Just A Small Difference

Powers

Abditive - Hidden, Secret - Dino

 

_____________________________________________

 

Nervously palming the fallen part of his white dress shirt, Dino waited with bated breaths as the woman in front of him stared at the chart in her hand.

 

“Lee Chan-ssi...you’re officially 5 feet and 7 inches!” She announced, turning to give him a bright smile only to find that the younger male has sprinted off to somewhere else.

 

“Noona, noona! I told you I’m taller!” The newly high school graduate shouted with glee from down the hallway of KBS, catching the attention of all the staffs and idols in sight. The maknae of SEVENTEEN was definitely getting strange looks, but the only one in his sight was his beloved tomboyish noona.

 

Slamming the door to f(x)’s changing room open unabashedly, Dino was greeted with a very loud shriek and a suspiciously thin-looking shirt thrown at his face. Blinking in confusion, the boy slid said shirt off from his eyes only for his cheeks to darkened as he averted his gaze and flung the door shut once again.

 

Appearing from behind him was only the dozen members of his group and they were all peeking over his shoulders to take a look at the abandoned object in his hand. Almost immediately, the oldest hyungs tried to rid their youngest of the suspicious shirt, all with visible blushes on their faces.

 

“Y-Ya Dino! Why do you have a female undershirt in your hand? T-that could become badly misunderstood!” Seungkwan chastised, moving even closer to hide the white shirt from passerbys. By now, a crowd had somehow gathered by the group, and some of the other boys were trying to defuse the situation, using their trustworthy smiles and nonchalant excuses to divert the attention away.

 

“I-I don’t know!” The maknae stuttered, eyes widening even more when the door in front of them opened and only he was pulled inside.

 

“Give that back!” A fuming Amber exclaimed, snatching the shirt away and shoving it deep inside her bag. “Look Channie ah, you need to knock the next time you plan on barging into a girl group’s dressing room. You could’ve been in serious trouble,” the female frowned, arms crossed as she watched the light flickered on and off on the younger boy’s face.

 

“...Mi-Mianhe noona! I wasn’t watching on purpose, I swear!” Dino shook his head, ashamed that he wasn’t thinking properly just a few minutes before.

 

“‘Watching on purpose?” Amber mused, raising an eyebrow curiously. “People could have seriously taken what you just said in the worst way possible.”

 

Cheeks staining even a darker pink than before, Dino averted his eyes from the direct stare of the f(x) member as he hid his face behind the long sleeve of his dress shirt. “...I didn't mean it that way!” he mumbled, his voice a bit whiny as he peeked from behind the fashionable hole at his shirt collar. “Noona, you’re just teasing me now!”

 

Amber chuckled, greatly amused by the SEVENTEEN boy before she glanced at the clock nearby and swiftly jumped up onto her feet. “I gotta go!” She screamed, wide eyed when she noticed that f(x) was supposed to go on stage in less than 5 minutes. “We’ll talk later!”

 

~~~~~

 

“Eh, what’s this?” Krystal smirked, eyeing the 13 boys standing rooted in front of f(x)’s waiting room. “Amber unnie, you got some very not-so-secret admirers waiting for their kisses,” the youngest teased, earning her a whack from the umma of the group.

 

“Jung Soojung, you’re one to talk,” Victoria glared, remembering the incident from the night before where they almost got in trouble at Victoria’s hotel room, courtesy of one Jung sister.

 

Pushing her way from between f(x)’s many managers, Amber rounded the corner and was more than tempted to slammed her head against the wall and spared herself the headache. “Ah, right...that...um, hehe” the girl chuckled nervously before her gaze landed on a familiar piece of garment in The8’s hand. “Mine!” she yelped, hurriedly hiding it before her members figured out the situation.

 

Snatching the shirt away from the rapper’s hand, Luna snickered loudly once she noticed the see-through fabric. “Unnie, you actually did the dare,” she nodded in approval, tossing said shirt back at the boys. “I’m sure one of you thought you came into the wrong room!” she concluded energetically as though it was the most normal scenario in the world.

 

“A-Aniya...I accidentally...walked in on noona...um…” Dino hid behind the tallest member, using him as a human meat shield. “Topless…”

 

“Oh-ho, what’s this?” Krystal’s mischievous voice rang up in the silence that followed the confession. “Isn’t that neat, unnie? Seemed like you lost the bet!” the younger Jung sister positively beamed.

 

“The bet…” the f(x) leader mumbled confusedly, before recognition flickered in he? Eyes and remembered the spur-of-the-moment dare/promise that was made months ago. “Amber! We told you they would be affected!”

 

Eyes widening to unbelievable size, Amber muttered something along the lines of premeditated murder but everything, of course, fell on deaf ears.

 

“Oh, before you asked, we were trying to prove to Amber unnie that the opposite does react to her!” Luna calmly explained, smile lighting up her face.

 

At this point, all of the boys presented had somehow gotten used to all the madness and were just eyeing on very tiny maknae. The little giant maknae, they usually called him. “Well...unfortunately, it seemed like it’s time to confess on this side as well, right Channie?” Jeonghan, self-acclaimed mother of the maknae, was being the meditator to his doom. “You and Amber noona need to talk!”

 

“Hmm?” Dino looked up in shock, eyes flashing dangerous message at the angel before they travelled over to Amber. “I like you noona!” he suddenly said, words more confident and louder than they ever were...in public. Coughings and splutters ensued as the older ‘adults’ sarcastically mocked his youthful bravery.

 

~~~~~

 

“That was positively the worst thing you could’ve done in that situation.”

 

“But I had to, noona!”

 

“You couldn’t...I don’t know...wait until now?”

 

“Noona, you’re blushing.”

 

“Stop pointing out the obvious!” Amber swatted the hand caressing her cheek away, eyes stern. “Either way, I’m mad at you!”

 

“But noona, I only wanted to tell you that I’m finally taller than you!” Dino pouted, hand sliding down to take the tomboy’s smaller and more petite hand in his. “Plus, I don’t know why they felt the need to make such a fuss. It’s not the first time I’ve confessed publicly…”

 

Groaning, Amber felt her head made soft contact with skin even as she was trying to give herself amnesia to forget what just happened. She didn’t need to glance over to see exactly whose hand it was. “This is why I shouldn’t date younger guys…” she drawled out frustratingly, although she made no movements to detach herself from his hand.

 

“Age is just a small difference!” Dino beamed, leaning down to peck the crown of her head. “Since I love you too much to let you go, noona,” he grinned, wrapping his free arm around Amber and making the two of them a strange encounter of limbs.

 

“Jinja, this boy…” she shook her head, covering their heads with a blanket before she swiftly kissed his lips. “Don’t be too confident now. I don’t need to be murder by the media as well,” she chuckled. “We’re supposed to be a secret, weren’t we?” she smirked deviously.

 

Of course, noona. Definitely a hidden relationship.”

 

 


Just a cute little drabble, hope you guys like it! My keyboard is a little whacky though so there might be some weird wordings in there, sorry about that~! 

 

Comment and let me know what you think! 

 
Also, thank you to denihilda for submitting the request! I don't know if this is what you wanted, but I hope you enjoyed the story ^~^