Express Yourself

Powers

“I don’t know about this, oppas. This really isn’t a good idea,” Amber said as she stared at her managers, shivering slightly whenever the wind rustled against her bare legs. Even at her protests, however, the moment the camera turned away from the idol star and her managers’ reunion, a starkly handsome male exited from the dark van and embraced the tomboy tightly.

 

“Amber ah, I didn’t know you hate me this much,” Minho whispered lowly in his girlfriend’s ear, covering her with the extra jacket he had taken care to brought along. It had been approximately 2 weeks since he last saw her, the last being when she permitted him to say goodbye right before she goes off to the army.

 

“Oppa, do you want us to be revealed? Everyone is staring, you know,” Amber lightly pushed against his chest, although she made no other movement to leave her source of warmth.

 

“Ah, annyeonghaseyo!” Minho greeted, bowing to the remaining female soldiers and his girlfriend’s castmates and their families with a bright smile. Judging by the protective way in which he had wrapped his arm around the tomboy’s waist afterward, there was no mistaking the relationship they have.

 

“How adorable,” Jiyoung said, smiling at the couple fondly as she, herself, stood in her husband’s embrace. It had been a long time since any of them had last seen their loved ones, and considering the fact that the two were idols, it was an amazement to her when she saw Minho came out of that van to greeted the girl she had grown to consider a younger sister. Being an actress, she knew how hard it is to be in a relationship even though actresses and actors have an easier time getting around the paparazzi than idols can, and the younger man’s braveness made her wondered how much of an effect the tomboy must have on him.

 

“Aish, and here I thought you really did like that honey-voice ins-” “Ah!” Amber launched herself at the female without a second thought, breaking away from her boyfriend to stop the secret from leaking out.

 

“Aw, unnie, you don’t have to hide it. I’m sure Minho oppa would understand why you replaced him for a short time to get motivation during the training,” Bomi teased the couple, knowing fully well that the man they nicknamed ‘Flaming Charisma’ really isn’t as calm as everyone thought he is...and frankly speaking, she wanted to see how he would be like when jealous. Ever since the two got closed during the harsh training, Amber and Bomi had been sharing secrets and swapping stories, and the topic of relationship did came up at one point...which was when Bomi found out about the two idols’ relationship and how the tomboy feel as though her boyfriend is too calm when she’s around her guy friends while she’s always bothered when he got surrounded by his female friends.

 

Bomi was simply helping a fellow female.

 

“What did you do, Amber ah? Don’t tell me you went and fell for another guy beside me?” Minho quirked an eyebrow, seeming amused although there was a silent tornado brewing inside him.

 

“Ani-” “Waeyo, Amber ah? Here, that’s the instructor everyone looked at when we’re tired. He got the best voice ever, and frankly speaking, I’m sure everyone got a crush on him at one point or another.” Dahee interjected with a chuckle, never once allowing the f(x) member to talk. It was at this moment that all of her fellow castmates shared a secretive naughty grin.

 

“Hmm, I don’t know about that. Amber ah did seemed more energetic than the rest of us when she saw him. And she even blushed during the interview, so that was absolutely adorable!” Yewon gushed, casting a sidelong glance at the only male rapper in the vicinity for his reaction. Minho still appeared to be calm, although the faltered smile and the constrained small glare he sent were telling a completely different story.

 

“Guys, I think we teased Amber enough,” Hasun interrupted the commotion with a gentle smile, although the empathetic way in which she looked at the female idol told of her mutual understanding of Amber’s situation. The moment she turned her gaze to the rest of the members, however, everyone immediately froze before quickly bidding the idols goodbye and entering their own vans to go back home with promises of future meetings. Just as everyone was about to leave, Youngmi purposefully stayed behind and pulled Amber to the side.

 

“Amber ah, you know what I’m about to say.” “Unnie-” “Do it, Amber ah. You know how much he wants to see it. And beside, just a bit aegyo will leave him completely under your control. The only thing you would be losing is your wall, and there’s no reason to not trust him, hmm?” The older woman snickered before pushing the tomboy back into her boyfriend’s waiting arms and proceeded to head back home to her much-awaited rest.

 
 
 
 

“Oppa~I’m tired,” The female rapper whined, latching herself onto her boyfriend’s arm as she snuggled deep into his warmth. Even though she knew perfectly well that her managers were both in the car, at this point, the idol was both cold and completely done from the training she just went through and would rather lose her pride than pretend to be the tough woman she wanted others to perceive her to be. Sure, being a strong role-model for young girls is important, but it was currently her private moment with her man, and she’s not about to put up a pretense around someone who know her so well.

 

“Ah, Amber, you’re so adorable,” Minho sighed in satisfaction as he pulled her closer to him, draping the throw over the both of them completely before placing his head on top of her. How they got into that position in the car, no one will ever know.

 

“I want hot chocolate and ramen when we’re home,” Amber whispered, tilting her head backward to look into Minho’s eyes. And with a cheeky grin, she lifted herself up a bit to place a peck on his lips. “And that’s your payment beforehand.”

 

Staring at the younger girl in disbelief, even Mr. Flaming Charisma himself could not help but to gape at the huge display of affections the female rapper just shown and his mind reeled to understand what the heck just happened. And that was the moment when his mind flashbacked to when he first realized his instincts to protect the girl in front of him.

 

It was a few years back when SM decided to go on a tour and his group and Amber were alone on a double-decker bus together. For some weird reason, he ended up having his arms on both side of her waist as she stared out nonchalantly at the bustling scenario of New York. On the back of his mind, his logical side was yelling at him to get away before any feelings could develop, but when the bus lurched forward and tilted the crowd forward a bit, he knew it was too late. The moment he saw Amber stood unsteadily on her feet, his arms tightened on the railing even more to prevent her from falling, and even when their fans screamed with joy, all he could hear was the fast beating of his heart.

 

That was the first time he realized his strong protective instinct for the ridiculously-oblivious tomboy.

 

“Oppa? Annyeong?” Amber peered into his face, worried that her quick kiss had left him a broken man forever. When his eyes regained the vitality from before he drifted off, however, she silently heaved a sigh of relief and shown her happiness by punching him lightly for shocking her.

 

“We’re here, Amber, Minho,” Her managers called out simultaneously as they stopped in front of the two idols’ apartment complex. Once the two climbed out, the men bid them a good night before driving off. It had been several months now since the couple moved in together, a process that took a good year of convincing Lee Sooman and planning a path as to not get caught by paparazzi. Even though there was less security around their PDAs nowadays, their president still cautioned them to be as careful as they can so news don’t leak. But in case they do, he said, go with the flow.

The meaning of that sentence never imprinted on the two rappers’ minds as clear as when the news broke out the very next day.

 

“Amber! Minho! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” Victoria and Onew stormed into the apartment complex, screaming their heads off as they blasted the TV on full volume. Standing in front of the screen was the news anchor, with an extremely and irrefutable picture of the f(x) and SHINee members entering the complex together, holding hands and definitely seeming more than friends. What was even more shocking, however, was the fact that the newscaster was announcing SM’s statement which not only not compromised the situation, but confirmed the relationship.

 

It was as though they knew.

 

Sitting before the two fuming leaders silently, Amber and Minho rubbed the sleepiness out of their eyes as much as they could before the wraths and screaming competition would start. It wasn’t a preferable situations, but they would rather sit through madness than silent repentant.

 

“What were you thinking?”

 

“Mr. Lee Sooman told our managers to dropped us off there after the filming.”

 

“...He did?”

 

“Ne.”

“That sly businessman,” Onew muttered, throwing his head back and chuckling before slamming the first page of the newest magazine edition he picked up on the way down onto the table.

 

“HD quality, clearly showing your faces. He planned it,” Victoria announced as the two younger idols stared at the cover with conflicting feelings reflecting across their features.

 

“But why would he do that?” Amber questioned, completely awake now that the fact had registered into her mind.

 

“There’s some ridiculous rumors going around that Minho is seeing one of the rookie girls. And Mr. Lee Sooman knew you would be moping around if that were to come out, Amber, and Minho would be trying to salvage your relationship...so I think he decided to decimate that rumor with a reveal.” Onew shrugged, sipping onto the cup of coffee he had prepared for himself in the time it took for the news to sink in.

 

“That sly businessman…” Both Amber and Minho muttered darkly.

 
 

“Excuse me, but we would like a statement. How did you feel when your relationship got revealed so suddenly? Any words?” Reporters surrounded the two masked idols as they tried to get to their vans. Overcame with the sudden restriction of freedom that she had almost never experienced before, Amber froze but was pulled out of her daze when she felt a tug on her arm. Minho had shielded her from the camera, covering her as much as he could as he pushed his way through the crowd and leading her to the car. The moment the tomboy stepped into the car, a camera’s flash goes off with a sweet picture of Minho protecting his girlfriend from the warzone and its energetic soldiers. That was to be one of the most famous pictures of fans who boarded the ship of the two idols.

 

“Care to explain, Choi Minseok?” Minho plopped down in his chair, levelling his gaze at his hyung. If looks could kill, the older Choi brother would be more than several feet underground.

 

Flickering his gaze from his baby brother to the confused look on Amber’s face, Choi Minseok snorted before hooking his arm around Amber’s and smiling brightly. However, not even a second had passed before Minho reached over and pulled his girlfriend back into his side. “Hyung, what do you think you’re doing?!”

 

“See, Amber ah? He gets jealous so easily, I just had to do that. You had no idea how hard it was to calm his wrath whenever he sees you getting chummy with another guy,” Minseok shook his head with an exaggerated sigh, smirking when he saw the heat slowly rising up to Minho’s cheeks.

 

“...Oppa got jealous?” Amber scrunched her eyebrows together, turning to look at her boyfriend who had quickly whipped his head away from her so she won’t see. Although...judging by how red the tip of his ear was, there was no mistaking it. Mr. Flaming Charisma was blushing.

 

“Jinja, to think that none of this would have happened if you would just tell her, Minho ah! There’s nothing wrong with telling your own girlfriend that you don’t like being so closed with her guy friends. I mean, sure, you might get a few punches here and there, but c’mon, it’s Amber. You got the best one out there, so why are you so afraid of showing that you’re scared of losing her?” Minseok had wanted to tease Minho, but his quipping had quickly turned into a small lecture.

 

“‘Cause she might think I don’t deserve her…” Minho whispered quietly, the usual confident gaze gone from his eyes, “Even you yourself said she’s the best out there. I know there are a lot of guys who like...even love her, and I don’t want her to think there’s someone better than me. I had to be perfect.

 

“Oh god, how dumb are you oppa? I don’t love you because you’re the perfect man you’re trying to be. I love you because you’re dorky and not afraid to show it,” Amber smiled fondly as she listened to his confession. “And I’m not the best one out there either. I’m my flawed, perfect self. I may mistakes. Heck, I’m clumsy. But you still love me, right?”

 

“....Okayyy that’s enough. Nope, can’t take this mushy talk. I’m done,” Choi Minseok stood up, ready to leave the lovey-dovey to their own device, but a chilling voice gripped the back of his spine and the man froze in place.

 

“But Minseok oppa, I’m not done with you,” Amber’s nauseously sweet voice directed itself at the older Choi and he slowly turned around to find that the tomboy was right behind him. “You’re the one who leaked the pictures, didn’t you? Those weren’t from last night. They were from the time when we visited your place!”

 

“I-I can explain?” Cold sweat dripped from the man’s forehead as he avoided all eye contact with the female idol.

 

“I would like to hear your excuses too, hyung.” Minho spoke, standing up from his seat to face his hyung.

 

“Oh c’mon, 2 against 1 isn’t fair!” Minseok protested weakly before he slumped back down into his chair. “What do you guys even want? I did you two a favor!”

 

“We have something we wanted, alright,” Amber’s lips quirked upwardly devilishly, a strange glint in her eyes.

 
 
 

“I never sign up for this!” Choi Minseok yelled from his stall at the event, trying to hide his face from passersby who wanted to take a peek at the strange man wearing the maid’s outfit selling the newly-famous couple’s photos.  

 

“Can I have a picture, Ms. Maid?” A few young men had made jokes at the Choi brother as they passed by, and it was time like this that Minseok questioned why he ever thought about helping his younger brother’s hopeless romance. For God’s sake, he was the one that hooked the male rapper with the tomboy in the first place.

 

“I hate you so much, Choi Minho! Liu Amber!” Minseok cursed from under his breath just as the largest screen in the vicinity showed his current image, with the advertisement of ‘The Most Supportive Brother’s Shop” right underneath. Needless to say, every single night from then on, Minho had to make sure that all the doors are locked before he go to bed. There was no way he’s taking a chance with experiencing his hyung’s revenge a second time.

 
 
 

I mean, I tried. I genuinely hoped y'll enjoyed the update! Since it's Thanksgiving Break for me right now, more likely than not, SHINee will be finished by this weekend and I'll be starting SEVENTEEN! Which pairing should I start with from SEVENTEEN?

So..., I got 20/20 slots filled for the special. Below is the Full list of requests made and I''m so thankful for all the the requests  I received! Thanks guys!

1. V and Amber

2. Suga and Amber

3. Jin and Amber

4. Jungkook and Amber

5. Kris and Amber

6. Siwon and Amber

7. Yunho and Amber

8. James and Amber

9. Jimin and Amber

10. Minho and Amber

11. GD and Amber

12. Junhyung and Amber

13. Yongguk and Amber 

14. Leo and Amber

15. Sehun and Amber

16. Donghae and Amber 

17. Jay Park and Amber 

18. Baekhyun and Amber 

19. Xiumin and Amber 

20. Seo Kang Joon and Amber