One Reason Why I'm Yours

Powers

It was f(x)’s 10th official comeback, and the girl group had decided to go on Kiss the Radio as a special present for their fans after their first win. However, they were currently knees-deep in their first dilemma, courtesy of their dear Ryeowook oppa.

 

“So, girls, there had been all sort of whirlwind romance rumors regarding the three of you...and yet Amber’s is nowhere to be found. Do you care to explain?” Ryeowook asked, a strange glint in his eyes as he slowly looked into each member’s eyes individually before settling his predatory gaze on his dongsaeng.

 

Caught by the sudden question, Amber, who was just laughing at Krystal’s silly hair mustache joke a second before, whipped her head quickly and glared at the angel-like devilish older male. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Ryeowook ssi.” She started off before suddenly turning to the camera and feigning watery eyes, “It’s a well-known fact I don’t have a love life, but you didn’t have to rub it in!” The newbie actress turned to her Victoria unnie and buried her face into the older female’s jacket.

 

Feeling her motherly instincts coming out, Victoria raised an eyebrow at Ryeowook,
“Wook ah” was all she said before the male idol hurriedly changed the subject.

 

~~~

 

User J-17 asks: I love Amber noona and wanted to know if noona have a boyfriend!” Ryeowook read out from the screen in front of him, stifling in laughter when he saw the ashen complexion of the aforementioned tomboy.

 

J-17? Oh my gosh how lame does he have to be?” Krystal mouthed to her unnie, but unfortunately, the targeted female was too busy trying to knock herself out (using the poor table as the perpetrator) to noticed the maknae.

 

“Geez, I knew guys can be cheesy but this fan takes it to another level!” Luna exclaimed, trying to lighten up the mood...but also to get the camera to focus on her and Victoria alone because everybody else had already lost their souls.

 

DJ Ryeowook had disappeared, rolling in silent laughter underneath the table.

 

Maknae Soojung was facepalming herself while trying to ritually get rid of the comment from J-17.

 

Amber was just dead.

 

Operation: Avert Crisis Number 2 [Status: Completed]

 

~~~

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, SEVENTEEN imnida!” The huge boy group streamed into the unsuspecting room, shocking their 4 sunbaes so much that one Amber Liu was ready to whip out her taekwondo skills and demolish the production crew.

 

“...Amber, you are one screwed woman.” Krystal shook her head sadly, knowing fully well that even the secret communication code called [English] could not save them this time.

Because for heaven’s sake, the new boy group was nowhere near English-disabled.

 

“Settle down behind f(x) please, guys. The stools all have your names designated on them,” Ryeowook smiled fondly at the group, sitting comfortably in his special plush chair - reserved only for the host, they said.

 

5 minutes and exactly 5 seconds later, all thirteen members had found their spots and were quite comfortable sitting behind the girl group they had never directly met since their debut. There were evidences from [SEVENTEEN TV] that the boy group is actually pretty infatuated with their sunbaes.

 

“Hello, SEVENTEEN! How have you guys been?” Ryeowook started off after having been given a fresh set of cue cards.

 

“We’ve been doing great, promoting our new songs. We actually just came back from a music show and was informed Kiss the Radio wanted us to guest stars!” S.Coups excitedly explained, but from the way his and the other dozen pairs of eyes were trailing off to the girl group in front of them, it was evident focus was at the far back of their minds.

 

Noticing the signs as natural as needing water to live, Ryeowook suddenly gestured to the four females and smiled, “How you met f(x) before?”

 

“We have never seen f(x) sunbaenims in real life, but all of us here watched their music videos and monitored their appearances on shows regularly!” Seungkwan answered with a small grin.

 

“As a rival?” Luna interjected, a smirk playing at the corner of her lips.

 

“A-Aniyo! We just really admired and respected you, sunbaenim!” a panicked Seungkwan’s eyes widened, refuting the claim.

 

Giggling, Luna leaned over to Krystal to whisper something, which makes the youngest girl bursted out in suppressed laughter. Even though Jun, Hoshi, and The8 were right behind Luna, none of them could dictated what their sunbaenim had said even if interrogated.

 

“The8, you’re a special case, aren’t you?” Ryeowook switched his focus to the non-Korean member, and the said idol turned quickly.

 

“Ne?” The8 said in confusion, not understanding what the older male means.

 

“I meant about first meetings. This is definitely not your first time meeting Amber, is it?” Ryeowook chuckled, “I know you guys had previously met on a show as rivals before.”

 

“Ah, you mean the one where we learned Korean from elementary school students? Ne, I met Amber sunbaenim there before!” The8 nodded to confirm, smiling all the while.

 

“Did any of your members watch the show then? It must have been quite an accomplishment to see The8 on the show alone.”

 

“We all actually crowded around the TV in our dorm that weekend to watch the show. You won over Nichkhun sunbaenim, Amber sunbaenim, and The8 was still in awe when he came home after the filming,” Jun looked at his tomboyish sunbae with a bright smile.

 

“...Ah, thank you,” Amber sent a smile Jun’s way after she registered what he said, and suddenly everyone noticed a slightly fuming presence that came from behind the female idol.

 

Operation: Avert Crisis Number 3 [Status: Impossible]

 

~~~

 

“So you’re from L.A too, Joshua? Just like our little Amber here then!” Ryeowook cheered, earning a glare from Leader Victoria.

 

“Ne, being from the same hometown as Amber sunbaenim made me very happy, and I was so excited when I learned that SEVENTEEN would be on the same radio show as f(x)!” Joshua grinned, his happiness radiating off of him in infectious waves.

 

“And your nickname is Gentleman, yes?”

 

Joshua nodded.

 

“Alright then, mission time!” Ryeowook clapped his hands and exactly 43 seconds later, an annoyed Amber Liu got strapped to a heartbeat monitor, much to the chagrin of her members.

Kim Ryeowook was going to get murder later.

 

“It had been said that the nice and gentlemanly finished last when it comes to attracting girls, and we are now here to conduct an experiment to prove that! We have SEVENTEEN, the challengers...and Amber Liu, the reigning champio-”

 

“Champion of what? I don’t remember participating in a tournament.”

 

“-the reigning champion of a stony heart!” Ryeowook had decided to ignore the scathing remark. “ She had been shown to be completely unaffected by the sleek moves by the bad boy of GOT7, Yugyeom, and was the cause of why they lost their mission!”

 

“The rule of the game is that all 13 members of SEVENTEEN will attempt to increase Amber’s heartbeat to above 130,” a writer explained, “and whoever won...will earn a very special treat!”

 

“...They’re using her as bait.” Krystal whispered to her unnies, and the two completely agreed.

 

“You don’t think he would fall for it, would he?”

 

“Oh Soojungie, have you not met him? He’s the most innocent guy you will ever know…” Victoria sighed.

 

~~~

 

“Vernon, you’re up first!” Ryeowook called out, and the second youngest member confidently walked out toward his sunbaenim and gave her a flattering smile before taking her hand in his.

 

“May I call you noona?” Vernon asked, using the iest Australian accent he could muster, and Amber Liu blinked.

 

And blinked.

 

And blinked.

 

In the background, anyone could clearly see the mess the f(x) members had already become.

 

“Woozi!”

 

Brandishing his shiny weapon, Woozi strummed up the most romantic tune he could improvised, and sang to his sunbaenim about the moon and the stars.

 

Amber Liu stared.

 

“Mingyu!”

 

The one most fitted to Amber’s ideal type description came out with a stony face, a mysterious aura surrounding him. Standing right in front of the tomboy (Amber was openly gawking), he suddenly got down on one knee and smoothly held a rose in between his lips.

 

“Iwauuebtu”

 

“...Oh Mingyu,” Amber fawned, helping the unprepared male idol to take out the rose before raising her eyebrows at him. “Next time, consider proposing with something like...I don’t know, a ring in a box? It would be bad if you swallow the wrong thing and get send to the hospital,” she grabbed the edge of his jacket and pulled him closed. “Your poor fiancee would be extremely devastated,” she whispered before settling back into her chair with comfort.

 

Amber was getting into the game.

 

Mingyu returned with the reddest face s had ever seen him in.

 

“Hoshi!”

 

The team’s choreographer danced his way in front of the female idol, utilizing the smoothness of his dance moves to increase her heart rate. At one point, Hoshi had used the abandoned rose, sending the soft petals caressing the tomboy’s cheeks as he moved around her.

 

Amber’s heart skipped a beat, then fell stone cold from dizziness.

 

“Jeonghan!”

 

“Watch how this is done,” the group’s angel smirked before sliding up to Amber effortlessly. Portraying the perfect picture of a cute dongsaeng, the SEVENTEEN’s members watched in horror as their second oldest sent relays of aegyo at the frozen female idol, and was unsurprised when they saw her get up, ready to roundhouse kick him into space.

 

“Dodge!” Both S.Coups and Jun shouted out, the martial artists’ peaceful oath inside them came spewing out for their beloved member.

 

Jeonghan avoided a kick to the face.

 

Amber exercised enough for a week.

 

“Joshua!”

 

“Finally!” The SEVENTEEN heaved a sigh of relief, finally out of the torturous world where they constantly wonder who would be sacrifice next.

 

“Amber noona,” Joshua called out to her, a small, shy smile spreading across his lips as he came up to the female idol.

 

“Ne?”

Amber’s heart skipped a beat.

 

“Did you know, that when a man has seen the most beautiful woman in the world, he often finds his mind wandering back to her, unable to let go until he can finally have her for himself?”

 

Joshua was being utterly, innocently honest.

 

Amber’s eyes widened and a blush started creeping up her face.

 

Hey! I did that too!” an invisible Woozi protested in the background. The f(x) members hushed him up.

 

“Did you know, noona, that real beauty comes from within, and yet, more often than not, people are judged by their outer appearances?”

 

It was getting a bit too real.

 

“Did you know, noona, that even I come under that influence? The stereotypical pretty girl’s card works too well on me.” Joshua grabbed her arm gently, pulling her up onto her feet.

 

“And did you know, that you’re the most captivating woman I’ve ever met? I feel so lucky to know that other men cannot see the clear beauty you possessed. I feel so lucky...that I, too, am just a typical man...caught in the trap of beauty,” he gazed into her eyes, emotions pouring into her like a rushing waterfall.

 

“143…” the writers muttered amongst each other as they stared at the heartbeat monitor before turning their eyes back to the drama unfolding in front of them.

 

5 mere seconds later, an Amber Liu broke out of Joshua’s arms and flopped back onto her chair. Slamming her head against the table, she unexpectedly felt the soft cushion of something that is most definitely not the intended target, and glanced up briefly.

 

“I give up! Fine, I’m dating Joshua! Now, get him out of here before I murder my own boyfriend…” the tomboy pouted, glaring daggers into Ryeowook but the older male just flashed her a smile.

 

“Ding-dong-di-dong! Joshua Hong won the grand prize, and is now very welcome to exit the door with his beloved, blushing tomboyish girlfriend~”

 

The couple was out the door within 3 seconds.

 

~~~

 

The empty silence of the room deafened even the f(x) members, and so the three purposefully got up and dragged their chairs loudly back to the table.

 

A good minute later, the twelve remaining members of SEVENTEEN exploded into virtually all 13 stages of shock. Too back infatuation already left.

 

“W-W-W-Wait what?! Joshua hyung is dating Amber sunbaenim?!” DK questioned, the vocalist’s mouth gawking once the news had registered.

 

“...I don’t understand…” a tiny Dino voice whispered, and was immediately pulled into a hug by momma Jeonghan.

 

“How did they met?!” Wonwoo shouted, glancing wildly around the room before his eyes landed on his three remaining sunbaenims. “Sunbaenims-”

 

“Just noonas is fine,” Victoria interjected, tired of hearing sunbaenims all the time and feeling like she’s older than she actually is.

 

“Victoria noona, I-I...what just happened…?” Wonwoo stared at the older female helplessly, stuttering to even form the sentence.

 

“You guys are overreacting,” Krystal commented.

 

“Yeah, our Amber unnie isn’t the scary one here.” Luna agreed.

 

“What is that supposed to mean, noona? Joshua is my closest friend and I have never once heard him say he’s dating Amber noona!” Jeonghan exclaimed.

 

“Well, have you guys ever bothered to...I don’t know, ask him about those mysterious fun vacation trips he take on the weekends?” Victoria stifled in laughter when she saw the facts starting to sink in.

 

“B-But hyung said he was meeting a hometown friend and reminiscing whenever he goes out…” Seungkwan pointed out.

 

Luna chuckled, “Joshua really is a gentleman. Never been a liar much, huh? Of course Amber unnie is a hometown friend.

 

“...Oh my god,” S.Coups officially had a mental breakdown, the leader crumbling to the fact that he never noticed the strange behaviors of his friend. He was the last intervention on Joshua’s weekend trips, and he never even questioned the honesty of one Hong Jisoo.

 

“Wait noonas, so you’re saying...those cheesy words from earlier, are actually said in the most literal meanings?” Mingyu shook his head, the tallest member getting dizzy from the tall height they’re climbing through.

 

“Told you our unnie isn’t the scary one,” Krystal stated before her attention was taken away by the delivery food Amber knew to ordered the moment she left the studio. Everybody would have to experience mental breakdowns during an ongoing feast then, she figured.

 

And to think Joshua had only suggested that out of the pure kindness of his heart.

 


I attempted a funny and fluffy one-shot about Joshua and Amber, so I hope all of you like it~ 

Comment below whether or not you would like BTOB to comes after B1A4, and then I was thinking of ASTRO, but if any of you have other suggestions, feel free to express them down below! :)

Otherwise, I would love to know how you feel about this chapter. Your comments would truly make my day!