No Lies

Powers

She had told him that if he ever fall in love with another girl, he should tell her. She had told him that if he ever found himself questioning their relationship, he should tell her. She had told him that it was alright for them to go their separate ways when the time come, but she never found herself believing that he will ever leave her.

And yet, when she passed by the park where they used to met up secretly, an ache resounded deep inside her heart. Long wavy hair illuminated by the sun hid the lovers that sat on the bench, seemingly consumed by each other without a care to the world. The man wrapped his arms around his girl as though to protect her from any predator that might think of stealing her from him, and the girl chuckled, feeling protected in his arms.

Warm, hazel eyes gazed at the two lovers sentimentally before a single tear slipped down her face. How could he do this to her? How could he tells her he love her under the brightness of the moonlight, and yet when daylight comes, he is spending time with someone else happily? She knew the answer though. After all, it was never her to begin with. He has specifically said that his ideal type was someone with long, wavy hair. Someone who is girly and someone he feels as though he can protect. Someone who looks like a girl. It wasn't her fault that she never fit in those stereotypical types. It wasn't her fault that her hair was cropped short. It wasn't her fault that she learns to be independent. And it wasn't her fault that she believes he truly did loves her. 

But the end has to come. She knew that no matter what, there was nothing left of their relationship. He had been lying to her. Telling her he loves her. Telling her he cares. When all it is, is a simply no. 

"Hello Ken," the words slipped out of her lips in a whisper as the two lovers gazed up at her in surprise. The girl jumped out of the man's arms, her eyes frightened with fear as she realized the situation. The man, meanwhile, stared up at her in shock. He opened his mouth, trying to explain, but one look into her eyes and he knew there was nothing left. 

"You lied," she accused, the chocolate brown eyes he loves long gone. Instead, all that was reflected in her eyes were the facts that he had lied. He had lost her trust, and he didn't know how to explain himself. "You lied," she repeated, her voice laced with a desperation for at least an answer as to his actions. But nothing came out of him, and she turned away just as another tear slipped from her eyes. At the very least, she wouldn't let him witness the moment of weakness she displaced. No, she hardened her heart to walk away from him. To walk away from his life, and to never look back. However, before she could take another step, a strong hand grabbed onto her and he spun her around. The trail of tears that she so desperately held back threatened to spill as she looked into his eyes and saw the way they no longer dance under her gaze. 

"Amber...please, let me explain," he said desperately, his grip tightening on her arm in fear of losing her forever. She had become an important part in his life, and he wasn't sure if he would be able to live without her.

"Explain...?" her voice broke as she stared at him in accusation, "What is there to explain, Ken? You were with that girl happily, and yet you never told me. I would've let you go...you know...I would've given up. I would've never believe in your lies!" She spat up, all rationality gone as she locked her gaze with the man she loves. Her eyes shown raw anger, an emotion he never knew exists in her until now. And yet, Ken wasn't sure he likes it very much. The emotion made him tremble in fear, the unknown enveloping him like a mist of darkness. She had always been out-going, down-to-earth, fun. And now, the only one reflected in his eyes is someone he thought he would never see, and he wondered if it was because of him. Was he the one who took her happiness away? Was he the one who had hurt her? Was he...?

"Am..." he called out, hoping for at least a chance. He needs to explain himself. He didn't know what made him so mad as to think that the other girl could make him happy like how Amber did. It was his own foolishness to even think that anyone could ever measure up to Amber. To his Amber. But his claim on her might be gone if he doesn't make this right away. No, he couldn't let that happen. He will not let that happen.

"Amber, listen to me," he grabbed both of her arms and turned her to face him fully. "I'm sorry i seemed so happy to be by her side. I have no explanation for that. I don't know how I could think that anyone else can measure up to you. I never meant for that to happen. Amber, please, believe me. I truly do love you." 

Amber turned her gaze away from his, refusing to meet his eyes. His apologies, his words, his actions reminded her of every single time they had fight before. And every time, she would forgive him. Every time, she was the one who loses. But not this time. She could no longer believe in his white lies, in his loving words. He had lost her trust, and it was about time he has to pay. 

"I don't love you anymore, Ken. There is nothing between us any longer..." she said, hardening her eyes as she pulled away from him. A little white lie couldn't hurt. After all, they won't have to ever see each other ever again.

 

*About 1 Year Later*

It was all a lie, he tells himself as he watched the woman with a turmoil of emotions. He couldn't believe his eyes as his gaze followed the only woman who had fully captured his heart, and the bundle of joy in her arms. The tiny baby wiggled his fingers at his mother, seeking the attention that the woman was too busy to give him. Ken couldn't trust the spectacle in front of him. After all, there was no way that Amber could be with child. 

And yet as he found himself following her out the cafe, Ken knew that he wasn't wrong. His eyes were not tricking him after all. That really was Amber, with a baby that had to be less than a year old. Before he could stop himself, the familiar name had already escaped his lips and everyone around him turned to stare as though he was a madman.

Amber froze, the sound of her nickname echoing through her ears like an incoming train. No, this couldn't be happening. They weren't supposed to meet. He wasn't supposed to know. She wasn't supposed to be here. Increasing the pace of her walk, she gripped onto her baby tightly as though afraid of letting him go as she sped past the familiar park with no sign of slowing down. The sturdy footsteps running after her told her that she wouldn't be able to get far. 

"Amber, stop right there!" he yelled out, catching up to her with a speed he never knew he possesses. 

"What do you want, Ken?" she managed to let out as she spun around to face him, putting her arm in front to maintain the solid wall of ice she had worked so hard to build.

"That baby..." Ken breathed out, his eyes trained onto the bundle in Amber's arms with no small amount of wonderment, "Is...is he mine?"

Amber glared at her ex, and yet no words to accept or deny his accusation appeared. It was just a little white lie, she reminded herself. A lie that would have never happen if she never caught him with another woman.  

"Amber, please, is he mine?" Ken asked, stepping closer and closer as he gazed at the baby. Desperation was reflected in his voice, and when Amber looked into his eyes, she stepped back to see the sadness that was displaced. 

"He....Ken, why...why do you make getting away so...d-difficult?" she whispered, her tone laced with guilt and a hint of anguish. 

"Because!" Ken said, his voice getting louder as he grew bolder. Standing right in front of Amber, he couldn't believe the chance that God had given him and he immediately engulfed the petite figure into his arms. "Amber, you have no idea how miserable you made me. And yet here you are...with our son. How do you expect me to react?" he murmured, his arms tightening around her.

"But I couldn't trust you again! I can't...I didn't know if you-" Amber started, and all the difficulty she had ever since she discovered her pregnancy came rushing back at her. Biting her lips in a desperate attempt to prevent the sobs, Amber gained the strength to push the man away as she stepped away from his arms, "I-I don't think you should be here, Ken," she muttered after taking in a deep, calming breath. "Hyo and I will be fine on our own..." 

Ken shook his head, refusing to let the woman go a second time. "You're not getting away again, Amber. This is our son. He doesn't deserve to grow up without a father just because of our selfish decisions. I love you, I still do, so please, give me another chance?" he pleaded. 

Amber looked up, shock at the man's confession, "I don't believe you."

"I'll prove myself. I'll earn your trust again. But let me into Hyo's life, Amber. I'm his father. I will not walk away just because you tell me to. I want Hyo to have both his mother and father by his side. I don't want him to suffer the emotional pain..." Ken explained as he took one of her hands and gave it a reassuring squeeze. This time, she did not pulled away.

"One chance...that's all...." she muttered, giving in. It had been hard for her when she was pregnant. Those nine months of morning sickness and having no one to rely on had taken a toll on her, and before she even has a chance to recover from child birth, she was back into the cruel reality of having to provide for her child and herself. And now that Ken was finally here, Amber didn't know how she feels. She knew the man would take up the responsibillity of being a father, but she doesn't want him to stay because he feels obligate to. She didn't want him to feel force to be there and end up in another woman's arms again. She knew she could not deal with the pain a second time. 

"One chance, that's all I will need. Thank you, Amber," Ken breathed a sigh of relief as he hesitantly pulled Amber toward him for a hug. One arm wrapped around the small of her back, Ken smiled slightly at the deja vu that came from being near her once again. Before he could enjoy it for long, however, Amber pulled away and frowned up at him. 

"Don't crush Hyo," she glared at the adult male and cradled the bundle protectively in her arms. "If you hurt him, I will never forgive you, Ken!" she threatened, but all fell through the man's ears as his eyes turned toward his son. The baby's round and warm chocolate eyes gazed up at his father, not knowing who this new man was. However, before Ken could get used to the new paternal feeling, Hyo reached his arms up with a cheeky grin on his face, wanting Ken to hold him. Ken, bewildered, look over at Amber as though asking her if he was dreaming or not and Amber couldn't help but to let a smile crack at the sight of the man's confused face. Before he could protest, she placed the baby into Ken's arms and the man desperately grasped onto the baby in an attempt to safely hold the baby. 

"Hello little guy," Ken cooed at his and Amber's smaller version, a wild smile spreading across his face and Hyo laughed, raising his arms up and swinging it wildly toward his father's face. 

"One chance, Ken," Amber reminded him as she watched the scene. She had always dream of the perfect family when she was little, and even when Hyo was born, she had wish that Ken would have burst into the room just for her. Of course, none of that happened, but now that she looked at Ken holding their son so happily, a small part of her wish that her dream could come true. A joyful and warm family, where laughter would fill the house whenever she comes home. A place where she could truly be herself without being judge, and a place where she belongss.

Maybe it would come true after all. Their vision, that is, of a time long ago when the two were naive teenagers dreaming of the perfect family. 


Here you go! A very sad/fluffy/happy story. I hope everyone enjoy their weekend and Amber's new song, 'Borders'

Comment below and tell me what you think of both the story and the song!