Lonely Heroine

Powers

People called me a witch....People think that I want to harmed their princess....Nobody understand me...

 

I sped up and run, avoiding almost all the sharp branches that were in front of me as some soldiers behind me were chasing after me with rifles in their hands.

"You witch, stop right there or I'll shoot!" one soldier shouted angrily as he stopped where he was and raised his rifle, aiming at me. I winced, frowning at the bad timing of my big injury right near my heart.

[Flashback]

I was a normal, happy girl with unusual magic powers. I can heal myself quickly if the injury isn't anywhere near my heart, or brain is. I discovered that I have this power when I was 10. And when I turned 15, I found out that I could also heal other people. My friends and family loved me, and I was just a typical tomboyish girl. 

The place I lived in was one with rainbows and it rarely rain, but we still have enough water supply, even more than the rest of the world have. You want to know why? It's because in this kingdom where my family and I lived in, there's a secret. It was said that there is a princess, and a prince that protect us. But even they, themselves, don't know about their own identities. They doesn't know who they really are, and what they are doing right now, even though people all over the kingdom knows about this story, and they believe it. There's a reason why they don't know though. The way that they can protect this kingdom, is by staying alive. So therefore, there had been many teenagers who had commited suicide to find out if they are the true prince or princess or not, because the true prince and princess don't die easily.

The palace had told us that if we find their protectors, we have to report to them right away because the king and queen want to know how their own daughter, and nephew are doing. Yes, the princess is the kingdom's real princess, and not just the protector. As for the prince, even though he is the king and queen's nephew, he and the princess are not blood-related. The protectors were never blood-related, even though they were born in the family. They never know each other, and only their parents know about their secret, their real parents. The people that they are currently living with is just the family that had found them. It had happened to every single generation of their family before them. 

There's also a witch. She was rumored to be the one person that want to kill the princess so that she can have the kingdom and the prince all to herself. Yes, every single generation of witch had always fell in love with the prince, and had tried many ways to kill the princess. However, her generation of witches had always failed before, and unlike the prince and princess, she know about her identity right when she was born. She was destined to love the prince, and the same goes for the prince and princess. They were destined to love each other.

That's all I know. And now that I actually think about my knowledge, my parents had been acting weirdly ever since a few months ago when the palace announced that they had found the prince.  And when I said weird, I meant really weird, like they are worried about something. It's unusual, to tell you the truth. They were always the happy and loving parents that every person want to have, and they didn't even act this weirdly when I told them about my special power. But since the day the prince was announced, they had told me to never show my power to anyone....

"Um...sir?" a guy asked, cutting my thinking line off. I looked up at him and he was....handsome. His dark brown hair was styled in a way that I have never seen before, unless he was....

"Hello, Prince Junhyung" I bowed at him, with my hand over my chest as politeness. 

He laughed "Ah, so you found me out." he chuckled and gestured me to stand up "Who are you?" 

I stand up straight, but I was avoiding him in the eyes. He has this enchanting charm that warned whoever look into his eyes will get the heart stolen forever. 

"My name is Amber, Prince Junhyung." I answered his question, not forgetting to add his status. 

"Amber? Isn't that...?" he started, but was cut off by me. Yes, I know I might get kill for cutting in when a royalty is talking, but I already promised myself that if another person said that I was a boy, even in an indirect way, he or she would be my enemy forever. I can't afford to get mad at him though, but I have enough, and even if I die because of this, I don't care.

"Yes sir, it's a girl name. I'm Amber Josephine Liu, a full-fledged female that is living in this village." I let my eyes bored into his eyes now, because now that it was clear that he don't even see me as a girl, I can just give up before even starting, which in my case is a better choice.

The prince chuckled as he diverted his eyes from mine "Ah, yes. I'm so sorry for mistaking you as a boy. Forgive me, milady!" he got onto one knee, took my hand and place a kiss on the middle of it. My eyes widened as I felt his soft lips on my skin, and I felt myself heated up.

"Prince Junhyung! A girl came to the palace and claimed to be the princess! She shown her skills and now the king and queen had confirmed that she is the real princess!" a guard ran toward us.

Prince Junhyung nodded and smiled at me "I'll see you around, Amber." he said gently before getting onto his horse and galloped away. I stood there, watching him until he disappeared completely and smiled to myself.

"Stupid Eunyoung. There is no way that he will ever notice you. He just said that out of politeness" I muttered to myself as I walked back to the house. Little did I know, that what I said was going to be the best way to get the royal family to believed in the 'princess'.

A few days later, news went out, saying that the girl that claimed to be the princess was indeed the true princess, because of her healing powers, and the way that she know the secret name that had been passed down from generation to generation of the princess.

I shrugged and walked back to my house, wanting to tell my parents the news, but when I got to my house I got the most ultra shock in my life. Laying on the floor in the living room with the house dark, was my parents. They were holding each other hands as blood spluttered out from their body endlessly.

I gasped and ran over to them, trying to see what was going on, but there seem to be a barrier around them. My eyes widened. I knew that someone had killed them, because I'm sure that my parents don't know magic.

As I was panicking, not knowing what to do, a gentle voice inside my head told me "Yiyun, read the paper that is in your mom's hand. It will tell you the truth" and then it disappeared.

I glanced at my mom and noticed that there was a piece of paper in her hand. As my hand reach toward them, I was afraid that the barrier wouldn't let me get through but my arm went through it and took the note just fine. And as it happened, the ring on my pinky was glowing a deep blue, making the paper in response opened up.

I stared at the interaction, not knowing what was going on.

"Open it, and read, Yiyun. You need to know what is going on and your fate ever since you were born" the gentle voice appeared again, urging me to go on and I obeyed it.

I opened up the piece up paper, reading it carefully, word by word

"Amber-ah, forgive us for not telling you earlier on. We had thoughts of telling you, but you seem so carefree and happy that we didn't want to ruin your future. Or what we thought was your future.

Read this, and don't panic, Amber. Or else you will never know the secret, and will end up as something you wouldn't want to be.

We are not your real parents. Your real parents are the rulers of this kingdom. Ever since you were born, you had always held the most complicated fate in all of this world. You are this kingdom's protector, this kingdom's princess, and the witch's biggest rival. We're sure that you had heard of the tale of this kingdom's protectors, the legendary prince and princess. They are real and the story was created when the prince was born. The royal family was given a prediction, that they need to make this tale up by a highly respected wizard. But what they didn't know, was that the wizard was never real, rather, it was the witch, the old witch that had made that up. The old witch had already died, however, before she died, she gave birth to her daughter. Her daughter was more evil than her mother, even though her mother was the one and only witch that had killed her own family just to see the fun of it, but she had done even more. The daughter was called the "Wicked Witch of the West". The current witch is around the age of the prince, since the former witch was warned when the prince's mother was pregnant, and when she gave birth to him. They are the most skilled at scheming evil plots and making deadly magic potions. 

We were no ordinary people, however. We had took care of the king and queen before, and we had encountered the old witch. Yes, we are very old and we were defined as the old witch's rival. We predicted that we will be kill around the time when YOU meet the prince, because the current witch had watched your every movement. We couldn't protect you from the witch's watchful eyes, so we decidede that we shouldn't tell you anything until we die, because once we die, your actions and movement and what you said is something that you only know. The witch can't watch you anymore, since you are free from OUR protection. We can't go much into the details, because we afraid that it will backfire you.

Now, the things about you that you have to know about if you want to claim BACK your position. We know that when we die, and also the same time when you will be free from being watch, the witch had already took the claim that she is the real princess, because she's afraid that you will defeat her, like how the former princesses before you defeated her ancestors. 

Your name is Amber Josephine Liu, as you already knows. But you were also given the name Eunyoung as one of your identities and secret. If the witch know about this, then that means that she had successfully gained the royal family's trust and love for the real princess, which is you. The royal family only know about your name, Eunyoung, to identified you as the princess. There is another person that the witch have to pass, however. The prince, Prince Junhyung. Even though we believed that he will somehow find you, we're afraid that it will take him a long time because he will under the witch's spell, like how it happened to your great-great grandfather. No worry though, because there will come a time when the spell will wear off.

Now, your last and secretive name that only the prince and we know about, is Yiyun. This name can never be find out by the witch, or else you will lose all hope. 

We can only tell you that much, because you will have to continue this journey on your own. Good luck, Yiyun. Take back what is yours, before...."

The letter stopped here and disappeared. Maybe in the mids of writing it, they were killed. 

I looked at their slowly faded dead bodies and smiled sadly as tears fell from my eyes. Good-bye, umma and appa. Saranghaeyo.

 

[Present]

I ran passed the tree and managed to hide away from the soldiers because of the tall and large trees that were surrounding me. I leaned my back against one of the trees as my heart throbbed against my chest. I smiled bitterly and looked up at the sky to stop my tears and sobs.

After I got the information from my parents, I had tried to get into the palace, and succeed. My plan was to meet up with the prince and helped him out of his spell, but the prince...never remember me. His eyes were as cold as snow. The witch, a.k.a. faked princess, chose this moment to come out and threw a knife right at my heart, but because of my reflex, I caught it successfully. However, the guards that were with both of them ran in and found me with the knife, thinking that I was going to kill their prince and princess, and from that moment on, they labeled me as the "Wicked Witch of the West". I tried to convince them, the prince, but he just ignored me. I was almost executed, but in the final moment, I have to flee the scene and when I passed the real witch, I saw her smirking victoriously. I managed to got out of the palace and tried to get out of the kingdom too, until the day where I can proved myself innocent, but that day never came. I tried to believe what my parents said "No worry though, because there will come a time when the spell will wear off", but what they said was wrong. It was never true. It came true with the other generations, but this time, the real witch was stronger, the strongest in all of the witches' line, and she knew that if she get rid of me, her generation will never have to deal with the humiliation again. 

I sighed as the tears ignored me and fall down slowly. I looked at the sky, the clear sky was turning into a dark and gloomy one as the sound of the fully armed soldiers coming closer, but this time, there was also the sound of horse galloping.

I glanced at the side and saw that the person on the horse was the prince. When the horse stopped in front of where I was, he got it as his cue and got off the horse, going closer and closer to where I was. 

I smiled brightly for a moment, thinking that he was going to rescue me before my heart throbbed painfully in my chest as a pool of blood shot out. My hands went over to my chest instantly and I realized that the spot I was shot at, was the corner of my heart. And just like the tale said, the princess doesn't die easily even if she is shot in the heart UNLESS the prince can't find her on time and save her. The last part was what I found out when I got my full powers and from the memories of my generation. The secret.

As my eyes were slowly closing, the prince appeared in front of me, scooping me in his arms 

"Amber! Please don't close your eyes. Please, YIYUN!" he yelled as I smiled faintly as him. I reached up and touched his face gently, and I whispered to him

"Saranghaeyo, Junhyung. Our fate will always be connected. And don't forget, that from now on....I....will....always....be....there....by....your.....side. Good-bye." before I closed my eyes, as my hand dropped from his face and the last tear fell from my face.

                                                                                                                                                                                

Okay, so I'm back with the longest chapter, I think, in my one-shots collection. It's kind of historical, haha, and angst. But as you should have noticed, the plot is kind of similar to some story book and/or dramas.

Either way, while I was listening to f(x)'s Pretty Girl, and reading the English translation, I got the idea. And Amber's rap inspired me very much. Lol. 

If you have any questions, or if you're confused about something that i didn't mention, then please ask. I do love to answer questions.

ENJOY! I WOULD APPRECIATE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hihi, hyper me.