Christmas Miracle

Powers

“...What the hell is this?” Amber exclaimed, narrowing her eyes at the strange red envelope that resided in Krystal’s hand while slowly backing away toward the door.

 

“Unnie! Guess what?!” Krystal yelled excitedly, her normal chic facade gone and in its place was the giddy happiness of a child. The strange glint in the maknae’s eyes, however, was all that need to be seen for the older girl’s instincts to warn her to get out of there as fast as possible.

 

“Where do you think you’re going, Amber ah~?” Victoria singsonged, blocking the only escape route of the poor rapper. “We got a very very special Christmas present just for our dear, lonely tomboy!” The f(x)’s leader smiled brightly, sending shivers down the said tomboy’s back. Eyes widening as everyone closed in on her, Amber finally relented with a huff.

 

“Okay fine! You all win…” She pouted, crossing her arms to show how ‘angry’ she is, “What is it that you want to show me?”

 

“Ani unnie, you missed the opportunity to just know what it is without doing anything. Now we gotta get you all dress up...ily!” Luna cheered, using her favorite English word to express exactly why it is that she decided to skip her own celebration to help her unnie.

 

“...Dressed up?” Amber asked, glancing around at the menacing gazes of all the other females in the room and knew for a fact that she was doomed.

 

~


 

“Congratulations are in order, Amber! I heard you’re getting marry!” Key swooned the moment he stepped into the room, the huge dress hanging limply over the male idol’s arm. Eyes darting down at the offensive fabric, Amber shook her head vigorously, “Hell no. Hell to the no. Nope!” She resisted, trying her best to push her way out of the cursed room.

 

“Uh uh, unnie. You’re not going anywhere~” Krystal chuckled, watching in amusement as all the stylists struggled to keep the female idol in place. She really wondered how her unnie did not notice that the word ‘marry’ came up into the conversation, especially since it was the tomboy’s own wedding they were talking about.

 

“I wonder how the groom is doing. It is an honest mistake that we don’t know who he is yet,” Victoria sighed dramatically, taking the dress from Key and setting it against Amber’s body for comparison. “Yup, this is perfect.”

 

As though a light bulb had just lighted up inside her, Amber completely froze in place before her eyes settle on one person at a time. “...We Got Married? Why am I on We Got Married? Whatever happened to personal consent?”

 

“Oh honey, you of all people should know that consent doesn’t exist in the world of We Got Married,” Key clucked his tongue before opening the door. “Now then, I’ll be seeing you at the wedding~” He smiled before closing the door to give the female rapper the privacy of the changing room.

 

.

.

.

 

Not that there was much anyway. Having given up on trying to figure out what this whole chaos was about, Amber quietly sat in her chair and let the puffy white dress draped around her while the makeup artists fussed over her face. Yawning in boredom, her hazelnut orbs drifted over to her beloved members and all of them glanced up at once. They had learned too well of what that gaze means.

 

“What’s your question?”

“Who’s the guy?”

“We don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“Amber, it’s the first episode. You know how this goes.”

“As far as I know, isn’t it the guy’s job to find me?”

“Meh, it’s a new season. I think the producers are trying out a new concept.”

“By making me walk around in a wedding dress?”

“Why not, unnie? It gives the dramatic effects and plus, isn’t it more fun to ask the dumbfounded guys if they’re your husband?”

“You’re an evil maknae.”

“We thought it was gonna take longer until you figured that out.”

“So you’re not saying that I cannot tease them?”

“Tease who, mei mei?” Victoria smirked before closing the magazine. “Let’s get you out the door, Amber ah. Your jie jie is going to teach you all you need to know.”


~
 

“A-Annyeonghaseyo!” The boy group stared at their sunbaes with awe, “BEATWIN-imnida…”

 

“Ah, hello,” the 3 members of f(x) greeted back with smiles as their tomboy struggled with even reciprocating with a wave. “This dress is a waste of material,” Amber grumbled under her breath before catching the slight gasp that came out of the males in front of her.

 

“Amber sunbaenim?!” The 5 boys questioned but all of them averted their eyes when Amber settled her gaze on him.

 

“Ne?”

 

“A-Ani, um...eh…” The poor boy group fumbled with their words, earning a giggle from Amber’s fellow members as they watched the boys opened and closed their mouths in confusion.

 

“What did I tell you, unnie? I knew they would fall in love with you the moment they see you…” Luna trailed off with a smirk as  she accidentally run into Amber, pushing the rapper toward the oblivious idols. In normal circumstances, the athletic female would’ve been able to sidestepped and steady herself, but with the way her white dress completely enveloped her frame, she ended up tripping over her own feet and felt herself launching toward the floor.

 

“Sunbaenim!” The loud outcry was heard all the way down the hall and instead of face planting herself on the floorboard, Amber felt the soft embrace of death-of the 5 gorgeous boys she was now staring into the eyes of. Truth be told, she would rather have died from an injury than from overexposure to good-looking men because at least if she was dead, she could haunt Park Sunyoung into the afterlife.

 

Covering the incoming reddening of her cheeks, Amber cussed her dongsaeng under her breath and swore revenge. But first…

 

“Amber sunbaenim, gwenchana?” maknae Seongho asked as he stared into the female’s eyes, making her glance up at her own group’s maknae and cursing the Korean entertainment industry for producing such deadly weapons of destruction.

 

“I’m alright, thank you. You can let me down now…” Amber whispered, turning her head only to bump into the ruffles on a certain someone’s costume. Looking up into the face of her only remaining savior, her eyes met with brilliant blue and the tomboy let out a squeak before pushing against his sturdy chest to hide behind her members. That was the fastest the BEATWIN members had ever seen anyone run in a wedding dress, they would later recalled.

 

“Yoonhoo ah, you scared our unnie,” Krystal scrutinized with sustained laughter, but the bright grin on her face was more than enough to let on the f(x)’s members’ reactions to the current situation. All except one, of course.

 

“Mianhe noona. Are you okay? I didn’t hurt you, did I?” Yoonhoo asked worriedly and when he saw the little shake of the head from the person in question, he let out a relieved smile.

 

“Please tell me he’s not the groom…” Amber whispered to her leader, praying fervently that he truly was not the other man.

 

“I don’t know, Amber. Why don’t you ask them?” came Victoria’s reply, her features somehow not showing any indicators of her thoughts. And as far as Amber know, her unnie need to stop taking acting lessons because she clearly doesn’t need them.

 

“...I hate you guys” Amber whined but steeled herself to look into her hoobaes’ eyes. After composing herself, she placed the most friendly smile on her face and stepped out from behind her members.

 

“Ah, seem like our unnie is ready!” Luna excitedly said before directing the male idols’ eyes back to Amber.

 

“Is any of you my We Got Married husband by any chance?”

 

.

.

.


 

“I’m so disappointed in you, Amber ah. How could you think they’re your husband?” Onew appeared in the doorway, casually leaning against its frame with the biggest smirk on his face. At the sudden entrance of another sunbae, BEATWIN launched into another round of bowings before excusing themselves to go perform.

 

“I wish you luck in your marriage, Amber sunbae. But, I shall hope with all my heart that you would give me a chance the next time around,” Jungha took off his hat, bowed toward the surprised idol in the most dramatic way before taking her hand and placing a gentle peck on her knuckles. True to his character of a gentleman, he then took off, his long locks blowing in the wind.

 


~

 

“...What the hell just happened?” Krystal raised her eyebrows, the inquiry coming out in her mother tongue.

 

“Beats me. I don’t know why but the newer groups sure like to kiss people’s knuckles,” Amber shrugged, surprisingly not fluster over the affectionate gesture. Perhaps she was too used to it.

 

“Tsk tsk, Amber, are you sure you should be like that in front of your husband?” Onew scolded in a gentle voice, the same smile still playing on his lips. “Maybe I should steal you away before you’re even more taken by my new competitor?” He said, pulling a rose out of his pocket and presenting it toward her.  “Or should I just show you how much better I am compare to him?” He whispered in her ears, pulling the younger female closed by hooking his arm around her waist.

 

Raising her eyebrow, Amber stifled in a giggle at her oppa’s attempt to be y. She still, however, accepted the rose and placed a kiss upon his cheek as thanks. “I don’t know,  Jinki oppa, what’s your take on the perfect marriage proposal? Because this certainly isn’t the best way to propose.” She teased, flailing her arms around her white gown.

 

Perhaps distracted by earlier events, Onew did not see the dress his bride was endorsed in and when he finally noticed, a bright blush overtook the usually clumsy leader’s face.

 

“Now that’s the proposal I wanted,” Amber chuckled before reaching her arm toward the camera’s lens and completely covering it. “And just so you know, oppa, we’re under a mistletoe,” she smiled and leaned in to place a deep kiss on his lips.

 


.

.

.



 

“They don’t know, do they?”

“Know what?”

“That Amber and Onew are a real couple.”

“They had no idea.”




 

“SHINee’s Onew proposed to f(x)’s Amber on live television!”

“The 10-years couple are preparing for their fairytale wedding!”

“Unexpected outcome to WE GOT MARRIED’s whirlwind wedding! Idol couple actually engaged!”



~
 

“Geez, what happened to privacy?” An annoyed Amber scowled as she watched the camera crew stumbled while trying to follow her around. “It’s like the 21st century’s version of entertainment is poking into people’s lives!”

 

“Now now Amber, you should know that the world is curious about your and Onew’s love story. After all, they never would have thought that you two would ended up together.” Victoria attempted to calm the younger idol, understanding the harshness of being under criticism for enjoying the part of life many people take for granted.

 

“They didn’t have to continue filming us after We Got Married ended though. I literally already show what I was going to do for the wedding on the show, and I’m not in the mood to change the layout of everything, especially with Jinki oppa in Japan for the tour.”

 

“...Not in the mood? Amber ah, you’ve been moody lately but wouldn’t it be fun to plan another wedding with our help?! After all, MBC even offered to pay for the cost if you allowed them to film your process.”

 

“Unnie, you know that’s not the problem. Filming is fine, but I don’t want them in my home and looking through my things...like what they’re doing now…” Amber grimaced, gingerly setting herself down onto the sofa along with her leader as the production crew started to set up their equipments. “And plus, shouldn’t Jinki oppa be here? He’s half of the show and he isn’t even present a thirds of the time.”

 

Suddenly understand the rapper’s reason for being so grumpy, Victoria laughed and pushed herself off the sofa. “You could’ve just said you were lazy and wanted mango.”

 

“But I’m allergic.”

 

“So you don’t want the mango?”

 

“...”

 

“Here you go!” Victoria giggled when she passed on the bag of dried mangos and saw Amber popped one into immediately. As she happened to glance up in the PD’s eyes, she saw they were the size of saucer and snorted as elegantly as she could. “Yeah, it happens,” she started to explain before anyone even ask, “Amber is a moody queen so just give her food when she get like this. Especially when Jinki is gone. But I do recommend annoying her as much as possible a day before he’s back ‘cause seeing him catering to her needs should get the ratings up!” The girl group’s leader energetically tipped as the writers of the show took notes of her advice. “It’s honestly quiet hilarious to see her ban chicken from his life when she gets angry enough. It’s like a one-sided battle-oof!” the older girl bounced against the thrown pillow and ended up on the opposite side of the sofa, just the right distance for Amber to lie on, she figured.

 

.

.

.



 

“...I take it you’re annoyed,” Onew calmly assessed the situation the moment he stepped into the house and smelled the delicious aroma of fried chicken but could not find his favorite food anywhere.

 

Sweat-dropping in the background, the cameramen, writers, and PDs alike tried their best to appear invisible in order to not irk the female idol even more. Their reason?

 

“W-What are you talking about, Jinki oppa?! You babo!” Amber threw a fit, tears streaming down her face as she fired pillow after pillow at the older man. Surprisingly enough, Onew had grown so used to the attacks that he had became an expert at avoiding...and also calming down her anger. Taking one to the face for the good of them all, he dramatically fell down onto the floor and lie still.

 

“O-Oppa?” Amber’s voice broke as she stared at the body of her fiance. Her eyes had stopped producing the deadly liquid and instead, were puffy and red as a result. “Oppa, gwenchana? You’re not dead, are you?”

 

No replies.

 

“Oh, you’re dead? Alright then! More food for me, I guess!” Amber suddenly smiled, quirky as ever as she carefully reached down and take the abandoned plastic bag into her arms. Fumbling through the mess, the female idol perked up when her hand felt the familiar shape of the ice cream container. “My baby!” She squealed joyfully, taking the lid off with record speed before digging in. In the distant sideline, the viewers could see Onew slowly getting up so he won’t alarm his now-calm fiancee before settling himself right beside her with his arms protectively wrapped around her waist. That, dear viewers, is how one can tame oneself an Amber Liu.

 

Onew wouldn’t recommend trying though.


 

~


 

“The dress is a bit tight around my stomach area,” Amber innocently pointed out, rubbing the said spot with confusion.

 

“You cannot be serious. Unnie, I know pregnancy brain is a real thing but stop joking like that. It’s impossible to forget that you’re carrying a baby,” Krystal sighed exasperatedly. It had been 4 months since they all found out about the main reason for their rapper’s terrible mood swings, and everything had been relatively calm compared to the scene before the discovery. Of course, news broke out all over the place and theories that the reason why her unnie and Onew are getting a shotgun  wedding is because of the baby were all shot down immediately...mainly because no one wanted the news to reach Amber’s ears, and because they weren’t true.

 

“I was just joking, geez. If one didn’t know better, they would think you’re the one pregnant, Krystal ah,” Amber shrugged, raising her arms so that her dressmaker can make the necessary adjustments.

 

All eyes beside the to-be bride’s whipped toward the maknae immediately, silently questioning whether it was true or not. The younger Jung sister, eyes widening, shook her head in denial strongly and glared at the older girl.

 

“Oh thanks god. We wouldn’t be able to take on another pregnant lady,” Victoria and Luna collectively sigh in relief, truly believing for a moment there that the youngest was with child. “She’s only been married for a month after all.”

 

“...You two do realize Amber unnie is 4 months pregnant and is about to get marry?”

 

“Yep!” Victoria and Luna nodded and raised their eyebrows, “But it’s Amber, so what can you do about it?”

 

“True.”

 

“Hey, what’s that supposed to mean!”

 

~


 

“Do you, Lee Jinki, take Liu Amber to be your bride?”

“I do.”

“And do you, Liu Amber, take Lee Jinki to be your husband?”

“...Hmm”

“Amber~!”

“I do.”

“You may now kiss the bride!”

 

.

.

.


 

“I hate you, LEE JINKI!” Amber gripped onto her husband’s hand strongly, making the man winced in pain as the screams and cusses (all directed at him) flew out from .

 

“Remind me to stop those two from creating another child…” Victoria grimaced as she listened to the sounds of childbirth. “At the rate they’re going, they are a possible cause for another world war.”

 

“...We will.” The two youngest in f(x) agreed.

 

~


 

“Congratulation, it’s a girl!” The nurses all broke out into smiles as they held the cleaned baby toward Amber and Jinki. “What’s her name?”

 

“Jina. Her name is Jina.” The happy couple said in unison, smiling at each other as they held their precious child in their arms.

 

“Good job, Amber ah,” Onew fondly whispered the moment the nurses are gone, leaning down to place a loving peck on the new mother’s forehead.

 

“Don’t go repeating the process, hyung. It’s way too early,” Minho chuckled teasingly as they all entered the room to greet their goddaughter.

 

“Hey little…”

“Girl”

“Girl. How’s my favorite princess today?” Jonghyun made kissy faces at the curious toddler, earning himself a large whack by the one and only baby.

 

“You kinda deserve that, oppa…” Luna giggled, watching  Jina laughed when her little palm came into contact with Jonghyun’s cheek. “Unnie, you should think about letting her continue your taekwondo legacy. She’s a fighter!”

 

“Luna, don’t encourage her. Little Jina’s Prince Charming doesn’t need any more obstacles than he already have. You know how many uncles would be willing to defend Jina to death before even letting a boy approach her,” Victoria said seriously, taking the infant from Amber’s giving arms.

 

“That’s precisely why she should learn martial arts. Not to fight off boys, but to get rid of her annoying uncles...although they would probably die if they just get a word of rejection from her anyway” Krystal chimed in, smiling mysteriously. “Unnie, can I be her tutor?”

 

“For what?”

 

“To be an apprentice of the ice princess’s way”

 

“Sure.”

 

“...Really?!” Krystal turned around quick as lightning, skeptical as to why her tomboy unnie was so quick to agreed. “You realize you’re scaring me right?”

 

“Well hey, if Jongin was willing to fight that hard for you, my little Jina deserve her own little fighter too.”

 

“True.”

 

“I hope you all realize that you’re scheming a little boy’s demise.”

 

“Oh, we know.”



~

 

“Appa. Say appa, Jina ah,” Onew bobbed his daughter up and down his laps, dodging the infant’s flailing arms. When they happened to hit his face, however, the bright smile that bloomed on her face make the new dad questioned whether he should purposefully get hit from now on.

 

“A-umma!” Little Jina giggled, wrapping her tiny fingers in her dad’s hair as she asked for her mom. Even as Amber came into the room, however, Jina only smiled at the female before nuzzling up to her dad. “Umma!” She proudly yelled out as if to show her accomplishment.

 

“Arasso, Jina ah. I know you got your dad wrapped around your little finger already, but let’s not be too obvious, alright?” Amber winked at her baby daughter before coming over to her small family. “C’mon now, come to mommy.”

 

“Umma~” Jina reached out her arms to her and Amber took the toddler from a sad, puppy-eyes Onew.

 

“Would you rather keep her and let her hate you, oppa?” Amber questioned when she could still feel the stare from her husband. At her words, Onew suddenly straightened up and pouted.

 

“I hate how right you are.”

 

“But you know you love me-” Amber said but before she could finish, Onew had leaned in to peck her lips. Jina’s big, hazelnut eyes stared up at her affectionate parents for a moment before she bursted into tears, pushing Onew away from Amber with her tiny arms.

 

“Appa!” She cried angrily, hugging Amber’s neck and glaring at Onew from the high place. “Bad appa!” She accused, her small toddler mind thinking that her dad had just bullied her mom.

 

“Oh gosh, I love Krystal for being such a good teacher,” Amber sighed with happiness, supporting Jina as the little girl went swinging for her dad with her ‘claws.’ Onew, meanwhile, had taken a critical hit from his only daughter’s words and was staring at a blank space behind Amber as though it was an abomination.

 

“A-Amber ah, Jina hates me!”

 

“She doesn’t.”

 

“But she does!”

 

Amber raised an eyebrow before setting Jina down onto his laps. Gripping the collar of Onew’s shirt, Jina pulled herself up and pecked Onew’s lips before smiling in satisfaction. She had just taken her revenge.



~

 

A blubbering fanboy Onew later, Amber and Jina sat themselves down at the dining table to enjoy their food. The women of the house looked up suddenly as a hand appeared to place their food in front of them and the two pairs of hazelnut eyes met in unison.

 

They truly does have Onew wrapped around their little fingers.


 


Merry late Christmas everyone! I hope you all are having a great holiday with your families and loved ones!

The last one for the SHINee era will be Taemin, and I will then continue on to SEVENTEEN!

 

And I have a question. What do you all think about having one (or two; depending on the size of the group) We Got Married specials per group? They will all be unique, of course, but don't you think it's interesting to see different reactions when the two finally realize who they are pair up with? ^^


Also, comment what you think about this story! I would love to read the comments! :)

 

P.S: Yes, I'm currently obsessed with BEATWIN. I saw their recent performance of their newest song, Rising Sun and I really do recommend checking it out. The song is fun and really cute and I just think they really deserve more than to the underappreciation they currently have.