Compromise

Powers

Compromise

"Amber-unnie! Amber-unnie!" Sulli shook Amber repeatedly, trying to get the older girl out of her abnormal trance. It had been happening a lot lately, with the Taiwanese-American girl slipping in and out of dreamland, or as the four other members of f(x) called it, 'Heechul's land'. They had noticed, much to the annoyance of the said not-so-oblivious girl, that Heechul and their rapper was somewhat in the middle of an argument. Usually, the girls wouldn't care much about the love fights, but this time it seem more serious than they thought. 

"Amber!" Victoria finally snapped after so many 'Amber-unnie' from the three youngest. She was really worried now, but anger wasn't so far behind either. 

The mentioned girl turned around and let out a fake smile at the leader, "Ne, unnie?" she questioned, her voice tired and seeming to not want to response to anything.

"If you're going to sulk around, then go to your room" Victoria glared, knowing she was harsh right now, but she needs to get Amber back to reality. "You're disturbing everyone right now and as much as I would like to scold you, we're late for our photoshoot" 

Amber stared blankly at the girls, before she glanced at the schedule taped onto the refrigerator's door "Oh..." she trailed off "Have a nice trip" she gave a small wave of her hand before standing up and walking to her room.

Krystal stood up from the couch and abruptly slapped Amber "Amb, wake up! You're not going to overcome this if you and Hee-oppa don't talk with each other!" she yelled.

Amber looked at Krystal and then they all suddenly knew, something was REALLY wrong with the couple's relationship. The tomboy had dark eye bags under her eyes, and her eyes were red as if they barely stopped shedding tears. Her face was depressed, even more so when the tears began to slip past her eyelid again, streaming down her cheeks.

Luna went over to her unnie and wrapped her into a big hug, and Amber slumped against the girl, all energy drained from her. It was all too much. She had tried to endure, not wanting to involve anyone else but she couldn't, and now she had officially collapsed under the pressure. 

Sulli walked over to the duo shortly and joined into the hug "Unnie..." she whispered softly, patting Amber's back comfortingly. Victoria watched them and sighed, massaging her temple and trying to get all the puzzle pieces together. Krystal suddenly started to sob, not knowing why and try to wipe the tears away from her face. 

"Amber...tell us...what's going on? We've been together since the beginning, and I thought we promise to tell each other everything?" Krystal mumbled, sadness overwhelming the entire group. 

Amber nodded and lightly pushed Luna and Sulli away, took in a deep breath and plopped onto the chair nearby. She then smiled up slightly at the girls, a real smile, and started explaining.

"Heechul-oppa and I had a fight. You know how it is, about the whole WGM thing with Heechul-oppa and Puff-ssi" she paused, and everyone realized Amber was no longer calling the older man the nickname she gave him when they started dating. She resumed "And I noticed a few weeks ago that Heechul-oppa and Puff-ssi had really fallen in love with each other. So I confronted him about it last week and he confessed to developing feelings for Puff-ssi." she slumped down, her arms on her knees and her hands hiding her crying face "We fought, he said I was...worthless...not girly enough...everything that was opposite of what he told me before...and I left..." 

Victoria came closed and embraced the girl tightly "You've handled it well, Amber. I know you know what to do now after thinking it over, right?" she whispered into her ears. Amber nodded and hugged Victoria back, clenching her fists as she cried loudly on the older girl's shoulder.

*1 week later*

"Let's break up, oppa" Amber smiled sadly as she looked at the older man.

Heechul's eyes widened at what the girl said, not knowing how to comprehend the current situation. They had agreed to meet up at the park where they first started dating to settle the situation before it got worse, and then she suddenly told him to stop their relationship.

"Amber?" he said, his tone questioning her thinking.

"I'm serious, Heechul-oppa" she sighed, and he could felt a hint of pain at the calling of his name in the original way, and no longer the special nickname she'd given him "I know you like, no, love Puff-ssi now. Even though I still have a special position in your heart, I know for a fact that Puff-ssi had stolen your heart from me...if your heart was even with me to begin with" she grinned, trying her best not to show her emotions.

"Amb..." he looked at her, his eyes seemingly full of pain "I-I don't understand...I thought we agreed to talk over the argument we had and make up..."

She reached out and touched the place where his heart is "Your heart isn't agreeing to us becoming a couple again...let's remain as friends, before we can no longer be friends"

"Amber" he called out her name in a serious voice. She looked into his eyes and could already see his decision "I understand. Let's break up and be how we original was, as friends. I'm sorry I called you those things before, I really didn't mean to, I promise. And I'm also sorry for straying away and for hurting you. I'm really sorry" he smiled lightly to reassured her.

Amber's smile widened a fraction "I'll take a present from you before this is over, Heechul-oppa" she grinned and as she reached up toward him, her face became painfully sad, and she pecked his cheek. She smirked at his surprised face "And the kiss of true love will be when you can successfully seduce Puff-ssi" she said before turning away from him and walking to the opposite direction just as a droplet of tear streamed down her face. When she was a safe distance from him, she chuckled hysterically before sobbing into her hands as she sat down onto a park bench "How ironic, Hee-oppa, how ironic." she muttered bitterly, trailing off and cried for quiet some time.

*1 hour later*

Amber stood up from the bench, wiping her tear-drenched face with her handkerchief and walked toward the center of Seoul, her hands stuffed inside her jacket pocket as she observed everyone around her. Occasionally, she would saw a couple cuddling, but as God seem to have sensed her mood, there wasn't too many of those scenes. However, after a while, she tuned out everything and accidentally bumped into a person amidst the busy streets and fell down onto the ground.

"Mianhe" the person, a man's voice, apologized and grabbed her arm to pulled her up. And as she looked into that man's face, the two pairs of eyes widened. 

"What are you doing here, Henry?" she asked, her wickedness starting to kicked in again when she saw her Snoopy's face.

"That's my question, Stitch" he grumbled and released her arm "And here I thought it was a frail man I bumped into" 

Amber's face brightened up at her best friend and she laughed. She crouched down to picked up her cap, putting it back onto her head before anyone start to recognize her. 

Henry peered at Amber's face, and although she seem happy now, from his many years of experiences, he could tell she just cried. He smiled and grabbed her hand, pulling her with him.

"Let's go. I'll treat you to a meal"

 

 

 


Hello everyone. It had been around three months since I last updated, and I apologized. 

Anyway, as everyone who read this would notice, it's a sad Heeber with a hint of Henber, and for anyone who'd been able to guess that this is the start of my new Henber one-shot, you're correct! Congrats! :)

Subscribe and comments please. Let me know your opinions and ideas for my upcoming BAPber. Thank you!