Second Chance At Love

Powers

Second Chance At Love

"Love is uncontrollable"
Sometimes I wonder, what keep and let a person know he or she is in love.
In my opinion, it would be impossible for me to find 'the one', as most dramas would call it. I fell back to reality, harsh, years ago, and whatever lingering feelings left felt like taunting. I cannot determine the probability of love and its consequences, but I've learned to accept the harsh truth: I don't have the ability to fall in love anymore. 
A shocker, right? What girl in their right mind would come up with that conclusion? No one. But of course, there's always a few exception here and there. It can't be help that I didn't learn the lesson sooner, so the devastating ending wouldn't hurt so much when I was still naive. I'm not innocent anymore. And neither would I actually unlock my heart again, right?
Wrong. Completely and utterly wrong. I felt like a failure when the fast beating of my heart resonate in my ears. It was different. It wasn't puppy love anymore. I was too deeply in the cave of nightmares to trace back my steps and act like nothing was wrong. Why? Because EVERYTHING was wrong. 
The moment he walked into the room of the show I'm a host of, I felt a bucket full of cold water splashed me in the face. Hard. Full. Loud. 
Yes, loud. My heartbeat was speeding up, and I didn't like where the train inside my head is going. 
"Amber? Amber!" Henry shook me out of my trance as I blinked twice to cover the emotions bubbling up inside me. Not good, I thought, he's going to be a co-MC. I couldn't possibly...
Slapping myself in the face, I regained my conscious mind, and even have enough conscience to feel guilty about going off into another dimension. 
"Annyeonghaseyo!" The two new boys greeted and I instantly regret laying eyes on them. What was I thinking?! I had just officially confirmed what my heart had knew all along. 
"Stupid Amber!" I muttered under my breath and the trio in the room looked at me with concern.
"Amber sunbaenim?" His timid voice called out, and I unsuccessfully resisted the urge to look into his eyes. I winced at the worried look, and mumbled some jumble that nobody could understand, mixing up the three languages I knew. 
"Yi Yun, you're being weird" Henry shook my shoulder with concern and I glared at him. 
"You're pointing out the obvious" I gripped his shoulder and shook his hands off of me. I was being moody, and I knew it. Blame the hormone of a still-growing woman. 
"Amber-ssi?" Himchan spoke out and I turned to face him with a smile. 
"Ah, sorry about that. Himchan, Youngjae, please make yourself comfortable. I apologize about stupid Snoopy right here" I said, ignoring the protests coming from behind me. 
"The cameras are going to roll for the interview in five minutes, Amber. We're going to introduce Himchan-ssi and Youngjae-ssi" the PD informed. 
"Ah, alright. Now, everyone, I'll be right back real quickly. Just need to get the script from...somewhere" I excused myself and sprinted right out the door before the younger of the two could even say a word. I feared I was already drowning in the ocean of love, as cheesy as it sound. And I was definitely looking forward to getting out of it and to safety. Where the dry land are. 


One of the shortest updates of mine, so do forgive me ^.^ I hope you all enjoy it! 

I might not update for a long time, but do stick with me. Thank you! 

P.S: No promise of a sequel, but it might happen