Second Chance

5 White Girls and 5 Asian Boys (A SHINee SuJu story)

As we walked out of the recording room a boy, few years older than us, walked over. He was in a delivery uniform with a thin clear glass vase with a single lily inside of it.

"Bennett Paige?" He asked.

"Yes?" He handed me the flower and walked off. A small letter was attached to it. It was off a printer, but I can't read or write in Korean. "Melissa, can you read this?"

"Yeah, it says..." She looked at it for a moment. "Love it forever yours."

"Wow, cheesy." Oona said.

"Oh you'll be the same way when your in love." Jessie teased. "But who ever sent it obviously doesn't know you enough to love you. You're favorite's are daisies."

"MmmHmm." That's just what I told everyone. I actually love lilies.


As we walked up to our dorms I saw Kyuhyun hanging out by the elevator. He looked at us and smiled.

"Annyong oppa!" I said as I hugged him. He's the only one I call oppa because he's like the big brother I never had. But I'm starting to think he's taking it the wrong way.

"Hey, what's that?" He asked as he put an arm around my shoulder and looked at the lily, a tinge of worry was in his eyes.

"From a secret admirrer." I ducked from under his arm with a smile as we got on the elevator and waved as the doors closed in front of him. "Who could they be from?" I wondered aloud. We stopped on the next floor and Key and Taemin got on.

"Yah! We were just going to see if you guys were home yet!" Taemin said, his smile wider than ever.

Oh yeah, Kaitlyn had agreed to a date! I saw Key looking at the flower weird.

"What?" I asked.

"Who'd you get that from?"

"Oh, I don't know. Secret admirer." I smiled as we all got off at our floor. As we approach the dorm I saw something on the door knob. A single white lily was loosely tied with a sheer white ribbon. "And who ever it is doesn't know when to stop." I giggled as I untied it from the door. "I'm going to get Vance." I said as  started to the stairs.

Donghae and Siwon offered to babysit since it was thier day off. Everyone was being really helpful since they found out he was here because of the divorce. Pity me, my life's a train wreck. Can you sense the sarcasm? Anyway, as soon as I got to the door Vance hid behind the couch. Siwon was sitting on the floor, Vance's toys where he had been before hiding. Donghae walked from the door and picked up Vance.

"Stay!" My brother commanded.

"We can't, Jessie is making your favorite for dinner." I took Vance from Donghae's arms and he started crying.

"Hae hyung! Siwon hyung!" He began to ball.

"It's okay." Hae cooed in his best English. "We can see you tomorrow."

We said goodbye, and I noticed Siwon was looking at the lilies. Was it that shocking that I got flowers? Once we got home and Vance could smell the mac and cheese he started to settle down.

"Paige, this came for you." Kaitlyn held up another lily.

"Wow." I looked at it. There was silver crystals attached in a beautiful pattern on it. I knew who was sending me these flowers. "I'll be back soon."

I set the flowers on the counter and ran outside.


After getting off the bus I caught her before she entered her aunts house.

"Hae!" She turned around. "Will it be like for? Will I regret it?"

"Regret what?"

"Giving you a second chance?"