Protection

Powers

                                                                         Protection

Inspiration: F(x)'s Goodbye Summer.

I know that there are a lot of authors that had wrote their stories base on this song, but I couldn't help it and wrote a fanfic base on it. The plot is kinda cheesy and fluffy, as I've said already. Well actually, it's kinda the ending that is fluffy, and not really the entire story.

Anyway, enjoy!

                                                                                                                                                                                                               

I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the hall

"So, what do you think? Do you wanna hangout with our friends after school if you're not busy?" I asked you. You just shrugged and was about to say something when a teacher suddenly appeared in front of us, with a big frown on her face.

"Don't you know that the bell had already rung?" she asked us with her hands on her hips.

I looked at you and saw that you was also looking at me.

"I'm so sorry, m'am. I didn't know that classes had already started, so I pulled her with me to talk." you told the teacher and my eyes widened. I took your hand and squeezed it while giving you a are-you-crazy-dude? look. 

You smiled at me while bowing to the teacher, but the teacher had already wrote something on two pieces of paper. 

"Detention after school, both of you" she informed us, gave us the papers, and walked back to the front office.

I stared after her and when she was out of sight, I started to laugh out loud. 

"Did you heard her? Omg, she said detention!" I shown you the paper with a grin. You grinned back at me as your face brightened up. Now, we're talking.

~After school detention~

When I looked up toward the clock, it said that there were still 1 hour left before detention end.

I reached over and secretly poked your arm, so that the teacher can't see. 

"Hey!" you shouted, sitting up and probably forgetting that we are still in detention. The teacher look toward our way 

"What is it?" she asked sternly. You looked at the teacher, then back at me, then back at the teacher. I chuckled silently before raising my hand

"Um ma'am. Our parents told us this morning that we should get home early today since our cousins that we haven't meet for 10 years is back" I lied to her. If you think that what I said won't get us out of here, you're wrong. This teacher particularly like students that appreciate family times and she put family time on top of everything else.

The teacher nodded her head "You can go. But remember to be in your classes when the bell ring" 

I nodded at her, before getting my backpack and pulling you outside with me. When we were already outside, we ran all the way to the place that we agreed to meet with our friends. 

I smirked victoriously "Mwahahaha, I tricked her." I laughed evilly while you just grin at me.

You cried so much on the day before graduation

You held it in firmly since you're a guy

"So it's almost graduation, huh?" you asked me. I nodded my head sadly

"It been 4 years already since I met you" I tried to smile, but failed miserably. "I will really miss you. After this, we won't be able to meet again until after a long time" I started to sob.

You were always by my side and comfort me whenever I'm sad. But now that you have to go, what am I suppose to do? 

You wrapped your arms around me and pulled me into your embrace "It's okay. We will meet again. I will come back here and we will see each other again. This is not a forever good-bye, so don't be sad" you whispered into my ear.

I nodded, wrapping my arms around your waist and snuggled into you.

I should've took that chance, I should've ask for you to stay

No matter how much you assure and comfort me, I still don't want you to leave my side. but I didn't have the courage to do so, not when you're so happy to return to your home country.

I knew I was being selfish, that I wasn't being fair to you, but i can't trap my heart from its freedom of beating fast whenever I think of you, or be beside you.

Your song on the last day of the school festival, the flickering summer sea

I remember when we first met.  

It was the alst day of the festival and I heard your voice by chance, or was it fate?

[Flashback]

I walked around the school ground, looking at every stall that was there. 

I sighed "This is so boring. Is there anything to look at?" I questioned myself, before I heard someone sang. I closed my eyes, listening to the voice as my feet went to where the singer was by itself.

I opened my eyes again once I heard clapping from all four direction and looked up onto the stage. I saw your daze expression and smiled to myself. You seem like you didn't care about anything, lost in your own world. The clapping got louder, but you didn't do anything that a normal person would do when he get applause. 

I nodded to myself as I walked to the side of the stage. I want to be friends with you.

"Hey, you did great! Your voice was the most gentle voice I have ever heard in my life" I grinned at you. I didn't know you, but that was exactly why I'm here. I want to be able to get to know you better.

"Thank you" you gave me the handsomest smile that I ever seen in my life, and I instantly knew, knew that my heart wasn't with me any longer.

[Present]

You are sitting in front of me, singing the song that you sang when I first met you. Then you changed it into something else. A song that was, unknowingly to me, one that you had worked on for a long time so that you can sing to your precious girlfriend.

The friend label is a label that I got to hate

You stopped singing all of sudden, making me look up at you.

"Why did you stop?" I asked you, noticing that you were staring at me with passion in your eyes. 

You put your guitar down before taking my hand "I don't like being 'just' best friends with you" you told me "I hate the tittle of being your best friend. I want something mroe. I want to be your boyfriend. I want to be the one that love you, and the only one thtat receive your lvoe. I want to be by your side to cmofort, and protect you from danger. I want to be the one that you can count on whenever you're feeling lonely or sad." you paused " I don't and cannot stand being on the sideline, watching some other guy steal you and your heart away from me. I don't want to see you run to some other guy, ignoring me even when you know that I will always be by your side" you shook your head forcefully, showing me that you meant what you say with all your heart. Then you took a deep breath and look into my eyes again, this time with determination, passion, and love 

"I imagine being by your side and you being by my side, loving eaceh other forever. So, will you be my girlfriend, Amber Liu?" you asked me. My eyes widened in surprised. You have absolutely no idea how many time I have dream of this moment. 

I smiled widely at you and wrapped by arms around your neck, nodding "Of course, D.O!" I answered you rather too quickly, but it seem like you didn't mind.

You grinned at me and peck me on the cheek "I love you" you leaned down and whispered into my ears affectionately. 

"I love you too, dumbo!" I giggled before pecking your lips and ran away, letting you chase after me.