Sweet Nightmares

Powers

Sweet Nightmares

The words that you said that day,

haunted me in my sleep 

I jump out of bed, surprise

when the image of you and him,

constantly appears in my sleep.

Even though you assures me,

"I love only you"

I'm still worried as you might be,

unprotect, and sweep into his arms.

I don't want you to get hurt,

and yet I can't reach you.

I go crazy every night,

wanting to be there for you all the time,

but I couldn't.

I didn't have the chance,

I didn't have the courage,

to say "I love you"

But I want you to know,

the thing that you don't know about.

 

You don't know...

You don't know what you have done to me,

to myself, and...

my fast-beating heart whenever I see or hear you.

 

Zhoumi woke up with a startle as he thought of his Amber and his groupmate holding hands, and kissing each other. He didn't like it one bit. He hates it to every single inch of the earth.

Yes, Zhou Mi is a jealous guy with a multi-talented girlfriend, who is almost half-the-world away from him. His girlfriend is currently in America, and here he was, trapped in Taiwan with his busy schedules. 

Zhou Mi sighed, rubbing his head in order to calm himself down, but to no prevail. He still couldn't get the thought, dream, and image out of his mind. He was literally trying to force it out of his head, but he couldn't. And he hates himself for that. 

Amber Liu is an idol with multi-talents in singing, dancing, rapping, songwriting, MCing, and especially socializing. Once he fell in love with her, he knew that there would be no use trying to stop her from interacting with her friends because that was what she was suppose to do, and she does it perfectly well. Too perfect to her boyfriend's liking. But Amber knew that. She knew and yet she keeps on doing it for only one reason. 

She wants him to feels what she had felt when he and her group's leader starred in a drama together. And how they are the best of friends, and her hating it despiting the fact that Victoria is one of her closed friend, and the fact that she should trusts her boyfriend. She couldn't though, because she thought that her boyfriend was too perfect. 

So does Zhou Mi. Zhou Mi thought that his girlfriend was just too perfect. And yet he never told her that. Heck, he never even said that he 'loves' her. Although he knows that he not only loves her, but he wants to spend the rest of his life together with her, he still couldn't say it. And he will never say it, giving excuses that the chance pass by too quickly, and that she never let him speak.

All in all, their relationship was not perfect. Each of them have to tolerate the other person with patience, but Zhou Mi does the worst between the two of them. He never shows her that he care, that he was jealous, of all the guys that are closed to her. He is the one that does self-destruction. The only one that got his own self-destruction whenever he chose his pride over his girlfriend.

Amber realizes that, and yet she still loves him. Even though she knew the exact time to take the chance and make him angry with himself, she still couldn't get him to say what she wants him to say. The only phrase that she wants to hear from her boyfriend with all his heart is:

"I love you" 

But, he never, ever, reassure her that his love is still with her. It's only her that does that, and she sometimes wonder if she should stop saying it to Zhou Mi, to let him feels what it's like to not hear it from your loved one.

Zhou Mi considered his love and pride as equal. He doesn't know that his pride could destroy him. And his girlfriend. If he doesn't say the sentence soon, he knew that break-up is not that far from their reach. I mean, is there any couple in this world that had dated for 6 years and the girlfriend never hear the phrase "I love you" from her boyfriend? Well, there isn't one, except that if you count in ZhouMi and Amber, then it's 1 out of 1,000,000,000,000,000 couples. 

It's time for him to choose. He can either maintain his pride and lose his love, or he can throw away his pride and appreciate his girlfriend more. It's time for him to make the final decision.

 -x-

Amber smiled as she got off the stage of KCon 2013. Her eyes lit up when she saw her best friend standing just a few feet away from her, with both of his arms opened wide. She chuckled and ran into his embrace, and he tighten his arms around her waist.

"Amber! I miss you!" Henry said to his best friend in English as the latter just laughed while poking his cheeks.

"You're silly, Hen. We just met a few days ago for the show! Remember? You know..you and I singing your song 1-4-3? Hello?" Amber waved her hand in front of his face jokingly as if he was spacing out just now.

"You meant 'I love you' song? Ah~" Henry grinned with a suggestive smile at her. Amber smiled back at him, but her inside were drooping down the drain. She was thinking of how her long-distance/long-term boyfriend haven't even say the words to her yet, and here it is. His groupmate, a,k.a. her best friend, was the first one to said the words that she long to hear in the past 6-7 years. Come to think of it, it's almost their 7 years anniversary, and she was wondering if he might have forgot about it. But she didn't know, if they could get pass the 7 years mark or not. But the possibility of 'not' is higher, and they both knew that. So does the other people around them.

"Aish, Xianhua. You know that I don't..." Amber started, but was cut off when she suddenly felt her best friend's lips on her. Her eyes widened in surprise and she was trying to push Henry away but she found out that her arms and legs had got none strength.

Henry pulled away after around 1 minute, and stared into Amber's eyes with honest sincerity

"Amber, if ZhouMi-hyung doesn't say it soon, I will come and steals you from him. You should remember that" Henry smiled kindly after settling the weak short-hair girl down onto a chair nearby and turned around to walked away. He walked pass Zhou Mi and whispered into his ear "I will be a thief that you won't like if you don't do it soon. Remember that, hyung, and we won't be rivals" before he disappeared completely into his dressing room.

Zhou Mi just stared after his groupmate with a slightly surprise expression. But it soon disappeared away when he regain his half-ly gone pride. His face was expressionsless, as usual. He had managed to came all the way from Taiwan to see her, his girlfriend, but he was sure that he will never reveal that.

Or so he thought.

The moment Zhou Mi saw Amber plastered all over a chair near the stage with a lightly bruised pair of lips, his inside did a somersault, and yet he was still able to keep a calm face but his legs were betraying his face as it increased its speed until he was right in front of her. 

Amber sat frozen, and glued, onto the chair. Her fingers grazed across her lips as she bit it slightly. She couldn't believe what just happened. How could her best friend did that when he obviously knew that she was dating his friend? She sighed, her hand went through her newly cut short blond hair, but before she could even think about anything else, a hand yanked her up of her seat and pulled her toward her dressing room harshly.

Amber looked up, and gasped when she saw her boyfriend's face.

"Oppa, what are you doing here? And please stop it, you're hurting my wrist!" she yelped when she felt his hand pressed against her wrist harder. 

Zhou Mi just ignored his girlfriend, and pushed her into the room, then leaned against it. Because of the sudden push from her boyfriend, Amber stumbled backward and luckily hit the sofa, and not any sharp object ( like the table edge).

"Tell me what you were doing with him when I'm not there. Were you cheating on me?" Zhou Mi growled with anger as he got his arms crossed across his chest, and his brows furrow.

Amber chuckled sarcastically when she realized that he was just misunderstanding. She was happy that she finally saw him get jealous, but a part of her was sad, and mad for the fact that he was not trusting her.

"You think that I would do that now? Do you think that I would do that with my own best friend when it's almost our 7th year anniversary? Beside, do you even remember about our anniversary? I bet not, because all you care about was work!" Amber blurted out all the anger she had felt during their 6 years. It was just a week before their 7th anniversary.

"I-" Zhou Mi replied, but shut his mouth when he saw that Amber's eyes were flaming, with tears streaming down her face. "Amber..." he whispered, wanting to move over to her and wipe her tear away, but his feet didn't allow him to do that.

"You have never once shows me that you even care about this relationship! You have never once told me that you loves me! It was always me who take in your anger whenever something went wrong with work. It was always me that wait for you whenever you are late on dates. And it was ME who tolerate you throughout this whole relationship thing. Zhou Mi, if you don't love me, then please..." she pleaded "Please...please let me go....I have been waiting for you...waiting everyday for you to say the magic word, but it never happen. You never said it, and I'm very tired of waiting for you now. I realize that there is always someone else out there for me, someone that will comfort me if....I..." she couldn't continued anymore as she cried out loud, her body formed into a ball. 

Nobody have ever seen the strong Amber so...fragile...and so hurt before. And Zhou Mi knew that it was all his faults. 

Zhou Mi stared at his girlfriend ( and soon to be ex-girlfriend if he doesn't fix this soon) and marched toward her. The moment he sat down on the sofa and wrapped his arms around her, he had decided to throw his pride away and chose his love. Because he knows that if Amber was gone, his pillar of energy would be lost. He hasn't realize it until now, but it was always, and I meant always Amber who had cheer him up whenever he felt down. Whenever he was lost. And yet, he was never there for her. 

He realized that he didn't know Amber as much as he thought he did. He realized that he was never there for her whenever she needs support, or help. It was always Henry who was there for her, and Zhou Mi knows that Henry deserves Amber more than he does.

But he can never give up Amber now. Not when he had realize that if she's gone, his whole world would be gone, for eternity. 

Zhou Mi pulled her into his chest and let her cry there while lightly hitting him, but he didn't mind. This was not enough for all the pain that Amber had been through because of him, and he would definitely make sure that from now on after he mend their current unidentified relationship, he would always be by Amber's side, making up for all the time that she couldn't feels his warmth and love for her.

"W-Wae, oppa? I-I thought that..." Amber let out a loud sob and wrapped her arms around Zhou Mi, crying her eyes out. It would be the first time that she had cried so hard beside the time when f(x) had their first win, and be realize as an official girl-group just like their labelmate Girls' Generation. 

Zhou Mi smiled and patted Amber's back comfortingly 

"Amber, I'm sorry that I was not there for you when your group first got your trophy. I'm sorry that I was not there when you were sick. I'm sorry for all the time that I have been late for our dates. But believe me, I have never once forgotten about you, about our relationship, about our...7th anniversary. I have been counting down to it, waiting everyday for it so that I could celebrate it with you. I wants to celebrate our 7th anniversary together with you happily." 

Amber looked up with tears-strained eyes, but he could see the tiny glint of hope in them. "R-Really, oppa?" she asked with a tremble voice.

Zhou Mi nodded "And I want to tell you something" he said, lifting Amber's chin up with his hand just a tiny bit. Amber looked into Zhou Mi's eyes, and for the first time in years, she saw the love that he have for her in them.

"I love you, Amber Josephine Liu" Zhou Mi proposed and leaned down, capturing her lips into a passionate and memorable kiss.

 


Yay! I updated my 25th chapter! I didn't break my promise with you guys. Hehe.

So, I put a little tiny bit of Henber in this, as I kinda did with Krisber in SungminxAmber too. But this one has more Henber moments. Lol. And the rest is Zhouber! Daebak me! (Joking~) 

Anyway, I was really indecisive while writing did. At first when I wrote the poem (which is a few days ago), I thought of a happy ending, but while writing the top half part of the story, my ending was turning into an angst end with Henber at the end ( so that I could continue this as a fluffy Henber one-shot later on) but I went against it and make it a happy ending one-shot for Zhouber!

Did you guys like it? Please enjoy, comment, and subscribe! I would love to see them as I am writing this late at night and crying while laughing at the same time. I know, weirdo me.

:P :) :D Have a happy weekend! I might update again tomorrow. So be in tune for it!