Connection

Powers

"I like a girl who I can connect with, can read situations quickly, and can communicate with even without words."

He never knew his words would come true, until he met her.

She never knew anyone can turn her world upside down like he did until she met him. 

They knew never they were meant for each other until they first saw one another and felt the sparks of a new romance. It was a fateful situation, one she never knew exist in her world. It was as though destiny pulled them toward one another, he decided, when he first lifted the strange cap on top of his head. 

"Whose is this?" he had asked himself, and yet as he stared at the edgy object in his hand, he took in an unusually sweet scent that he would never mistake again. It was a weird feeling, but slowly and unsurely, his heart began to beat quickly for the owner of the perfume. 

She had first noticed the strange cap when her friends questioned who the new guy was. Confused and bewildered, she was handed the cap by her friend and when she took it in her hand, an uncertain thought entered her mind. 

"Who are you?" 

 

 

"Hey, wait! Is this yours?!" a boyish voice yelled after him and he quickly whipped around to take in the owner of the voice. A sharp intake of breath was heard from the other person as his eyes scanned the newcomer, and when he lifted his orbs to met theirs, the sparks ignited. 

Beautiful eyes, she thought as she felt his gaze on her. His face was one of innocent curiosity as he watched her, wondering why she suddenly called out to him like that. As she saw his lips began to form words, she dreaded the usual "dude" comment and she began to braced herself for the disappointment to come. 

"Excuse me, miss, I believe this is yours," he said quickly, his face flushing red as he felt the unusual long stare she was giving him. Averting his eyes from her own confident ones, he felt his resolve of asking for her name weakened into thin air. He had first noticed his cap in her hand, and he was only going to thank her for taking her time to find him again. And yet, the moment their eyes met, his mind became completely blank and no coherent words could come to him. She was beautiful, was his first thought, and there was no way he was ever going to forget that first impression. 

"M-Miss?" she repeated after him, uncertainty evident in her expressions. She was not expecting him to be able to recognize her as a female, much less be so embarrassed in her presence. But she felt flattered, and for the first time, she too, felt her cheeks heated up from the situation. Here they are, among the millions in the busy streets of Seoul, desperately clutching onto the foreign object that had brought them into this miraculous meeting. Neither said a word, and even though the silence hung in the air, none of them felt the need to fill the emptines. Instead, they simply lifted their eyes in hope of catching each other's again and the connection they felt were real and raw. New emotions threatened to burst forward, and none of them were the wiser to shut them down and put them in a cage like their past. 

 


A very short and yet fluffy one-shot for you all! New ideas kept on springing forward for me this week, and maybe it's because of all the tests I'm taking, but my stories are gonna be getting fluffier and fluffier. I noticed how sad the last few chapters had been, so I guess this is making up for them? ^~^ Hope y'll enjoy it and comment below for who I should do next!