So much fun

5 White Girls and 5 Asian Boys (A SHINee SuJu story)

(English is black, Korean is Red, and Japanese is Purple)

Kaitlyn's POV

I entered the party timidly. I wasn't a fan of formal, well, anything. I liked to wear what I want, whenever I wanted to, especially if I look good dancing in it. I looked around the big room and spotted Idols everywhere- U-Know and Max from TVXQ, Jessica and Yoona from SNSD, Amber and Sulli from f(x). They looked so normal here. I stuck out, which I normally like, but today felt different. My hair was curled, WHICH I HATE but Paige insisted, and I wore a long red dress with 3/4 sleeves. I felt uncomfortable and out of my element here. All my friends had ditched me.

Now I might seem all high energy, out going, and can make friends with everybody and anybody, but the truth is this: I'm shy.

I have been since I was little. I had trouble making new friends on my own. When I met Paige, Oona, Jessie, and Melissa, I felt excepted. Now I know what you're probably thinking, 'Aw, poor you... You sound like every other Mary Sue in the world.'. I can't help it if that's the way I am.

As I go and find a table, I bump into someone. "Sorry," I say formally, and bow.

"Hey, you're one of the new girls right?" He asked in English.

I stand up straight. I front of me was Super Junior M's Henry Lau! I was a huge fan of his! "Y-yes..." I answer, trying to seem like I wasn't about to break. Come on, Katie! He's Canadian! He knows English and can tell that you're a big nervous wreck! Shut up, conscious...

"I'm Kaitlyn... or Katie. Which ever is fine," I say, avoiding eye contact.

"I'm Henry Lau of Super Junior M."

I wanted to say 'I know', but that might just embarrass me more, so I just nod.

"Are you here with anyone?" He asks, looking me in the eye. I hate when people do that...

"Umm, no. Well, besides the rest of the group. Was I supposed to have a... d-date?!" I ask, freaking out. Have a date?! I've never even been asked out, let alone gone with just me and a guy somewhere...

"Well, would you care to danc-"

"Katie!" Called TaeMin, interrupting his Hyung mid question.

"I thought you said you didn't have a date?" Asked Henry, eyes sparkling mischievously.

"I-I don't...' At least I didn't think that I did...

"Sorry, hyung... I just need Katie for something!" Said TaeMin, bowing to Henry.

"It's alright TaeMin. Have a good time!" He said, and left, giving me a wink. What's that supposed to mean?

"Sorry about that... I just thought..." TaeMin trailed off.

"You just thought what?" I asked, curious.

"Nothing... So do you want to dance?" TaeMin asked innocently, or so it seemed.

"No, this music isn't really danceable except for slow dancing, " I answer, completely oblivious to TaeMin's hints.

"That's the point..." He says, giving me a look I didn't recognize... His English is getting better...

I look up (yes UP! Stupid shortness... and I'm 5'6"... he's almost 5'8") at TaeMin and ask, "Oppa? What do you-"

Before I had finished, TaeMin dragged me to the dance floor and we danced- slow danced! Thank goodness he was lead, because I can't slow dance for the life of me! But it was nice. He held my right hand out to the side in his left hand, his right hand on the small of my back. My left hand on his shoulder. It wasn't awkward until a familiar voice said, "KAITLYN AND TAEMIN SITTING IN A TREE, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"PAIGE!" I yell at her. She just laughed. I blush in embarrassment. Good thing TaeMin doesn't really understand English.

I look up at him. He looked down at me. I looked back down. He understood her, and so did a good majority of the room. "Excuse me..." I say and run out of the room.