White Christmas

Powers

Bright, brown eyes stared up into his questioningly as he stumbled over his words. She thought it was adorable, the way he seemed to scractch the back of his neck awkwardly as he stuttered over his confession, and yet, she couldn't let him know. Not now. It's not the time.

"Amber...I...I realized that my heart couldn't bare the thoughts of...not being next to you. Without you here, I felt breathless. I felt lost. I had no sense of direction with you gone, and...." Sungyeol mumbled, his hands taking hers shyly as he looked into her eyes hopefully. It had been many months since they last saw one another, and he spent too much time regretting over what he could have had, but never had the courage to take. And now that a chance appeared, Sungyeol didn't want to let it go. She was his life, his energy. She was his sun on a gloomy day, his rainbow in the darkened sky. But he had let her go so foolishly, never trusting a word she said in fear for his own heart. The heart that had experienced a life full of despair.

"Sungyeol," Amber started as she reached toward him, her hand moving on its own as it became entangled in his hair. The soft and silky strands went through her fingers so smoothly as though they belong there, and a small smile timidly appeared on her face. "I know Sungyeol. You have suffered, and so have I. You have no idea how long it had been since my heart had been telling me to stop thinking and just go with my guts. And I realized now, that it's right." 

Pulling him toward her, Amber pressed her lips against his fully as she wrapped her arms around him. Sungyeol's eyes widened with surprise as he felt the familiar sensation, except, this time, they are both sober and thinking rationally. 

"Amber?" he asked, his voice tinier than he even imagined as he stared at her. She turned away from his intense gaze, her face slowly creeping up to the brightest red he had ever seen. 

"I just thought...I would rather do something and regret it later rather than just live my life, knowing that I never follow my heart." Amber said with a grin as she turned back toward him. "Why? Do you regret our relationship?" 

Sungyeol shook his head as a gentle smile spread across his face. His features seemed to brightened up and he took her small hands in his larger ones. "I would never regret meeting you. It's the best thing that have ever happened to me..." he confessed and as he leaned in for another kiss, snow fluttered down toward them, producing a beautiful white Christmas.

It was as though the sky was sharing the special moment with the two, and had given them a very special gift. A forever-lasting memory. 

 


Sorry for the short story! I have been in a very severe writer block for the past months, and I tried to write a cheesy story for you guys as a Christmas special. I know Christmas and New Year had already passed, but I promise you that I'll try to write the best New Year story for y'll! Please wait patiently. 

One more left to go before I move on to VIXX. What kind of New Year's story do you want with Amber and Sungjong? Comment below and I'll try to fulfill your expectations ^.^ After VIXX, I'll be considering either BTS or Big Bang as the next group. Who do you guys want?