Hello

Powers

I'm exploring a new concept where I'm gonna try to write my stories based on the songs I listened to randomly because otherwise, I'll be on years-long writer's block. Hope you guys enjoy this new idea! ^^ 

Song: Ride With Me by Nelly


 

Strolling along the beach with no one to listen to, she could feels the cool sand gently massage her sore feet. Hours and hours of practice had clearly exhausted her, and yet here she was, waiting for the man who will never come.

It had been years since she had last seen him, and yet she was still waiting for the one. Years since she had first met him at a club, where fate had interfere and led to this situation today.

Who would have know, a night time full of fun had become her most precious memory. She couldn't get rid of the warmth of the stranger. The friendly way in which he had held her hand. Her first kiss with him in the darkness of the night. The sweet relationship that was unreal had continued even after they had gotten to know each other. 

That is, everything but name.

She was not a girl who was unfaithful. And yet this new feeling was a new thrill to how she usually behave at home. The sneaking around, the playful touches, the secret meetings at the beach.

Their beach.

And now? Everything was gone. Crumbling to pieces was her heart, now miles away from home where she had first met him. And yet as fate would have it, they had met again was labelmates. 

He was Jung Yunho, her sunbae as a singer. The first time their eyes met again after their departure from one another, she felt electrifying shocks ran through her body. Skin getting pale and eyes widening in disbelief, she had stared at him as if he was an alien. Soon after, she realized the shocking truth.

He didn't remember her.

It was just like the tale of Sleeping Beauty, when the beautiful Princess Aurora was denied her freedom after a curse from the witch. Bound to her castle and trapped by thorns, she had no where to run to. All she could do was wait and hope that one day her Prince would come.

Did he? Yes. At least, in the Disney's version, that's it.

But what about her? What was she supposed to do now? He had shattered her heart to shards of sharp glass after leaving her behind with a single cruel word of "Bye"

How naive she had been, believing his fancy words and colorful promises. She had waited for him. Waited and waited for him to come and whisk her away like a princess, but in the end, he didn't. Left alone with nothing to lose except pride, she auditioned for a company with a friend and by luck, got in. Not knowing what she had gotten herself into, she cheerfully boarded a plane and flew to Korea alone with no one by her side. She was willing to take a risk to achieve her dream. Even though along with it was the danger of meeting HIM again. She had know that he was Korean, by the way he had clumsily introduce himself in English, and yet slowly entrancing her into giving up her heart for him. He had her at the word "Hello." 

The victim in this situation was obviously her. 

She, however, refused to give up on her dream.

The dream in which began it all.

Where they both will begin with a fresh start.

Looking up at his enchanting bright brown eyes, she sighed silently before grinning at him.

"Hello, Yunho-ssi. Nice to meet you. I hope we can be friends!" she brightly introduced herself as she braced herself for the rejection.

And instead?

"Hello, Amber." he had replied, smiling at her politely and shaking her hand with his icy palms. The exact same one that she had to herself not too long ago.

And again...

He had her at the word "Hello."