Shock at First Sight

Powers
 

It was a famous saying. Curiosity kills the cat.

However, no one clearly explains to me why it was so dangerous just to ask questions. I heard the proverb everywhere and everytime I want to question something, and yet the answer was always the same. It's better that you don't know.

And yet I never heed the warning, and before I knew it, my heart was no longer in my possession.

 

It wasn't supposed to happen. I was only in LA for about 2 days for an event, and yet the moment my eyes met his in the hallway, I felt the greatest pound on the door to my heart. There was an unexplainable gasp that escaped me and when they worriedly asked if I was alright, I immediately avoided his gaze before scurrying away. 

What is wrong with you, Amber Liu? I questioned myself. Why are you like this? 

I never knew these two sentences would send my world twirling out of control.

 

"Amber sunbaenim!" You called out to me, and as I turned around, my eyes landed on your bare chest and almost immediately, my mind registered self-destruction. It was for my own good that my brain wasn't able to control the coloring on my face at times like these.

"What's up, Jimin?" I happily greeted, clasping hands with you as greeting. But as you go forward for the bro-hug, I simply smiled and raised an eyebrow before discretely moving away. "What are you doing here?"

"I-""Jimin hyung! Amber noona!" Another voice rang out in the strangely empty hallway and I dodged out of the way of the incoming bullet. I knew that voice, and whenever it's there, I was in danger. Great danger. 

"Taehyung, you better not-" I threatened but before the words were even out of my mouth, V has already launched himself toward my direction. Mianhe, Jimin ah, I silently apologized before grabbing his arm and pulling him in front of me. Hiding behind the my taller shield, I heard a loud bam! and what had happened registered my mind.

"AMBER NOONA!" Both of their voices shouted when they realized the skinship they had just committed, and I only smiled cheekily before taking off into the distance. 

"THANKS FOR RECEIVING THE KISS, JIMIN AH! I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU!" I yelled as I ran away, waving merrily without knowing what was to come. 

 

 

"Why the hell is BTS here, Amber?" Krystal said, her voice obviously not amused as she scanned the boy group with scruntiny. It wasn't the fact that there were 7 boys in front of her unnie's apartment at 7AM that surprised her (after all, it wasn't the first time it happened). Rather, Jung Soojung did not know that the older American female even knows the boy group. 

"...What did you just say?" Amber popped out from her room, her hair wet from the shower she just took and the oblivious tomboy definitely did not notice the way the 7 boys' eyes had turned toward her as quick as lightning. But Krystal noticed. After all, it was rare that someone actually her unnie the attention she deserve...

But it was too much materials to not make something fun out of. Grinning slyly, Krystal put on her best actress's face and gave the guys a glare. "I ask, what are you doing here?"

"Ah, we wanted to visit Amber noona because we have a question to ask. And also to ask for that favor she promised Jimin when him and V accidentally kiss before." Rap Monster rapidly fired in English, his eyes avoiding the gaze of the Ice Princess expertly.

Raising her eyebrows in hidden amusement, Krystal crossed her arms and leaned against the doorframe. "And why should I let you in again?" Victoria suddenly appeared, the apron around her waist registering in the BTS boys' minds quickly as to why the f(x) girls were being like this. 

"Noonas~" Jungkook cutely pouted, suddenly being pushed to the front by his hyungs...his scared hyungs, and the Golden Maknae took charge to gain entry into the mysterious place that was right in front of them. That was being guarded by the strongest security anyone could have. 

"Aniya, Jungkookie. That never works with Victoria unnie," Luna shook her head in disappointment, her eyes sadly downcasted to show how genuine she was being...Or not. After all, all of f(x) have careers as professional actresses. "You should know Soojung's aegyo will always be the best in our eyes."

"Luna unnie!" Krystal immediately whipped around, her eyes widening at the revelation. "I do NOT have aegyo," the maknae denied adamantly, but the older girls simply chuckled. 

"Um..." Jimin coughed, tapping Krystal's shoulders all of a sudden, "May I see Amber noona?" He shyly asked, and the three girls turned their attention to the BTS member as though to question him of his intention. But one look at his carefully-maintained poker face sent the girls giggling up a storm. 

"Ya, Amber! You better get down here before he explode," Victoria called and out appeared Amber from behind her members. 

"Geez guys, I've been here this whole time, y'know," Amber shook her head before meeting eyes with Jimin. "What's up, Jimin ah?"  

"One second. Before anything happen, Jimin ssi, you really should be more convincing next time. Sure, you're cute and everything, but nobody is gonna believe that you don't care with the way your face flushed like that," Krystal winked, her icy personality gone and replaced with the way she normally is. Teasing, and a tiny bit sarcastic. 

Chuckling, Victoria opened the door widely, "Come on in then. I was making lunch and we have extra. Should be enough for all of you." 

"...Vic unnie, I'm gonna run out of food at this rate." Amber suddenly interjected, staring longingly at the dining table filled with delicious food. That came from her fridge. That was supposed to last her a week. 

"Then unnie should go get grocery with Jimin!" Luna smiled brightly and as though prepared beforehanded, she gave Amber her wallet and her phone before pushing the two idols out and slammed the door in their faces.

"B-But...that was my house!" 

 

"...Amber noona, do you want my jacket?" Jimin asked, already taking off his jacket and draping it over the older girl's shoulder. It was only then that Amber noticed she only had enough time to slip on the curse-forbidden crop top and shorts Krystal had secretly placed on her bed before the boy group made their appearance. And she was currently regretting not changing when her members were torturing said boy group. 

"I'm gonna kill Soojung. I am so going to kill Soojung," She groaned, the crop top moving up more than it should and as though he was staring, Jimin averted his gaze right away. 

"N-Noona, I didn't know you wear...those kind of stuff." 

"I don't!" She pouted, slipping into his jacket before looking at him straight in the eyes. "Just so you know, Krystal was the one who did this, and I better not hear about this anywhere else," she seriously said, glaring at him dangerously. But in his eyes, with her flushed cheeks and petite figure in his jacket, he could not take her seriously. And this was the first time that Jimin realized how good his clothes look on someone else. 

 

"Jimin ah~" Amber smiled, crossing the room in a heartbeat and wrapping her arms around him. "Can I borrow your clothes?" 

"Why, noona?" The boy said, his eyes widening in surprise as he looked the older girl up and down with suspicion. It was the first time she had purposely called his name in such a cute way (not that he would ever mind) and asked him something like that. 

"No reason. But if you don't want to, I can just ask Namjoon," She shrugged, sliding her arms off of him before turning around and heading toward the door coolly. Before she could even take one step, however, an armful of clothes were ed at her with Jimin looking away. 

"...That's all I have. Just don't ask Namjoon hyung or anyone else..."

And that was the second time that Jimin realized how good she look in his clothes. But only his, and no one else. 

 

"I love you, noona."

"...Why, Jimin?"

"I lost my heart to you the moment I knew who you truly are. You're an amazing person and with your outgoing attitude, you manage to attract me without even trying, and you accept all of me. You knew that I can be a fool and embarrass myself, and you knew I'm also an emotional mess, but you were always there to comfort and make me feel better and before I knew it, your presence was what kept me alive, what kept me motivated. You made everyday of my life an unbelievably fun party, and with you, I feel like I can accomplish so much more."

"...Jimin, I did not know you were that much of a lovestruck fool," Jin burst out into laughter, disbelief at how enraptured the younger man was by the social butterfly. 

"Hyung, if you weren't going to help, don't tease me!" Jimin whined, snatching back the piece of paper where all of his feelings resided.

"Ani, but I did help you," Jin suddenly grinned cheekily turning the maknae line's oldest around to face the object of his affections.

"N-N-Noona! How long have you been there for?!" The said man flushed, his vocal rang rising up to unbelievable height. 

"Um...around the 'I love you' part?" Amber tilted her head, her cheeks taking on a similar shade to the one on Jimin's. "But who was that for, Jimin ah?" She feigned ignorance, and a snort from the oldest of BTS summed up the situation. 

"Oh please. Amber Liu, you knew exactly who that was for," Jin chuckled, placing a supportive pat on her shoulder before stalking out of the room. "And I know you feel the same way," he whispered and disappeared out of sight.

"Amber noona..." Jimin muttered, his voice visibly trembling as he looked at the floor, ready for the heartbreaking rejection. 

"...I do too, Jimin. I do too," Amber's eyes softened at the sight and before they knew it, Amber had already slid her hands in his and gave them a light squeeze. And that was all it took for them to convey their feelings for each other...

"Can you repeat that paragraph again? I didn't hear it clearly the first time," Amber teased, picking up the piece of paper and scanning the cheesy lines the younger man had nervously written the night before. 

"Noona~!" 

 

"You never said 'I love you' to me, Amber noona!" Jimin childishly complain, his eyes moving to stare at the woman in his arms. However, the said woman made no motion whatsoever to indicate that she was going to respond to what he just said. "Noona, even though I heard you say I love you on several occasions to your guy friends, you never said it to me and it make me insecure and nervous and I don't like these feelings!" He rambled on and on, his arms protectively tightening around his girlfriend even as his voice get louder and louder. 

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, Jimin ah~" A crowd of his friends suddenly came into the room, the light having gone visibly dim at one point. 

"W-What is this?" Jimin asked, bewildered at the scene in front of him. 

"It's your birthday, pabo! Now blow the candle!" Rap Monster chuckled, placing the cake right between Amber and Jimin. Raising her eyebrow at the sly leader, Amber smirked before sticking her tongue out at him. 

"I love you, Jimin ah," Amber suddenly said, and the birthday boy immediately whipped his head from the chaos to his girlfriend of a year. The big smile occupying his face told of his obvious happiness, and out of their peripheral vision, an ignored Namjoon was gagging at the romantic scene. 

"Say that again, noona."

"Say what? Happy birthday?" Amber tilted her head innocently. 

"Noona! Ani, that other thing!" 

"Jimin ah?"

"Not that!"

"I love you," she finally settled, the cheeky smile turning into a Cheshire grin. Leaning over to her boyfriend, she placed a peck on his lips before moving away, "And that's your present. I was busy preparing this party and other thing so I didn't have time to get your present. Mianhe~" 

"B-But noona, it's my birthday?"

"Mianhe, Jimin ah," Amber feigned sadness before suddenly chirping up. "But don't worry, I got something else too! You'll see..."

 

"BTS's Jimin and f(x)'s Amber revealed to be in a relationship. Leaked photos of the couple cuddling up at the idol star's birthday party surfaced on the web!" Millions of fans read in mock surprise as they stared at the photos that were in the article. It was a serious problem as to why Dispatch thought these photos were leaked when they were obviously taken by a professional photographer on standby. Added to the fact that the f(x) member was always looking in the camera's direction whenever something 'scandalous' was happening was enough for her fans to deduced that this was planned. It was a really sly way of saying that the BTS member was hers, but nonetheless, it was smart. Sure, there might be fans who will bash her for dating their oppa, but those who are real fans will be supportive of the couple and always stay true no matter what.

 

"That's that, but this isn't right!"

"But since the whole world already know, we might as well show it, noona."

"Ani, that's not the problem here. I'm a really clumsy person, Jimin ah, and I know I'll lose this. It's important so you really shouldn't be giving it to me right now." 

"Noona, just wear the ring. If it's on your finger, it won't get lost." Jimin said with a straight face, raising his hand to show the matching ring that occupied his finger. 

"...You're a really problematic brat , aren't you?" Amber grinned before allowing him to slid the significant ring onto her finger. "Fine, I'll wear it, but just know that I'm not gonna be the one explaining this to our companies."

"I already told them."

"...You're a really problematic, self-confident brat aren't you?"

"But you know you  love me, noona~"

 

"I will slap you right now if you don't stop, Park  Jimin," Amber faced turned darker and more ominous by the second. Sitting beside her were the said man's group members and closest friends, but they made no moment whatsoever to stop their lead rapper from getting murder by his girlfriend. 

"Jimin ah, you really should stop. I can't guarantee what Amber can and will do when she's mad," Victoria warned, pity forming in the pit of her stomach for the poor boy. 

"No, I will legitimately jump up on that stage right now and strangle you if you don't stop, Jimin." Amber repeated, making motions of getting up as she glared at the man on stage. 

"...Noona, can you calm down and let me speak? I'm trying to propose to you here," Jimin pleaded, giving her his ultimate puppy eyes. 

"And that's exactly why you better stop right now," Amber sighed, climbing on stage with much difficulty. Once she succeeded, however, she crossed her arms and gave him the look. 

"Noon-"

"Jimin, get off that stage. Now." Krystal Jung said in a strangely calm tone and the said man shivered.

"But I'm just proposing!" 

"Too late for that, don't you think. I'm pretty sure we got married 10 years ago," Amber quirked an eyebrow, letting the man's eyes landed on the shining diamond cut on her finger. And then she forced his gaze to travelled downward to meet those of his oldest daughter, who was giving him the exact death stare that her mom was presenting. 

"Appa, I don't think it's a good idea to try to propose a second time in front of thousands of people as a 10th anniversary present," the 6 years-old bluntly said, her steely gaze reminding her dad of the inevitable that was waiting for him at home. "And it's also not a good idea to try to escape the fact that mom is pregnant either." 

"But appa is a good person!" A bubbly 3-years-old hopped off of Suga's laps and jumped onto the stage. Raising his arms to be pick up, the youngest child of the idols levelled his big, brown eyes at his mom and the f(x) member sighed. 

"See, at least someone is on my side!" Jimin proudly boasted, hoasting his son up on a nonexistent pedastal. 

"Woongi ah, don't you want the cake mom promised? You know, the one with chocolate?" His older sister suddenly spoke up, mischievousness taking over. "Umma said she will only give it to good kids. Are you being a good kid right now, Woongi?"

"W-Woongi is a good kid!" The little boy teared up a bit and turned to Jimin. "Appa, you are a bad person!" 

 

"Don't say it, noona."

"I told you so, Jimin ah." Amber shrugged victoriously, both of her kids by her side with a slice of chocolate cake on each of their plate. "But be honest with me, that wasn't a proposal at all, was it?" 

"A-Aniyo. It really was!" 

"Liar. Woongi was right...you're not a good person at all," Amber chuckled, ruffling her pouting husband's hair affectionately. "I'm not so blind as to not notice that you invited that boy Hyuseo like who is in her class. What were you planning on doing? Threatening the poor boy to not go near your daughter?"

"Appa! That's wrong!" The 6-years-old looked up in shock at her dad before hiding behind her mom, tears filling up her eyes. "Umma~appa doesn't love me!" 

"Ani ani. Hyuseo ah, appa love you. I'll let you date whoever you want, alright? Just don't hate me," Jimin's eyes widened as he went to pick up his daughter to comfort her. The moment the BTS member's back was turned, however, the little girl's eyes were dried of crocodile tears and she had an identical and strangely familar smirk on her face. 

"Jung Soojung, I am so going to kill you." Amber muttered for the second time in her life as she stalked out of the room to lecture the maknae about teaching her daughter of a deadly skill. 

 


Thanks god I was able to finish this chapter today. My computer shut down right when I was about to finish and I had to rewrote the whole thing. It took a while longer than it should of, but here you are! I hope you enjoy!

Since I don't know if I'm actually ending the BTS Era with Jimin or not, I'll leave it up to you guys. Would you like a bonus chapter with V?