Circle of Life

Powers

Leaning against the doorframe, I watched as my boyfriend scrambled to put on his clothes. I found it funny how undisturbed I was by this change of event that could possibly change my whole entire relationship with a guy I thought I love so much.

 

“Mind giving me an explanation, Woohyun?” I asked, smiling gently at him and his girl.

 

“Amber, I…I just thought….weren’t you coming back tomorrow night?” he stuttered, avoiding my eyes.

 

“Woohyun, why are you acting like that? I thought you said this b**** was nothing to you?” the girl questioned him with a huff and purposely let the blanket slid down her upper body to reveal her big chest to him, and me.

 

My eyes gliding over to the girl, I sighed and with a wave of hand, grabbed the door handle. “Well, have fun you two. Since you want me to be away so much, I’ll just come back tomorrow.” I said, slamming the door shut and walked into the living room.

 

Ironically, it was our 8th year anniversary and I had decided to surprise him by coming back early so we could spend the night together, but it seemed he was perfectly fine with getting it on with another woman. Worthless jerk, I thought as I looked around the living room, I even set up the room to be romantic so that you would be surprised.

 

“Amber, babe, please. It’s not what you think” Woohyun ran out after me and was shocked to see the romantic dinner I had secretly set up for us. “Am, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I won’t do it again. I promise.” He hurriedly said as he kneeled down and held my hands in his. Looking down at him, I could see the woman walked out of our room in disgust, with her backless tight dress and low-level collar to reveal her s, and tsked her tongue at me.

 

“Oh please. He didn’t even do anything to me. I managed to seduce seeing how he was rich, and yet he refused to do anything except for taking his clothes off. Couldn’t even do it fully either.” She muttered, scowling at her lost night and went right out the door without another word.

 

“Did she just defend you?” I asked without much thought, plucking a single rose out of the vase. “How did you think I feel when I see you like that, huh, Woohyun? And here I thought you were a faithful guy.”

 

“Amber,  I swear, I didn’t even do anything. I wasn’t thinking and she somehow seduced me….and….and I took her home. But that was it!” Woohyun pleaded as he once again grabbed my hands in his. “I would never lie to you Amber. I even have this whole plan set up for our anniversary. I…I love you so much Am. Don’t do this to me…please…” he begged, looking up at me with teary eyes.

 

My voice icy cold, I flung his hands away and pricked my finger with the rose thorn. Seeing the blood trail down my hand, Woohyun gasped in horror and got off the floor. Gingerly, he held my hand and stared into my eyes.  Lifting my finger to his mouth, he gently on it to get the blood out and I just watched him without a word.

 

This was our daily routine. This was how our relationship had always works. He would seemingly cheat on me, and I would threaten him without saying anything. He would understand everything even without a word, and he would try to persuade me to get back together with him. It was a game of cat and mouse, and the cycle was never-ending.

 

Love and despair are on opposite sides of a coin, and yet to cross the line, all you have to do was make a single simple mistake. All that it takes was a single wrong move, and we would all be thrown into the circle of what we call Life.