The Schedule

5 White Girls and 5 Asian Boys (A SHINee SuJu story)

Within a week of the party, Kaitlyn was better, and July was over. We couldn't wait for the 1st of August, but it also scared us. The 1st marked us starting The Schedule. We had to go to interviews, make show appearances, go to photo shoots, start rehearsal, go to recording, go to dance practice, and have meet and greets. The guys tried to tell us that it was easy, but the look on Taemin's face when the guys brought up their first week on their schedule told us otherwise.

My alarm beeped loudly as I tried to smash the snooze button. Finally I found it and checked the time, 6 AM... oh God! Who wakes at this unearthly hour? My question was answered as soon as Melissa burst through the door.

"Get up now or I'll wake up Kim." She said before slamming the door.

At my feet Kim was curled up in a little ball, she looked so innocent. I got up and walked into my bathroom. After brushing my hair and teeth, putting on my make-up, and doing my hair, I stepped out and got dressed. There was a soft rapping on my door as I pulled on my blue baseball jacket. I opened to door to see a small, sleepy Oona.

"Unni, can you help me?" She asked in a quiet voice.

"Of course." I smiled.

After picking out an outfit for her (a red silk tank top, dark skinny jeans, and two inch high heel boots) I curled her hair and left her to get dressed. The halls were filled with the scent of eggs and bacon. Mel handed me a cup half full of coffee, as she did every morning, and I went to the fridge. I filled the last half of the cup with milk and three spoon fulls of sugar. I chugged down the whole cup and poured out another cup. After watching Mel make enough food to feed an army, the other girls came out.

"Why is there so much food?" Jessie asked.

"The guys are coming over for breakfast before we all go to the SME building." She stated.


After a fun breakfast, filled with laughing, teasing, and bacon mustaches, we started to the SME building. I liked walking there better than riding the bus. We got to see more and there wasn't as many people.

"Have a good first day." Dino Oppa said before the guys walked off.

We were about to ask the Ahjuima if there was a specific place to go when another woman in a skirt suit with a clip board ran over to us. She had a very stern look and seemed like the person you don't want to get stuck with a lot.

"Follow me, you need to get to the recording studio on floor six. And right after that you have a photo shoot on the roof. Then you need to get to the dance studio on the other side of down town." She started walking and we followed.

She must be our assistant or manager or something... After a quick trip in the elevator we were on floor six and were rushed into a recording studio. The vocal coach there taught us a song the song writers wrote for us and had us each go in one at a time to record. I was suprised at how quickly it went by. Each of us at least thirty minutes to get it right. Then we were whisked away to the roof.

As soon as we stepped out there I froze. The roof was higher than I thought it was... All I could think about is if I tripped. I gulped and took smaller steps than usual. The first person they wanted to shoot was Oona. And of course, she rocked it. She may have been the youngest but she has done this before. Her parents have had her in front of a camera since she was a baby. They always said "She's our little miracle, and you have to treasure a miracle before it leaves you."

After Oona, Kaitlyn went up and did really well. She laughed, smiled, and did aegyo every once in a while. Then Jessie went up and pulled out everything she had learned from skimming magazines. And I was next. As the photographer adjusted the lights he noticed I was nervous.

"Is this your first photo shoot?" I nodded. "It's okay, everyone gets nervous."

I wouldn't be as nervous if the guys were here. After the first shot, which I knew , Jessie and Kaitlyn snuck up behind the photographer and started joking around. After laughing my off, finally figuring out some fun poses, I was done.


It wasn't even lunch and we were driven to the dance studio. We changed into dance clothes and walked out to meet the instructor. She was a nice person, maybe twenty-five, and very pretty. Her name was Eun. Eun was fun to work with, she helped us all with what we were struggling with.

Then we had our lunch break before continuing our training. I couldn't even think about eating right now. My body ached everywhere. I'd worked out and danced before, but never like this! Eun was nice, but her dancing was impossible! I laid sprawled out on the floor with my eyes closed, my chest was heaving as I took deep breaths.

Suddenly I felt my tongue burning. My eyes shot open and I saw Key holding a bottle of chili sauce. The burning got worse and I jumped up and ran for the water fountain.

"You are dead!" I screamed once the burning had died down. I ran at Key who was laughing. He stepped out of the way and I tripped and did a summersault. I ended up on my and the guys were laughing over the lunch they had brought for all of us. I saw ten containers, three with dukbokki, four with kimshi stew, and three with mud fish soup. Everyone took the one that they wanted and started to chow down.

The guys looked at me funny as I devoured the mud fish soup.

"What?" I asked as I swallowed one of the fishes whole.

"I've never seen anyone eat mud fish like that..." Minho said.

"It's my favorite."