Adventures of a Maknea

5 White Girls and 5 Asian Boys (A SHINee SuJu story)

Oona's Point of View:

Tiffany unni and Yuri unni walked with me out of the studio. They were the only ones that understood me. Shy, loud, weird, normal, they understood what I was going through.

"I just don't get why they are always off with all of this drama when we all just need to stay grounded." I said as we got dukibokki.

"What kind of drama?" Yuri unni asked.

"Where do I start... Melissa and Minho have something going on, but Jessie likes Minho a lot, but Minho is being very caring to Kaitlyn. Paige is dating Hae after she cheated on her and broke up a few months ago in America, and Kyuhyun fell for Paige breifly, and Key and Siwon obviously have feelings for her. Kaitlyn and Taemin have this weird sort of awkward but not awkward dating thing." And I was the odd one out.

"What about you?" Tiffany unni asked.

"I'm just the maknae, I'm just here to be cute."

"That's not true!" Yuri unni protested. "The maknae is just as important, everyone in a band is."

I sighed and ate some of the dukibokki. Yeah... just as important. Then why did I ever get any attention from fans? Only recognition I ever got was called "Octo-Maknae" in a magazine article about us. Just when I was ready to go home I felt a tug on my jacket.

"Oona Unni, may I please have a picture with you?" I saw a little girl and her mom behind me. Did I understand her right? Or did she want of with Tiff and Yuri? Of course I understood her right, I've been speaking Korean since I was in diapers. I smiled.

"Of course." I knelt down next to the girl and her mother took a picture. After saying good bye I felt a little better.

"See, it just takes time to get noticed." Yuri unni patted my shoulder.


As I entered the dorms Sungmin exited the elevator.

"Hi, Oona."

"Hello, Sungmin." I said with a smile. That little girl really picked up my day.

"You're happy." Sung smirked. "Did you meet someone?"

"No, just having a really good day." And I pressed the up button on the elevator.

"I'd use the stairs if I were you, thought Kangin was kidding when he said that the elevator was being a pain."

"What's wrong with it?"

"It's stopping every other floor."

"Oh, thanks!" I skipped over to the stairs and started back to the dorm.


Sorry if it wasn't any good, my brain's been fuzzy because of back to school.