The Light

Powers

~Flashback~

"Kelsey!" I called out to my best friend, a big smile on my face. She turned around toward me "Amby~" she shouted and ran toward me, trying to hug me tightly. I dodged to the side as she was about to wrap her arms around me, and she ended up falling down onto the ground.

"I told you to never call my Amby! That's just weird!" I whined. She didn't say anything as she stood up and faced me. She looked pretty serious, and she never really look serious at all, even when it was her sister's wedding.

"Kelsey? What's going on?" I asked her, concerned in my voice.

She suddenly smiled brightly at me "Amby! My crush confessed to me today!" 

My eyes widened in surprise. What did she just said? Did I heard her correctly? "YOUR CRUSH CONFESSED TO YOU?!" I yelled, loud enough for everyone that was there to hear, but she covered my mouth before the words after 'your crush' could get out.

"wtf Amber? Do you want to embarrassed me or what?" she glared at me. I chuckled and shook my head "So, your crush confessed to you? Unexpected turn of events" I said.

Kelsey nodded happily "I was just going to my second period class when he...he told me to go meet with him at lunch in the garden. That was why I was late to come here, sorry. But, but, when I arrived there, he was kneeling down with a bouquet of flowers in his hand and he asked me to be his girlfriend!" she squealed.

I crinched my face in disgust "Cheesy much, huh?" I muttered. 

She stuck her tongue out at me "You're just zealous that I got a boyfriend." she teased. I frowned, but then I grinned "Oh please, Kelse. I don't even want a boyfriend. Who care about boys when you got your bestie with you" 

"Aw, that's just so sweet, Amber" she gave me a cute face. I stepped away from her "Well, because of you I couldn't eat my lunch since it's already time for 6th period. See you after school!" I waved at her over my shoulder and went toward my class. 

"See you later, Amby!" she shouted before running toward the opposite direction of where I was going. Cheesy much, right.

I walked into my class and sat next to a guy with brown hair. 

"Hey, aren't you Kelsey's friend?" he asked me when I sat down. I looked over at him "You know her, dude?" I asked back.

The guy nodded " She's my best friend's girlfriend. He introduced her to me at lunch just now" he said. I smiled "I'm Amber" I said, extending my hand out toward him. "Baekhyun" he told me his name and shook my hand.

"So what do you think of Kelsey?" I questioned him, wondering if he likes my friend. 

Baekhyun thought for a moment "She's pretty and nice, but she gotta be careful". I shrugged "Why?" 

"My best friend, he is pretty much nice and good, but the guys and girls around him that are in his other group of friends outside this school are dangerous. I heard that his past girlfriends all disappear within one week of being closed to him" 

"Creepy friends he got there" I frowned "And I don't meant you, Baekhyun" 

"Yeah, pretty much. I'm sure that he doesn't know what happened to all his exes because when his other friends told him that they betrayed him, he believed them. So, you gotta warn your friend if you don't wanna lose her" he told me.

"Thanks dude. But I haven't met this guy yet, so care to introduce me before I meet him in front of Kelsey? Just wanna see for myself" I smiled.

Baekhyun looked toward the classroom's door for a moment before he pointed toward a blonde guy that walked in through the door "That's him" 

I turned my head toward the blonde guy and it seem he saw me looking at him so he walked toward me. When he was right in front of Baekhyun and I, I stretched out my hand "Nice to meet you. I'm Amber, Kelsey's friend." I introduced my hand.

He shook my hand "Ah, I heard about you from Kelsey. Nice to meet you" he smiled "I think she told you about me already so I don't think I have to introduce myself" 

I chuckled. He's interesting. "Hey, so...just want you to know that you better protect Kelsey well. If she got hurt, you're gonna get hurt too" I smiled brightly at him. I might sounded like I was joking, but I swear I wasn't. 

"Haha sure, Amber. Of course I will. She's my precious girlfriend" he said and walked to the front and sat down in his regular seat.

Baekhyun nudged me "Why did you asked him to protect her? You could have protect her yourself" 

"Nah, I can't. She told me before to not followed her or do anything like that during her dates. Beside, I don't have free time like that anymore." I sighed " I got work to do and colleges to apply to"

"But you can still check up on her and stuff" Baekhyun pointed out

I nodded " I know that. Yah, why are you insisting on me protecting Kelsey? Your friend should be strong enough to protect her" I hit him in the arm playfully. 

He laughed " Yeah, right. Right...he can! He totally can!" he chuckled. 

"Amber Liu! Byun Baekhyun!" the teacher called out to us. " Come up here and solve these problems" 

Oopsie. I looked over at Baekhyun and I saw him smirked. Well, seem like the teacher is gonna be embarrassed badly today. I stood up and walked up the board. I took half of the board while Baekhyun took the other half. 

We began solving the problems that the teacher was teaching very quickly. In 5 minutes, we completed our works and walked back to our seats. 

"Well," the teacher coughed awkwardly "That's how you solve these problems. Thank you, Miss Liu and Mister Byun" 

I held back my laughter and high-five Baekhyun secretly under the table. 

The bell rang, telling us that it was time to go home. I pulled my backpack up and shouldered it. I walked pass my friend's boyfriend "Act like you don't know me when you see me later" I whispered to him before I walked out of the class to meet up with my friend.

Baekhyun stopped at his friend's desk and pulled him up. I heard him ask his friend for him to join the meeting too. I chuckled silently. 

I waited for my friend in front of her locker.

"Amber!" Kelsey called out to me. I turned and walked toward her "You're slow, turtle" I joked "Where are we going to meet your boyfriend?" I asked.

"At the cafe across the school" she informed me and I nodded. "Yah, are you sure you want me to come with you?". She nodded and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the school and into the cafe. When we arrived there, Baekhyun and his friend was already there.

Kelsey waved toward them excitedly and once again pulled me over to them. She sat me down next to Baekhyun and settled down next to her boyfriend.

"Jake, meet Amber, my bestie. Amber meet Jake" Kelsey introduced us and I nodded at him in greeting. "And..." she pointed toward Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun. I know him, He was in my math class today" I said before she could even say anything else.

Kelsey nodded in understanding and smiled at her boyfriend. The waitress came over to us and asked us what we want to drink. 

I thought for a moment before I stood up, pulling Baekhyun up with me. He looked at me in confusion. "Excuse me Jake and Kelsey. You guys go ahead and have your own date. I promised him," I pointed at Baekhyun "That I would show him something after meeting y'll" 

Jake nodded "Baekhyun, you didn't told me that you are already at this point with Amber" he joked. Kelsey giggled "Good luck, Amber" she winked at me.

Typical girl, I thought and smiled, dragging Baekhyun out of the store with me. When we were far away from their sight, I released him and walked back toward my own house. Baekhyun grabbed my hand " Not so fast, Amber. Since we're here already, why don't we go on a date? I mean, those guys did said something about this anyway" 

I shook my head " No they didn't said anything about this" I denied, although I know what he said was truth. He pouted at me and looked like he was about to cry in the middle of the street.

I slapped his arm and pulled him toward an ice cream shop "Fine. But ice cream and park only. Nothing else" I warned. He looked at me happily with puppy-dog eyes and hugged me. 

I pushed him away "Ew, dude." I laughed out loud "People would think that we're gay!" I exclaimed, scooting away from him.

He shook his head "Why would they think we are gay?" he asked, clueless. I just stared at him in disbelief "Look at me. This short hair. Baggy pants. Oversize shirt. Baseball cap. Don't I look like a guy?"

He took our ice cream cones and we walked toward the park before he answered with a "No. You're beautiful, Amber. Why in the world would you say that?" he raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head and sat down on the swing and took my ice cream cone too. "You're kidding. Never heard anybody say this before. You don't have to say this to make me feel happy. You alone are funny enough to make me laugh my head off already"

He sat down on the swing across from mine and looked at me in the eyes "No, I'm not kidding, Amber. I'm serious here." 

His eyes look so tender, so full of love..."What now? Are you gonna ask me to be your girlfriend or something? 'Cause the mood is just right" I said jokingly.

He looked away from me when I gazed at him strongly "Actually yeah...I was about to ask you to be my girlfriend"

"Why would you? Don't tell me, this is a prank?" I asked doubtfully. I swear that I have never heard anybody asked me to be their girlfriend ever since I was little. 

"This is no prank, Amber. Why would I want to prank someone I love?" he got off the swing.

" What are you talking about? Love? You love me? How could you love me when we just met for the first time a while ago?" 

"Actually, this is no first time for me. I saw you before."

"When?"

"2 years ago. You and I were in the same school together. We were in the same class, but I guess you didn't noticed. At first, I thought that you were just a girl that want to get the boys' attention you dressed like a guy. But then as time passed, I realized that I was wrong. You didn't dressed like a guy on purpose. You were just comfortable with the way you look. You play sports comfortably, not minding about falling onto the ground and got dirty. You were just having fun. And I didn't notice until the last year of school that I was watching you the whole time. I developed a crush on you without knowing it myself, but as I continued to watch you, my heart started to beat faster and when i told my friends about it, they said that I'm in love with you, and it's not just a simple crush anymore" Baekhyun explained. 

I stared at his side profile, looking at him closely for the first time. So he was the one that watched me in middle school. My friends told me that someone was watching me, but I didn't believed them at that time. So it was him the whole time. 

I smiled. Now that I think about it, he made me laugh all the time since 3 hours ago in class. 

Baekhyun turned and looked at me " I won't ask you to love me now, but I want you to consider it. I will ask you again in the future, don't forget that" he smiled at me and his ice cream cone. I mine too. 

Baekhyun, you will definitely make me fall for you someday.

~Present~

I was sitting on the swing at the park. It was the same swing as 6 years ago when Baekhyun told me about his real feelings. We are really good friends now. And guess what? Kelsey and Jake got to know each other more and got married as soon as they got out of college and their families agreed.

Last year, Baekhyun went studied abroad, but that doesn't stop him from meeting me online. Until now, even though we couldn't talk face-to-face, we always skype each other. He told me that he was coming back today and that I should wait for him at the park, this park.

Let me tell you this. I think I started falling for him around 2 years ago? I wasn't sure myself, but when he told me that he had to went to France to studied, I suddenly felt a throb in my heart. It was like it was crying out loud. I told Kelsey about it and she told me that I'm in love with Baekhyun, Well, thanks to her, I was pretty awkward with Baekhyun for a few days, but as usual, he made the awkwardness went away totally. He was pretty much the light that guide me toward the path of love. He never pressured me about his confession and he waited for me. 

I was so clouded in my thoughts that I didn't know someone was behind me.

"BOO!" he yelled into my ear and I jumped out of my seat, stumbling onto the ground.

"WHAT THE FREAKY THING?!" I yelled at Baekhyun. "You didn't have to scared me like that, Baekhyun!"

Baekhyun stuck out his tongue and kissed me on the cheek while helping me up. France's way of greeting? 

I blushed and I think he saw that because right away, he proof that he did. "So ready to be my girlfriend now, Amber?" he whispered in my ear. I freaked out and pushed him away.

"Don't ever do that again or I won't agree" I muttered. He smiled and pulled me into his embrace. Then he lifted my chin up and kissed me lightly on the lips. I responded to his kiss while smiling.

Welcome back, Baekhyun, my light and happiness! 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

So I figured out last night that I don't need poems for the one-shots and stuff. But anyway, Chanber (ChanyeolxAmber) is next, so look forward toward it. Thanks! Comment and Subscribe!