Perfect Day

5 White Girls and 5 Asian Boys (A SHINee SuJu story)

I stood there, my microphone raised in my hand above my head. The crowd was going wild! To my left I saw the guys clapping and smiling. He was right, the first time is the best. The girls and I walked off stage and I ran over to him. His arms wrapped around me as I jumped to hug him.

"Thank you!"


One years earlier...

Kaitlyn put her books in her bag as I stood there impatiently tapping her foot. It was like a hurricane in my stomach as I ran for the door, Katie trying to catch up. Melissa and Jessie were waiting for us.

"Where's Oona?!" I practically yelled, pulling my camera out of my bag.

"Here." Oona mumbled as she threw her book bag on the ground.

"Head up, sour puss." Jessie set up the tri-pod by the door.

"No!" I yelled. "Outside!"

Jessie rolled her eyes and went out the double doors to a small green courtyard behind our high school. Last week of school, that means the we have to hurry. With filming and recording and editing. It makes my head hurt so bad! I had already hurt myself practicing the dance, and busted my vocal cords when we recorded the track. But I bounce back.

Jessie connected my camera to it and timed the music to start. And then she stepped into place.


Kaitlyn pondered over the final cut of the video as the four of us worried. Okay, I worried. Jessie poured over her sheet music as Oona and Melissa compared apps. Shopping app, cooking app, game app, timing app, app, app, app! Then Kaitlyn turned to us.

"It's time."

We stood and hurried to the computer. Kaitlyn clicked on "Attach a Video" and selected the new music video. Oona gulped as Melissa blotted a sheen of sweat from her forehead. The courser slid down to "Send". Click... It was done. We stared at the screen as it loaded. One... Two... Three... Four... Five... "Request Canceled". We screamed.

"I hate your computer!" Jessie yelled.

"Don't yell at Taemin!" Kaitlyn yelled at Jessie.

"Everyone stop yelling." Melissa said.

We all took a breath as Kaitlyn tried again. "Attach a Video"... "Send"... Click... One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Our faces came closer to the screen as every second passed. "Message Sent". We screamed with excitement. I high-fived Oona and we all flopped onto the bed.

"You guys are weird!" Mathew, Kaitlyns little Bother, said from the door way.

"Stop spying, twerp." Jessie said as he ran out.

"That was a little harsh, he's a kid." I told Jessie.

Breath, breath. I told myself. It was so exciting! We just entered our new music video to SM Entertainment for their "Star-Creating" Program. Or, at least, that's what Google Translate said it meant.