to the green dress she wore.

"Yeah, but this is fun. I got to talk to Jessia and Yoona." Jessie's head shot up.

"Yoona is here?" I nodded. "I think I'll go mingle."

I smiled as she stood and started scanning the room. Then Minho walked over to Mel.

"Would you like to dance?" He asked.

"Uh... Yeh." She replied, taking his hand he held out.

Cute. Melissa and Minho sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Sigh... wow, it was actually kind of boring when we were sitting on the sidelines. The clock said that it was only 8:30 PM. Oh crap, I have at least another hour and a half here. Maybe Kaitlyn is... nope, she's talking to Taemin. Wait, Oona is... talking to f(x). And Jessie is talking to Yoona, and Melissa is dancing with Minho. Then something caught my eye, Key was walking over. I smiled at him.

"Hello." He said as he sat next to me.

"Hi."

"How are you enjoying the party?"

"It's fun. I used to pray every night for this." Key smiled.

"And your prayers came true." We sat for a minute. "Do you want to dance?"

"Um... sure."