You Don't Have To Try

Powers

"Someone feminine" 

That was all they had focused on when they asked him about his ideal type, but what they don't know was that her outer appearance matters to him less than a speckle of dirt. He had emphasized on having a good first impression and that he would rather fall in love in the first meeting through pure inner connections and feelings rather than looks, and yet all of that was simply overlooked and he remained like all the other male idols, with ideal types of 'someone feminine and cute.' 

And yet, imagine their surprises when he came out as being in a relationship with her. The one girl everyone overlooked just because she doesn't mold into the typical feminine idol and preferred to expresses herself through her music and style. The reporters had instantaneously flocked to both Jellyfish Entertainment and SM Entertainment, demanding answers to their only question. 

"Why her?" 

 

 

"I don't know what they told you guys, but no, we're not engage." Amber sighed in exasperation as she fiddled with her own thumb, occasionally rolling the ring on her ring finger as she talked to her sister through the phone. Jackie was proving to be an even more protective sister than the younger Liu had expected, but it didn't mean that she wasn't amused by how her older sister seemed to have lost all rational thoughts the moment she heard the news. 

"But Amber!" The older Liu sister protested, her voice ringing loud and clear throughout the waiting room and Amber's group members turned to look at their rapper and soon-to-be-engaged tomboy with teasing smiles on their faces. Not contracting to the expects,  Amber was clueless to all that was going on, including the fact that there amounted to be a weirdly unusual lump hiding behind the girl group's couch and that the other 3 were clearly trying to hide said lump. 

"Amber, c'mon now, spare your sister. We're going on stage in 5 minutes!" Victoria called out to the tomboy in hope of getting her off the phone and Amber turned to glance at her leader before ending the call with Jackie. The girl could deal with the older female later. Putting her phone down onto the nearby table, Amber finally sat down so that her makeup artist could put the finishing touch before they would have to go on stage. Not that it was too hard. After all, this comeback's concept was f(x)'s natural looks and all images were forgone. Amber had obviously questioned why the producers decided to let them go all-natural now of all time, but her inquiries were simply ignored. They were all in on the plan.

Months before the news broke out, of course. 

 

 

"Beautiful Stranger, I’ve fallen into your big eyes. To the mysterious feeling, the language, I open my heart. Beautiful stranger, people say that you’re dangerous. They don’t try to see the you that I see~" a mysterious voice rang out in the middle of the concert as all the music shut off to accomodate the new melody. Amber's eyes narrowed suspiciously as her mind reeled to try to figure out who the owner of the voice is, and all the while, her members had somehow managed to sneak off the stage, leaving Amber alone with the newcomer. 

"Only you know me, you are my last. I’m scared of myself if you leave me." At this point, a silhouette appeared in the distance and a pastel light shone on him. However, his identity was still compromised. That is, to everyone except Amber. 

"Jung Taekwoon, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Amber said, her voice barely above the whisper in the crowd of cheers that went out as soon as the audience realized who he was. Meanwhile, the big screens that originally shown the f(x) members were now focused on the two people on the lone stage, with one advancing toward the other with a clear intent on his mind. 

"Listen to your heart, won't let you down. Cause you should be my Lady!" By this point, it was clear to everyone else beside the heroine herself what the man had in mind as the crowd slowly died down into a hushed whisper. As he came closer and closer to her, Amber furrowed her eyebrows even more, questioning him through eye contacts alone. However, it was not enough to break the usually quiet and stoic man's resolve. The moment Jung Taekwoon was in front of her, he dropped down onto one knee, taking her left hand in his softly as he gazed up at her with tender eyes. 

"Amber Josephine Liu, will you marry me?" He asked, pulling a velvet box from his suit pocket and opening the said enclosement, knowing fully well that the girl in front of him was beyond oblivious unless the most important object was glinting right at her. Amber, meanwhile, stared down at the simple cut of a diamond ring in front of her, residing quiet comfortably in its box, before she looked down at him and after a few seconds, a big smile bloomed from her face. 

"Babo!" Amber whispered to him before she leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. "Of course I'll marry you," she answered, her voice ringing throughout the whole auditorium even as he slipped their real engagement ring onto her finger right after taking off the toy ring he had bought her so long ago. The toy ring that had started his promise to spend the rest of his life with her. 

 

 

*4 Years Ago* 

"Amber, what are you doing!?" A protesting Leo was pulled down the street by one over-energetic tomboy, breaking off his chic and cold-city-man facade as easily as breathing.  To her, he is the sweetest boyfriend anyone could ever ask for and even though they had only been dating for 2 years, she felt as though she knew him her whole life. And to him, she is the one who can make his real personalities come forward even without trying. Amber, the only girl who can be found dragging a poor male idol down the streets, hands holding each other's tightly, and still not be found with reporters and antis blasting her ears off about dating said male idol. And in this case, the man was one Jung Taekwoon, proclaimed the chic man of VIXX. 

"I'm just showing you something!" The f(x)'s rapper fired off immediately after his question merely passed through her ears. Hand still gripping onto his much larger one, Amber pulled the vocalist into a candy shop and pointed at a Ring Pop excitedly. "Look, Leo! They made a new flavor!" the girl smiled brightly and Jung Taekwoon, for the first time in his life, couldn't believed that he was pulled out of his songwriting corner to looked at a new flavor of candy. Eyeing his girlfriend with suspicion, Leo quietly questioned why she dragged him all the way here for this, and Amber flashed a grin at him. 

"You've been too busy, holed up in your little corner of music despair," the experienced songwriter replied, having already bought the new Ring Pop and was now in the process of taking the wrapper off. "Go out and have fun in a while. Ravi and the others are really worried about you, y'know," she easily made a small hoop with the wrapper before she popped the candy into his mouth. Taken back in surprise, Leo managed to sputter something about the Ring Pop being hers, but Amber merely waved it off before she took his hand and they headed to a nearby cafe. 

Only at this point did Jung Taekwoon understood the reason why she had decided to take the long way back home to pick him up and brought him to the small candy shop at the far corner of Seoul. Only at this point did Jung Taekwoon decided that he was going to get her a real ring someday.  A ring that would signified the happiness that had filled his heart even with just a mere look from her. The look that had brought them together in the first place. 

 

 

*2 Years Ago* 

"Annyeonghaseyo, VIXX LR imnida!" The two boys greeted awkwardly, feeling the emptiness left behind without the other 4 members of their usually rowdy group. The void of VIXX's silly leader, N, was enormous to Leo as he was the one who had to start their introduction as VIXX LR. 

Amber, Kangin, and Gongchan looked at the duo with amusement before the 3 hosts bursted out laughing. The lone girl in the group of guys went over to greet the newbies, and yet experienced variety idols with her friendly clasps of hands and bro-hugs. However, after greeting Ravi with a quick hug, she was just able to shake Leo's hand when their eyes met for the first time and the moment between the two seemed to stretch on infinitely. At least, it would if it wasn't for the fact that Gongchan had nonchalantly stepped pass them due in part to his jealousy of having his noona taken away for so long. 

"Gongchan!" Amber scowled at the younger man jokingly before she finished the forgotten handshake with Leo and flashed him a bright grin. "Welcome to AS4U, Leo," she had taken care to whispered into his ears as she went by him to go get ready in her own waiting room. Of course, the lingering scent of the tomboy did not bypassed the silent man of VIXX, and he had took the memory to heart. 

 

 

*Present Day* 

"Okay fine, you're right. Jeez, Jackie, I can't believe you were all in it to tricked me!" Amber groaned into the phone, her new ring reflecting the bright light that hung above the conference's waiting room. The tomboy had fell for the ploy, hook, line, and sinker. But tricking her didn't come with a pleasant aftermath. 

After the initial shock and surprise had died from his proposal and the happiness that surged when the ring was slid onto her finger snuggily, Amber finally remembered what just occurred and piece by piece, she realized exactly what just happened. The whole damn crew of stage producers, her fellow f(x) members, and her own family had joined force with one Jung Taekwoon to conspired against her. She knew she was oblivious, but this was taking it too far. She should have known when the girls she had came to call her best friends had suddenly decided that she needed to give Jackie a call. She should have known when a suspicious big amount of empty boxes were brought into their waiting room. And she really should have known when the stage crew had exchanged giddy glances right before she went on stage. 

But goddamnit, Amber Liu could never be mad at Jung Taekwoon. One look at his puppy-dog face and downcasted eyes filled to the brim with crocodile tears was enough to make the rapper feel regretful about her initial plan to murder her new fiance. Sighing in defeat, she took a glance at the proclaimed VIXX's chic man and her resolves completely crumbled when she spotted the small dimple smile hidden beneath his hair as he stared down at his own ring finger, occupied with a similar ring to hers. A single question popped into her mind. How the hell and where the hell did all his courage from earlier came from? 

 

 

*6 Months Before* 

"I don't know who Amber's secret boyfriend is, but do you think I have a chance to steal her away?" Kim Myungsoo asked his leader, Sunggyu, as they both enjoyed a simple cup of coffee in a small cafe shop near the Woollim building. As he had no schedule that morning, Leo was also invited along to the outing and as he was closed friends with both Sunggyu and later on, Myungsoo, he agreed to the trip. But with a single, seemingly harmless question, all thoughts of a peaceful day went right out the windows. 

A small twitch of anger appeared on Jung Taekwoon's face, and unbeknownst to the vocalist, both of the Infinite members had noticed with pleasure and Myungsoo continued on with his so-called rant. 

"I have been in love with her for a while now, to be honest. And it's so secretive and all, but Amber's boyfriend must not have any guts to come out with their relationship. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprise if all of her secret admirers decided to go right out with their feelings." Myungsoo sighed in contemplation, his acting persona in full, kicking gear. The idol-turn-actor got even the smallest details down to the notch and Sunggyu could barely keep in his laughter at this point. Of course, the Infinite leader would have fail his task if it wasn't for the fact that a very realistic threat made by one Liu sister settled right at the top of his mind and he momentarily shivered at the memory. 

"...Do you really think they would do that?" Leo shyly spoked up, his grip on the innocent coffee cup a little tighter than usual. The two Infinite members looked up in surprise, then glanced at each other using their peripheral visions and declared the mission a total success. 

"I'm afraid so," Sunggyu joined in on the fun. The 'poor Leo' moment would have to come later. "I talked to a few of her guy friends earlier and they were really set on figuring out who this guy is." 

Leo's eyes narrowed and he quietly set his cup down. Grabbing his coat from the back of his chair, the VIXX vocalist stood up and bowed to his seniors in apology. "I have stuff to do. Excuse me." He said as he started to headed out into the wintry cold. 

"What are you going to do?" Myungsoo called out after the older male, forgetting his role for a moment and was completely absorbed in only his curiosity. 

"You'll see soon enough," Jung Taekwoon only answered back in a breezy voice before he disappeared completely in the snowy weather outside. 

And oh, did they see. 3 months after that fateful coffee encounter, news of VIXX's Leo and f(x)'s Amber having been in a secret relationship for the past 6 years came up on tabloids everywhere. Of course, the older Liu sister had rejoiced at the fact that her sister's boyfriend finally got up the courage to announced his claim on the tomboy officially. And contrary to the happiness Jackie had felt, Myungsoo and Sunggyu simply spluttered out their coffee in the exact same cafe the moment the news broke out. The two exchanged glances and sweatdropped at how quickly the seemingly calm Leo had exploded. 

 

 

*Present Day* 

"f(x)'s Amber and VIXX's Leo Revealed Their Secret Romance!" 

"VIXX's Leo Romantically Proposed To f(x)'s Amber!

"Secret Couple Revealed To Be Engaged; About To Tied The Knots!

 

Everywhere, tabloids ruptured into what could be consider the news of the century. Sure, idols had came out as dating and/or engaged to one another before, but not in such a ridiculously surprising manner. Following the breaking news of their 6 years of dating, the tomboy and the 'cold-city-man' had broke the record with news of their engagement mere days afterward. Fans of the couple everywhere rejoiced in the occasion, unlike the situation with many idol couples before, and the public could never figure out why. 

The social butterfly of the industry attracted one of the men considered the hardest to get with a mere eye contact and a smile, and their love story gone viral as soon as the live radio interview was broadcasted to listeners everywhere in South Korea. The couple themselves, of course, surprised everyone even more when they told the host that they never knew they could last so long. The squeaky clean dating records of both of the idols were broken by, not scandals, but a truthful fairytale come truth. 

 

 

*2 Years Later* 

A bumbling and energetic little toddler of 6-months-old crawled in front of the camera, showing the whole Republic of Korea a clear view of her almond-shaped eyes and dark brown hair. Before the audience could fainted any longer from the unusual start to the widely popular 'Return of Superman,' a man picked up his daughter and cradled the little girl to his chest fondly. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Leo imnida!" The VIXX member announced against the black backdrop of the interview room and everyone gasped in surprise as they stared at the boy group's main vocalist. Despite having been married to the f(x)'s rapper for a year, the couple had managed to stay out of the public way the whole entire time except for the news of their private wedding and the few promotions and comebacks both of the groups have had. The faithful fans of both groups did not know that the couple had a little bundle of joy within the year they had stayed out of the public eye, and everyone nearly collapsed again with the man's appearance. 

"Taekwoon," a raspy feminine voice rang throughout the screen and Leo turned to see his wife standing in the doorway with a simple tshirt and cargo shorts on, one of her hands rubbing the sleepiness away from her eyes while her other hand held a sleeping infant that looked eerily similar to the one that had overtaken everyone's screen a few seconds before. 

"Erm..." the man appeared in the interview room again, his arms holding both of his children while he awkwardly stared at the camera, "Ah yes, Amber and I had twins. The girl's name is Juna and the boy's name is..." 

"Ryung got abandoned by his little sister huh?" the f(x)'s rapper chuckled as she plopped down onto the sofa, being careful as to not wake her baby boy. However, all attempts went right out the window the moment Juna noticed her twin brother and clawed her way into her dad's skin to get to the boy. Leo winced and he had no choice but to comply before his daughter used her god-knows-from-where martial arts to fight him physically. Placing Juna down onto the sofa next to Amber, the twin girl immediately crawled over to her mother and grasped onto her arm, climbing up into her arms and positioning herself in the same way that Ryung was in. 

Amber's brows furrowed in confusion at her daughter's actions and she looked up at her husband for an explanation. The VIXX member simply chuckled before he went to prepare his family's breakfast. It doesn't help when both mother and children have large appetites. 

The black background appeared again and Leo sat down onto the chair after having glanced continuously out into the livingroom to make sure that his twins were asleep. Plopping down, the man wiped the sweats that had accumulated and smiled, "Yes, Juna and Ryung both love Amber a bit too much. They are jealous of each other in weird ways." Of course, the vocalist purposefully failed to mention the fact that he had to fight life and death with his kids in order to even get a moment with his wife alone. And they were only 6-month-olds. 

 

 

*A Week Later*

"We're back, New Zealand!" The 5 girls yelled out into the fresh air of New Zealand with a freedom that could never be imagined the last time they came to the country. New Zealand is their place. The country held a special place in all of their hearts as it was the destination to which all their 20's childishness went buried underneath the soil in a time capsule. The country where the 5 girls last had fun together as a group, and it was the country where they fulfilled their dreamed bucket list with the exception of one dream. To have a family. 

"Amber, Juna and Ryung are refusing to stay in place!" Leo interrupted the 5 women's moment and the rapper whipped around to face her husband as her best friends watched in amusement, their own husbands and children by their side. Yes, all of their dreams have been fulfilled, and now the 5 are back in New Zealand to digged up the time capsule they promised to return for. The 10-year-old treasure that f(x) had so gingerly picked out and put in together. The treasure of words that they could barely remember. 

"C'mon now, Ryung, Juna. Don't interrupt Mommy now, alright? You go play with Daddy and we'll have some delicious food later," Amber kissed her twins on the foreheads and almost immediately, the infants went silent in their father's arms. At this point, the other dads stared in amazement and utter confusion before they were told by their wives to closed their mouths. 

Chuckling at her best friends' actions, Amber sighed in contentment before she ran over to them and dragged the other 4 over to the spot where they had buried their time capsule. Hopefully, it would still be in place and not dig up by anyone. After all, all 5 of them have waited for this moment for over 10 years. 

"Ready, girls?" Victoria asked with a big smile on her face, her excitement barely containable as she passsed out the shovels to the others. Even Krystal and Sulli, the youngest members, had come to blossomed into young women and now have families of their own, exactly like how the 5 of them have dreamed it. Of course, their Prince Charmings didn't come on a white horse, offering to whisk them away to a beautiful palace. But instead, the 5 men that trailed behind the women had charmed their ways into the girls' hearts and stolen them, replaced by their own and eternal promises of being together forever.

"1,2,3! f(x)!" Victoria, Amber, Luna, Sulli, and Krystal called out in reminiscent and laughed as they began to digged up their treasure. After about 10 minutes of continuous shoveling, even the strongest one of the group had tears b her eyes as they stared down at the time capsule they had placed together as 20-years-old. Being the leader, Victoria slowly brought up the time capsule that always remained in their hearts and placed it on the ground in front of them. The 5 crowded around the little container that had held their presents for so long, and even the most insensitive man would have known to stay away from the emotional group. 

Her hands shaking, Amber twisted opened the cap and tears finally fell down her face. Leo's heart tugged painfully at the sight, but he knew this was something his wife would have to face with her group members, best friends, and most important of all, people she had come to considered as family. 

At this point, the whole of f(x) were silently sobbing as if the gateway to their tears had finally been opened. All the years of struggle to debut, to perform, to stand in front of a crowd that only belong to them, and to meet and remained friends with each other had been hard, but now they knew it was all worth it. As they each take out the little items they bought 10 years ago on their first trip to New Zealand, the 5 women smiled at each other in a way only they could understand. 

"Ne, let's ditch our husbands and have fun, hmm?" Luna whispered to the other 4, holding the mini bottle of wine and they all bursted out in laughter at the familiar words said years back in the little trailer as they went toward this exact spot to bury their time capsule, with the promise that they would come back 10 years later to retrieve and uncover the past. 

"Yes, I agree," Krystal nodded with a soft grin, her youthful features having turned mature and more beautiful over the years. The maknae the group had known was still there, and yet she had changed. They had all changed, they decided, but it was for the better. The lessons they learned over the years were precious to them as a group and as individuals. 

"Tonight, just the 5 of us. Let's go back to that restaurant," Sulli suggested, holding on to the others' hands. "The restaurant where we first came up with the idea of the time capsule." 

"Yes. Let's." All 5 whispered to each other before they broke out into laughter once again, the tears now trailing down their faces were full of joy. 

In the background, the 5 husbands watched their wives fondly, each holding on to children of their own. 

 

 

 

 

 


Hey guys, I'm back! How are you guys? 

As you can probably tell, this chapter doesn't contain just LeoxAmber moments but also of f(x) as a group. I don't know, it may be the sentiments of graduation but now that I have written this chapter, I wanted to cry ^~^ I hope you enjoy the story and please comment below to let me know what you think. I would really appreciate it if I can read your feedbacks :) 

This is possibly the longest and most emotional story I've ever written, and I would love to hear about whether or not I succeed in making my readers feel the emotions I felt when I wrote it ^_~ 

Overall, thank you for reading and yes, the VIXX era is over! Big Bang is on my next list of conquer and after that, it will be BTS. If you have any suggestions for the stories and/or the next group, also comment below. I was thinking either JJCC or B1A4 . What do you think?